Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10890541 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2018
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2018
owoblow77:
grin grin grin They'll not taste death. They will be transformed like Enoch.

They fit be young chaps with lots of experiences ooo. Some people starts to garner experience from tender age grin
Some are lucky to have enlightened and biz inclined parents who set their feet on the right paths financially from very young age too. Just saying. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2018
owoblow77:
According to Nairametrics:
‘’Honeywell has two business segment, Apapa, and Ikeja and it seems its future is dependent on what happens in its Ikeja segment. Honeywell’s Apapa division oversees its more profitable arm, the flour business while the Ikeja division is where operations of its loss-making Pasta making business is located. Of the N11 billion in operating profit it reported last year, N10 billion alone came from Apapa. Currently, Ikeja is operating at a loss while Apapa again is leading the charge with N7 billion in operating profit.’’

‘’The company expects its new factory in Ogun State to come on stream this year (earlier scheduled for 2018 Q1). The factory is projected to raise the total installed capacity of the company by 150% at its completion and will include 4 pasta lines with an installed capacity of 125,000 metric tonnes.’'

Currently I own about 100k units of Honeywell Flour shares.
Now I want to invest about 2 million naira.
Please I need an insider to help answer the below questions.

1. Why is the company trying to scale-up a loss making pasta line?
2. Why not simply install the 4 new pasta lines in Ikeja, hence you save on assets depreciation costs, human costs, and other associated costs that comes with starting-up a new plant?
3. Is the technology on the new lines the same as the old lines?
4. Is there any major change to the pasta (finished products) distribution network?

Just be careful.

My own concern is what they will do with the scaled up capacity. Competition is something else in that flour sector. And if wheat price should go up that is double wahala for them.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
pluto09:

This transcorp is looking more and more attractive by the day.

@ Wanajo, are there things one should worry about apart from this non controlling interest and the Tony factor?

H1 EPS of 11kobo. FY at same run rate will be like 25kobo. Assume a PE of 6 that is like N1.50.

Good growth in revenue driven by the power sector. Not sure what they've done differently for almost 50% surge in revenue from Power sector.

Trade receivables of N77bn is a red flag! N100bn borrowings also is not small.

Then you have the related party transactions with Tony and co.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
wanaj0:

H1 EPS of 11kobo. FY at same run rate will be like 25kobo. Assume a PE of 6 that is like N1.50.

Good growth in revenue driven by the power sector. Not sure what they've done differently for almost 50% surge in revenue from Power sector.

Please, Based on this, what do you think the FY fair price could be?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2018
GTB never reach 25?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 17, 2018
For over a decade now,this is the first time Transcorp is releasing a result showing a profit after tax of 10B which brings the Eps to 11kobo.To me,this is a fantastic result.Investors needs to patronize this stock.If there is no rise in the price of this stock at least 20% increase in share price,I dont see any other company result that will see 5% rise even after this half year result.

NO BULL BEFORE/AFTER HALF YEAR RESULT,NO BULL FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 2:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
STI +8
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
sky2891:

Please, Based on this, what do you think the FY fair price could be?

Sorry sir. Only Oracle and Currentprice are able to determine that. I never reach that level.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:
For over a decade now,this is the first time Transcorp is releasing a result showing a profit after tax of 10B which brings the Eps to 11kobo.To me,this is a fantastic result.Investors needs to patronize this stock.If there is no rise in the price of this stock at least 20% increase in share price,I dont see any other company result that will see 5% rise even after this half year result.

NO BULL BEFORE/AFTER HALF YEAR RESULT,NO BULL FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR.

My mouth is watering
Plenty food gathering
December do and come
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Sorry sir. Only Oracle and Currentprice are able to determine that. I never reach that level.

Oga this is really propaganda.Lets appreciate a company that has posted a result beyond people's expectations.
Just think of the position of this company before now.Did you not see losses and stagnancy?You are very right in your valuations but try to understand the angle I am pointing to.

I DONT HAVE A UNIT OF TRANSCORP BUT MPEACE MY FRIEND HAS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:

Oga this is really propaganda.Lets appreciate a company that has posted a result beyond people's expectations.
Just think of the position of this company before now.Did you not see losses and stagnancy?You are very right in your valuations but try to understand the angle I am pointing to.

Nothing has changed bro. Check the 2013/2014 results; is this one better? grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2018
jideflash:
STI +8
Wetin this code mean?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:

Lol. What are friends for? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
New junctions

Skye - 20kobo
Diamond - 50kobo
Fidelity - 70kobo
Fcmb - 70kobo
Zenith - N12
Guaranty - N18
Honeywell - 80kobo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
New junctions

Skye - 20kobo
Diamond - 50kobo
Fidelity - 70kobo
Fcmb - 70kobo
Zenith - N12
Guaranty - N18
Honeywell - 80kobo

LOL. Grave robber.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2018
Sovereign Trust Insurance +8%
Mcy56:

Wetin this code mean?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
mendes911:

LOL. Grave robber.

Na prices wey sure for 100-200% be that grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Ohok. So that's how you arrive at your own valuations. Chai.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2018
mendes911:

LOL. Grave robber.

You may not know how powerful ogogoro is until you see a handwriting like that one.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
New junctions Skye - 20kob Diamond - 50kobo Fidelity - 70kobo Fcmb - 70kobo Zenith - N12 Guaranty - N18 Honeywell - 80kobo
Village pricing. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:
You may not know how powerful ogogoro is until you see a handwriting like that one.
lol. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2018
jideflash:
Sovereign Trust Insurance +8%
Okay. cool You don port here. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2018
locodemy:

I get his point though. His target has always been minimum 100% for late year entry, so he's trying to err on the safe side. His projections for DBN last year was 80k but he was forced to re-enter at about N1.20 (when information came out on their sale of subsidiary).

We will wait and see what happens this year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:

Light dey your village?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ugosample(m): 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
Agbalowomeri:
New junctions
Skye - 20kobo Diamond - 50kobo Fidelity - 70kobo Fcmb - 70kobo Zenith - N12 Guaranty - N18 Honeywell - 80kobo
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by musty00: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
wanaj0:

Lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2018
i don bellefull sef.
Mcy56:

Okay. cool You don port here. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2018
DOLLARTEX:
Light dey your village?
Solar energy at work. smiley
Think say you too don go village o. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
jideflash:
i don bellefull sef.
Lol. cheesy Good for you. You must have bought at 20k.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mcy56:

Lol. cheesy Good for you. You must have bought at 20k.

When the bears fully take control,those who get liver go make money for ugly stocks like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3732) (3733) (3734) (3735) (3736) (3737) (3738) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cation(m), Hedgefunds, 222Martins(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.