Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10906988 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (7759) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
daemperor1:
Morgan Capital Securities Ltd
Skye Bank
I made a deposit yesterday morning and was able to sight the money in my trading account same morning.

myjoy08:

I think Morgan Capital use Skye Bank and Zenith Bank. Call them the moment you paid the money into their account and your account will be credited as soon as it is confirmed. Very simple!

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
kotlass:

Wow! You've got to be careful with that. grin grin grin

Yeeeh!!!! grin grin grin grin Firefox i mean, don't mind my typo cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amisec:

Making deposit and on-line transfer, which should reflect quickly?

I think is on-line transfer.
Why should I be carrying money about when I can do an on-line transfer, without hassles.

Online transfer is better. If you are transferring from a different bank, ensure to do the transfer before 12pm and follow up with an email (copy at least two of their staffs). This was what I did and my account was credited same day. Remember to write your full names as Remark or transfer description.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daemperor1(m): 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
Sales made during the trading hours wont be credited till after close of business. They did previously but apparently no longer do this angry. Meristem still do though.

Hello sir, any clue as to what's happening to Access bank shares?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Amisec: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
Call 08066397836, identify yourself and indicate which bank you paid into.

Thank you, you have done great, for the issue has been resolved. I was thinking its all automated didn't know I have to follow up with calls.

For those who use morgan, how do I transfer funds from my acct? I can't find any button for this purpose on the webpage.

Thank you all for answering my post.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
Sales made during the trading hours wont be credited till after close of business. They did previously but apparently no longer do this angry. Meristem still do though.

I also noticed that my account balance is not usually updated until after trading hours
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
kotlass:

Wow! You've got to be careful with that. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
Elai147:

I also noticed that my account balance is not usually updated until after trading hours
They claim reconciliation issues are the cause of this sudden change in policy. Previously uptill last week they remitted funds within a few hours of trade execution. I would think for a company who charge so little they will want to have as many trades executed by their clients in any one day. Will be good if they can bring this back. Been a while we heard from their handle here though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
nitrogen: grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amisec: For those who use morgan, how do I transfer funds from my acct? I can't find any button for this purpose on the webpage.
Email your account officer. I think though they will only remit funds to your account on file with them, and they charge for instant transfers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
daemperor1: Hello sir, any clue as to what's happening to Access bank shares?
It could just be market forces with a general apathy of investors for the stock.
It could also be a deliberate dumping, to induce panic selling and mopping up of shares. Remember there are 2 things coming soon for this company i.e interim dividend and the rights issue. I think I have documented some hanky panky which has been occurring to this stock in the last few weeks. I think it is hanky panky grin But then, what do I know. As always not a hold, buy or sell recommendation.
Full disclosure: I hold positions in Access
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ess: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2014
"What is the Oando/ConocoPhillips transaction anyway? For those who do not know this is a private sale of the assets of ConocoPhillips to Oando. It was not patronage of any kind from the Federal government. The Federal government’s involvement was merely to formally consent to the sale. I was not involved and I have never been involved in any of Oando’s transactions.
Typically he plays on the fact that Wale Tinubu of Oando is my nephew. Oando has been thoroughly investigated by South African and British authorities in the past 5 years as part of the process of listing the company on the stock exchanges of those countries. Those rigorous and comprehensive investigations conducted by the governments and risk control investigators are to discover the actual ownership of shares in the company. Politically exposed persons like myself are prime targets for those investigations. All these investigations have shown that I have no investments in Oando. My public position on the entire transaction is that if an indigenous Nigerian oil and gas entity run by young serious minded Nigerians raise money transparently in the international capital markets to purchase private assets of a multi-national the Federal government ought to give its consent. That it took so long is shameful. The Conoco/Phillips transaction was a $1.7 billion dollars investment in Nigeria that would create more jobs,witness the establishment of allied industries and make the Nigerian Economy more attractive. I would have been extremely proud to have made such a transaction possible."

Senator Bola A. Tinubu

Na copy and paste things, no link and too lazy to search for it, so manage. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
Email your account officer. I think though they will only remit funds to your account on file with them, and they charge for instant transfers.

I hate hard life sha! Why do I need to send followup emails, make phone calls to have my account updated when I make payments? I should be able to do an online transfer,say 9pm sef and have it available for trading before the market opens the next day. Also, when I need cash,the process should be seemless too. Quality service is what I won't give up for anything. Make I just enjoy the itrade and extra-low commission small. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daemperor1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
It could just be market forces with a general apathy of investors for the stock.
It could also be a deliberate dumping, to induce panic selling and mopping up of shares. Remember there are 2 things coming soon for this company i.e interim dividend and the rights issue. I think I have documented some hanky panky which has been occurring to this stock in the last few weeks. I think it is hanky panky grin But then, what do I know.
Full disclosure, I hold positions in Access

Thanks for the insight. As a beginner, i need all the info i can get to enable me make a conclusion.

Disclosure: I dey eye the stock badderly.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daemperor1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
kotlass:

I hate hard life sha! Why do I need to send followup emails, make phone calls to have my account updated when I make payments? I should be able to do an online transfer,say 9pm sef and have it available for trading before the market opens the next day. Also, when I need cash,the process should be seemless too. Quality service is what I won't give up for anything. Make I just enjoy the itrade and extra-low commission small. grin

Have some patience with them, Rome took many years to build.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
daemperor1:

Have some patience with them, Rome took many years to build.

Okies wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
daemperor1:

Thanks for the insight. As a beginner, i need all the info i can get to enable me make a conclusion.

Disclosure: I dey eye the stock badderly.
Sir, I am also a beginner and I am not sure I provided much insight. Lets hope a few of the more versatile minds on here will chip in also. The NSE is a good place to make money at least more than my cash ISA which was 1.50% aer cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by daemperor1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
passwelle:
Sir, I am also a beginner and I am not sure I provided much insight. Lets hope a few of the more versatile minds on here will chip in also. The NSE is a good place to make money at least more than my cash ISA which was 1.50% aer cry

Ok sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Amisec: For those who use morgan, how do I transfer funds from my acct? I can't find any button for this purpose on the webpage.

Choi... I have never thought of this. This Morgan capital shaaaa. Why would there not be a transfer button. Why making life so difficult for your client? Even common football betting site self get transfer button. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Elai147:

Choi... I have never thought of this. This Morgan capital shaaaa. Why would there not be a transfer button. Why making life so difficult for your client? Even common football betting site self get transfer button. Smh
Football betting, is there money to be made there? grin

Getting a TRANSFER button or paygate has its own risks. SECURITY is highly involved cos money is moving.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
You guys should take it easy with Morgan capital, if you are not satisfied with their service, you can as well do business with other stockbrokers. We want a seamless service but we can all get it all the time because of our environment. Issue can be from Morgan, bank, interswitch or networks generally.

As somebody mentioned b4, whenever you transfer fuund online,make deposit in the bank or want to withdraw from your account, follow up with a phone call/mail them if the fund is not showing in ur account within the hour, that's not too hard a task. This is what i do everytime i make such transaction.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
mercylicious:
Getting a TRANSFER button or paygate has its own risks. SECURITY is highly involved cos money is moving.
You are so on point
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Elai147:

If u intend 2 withdraw funds, jst send a mail 2 dem and copy d ceo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
cool ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
2day- wz bloody. tot da bull wz bak
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Seems Transcorp is showing some signs of weakness. Dnt ask me y.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
Please mo help me people,the username which is numeric and the password which is alphanumeric given to me log in didnt went through for me.I dont know why?please morgan clients help me out pls cos this is frustrating.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
@yem0350Please mo help me people,the username which is numeric and the password which is alphanumeric given to me log in didnt went through for me.I dont know why?please fellow morgan itrade users help me out pls cos this is frustrating.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
immanuello: @yem0350Please mo help me people,the username which is numeric and the password which is alphanumeric given to me log in didnt went through for me.I dont know why?please fellow morgan itrade users help me out pls cos this is frustrating.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please o, help him ooooo, owo ti fe jona o.......

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
stokfrick: 2day- wz bloody. tot da bull wz bak

we warned that it was a Dead cat bouncing... kiss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
mercylicious:

It doesn't carry any risk because the transfer still has to be approved and processed by the brokerage firm. Meristem has transfer button.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (7759) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbengafaro1986, floydmayweather, talktofemi and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.