Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,372 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898333 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mindtricks: 1:03am On Sep 24, 2014
Omo, e done tey, una doo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 5:13am On Sep 24, 2014
mercylicious:
Hahahah.
Some patient dogs dey die of hunger cos dem no dey see food chop. The right tin na to check d quantity of food wey dey , use sense check wether e go do d dogs available remain.

@chillykelly, e be like say I go need ur 1gb data. I wonder how peeps dt use android cope. I just bought d tab and d way d tin dey consume glo data no be small tin. I've switched back to my bb, d tab will be used strictly for trading. I've downloaded mozilla firefox 31 and it connected to itrade, I will check it again during trading hours to be sure it updates data from nse. Will keep my bnsitl posted.

Nb- I used glo bounce on d tab , I don recharge sotey e remain make I drop my wristwatch.

@mercylicious, I still dey wait oo, as patient dog wey I be. With my 1gb, you can close your eyes and enjoy your new android. wink

In between, I really think a bet on Oando some months back, despite the opacity of their deals, wasn't bad afterall.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Sir Aks why you dey vex? What i write is my personal opinion . You do not have to read it . I am not a professor or a preacher . I would rather somebody shows me the negatives on the stock I am buying rather than telling me you cannot go wrong with that stock. Wetin concern me? Go buy you Oando . Its your money . Next time you respond it will good to add a caveat that you own oando and so you maybe biased .
Take am easy and buy more Oando . Na my computer, bandwidth and my idea for internet forum i take dey write. I am happy you cant take that away from me. No need to get unnecessarily emotional.

GBAM!!!!

1 more GBOSA to the 10 I gave you earlier!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 7:38am On Sep 24, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Bros there is a linear relationship between ROE and PBV. I used to be glued on PE sometimes ago, no wonder some stocks will trade at almost the same PE forever. To determine that a stock is undervalued, one needs to see where the stock's data lies on the smoothed curve of PBV versus ROE (please dexter help). For example, if PBV is on the y-axis and ROE is on the x-axis, any stock that falls below the smoothed line is likely undervalued. One may need to do a research on the possible value of the gradient; perhaps this would likely differ from sector to sector. I think I have seen a similar graph in one proshare's document.

So, if a stock is trading at PBV of 0.5 and a PE of 4 and the ROE is 8 and you think it is cheap? Bros it is just rightly valued! But if a stock trades at PBV of 1.0 and the audited ROE is 25, bros you won't get this kind of bargain anywhere in the market! Please if u do abeg just let me know. That is why a stock with a high ROE will always be more expensive. For example, Stanbic's PE is already taking over from GTB because the ROE has moved higher than that of GTB, the same reason GTB traded a higher PE than its peer all along, the same reason it appears FBNH is getting cheaper by the day because of its depreciating ROE.

Back to Afriprud; ROE here is around 25 (I'm projecting it to year end 30 as it appears from history their earnings increase towards year end), PBV is currently around 1.5. Now for an ROE of 25 in the global market, PBV should be around 3.0 and above. Now you can see it is cheap to me. Then the dividend payout ratio appears to be high. Finally, strong growth!

My oga, you've done some really good work in this space. Honestly.

I hope I don't mess up your explanation with any complications.

A regression plot of PBV against ROE would establish that both financial ratios are positively correlated for a growing company. This means that both metrics move together in the same direction for this company. But as usual, correlation is not causation, so keep in mind that one metric does not 'cause' the other.

So generally, a bargain (or monkey) hunter would be looking for an out-of-sync situation between the two metrics, especially when it's a mismatched case of HIGH ROE and LOW PBV (an undervalued situation). The high ROE means that based on the net assets or shareholders equity of the company, the management is churning out high returns which will add to the existing pool of the owners' equity (discounting any dividend payments), growing the capital base of the company organically. The low PBV guages the market's response to the book value per share of the company but ends up pricing the company below its liquidation value. AFRIPRUD falls into this first mismatch class.

The opposite mismatch would signal an overvalued situation, which as we know can even become more overvalued due to the sticky behavior of market participants.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Bros there is a linear relationship between ROE and PBV. I used to be glued on PE sometimes ago, no wonder some stocks will trade at almost the same PE forever. To determine that a stock is undervalued, one needs to see where the stock's data lies on the smoothed curve of PBV versus ROE (please dexter help). For example, if PBV is on the y-axis and ROE is on the x-axis, any stock that falls below the smoothed line is likely undervalued. One may need to do a research on the possible value of the gradient; perhaps this would likely differ from sector to sector. I think I have seen a similar graph in one proshare's document.

So, if a stock is trading at PBV of 0.5 and a PE of 4 and the ROE is 8 and you think it is cheap? Bros it is just rightly valued! But if a stock trades at PBV of 1.0 and the audited ROE is 25, bros you won't get this kind of bargain anywhere in the market! Please if u do abeg just let me know. That is why a stock with a high ROE will always be more expensive. For example, Stanbic's PE is already taking over from GTB because the ROE has moved higher than that of GTB, the same reason GTB traded a higher PE than its peer all along, the same reason it appears FBNH is getting cheaper by the day because of its depreciating ROE.

Back to Afriprud; ROE here is around 25 (I'm projecting it to year end 30 as it appears from history their earnings increase towards year end), PBV is currently around 1.5. Now for an ROE of 25 in the global market, PBV should be around 3.0 and above. Now you can see it is cheap to me. Then the dividend payout ratio appears to be high. Finally, strong growth!

Bros, thanks for the great insight. I think I need to digest this more... you don touch something within. Bravo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmmmm
Oando PLC Announces FYE 2013 Results, Posts N1.4bn Profit-After-Tax

Oando PLC Announces H1 2014 Results, Posts N8.9bn Profit-After-Tax

Oando PLC Announces Q1 2014 Results, Posts N2.7bn Loss-After-Tax
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2014
Shine1177: I like this line. Kudos! #DefeatingConspiracies
No conspiracy anywhere. People make money on the bourse, and it is always from other people. As this is a public fora, with people of different backgrounds who may read "you cant go wrong" and act on it, folks are just pointing out salient observations on the stock and its results e.g why is there no EPS in any of the 2014 results? Yet we have an interim declared. Who here knows the OS of Oxygen for a fact? Folks here compare it with FO and Seplat and expect a similar meteoric rise, well FO has a little over 1b OS and Seplat has 500m plus OS. Go figure. We are here to help ourselves. Ask the folks who didnt take heed to Feelamong's warning late Aug on Transcorp's dead cat bounce, or the Cocoa lovers who just got served.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2014
Yem0350: Hmmmmm
Oando PLC Announces FYE 2013 Results, Posts N1.4bn Profit-After-Tax

Oando PLC Announces H1 2014 Results, Posts N8.9bn Profit-After-Tax

Oando PLC Announces Q1 2014 Results, Posts N2.7bn Loss-After-Tax

Did you read previous pages?? Abi you wan start your own analysis? Lol

Bro, help with a contact at Morgan. I need to speak with someone reliable. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Anyone here in the NASCON bus pre closure? Can you confirm receipt of fy 13 dividend? Read something about non receipt of full dividends by the registrars on smn.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:22am On Sep 24, 2014
For all those who have been asking for the next hot stock pick, the APR team above have just shown us how to arrive at this in an ideal world for stocks on the bourse. @Agbalowomeri, @dexterax et. al. may your portfolios be green.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2014
passwelle: Anyone here in the NASCON bus pre closure? Can you confirm receipt of fy 13 dividends? Read something about non receipt of full dividends by the registrars on smn.

Bruv I saw the same post by Chudinho. I want to believe there's a normal problem somewhere. I think this same anomaly happened with FBN Holdings earlier this year and was duly settled.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2014
Charlesnerd: But meanwhile,why all the energy dissipated on oando?

There must be something about the company,either for good or bad. Whenever Oando matter comes up for hearing on this thread,the no of pages increases geometrically,everyone gets fired up and you suddenly get to have a full house - even the no of guest viewers increases.

Biko someone should suggest a new hot stock, so that people who couldn't buy oando at N10 can see something to hang on to...lol.

Not bullish on the banks but I think Diamond looks good not hot though.
@APR team; what do you think about Diamond?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:28am On Sep 24, 2014
Lol @ APR Team...

It's the final hunting season of the year my oga.

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Dexterax: Bruv I saw the same post by Chudinho. I want to believe there's a normal problem somewhere. I think this same anomaly happened with FBN Holdings earlier this year and was duly settled.
Cool. I just didnt want to be surprised again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 8:34am On Sep 24, 2014
kotlass:

Diamond is a rough gem.

I have some pending orders with my broker to buy at N6 and N5.8 if it ever gets there.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2014
passwelle:
Cool. I just didnt want to be surprised again.

Be on the alert though. Just in case Baba D has decided that his current level of cowboyism won't be sufficient to keep him in the Forbes' Richest 25.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2014
Dexterax: Be on the alert though. Just in case Baba D has decided that his current level of cowboyism won't be sufficient to keep him in the Forbes' Richest 25.
hahaha, no be by the tashere 2.6b OS of Nascon, when Dangcem dey gidigba but I see your point sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:52am On Sep 24, 2014
kotlass:

Lol!

How consistent is their data? Here comes 'believability' Me I no wan base my hope on Q3 ROE of 30% only for the audited ROE to turn 15% and on top that 3% dividend, that is if dem give at all. NEM readily comes to mind!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Dexterax]A very very kind friend just drew my eyes to a company who made 23k EPS but has just declared that it will pay 30k dividend for FY 2013.

Calling forth things that are not as though they were...

#Faith investing .
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:37am On Sep 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2014
passwelle: Cocoa in the park wink
www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/7476_FTN_COCOA_HALF-YEAR_JUNE_2014_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_SEPTEMBER_2014.pdf

Chai monkey hunters, una see una handy work?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2014
kotlass:

Did you read previous pages?? Abi you wan start your own analysis? Lol

Bro, help with a contact at Morgan. I need to speak with someone reliable. Thanks.
I was only trying to look critically @ Q1 and H1
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Lol!

How consistent is their data? Here comes 'believability' Me I no wan base my hope on Q3 ROE of 30% only for the audited ROE to turn 15% and on top that 3% dividend, that is if dem give at all. NEM readily comes to mind!

It's difficult to relegate fundamental analysis to the background when analyzing Nigerian banks. Very difficult. Consider that you can do this with a phoney company like Costain.

With all the changes going on in Diamond Bank now, from Alex Otti's political attempts to the Actis-stake sale to Kunoch Holdings (Pascal Dozie is a soft cowboy, no doubt), I'd want the haze to reduce a little before starting a position in the stock.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dragonking: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2014
Oxygen petrol don finish now now angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2014
Dragonking: Oxygen petrol don finish now now angry angry angry

Back to base! Oxygen doing FO since the year of our Lord
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2014

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 10:46am On Sep 24, 2014

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2014

Dem dey warm the engine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2014
Where is that man who was asking us about PremBrew? Pls can someone tell him they have plenty of it on offer now? grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tjohn1(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2014
mpi210:

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigass(f): 11:07am On Sep 24, 2014
who is the registrar of Oando....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2014
bigass: who is the registrar of Oando....

First Registrars

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: crownprince2017, Pete002, Disembark, edwardaigb, DonDiego(m), Mills55, ZikkyChops(m), ositadima1(m), Zagee, Adinije(f), adamx23(m), ehay(f) and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.