Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10899483 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
UkwuAmu: The day anybody can quantify how to calculate investor's sentiment, the person might just become the biggest new hit in the stock Market . Oando has come out with the result finally and the forum is alive. I can see a lot of flip flopping and everybody is quick to interpret the result depending on what side the person is .
The truth of the matter is a lot of people do not know what they are getting their hands into . Upstream investing is very different from downstream. There is no short term in Upstream , its capital intensive, short term in upstream is like 10 years . I would like people in this forum to educate themselves on this so that they fully appreciate what they are getting into. For you to succeed in upstream, you must have Good management, Good corporate governance, transparency, accountability and above all meticulous planning . One major incident can take the company to the cleaners ( does anybody remember the BP Spillage of the gulf of mexico? ) The company lost close to 100 Billions dollars YES 100 Billion.
Now Oando is venturing into upstream, they need a lot of cash from what we can see from the financial statement yet they are giving away cash in form of dividends. We also hear they might also do a right sales to raise capital . Is everything going okay here? I have heard a lot of people here saying owners of the company are doing their best to crash the price so that they can mop up. Would not paying dividends be the best way to crash the price . If you are sure of what you are doing, all you need do is to assure shareholders that you are at transitioning phase and some projects going forward will require a lot of capital. Tell them you wont be able to pay dividends now but in like 3 years from now, you will take the company to a new level .
What we are seeing is a company who is more interested in the price of the stock rather than the plan for the company by trying to buy investor's favour by paying dividend from money that they need and in turn will get the money back from the rights sales .
From experience, any company that is more interested in the price of the stock rather than a good plan for the company has no interest of the shareholders .
Like I mentioned earlier there are certain qualities that are required from companies going into upstream. I think Oando management has got everything figured out . If things do not go the way they plan, there will be only one loser -The Shareholders
I will be watching this company with very keen interest and the Nigerian in me really wish they do well . Am I confident ? Not the antecedent they have shown . A Leopard does not change its skin overnight . Will people make money ? Yes if you are insider and knows what is going on . Should I invest in oando or not - my answer - SIDDON LOOK. if you hammer i celebrate with you at Mama Ejiro
There are a lot of other companies out there that you do not have to be waking up 10 times at night to see if there is any update on Oando.
People can keep deceiving themselves to think they have a strong mind by saying investing in Oando is not for the faint-hearted . I wonder how many of those invested in Oando do not get palpitations from time to time with their oando investment . The new one being cooked now is their third quarter result which will reflect he COP will blow out the exchange. We dey watch. Good luck to all

Come, you must be Oracle from SMN.... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210:

Oando can't be looking for money to develop the assets they bought from COP and be paying dividends. The journey they just embarked on is CAPITAL INTENSIVE and we're talking MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Pure common sense.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Now Oando is venturing into upstream, they need a lot of cash from what we can see from the financial statement yet they are giving away cash in form of dividends. We also hear they might also do a right sales to raise capital . Is everything going okay here?

Bros, them don borrow that rights money since July. What they want to do now is to get the money and repay the lenders(that is what they are telling the lenders for now). It is actually a convertible debt they issued.

I think they'll take the rights money and use it to meet other needs and leave those guys with no option but to convert. By the time all this transactions settle eh, OS in issue go near 20billion.

Last bullet: no one will be talking down a coy without reason. Forget emotion and ur bias and add 2 to 2 and see if you can get 22. Indirect interest is over 500million units and he is here spewing all this against himself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

A couple of days ago, I mentioned something about the "dudes at BusinessDay" on SMN which was wittingly re-echoed here.

You know, it's bad enough that you report complete bullshiiit about what's going down in the financial markets, then you decide to also charge for the bullshiiit?

Like seriously?

Anyone who swallows hook, line and sinker everything our so called journalists dish out daily will himself to blame. Most of those guys sit behind their laptops and dish out trash.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1:

Bros, them don borrow that rights money since July. What they want to do now is to get the money and repay the lenders(that is what they are telling the lenders for now). It is actually a convertible debt they issued.

I think they'll take the rights money and use it to meet other needs and leave those guys with no option but to convert. By the time all this transactions settle eh, OS in issue go near 20billion.

Last bullet: no one will be talking down a coy without reason. Forget emotion and ur bias and add 2 to 2 and see if you can get 22. Indirect interest is over 500million and he is here spewing all this against himself.

Once a debt has been qualified as "convertible", more than 6 times out of 10, you can be sure that option will be exercised.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

Once a debt has been qualified as "convertible", more than 6 times out of 10, you can be sure that option will be exercised.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax: A couple of days ago, I mentioned something about the "dudes at BusinessDay" on SMN which was wittingly re-echoed here. You know, it's bad enough that you report complete bullshiiit about what's going down in the financial markets, then you decide to also charge for the bullshiiit?
Kola and co grin.
http://thecitizenng.com/other-news/aiteo-group-refutes-bid-for-oando-downstream-assets/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Those Proshare dudes, wonder when they want us to start buying Afriprud grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Why have they left this place for just Oga Dex, Mpi and Omaojo ? where dem? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
passwelle: Those Proshare dudes, wonder when they want us to start buying Afriprud grin

Like you know bruv, a couple of days ago, they printed nonsense saying the bears dominate the stock, therefore "stay away from the stock", they warned. That was probably based on technical bullshiiit.

Expect them to come out with some fundamental bullish crap after they've loaded up between NGN 3.10 and NGN 3.25 due to the unfortunate obedience of the masses.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
the problem i have with most peeps in ds foum is that if they r not in a particular hot bus and others r, they must find a way to water it down. that is how it happened in FO and today they r licking their wounds for not boardind dat bus. that is how dey analyse heaven and earth on smn, then if them analyse finish d market go do him mind. then them go begin dey reanalyse again from under!
i want u to always rember that dis is NSE and that most of the times, d realities in d market becomes no respecter of our views here. so chilax!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
stokfrick: the problem i have with most peeps in ds foum is that if thhey r not in a particular hot bus and others r, they must find a way to water it down.
I take it Oando is the bus? hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
stokfrick: the problem i have with most peeps in ds foum is that if they r not in a particular hot bus and others r, they must find a way to water it down. that is how it happened in FO and today they r licking their wounds for not boardind dat bus. that is how dey analyse heaven and earth on smn, then if them analyse finish d market go do him mind. then them go begin dey reanalyse again from under!
i want u to always rember that dis is NSE and that most of the times, d realities in d market becomes no respecter of our views here. so chilax!
omaojo1:
Last bullet: no one will be talking down a coy without reason. Forget emotion and ur bias and add 2 to 2 and see if you can get 22. Indirect interest is over 500million units and he is here spewing all this against himself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
passwelle:
I take it Oando is the bus? hahaha grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Access bank rights issue price is NGN8.90 per share. Will be surprised if the stock price doesn't drop below that the week the suspension is lifted.
Oh, and the rights issue wont be underwritten.
http://www.proshareng.com/news/24477.html
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
passwelle: Access bank rights issue price is NGN8.90 per share. Will be surprised if the stock price doesn't drop below that the week the suspension is lifted.
Oh, and the rights issue wont be underwritten.
http://www.proshareng.com/news/24477.html

Hehehe...no comment biko.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
If it does drop, the AI G boys will revert to keeping it up at least till the rights issue closes grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
stokfrick: the problem i have with most peeps in ds foum is that if they r not in a particular hot bus and others r, they must find a way to water it down. that is how it happened in FO and today they r licking their wounds for not boardind dat bus. that is how dey analyse heaven and earth on smn, then if them analyse finish d market go do him mind. then them go begin dey reanalyse again from under!

Dude mehn. How can I lick a non-existent wound please?

If I never owned a hypothetical asset but you and your friends decide to bid up the price (with you buying high) and your friends dump the shiitbag on you, who'd really be wounded?

Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stokfrick: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

Dude mehn. How can I lick a non-existent wound please?

If I never owned a hypothetical asset but you and your friends decide to bid up the price (with you buying high) and your friends dump the shiitbag on you, who'd really be wounded?

Smh.

dude- only those who feel guilty of my post will take it personal

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1:

If Alibaba cannot become a Microsoft or Wal-Mart, I will regret it for the rest of my life - Jack Ma

The ticker name on the NYSE is 'BABA', this is history in the making.

Alibaba's IPO became the biggest ever at $25 billion, after the compay’s bankers exercised an option to boost the deal size by 15 percent.

“Expectations for this company are sky high.”

“The market seems to be using Alibaba as a proxy for the macroeconomy and consumer economy.”

Today the financial market is not good, but the money is there - Jack Ma.

Alibaba’s underwriters earned $300 million in fees, taking home 1.2 percent of the proceeds, according to a filing today. Credit Suisse Group AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Morgan Stanley each earned 15.7 percent of the fees, while Citigroup Inc.’s share represented 7.9 percent, the filing shows. Alibaba’s 28 other underwriters received 1 percent or less apiece.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2014

I agree with u cos the market has a mind of its own and even in some cases does not consider the fundamentals of a company. I could remember so many brokers were discouraging people from buying forte oil but today it is among the best in terms of capital appreciation. The stock market is an unpredictable market. Who knows, it could even be the turn of the banks after the elections to enjoy capital appreciation. A favourable policy might just come up, nobody knows what will happen. Change is the only constant thing in life. Moreover, the banks won't be down forever.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Funny article if ever there was one ....
On the basis of facebook likes and some other criteria Proshare, BusinessDay and BudgIT are the clear leaders in Financial Information Services
http://www.proshareng.com/news/24430
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Oga passwelle....so ur people for Access bank don release the Rights issue talk o!

Rights issue at N8.90k I dey wish una well!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
stokfrick:

dude- only those who feel guilty of my post will take it personal

I agree. And what will be their punishment?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
watching in 3D.
pros n cons r welcome.

@acces rights. No wonder they wanted a full suspension. D right price is high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210:

Come, you must be Oracle from SMN.... grin grin grin
b4 nko? na only oracle fit get dt kain username.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
I did not want to join the oando conversation as I am not a shareholder,but its quite obvious that many people who are loaded with Oando do not understand what the COP deal means for "their" company.

People say Oando needs money and time to develop their assets?? Yes,they need money ,but they dont need time. Oando did not buy a virgin oil well/block ,it only purchased 20% of ConocoPhilips shareholding in the NNPC/NAOC/COP joint venture.This JV has assets (OMLs,OPLs and undeveloped acreages) which are already producing like the Kwale gas plant in Delta,OB-OB gas plant in Omoku (this plant has a long term commitment with Indorama to the tune of $2B to supply gas to their petrochemical plant in Rivers state and also feeds gas to the Bonny LNG trains) and a host of others. Oando is not the operator of this JV ,Eni operates the JV through their Nigerian registered subsidiary ,NAOC. The only commitment Oando has to this JV is to provide money for cash calls. The cash provided has to be in the percentage of NNPC (60%),Oando (20%),NAOC (20%).Now the cash call is where the problem lies,and I trust Oando as a Nigerian company to avoid the pitfalls that led COP to sell their 20% shareholding,even though they (COP) have recouped their initial investment.

I know Oando overpaid for the COP asset,but they got a quality asset in return and their long term goal is to buy off the remaining 20% shareholding from the operator, NAOC. Despite overpaying for the asset,Oando did a thorough due diligence as they had a long standing relationship with this JV.Oando,hitherto, had an indepth knowledge of the operations of the company - its subsidiary OES has some rigs working for this JV even before the COP deal was muted,they have also developed a deep offshore well with Eni which was not profitable and they later sold.

To operate this newly acquired asset,the only requirement from Oando is to provide money for the cash calls and collect their oil/cash depending on what the PSC of the JV says.

Putting these into perspective,I have just two worries for Oando, one is the management and the second one is the management.

I have to stop here for now cos I can write a book on Oando.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
feelamong: Oga passwelle....so ur people for Access bank don release the Rights issue talk o!
Rights issue at N8.90k I dey wish una well!!

Me ke, I dont have a single unit of Access to my name ooo. I want to see how they keep the price of the stock above 8.90 once the technical suspension is lifted. Getting ready for JIJO if they engage enough market making tactics.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Appears ubcap has bottomed out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dis Oando self, anytime somtin new happens to it, dis forum always com with different posts and d pages move faster. Chai, Oando, I hail u oh. Save journey to ur new destination, wich nobody knws except Baba God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have big issues with some contributors on this thread especially those with no single kobo in Oando Stock but keep on writing epistle upon epistle and -ve sentiment towards the stock. A bit of Sensible arguments BUT upon the whole, WHY CRY MORE THAN THE BEREAVED (Is it your money?). @ a time, the issue is Oando will never release any result, Later WT promised to release @ a date but reneged on his promise (Debates all over that resulted in calling him names), @ Last, a result was released with a dividend and interim dividend proposed, there is still lots of argument as to why the stock is not worth investing in.

There are diverse interpretaion on the FS released depending on the side you are, use the info therein to make investment decision if you like, if not, move on and invest in other stock and not just join the bandwagon of writing epistles (SOme think it's a form of educating peeps on the thread) that are needless cos majority that invested already are aware of issues (RISK) on ground i.e. MGT, Lack of risk mgt practices, funding issues and the likes.

Stock trading is not totally based on fundamentals alone, there are lot of other considerations as well when making investment decision. I may stick to Oando today and drop it tomorrow based on dynamics and info available to me as an investor (Decision is mine and will never be based on your thesis)

@ Charlesnerd - thanks for the post.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
An epistle complaining about epistles.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Buzochi, Kwibaba(m), DeRuggedProf, ojesymsym, SetrakusRa(m), ositadima1(m), lancee(m), egojeny1(f), lekan0741(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.