Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901052 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
kotlass: I have learnt to QUIET THE NOISE (in Richard Quest's voice). Some people's sentiments will make you miss opportunities or lose a fortune. Examine the numbers and make sense from it yourself. I just love the man I have become. tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210: The qualification date of the interim dividend far no be small.

They might throw in the rights issue before that date........

Sharp guys!!
It would not make sense for WT to throw in rights issue before that day because at that price, he will not raise much money. He will push the price so much that any right issue would yeild enough fund(mind you the purpose of right issues are for fund/capital raising) I suspect WT will release the Q3 result reflecting gains from COP, immediately after the qualification date so as to sustain a rise in the share price, prior to the rights issue. Note that the released result does not contain any gain from COP.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1: Mpeace: I'm begining to understand myjoy08's believe in oando, and I now see some sense in the believe that they may post a very impressive result(whenever they decide to) and even pay dividends. I just did a personal analysis of the whole COP deal, and my conclusion is that the whole sum spent in the purchase would not reflect in the profit and loss analysis. They may only appear in the liabilities column, and almost every company on the exchange do have liabilities(large or small). For instance, the sum borrowed from several financial institutions by FO and Transcorp to finance their power sector acquisitions did not reflect as losses in their results. Although there are outstanding payments to be made on the COP deal, the proceeds of the acquired company's buisness may just be used to defray the outstanding sum while that of the rights issue would go to the settlement of liabilities to financial institutions. I also think that the delays in releasing the result and the whole hide and seek game are justa n attemt at making investors to sell in frustration, while WT and friends mop up and accumulate more shares. Just an opinion(I might be wrong).

omaojo1:

This post only shows how ignorant you are when it comes to understanding the basics of a Balance Sheet and Income Statement. Keep living in fantasy island.

Oma ya e lenu.

Mpeace: I'll just reserve my comment, as only time(and WT) will tell. It will look like magic to many.

Oga, I still stand by my earlier position irrespective of what you are shown in this market. There is always the true position and the position you outsiders are meant to see.

Where have you seen a coy with an EPS of 23kobo paying 30kobo.

Have you seen the qualification date for the 70kobo dividend? Expect the rights to come before that date.

Did you see the current liabilities (borrowing) of 188bn of Dec'13 that reduced to 175bn in June'14. What is the definition of current liabilities again pls?

I will say the same thing if I were in your shoes. But me I know the actual deal and will never be deluded.

This our market is just a joke.

Sir, i don't think there will be any right because Oando and FO are in advanced stage of negotiations concerning the selling of Downstream Sector of Oando to FO. Expect some news so soon concerning the deal and how much FO will pay in cash and equities (In FO) if everything went well. So let's see how things unfold sha...(I might be wrong...)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by paulcube: 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mpeace: It would not make sense for WT to throw in rights issue before that day because at that price, he will not raise much money. He will push the price so much that any right issue would yeild enough fund(mind you the purpose of right issues are for fund/capital raising) I suspect WT will release the Q3 result reflecting gains from COP, immediately after the qualification date so as to sustain a rise in the share price, prior to the rights issue. Note that the released result does not contain any gain from COP.

There will be no benefit as regards gain from the COP on the bottom line.. its been spent during deal.

The only thing that will be revealed in Q3 is the new size of the company going forward- Revenue potentials, balance sheet.......

just my take cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

My oga, this is also dynamic. Honestly.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Yes they bought premBREW
source plz?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

Now you're one of the sharp guys too...

grin

Bros, I never near those guys in Financial Engineering.

Better to watch from the sidelines as things unfold. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aks: @Chibuking81, @Others - why don't you talk less on Oando matter since you don't have any stake in it anymore. It'll do you some good if you tow that line smiley
I like Oando that why I talk more of Oando, because I believe that it will make us proud by next year. This year I am out, but next year I will enter back. But I will keep on talk about them for the sake of love I have for them. (remember, we are here to help one another)

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, i don't think there will be any right because Oando and FO are in advanced stage of negotiations concerning the selling of Downstream Sector of Oando to FO. Expect some news so soon concerning the deal and how much FO will pay in cash and equities (In FO) if everything went well. So let's see how things unfold sha...(I might be wrong...)

Myjoy08, FO told the stock exchange clearly that discussions on the proposed acquisition (NOTE, they never mentioned oando) is still in its infancy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Banks taking a hit ahead of Q3. Not a good sign my people. cry cry Where is UBA going na?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210:

Myjoy08, FO told the stock exchange clearly that discussions on the proposed acquisition (NOTE, they never mentioned oando) is still in its infancy

My oga, please remember that a prophet only sees future things.

In this case for instance, that which was seen by FO as being in its INFANCY has been extrapolated to an ADVANCED stage of development.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dexterax:

My oga, please remember that a prophet only sees future things.

In this case for instance, that which was seen by FO as being in its INFANCY has been extrapolated to an ADVANCED stage of development.

Some of these extrapolations dey run belle o!

People on a forum like this can make investment decision based on this and the end of the day, the deal might not go through.

What if that downstream company happens to be Eterna? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210:

Some of these extrapolations dey run belle o!

People on a forum like this can make investment decision based on this and the end of the day, the deal might not go through.

What if that downstream company happens to be Eterna? grin grin grin

My oga na u sabi oh!

Who wan hear that one?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
myjoy08:

Like you are most times for the bolded . Nothing is conclusive yet and Aiteo is in the picture right now. Aiteo is bidding for upstream assets and are favoured to get one . You must realize that you have become a kind of cult figure for some people in this forum and they take what you say as gospel truth because we are incredulously gullible people . The same reason why a prophet will see Air malaysia airline crashing but not see his building collapse . I would advise you to slow down .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
UkwuAmu:
Like you are most times for the bolded . Nothing is conclusive yet and Aiteo is in the picture right now. Aiteo is bidding for upstream assets and are favoured to get one . You must realize that you have become a kind of cult figure for some people in this forum and they take what you say as gospel truth because we are incredulously gullible people . The same reason why a prophet will see Air malaysia airline crashing but not see his building collapse . I would advise you to slow down .

You reach to hug for this wonderful post.

10 GBOSAs for you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
ayztech:

Oga your anthem don resurrect

Yes na,

Na who no like this my anthem make im show face grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
@mpi210 - but you have google by your side even if you are not privy to the info. Btw- you can check this out http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/forte-oil-aiteo-group-others-scramble-to-acquire-oandos-downstream-assets/#.VCGCQFekrxU
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
mpi210:

10 GBOSAs for you

^^Bros, na 14 years imprisonment for the bolded ooh. Make Uncle Jona no see this one. grin

@ukwuamu, i hail oh. Your boy is loyal smiley

Make una free myjoy08. It is all part of the market game.

#jokeoftheyear
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aks: @mpi210 - but you have google by your side even if you are not privy to the info. Btw- you can check this out http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/forte-oil-aiteo-group-others-scramble-to-acquire-oandos-downstream-assets/#.VCGCQFekrxU

Oga, my point was that he was stating it as if he's part of the negotiating team.

The post below explained my point better.

UkwuAmu:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1: Mpeace: I'm begining to understand myjoy08's believe in oando, and I now see some sense in the believe that they may post a very impressive result(whenever they decide to) and even pay dividends. I just did a personal analysis of the whole COP deal, and my conclusion is that the whole sum spent in the purchase would not reflect in the profit and loss analysis. They may only appear in the liabilities column, and almost every company on the exchange do have liabilities(large or small). For instance, the sum borrowed from several financial institutions by FO and Transcorp to finance their power sector acquisitions did not reflect as losses in their results. Although there are outstanding payments to be made on the COP deal, the proceeds of the acquired company's buisness may just be used to defray the outstanding sum while that of the rights issue would go to the settlement of liabilities to financial institutions. I also think that the delays in releasing the result and the whole hide and seek game are justa n attemt at making investors to sell in frustration, while WT and friends mop up and accumulate more shares. Just an opinion(I might be wrong).

omaojo1:

This post only shows how ignorant you are when it comes to understanding the basics of a Balance Sheet and Income Statement. Keep living in fantasy island.

Oma ya e lenu.

Mpeace: I'll just reserve my comment, as only time(and WT) will tell. It will look like magic to many.

Oga, I still stand by my earlier position irrespective of what you are shown in this market. There is always the true position and the position you outsiders are meant to see.

Where have you seen a coy with an EPS of 23kobo paying 30kobo.

Have you seen the qualification date for the 70kobo dividend? Expect the rights to come before that date.

Did you see the current liabilities (borrowing) of 188bn of Dec'13 that reduced to 175bn in June'14. What is the definition of current liabilities again pls?

I will say the same thing if I were in your shoes. But me I know the actual deal and will never be deluded.

This our market is just a joke.

^^Your post make sense especially the bolded. We all should learn from this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
UkwuAmu:

mpi210:

10 GBOSAs for you

The 11th GBOSA!

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ifeykay(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
passwelle:
Yet again, I am surprised grin

You need not be surprised. Is simple, company that have retained profit in the past (reserve) can dip hand into that account and pay far more than their current year's EPS. This also happens when a company has determined that going forward the company is better positioned to generate more profit than in the past (sometimes new business).
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
The day anybody can quantify how to calculate investor's sentiment, the person might just become the biggest new hit in the stock Market . Oando has come out with the result finally and the forum is alive. I can see a lot of flip flopping and everybody is quick to interpret the result depending on what side the person is .
The truth of the matter is a lot of people do not know what they are getting their hands into . Upstream investing is very different from downstream. There is no short term in Upstream , its capital intensive, short term in upstream is like 10 years . I would like people in this forum to educate themselves on this so that they fully appreciate what they are getting into. For you to succeed in upstream, you must have Good management, Good corporate governance, transparency, accountability and above all meticulous planning . One major incident can take the company to the cleaners ( does anybody remember the BP Spillage of the gulf of mexico? ) The company lost close to 100 Billions dollars YES 100 Billion.
Now Oando is venturing into upstream, they need a lot of cash from what we can see from the financial statement yet they are giving away cash in form of dividends. We also hear they might also do a right sales to raise capital . Is everything going okay here? I have heard a lot of people here saying owners of the company are doing their best to crash the price so that they can mop up. Would not paying dividends be the best way to crash the price . If you are sure of what you are doing, all you need do is to assure shareholders that you are at transitioning phase and some projects going forward will require a lot of capital. Tell them you wont be able to pay dividends now but in like 3 years from now, you will take the company to a new level .
What we are seeing is a company who is more interested in the price of the stock rather than the plan for the company by trying to buy investor's favour by paying dividend from money that they need and in turn will get the money back from the rights sales .
From experience, any company that is more interested in the price of the stock rather than a good plan for the company has no interest of the shareholders .
Like I mentioned earlier there are certain qualities that are required from companies going into upstream. I think Oando management has got everything figured out . If things do not go the way they plan, there will be only one loser -The Shareholders
I will be watching this company with very keen interest and the Nigerian in me really wish they do well . Am I confident ? Not the antecedent they have shown . A Leopard does not change its skin overnight . Will people make money ? Yes if you are insider and knows what is going on . Should I invest in oando or not - my answer - SIDDON LOOK. if you hammer i celebrate with you at Mama Ejiro
There are a lot of other companies out there that you do not have to be waking up 10 times at night to see if there is any update on Oando.
People can keep deceiving themselves to think they have a strong mind by saying investing in Oando is not for the faint-hearted . I wonder how many of those invested in Oando do not get palpitations from time to time with their oando investment . The new one being cooked now is their third quarter result which will reflect he COP will blow out the exchange. We dey watch. Good luck to all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aks: @mpi210 - but you have google by your side even if you are not privy to the info. Btw- you can check this out http://businessdayonline.com/2014/09/forte-oil-aiteo-group-others-scramble-to-acquire-oandos-downstream-assets/#.VCGCQFekrxU

Oga, all this media propaganda no go work.

Please don't fail to get today's Thisday, see page vii for aiteo's position. Amongst others, it stated that:

-The Aiteo Group did not bid nor has it indicated any interest to bid for the OandoPlc downstream assets.

-The Aiteo Group has no intent to purchase the said Oando downstream assets.

The situation as it is is that there is only one interested party and the outcome is still probabilistic for now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
@UkwuAmu, na you write all these long write up Wow.

You and immanuello should be competing for having the longest write up in this forum.

Oando wicked sha. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1:

Please don't fail to get today's Thisday, see page vii for aiteo's position. Amongst others, it stated that:

-The Aiteo Group did not bid nor has it indicated any interest to bid for the OandoPlc downstream assets.

The situation as it is is that there is only one interested party and the outcome is still probabilistic for now.

10 GBOSA for you grin grin

Once you mention Oando here....be ready for attacks and sarcasm from all sides.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by qizick: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
guys help me check out this web site how true is it www.simplejeo4x.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Born2berich: @UkwuAmu, na you write all these long write up Wow.

You and immanuello should be competing for having the longest write up in this forum.

Oando wicked sha. smiley
But I no dey use TECHNO phone . Techno phone dey stammer with write up. it must post the thing like 2 or 3 times before the post appear. my own na once

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
ifeykay:

You need not be surprised. Is simple, company that have retained profit in the past (reserve) can dip hand into that account and pay far more than their current year's EPS. This also happens when a company has determined that going forward the company is better positioned to generate more profit than in the past (sometimes new business).

Oando can't be looking for money to develop the assets they bought from COP and be paying dividends. The journey they just embarked on is CAPITAL INTENSIVE and we're talking MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
omaojo1:

A couple of days ago, I mentioned something about the "dudes at BusinessDay" on SMN which was wittingly re-echoed here.

You know, it's bad enough that you report complete bullshiiit about what's going down in the financial markets, then you decide to also charge for the bullshiiit?

Like seriously?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: eudoh940(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.