Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10946989 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
cadno:

On a second thought, these Cowboys coming out with right issues at this time are not stupid... Something might be cooking...moreover the general global economic climate might contribute, Hence my stop lose move is ...No buy anything again for now..
Very well said Sir. But remember, these Cowboys are not infallible with timing, neither are the resources at their disposal unlimited. They need a lot of money from investors. Beyond what they and their cronies can afford. If they didn't it would be private placements they would have utilised to shore up their regulatory mandated capital requirements. A good example is Access at the minute.

nb. Just playing devils advocate, I would love to see the bourse heading north asap, for everyone's sake.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
cadno:

For real...the market is crashing ....I am afraid I have lost much that selling now will not make sense...my decision is to hold on buying anything for now, what ever that is in the market remains there..
better sale them now, because it will reduce to a very low level, I lost millions of naira during 2008 crash, I bought TRANSCORP IPO at #7.50 it fall to 50 kobo, my oceanic, intercontinental, UBA, FIRST BANK rose above #40 some #50 per a unit, but all fall to below #10. Time came during that period I decided to sale, but some confused analyst keep on giving fake positive hope that kill many, I still stand ground with the look of thing, that the stocks fall are in their season one, and will reach season eight, better sale now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 8:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chibuking81:
better sale them now, because it will reduce to a very low level, I lost millions of naira during 2008 crash, I bought TRANSCORP IPO at #7.50 it fall to 50 kobo, my oceanic, intercontinental, UBA, FIRST BANK rose above #40 some #50 per a unit, but all fall to below #10. Time came during that period I decided to sale, but some confused analyst keep on giving fake positive hope that kill many, I still stand ground with the look of thing, that the stocks fall are in their season one, and will reach season eight, better sale now.
I laff in KOD's voice.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ezemarcel(m): 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chibuking81:
guy u are very correct....wise ones are selling while some are watching as their money keep melting away like ice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, don't trust me but believe me there is nothing to fear about. The major issue behind this is the fall in crude oil and it is just a temporary issue. Nothing, I said nothing to fear about. Just be buying a good fundamentals stock in tranches if the means is there. Sir, once again, there is nothing to fear about. When election is over, I will like to see another gospel of fear that will be disseminated....
Sir, please is it the fall in oil price that is temporary or the response of the stocks on the NSE to the fall in oil price that is temporary?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maslong(m): 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chibuking81:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:59pm On Oct 16, 2014
Many factors are responsible for this crash, the major one been the fear of unknown toward the out come of 2015 election, foreign investors that are usually the highest patroniser of Nigeria s stock exchange market are selling their stake, this forces the local investors to join suit, secondly; drop in oil generated revenue also involve, my question is why America is not buying our oil again?, is Nigeria still in a good relationship with America?, why America is not selling their arms to Nigeria?. All these factors that contributes has their loot in politics.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chibuking81:
Many factors are responsible for this crash, the major one been the fear of unknown toward the out come of 2015 election, foreign investors that are usually the highest patroniser of Nigeria s stock exchange market are selling their stake, this forces the local investors to join suit, secondly; drop in oil generated revenue also involve, my question is why America is not buying our oil again?, is Nigeria still in a good relationship with America?, why America is not selling their arms to Nigeria?. All these factors that contributes has their loot in politics.

Oga Sir, if everybody is selling, who is that somebody that is buying

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
This blood will soon end. It happened during d late 1st quarter and early 2nd quarter.
Some stocks will still give a dividend yield of more dan 10 percent.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
myjoy08:

myjoy08:

Sir, stock market has been a catalyst of knowing and understanding individual perspectives when it comes to how emotions run our investment believes particularly as it concerns our returns on investment. I'm not here to defend WT or Oando not releasing results but u really need to understand that it is not the way we think or assume (assumptions is not d best way to determine business or investment success...but assurance). Sir, certainty, the result will be release for sure. Well if retail or local investors are not buying Oando shares right now, certainly the institutional investors are mopping presently at a faster rate! My little advice...
I believe the answer to your question lies in a previous quote of yours from about a month ago. In the words of the Oracle "For every buyer there is a seller, and the future will prove one of them to have made a mistake."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
The cycle continues But greed won't let us. last year Sept then Oct was bloody. we had a calm Nov and slow Dec only for the stocks to start performing unprecedented stunts towards the north by 3 wk of Dec to. Jan 1st wk.

we are at it again, But this yr happens to be devastating, if u don't think So, look at UBA. Even O&O with there enticing dividend and copdeal .

Do Wat ur spirit tells you, Don't listen to any buy or sell recommendation. Your the CEO of ur portfolio.

#sell in Jan -Feb buy in sept-oct.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ifeykay(m): 12:41am On Oct 17, 2014
myjoy08:

Sir, don't trust me but believe me there is nothing to fear about. The major issue behind this is the fall in crude oil and it is just a temporary issue. Nothing, I said nothing to fear about. Just be buying a good fundamentals stock in tranches if the means is there. Sir, once again, there is nothing to fear about. When election is over, I will like to see another gospel of fear that will be disseminated....

How temporary is temporary. My brother, we are in a long haul.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 3:06am On Oct 17, 2014
Chibuking81:

What was the valuation of these companies during 2007/2008 in regards to their prices compared to what we have now? I see people comparing what is happening in the market now to what happened in 2007/2008 but to me they are completely different. we all lost money during that era and for me my loss was exaggerated because i was a newbie, now i know better. This present market phase might be a bit disadvantageous to short term traders but for the long term investor with trained eyes who is more interested in dividends,there are certainly some bargains out there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 4:08am On Oct 17, 2014
The bear is not a strange creature from strange wonderland. It is you and i. Most of the time , selliing and buying of company shares is based on optimism or pessimist, confidence or fear; because everyone wants to make money. What happens in nse at times show that the players dont base their investment drives on principles that may bolster their confidence in the viability of their investment decisions. As a result of this, total crash at times might be caused by nothing other than fear of losing money; i.e. because you saw others selling, you also want to sell. Psychological and emotional reasons. You may wish to agree that this is ignoble deviation from investing principle which caused you to invest in stocks that have good fundamentals and go to rest. In this kind of scenario, it is possible for people whom i thing has no significant stake in nse to come here to spread a delicate and well orchestrated campaign of fear, and preaching NSE crash, which may naturally have a ripple effect of negative responses from active participants in the system to eventually realise their ignoble desire. Hence i can bet that some dudes in this forum, like Chibuking88 has no significant investment in the nse and it is convenient for them to come here to spread a campaign of gloom and fear,working on our emotional and psychological susceptibility, with the intention of crashing tne system to the ground, for their selfish interests. Just because they want to start plantimg on a fresh land. Again this backdrop, i want to encourage fellow investors to remain steadfast and patient with fundamentally good stocks, as the reward is a continuous one . Always remember , the bull and the bear is a function of the actions of you and i, not an unknown screature. I wish us success. God bless you. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:03am On Oct 17, 2014
myjoy08:

those that are not informed are buying, those whom fake analyst were still confusing are buying. Punch newspaper of today 17 october 2014 stated that, " foreign investors withdraw #483bn from stock market" this is between the first eight month of this year, last month and this month are not included, meaning that they are still withdrawing, the record withdrawal of local investors like us were not included yet, now is right time for us to count our teeth using our tongue, let us not been deceived, there are time for every thing, now is right time to sale and hold on till after election, now is not the best time to buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 5:08am On Oct 17, 2014
FranklinRich:

What was the valuation of these companies during 2007/2008 in regards to their prices compared to what we have now? I see people comparing what is happening in the market now to what happened in 2007/2008 but to me they are completely different. we all lost money during that era and for me my loss was exaggerated because i was a newbie, now i know better. This present market phase might be a bit disadvantageous to short term traders but for the long term investor with trained eyes who is more interested in dividends,there are certainly some bargains out there.
there are a lot of expert, that lost million, during that period.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 5:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Chibuking81:

Is the 2015 election the cause of panic sales across global markets?. Are there facts to show that foreign portfolio investors are selling their stake on the NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 6:16am On Oct 17, 2014
Only time will tell who make d wrong decision in 'buying' and 'selling' now.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 6:55am On Oct 17, 2014
myjoy08: Sir, don't trust me but believe me there is nothing to fear about. The major issue behind this is the fall in crude oil and it is just a temporary issue. Nothing, I said nothing to fear about.
SWG1: we are at it again, But this yr happens to be devastating, if u don't think So, look at UBA. Even O&O with there enticing dividend and copdeal .
FranklinRich: I see people comparing what is happening in the market now to what happened in 2007/2008 but to me they are completely different. we all lost money during that era and for me my loss was exaggerated because i was a newbie, now i know better.
Toluway: The bear is not a strange creature from strange wonderland. It is you and i. What happens in nse at times show that the players dont base their investment drives on principles that may bolster their confidence in the viability of their investment decisions. You may wish to agree that this is ignoble deviation from investing principle which caused you to invest in stocks that have good fundamentals and go to rest. In this kind of scenario, it is possible for people whom i thing has no significant stake in nse to come here to spread a delicate and well orchestrated campaign of fear, and preaching NSE crash, which may naturally have a ripple effect of negative responses from active participants in the system to eventually realise their ignoble desire. Hence i can bet that some dudes in this forum, like Chibuking88 has no significant investment in the nse and it is convenient for them to come here to spread a campaign of gloom and fear,working on our emotional and psychological susceptibility, with the intention of crashing tne system to the ground, for their selfish interests. Just because they want to start plantimg on a fresh land.
Charlesnerd:

Is the 2015 election the cause of panic sales across global markets?. Are there facts to show that foreign portfolio investors are selling their stake on the NSE?
Yem0350:
Only time will tell who make d wrong decision in 'buying' and 'selling' now.
Apologies for selective quotation of some posts above, I didnt want to take up too much space. I admit I am presently cash rich, I sincerely want the NSE index to head north, the few stocks in my portfolio presently are all in brackets save for one. See the big picture here guys, transaction charges are c. 3.5% at the most while maximum intraday gain is 10.24%. If anyone here is holding on to any thing doing near or worse than that combined loss I doff my hat to you. All of us here on NSEMPA are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so forget the orchestrated campaign intended to crash the system to the ground grin. If we do not think so, let us all try to make a bull run on any stock on the bourse now to see.
Are present events peculiar to the NSE? The answer is NO. Whats the week to date performance of London's FTSE 100, the Cac 40 in Paris or Frankfurt's Dax? On Wednesday, the FTSE saw its heaviest one-day fall in 16 months. Whats happening with the dollar? Will Mr foreign investor likely get more dollar for his naira next week? Whats happening with oil price globally? I want the NSE to head north again. I hope it does today, but, hope is not an investment strategy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by natruetalk: 8:02am On Oct 17, 2014
passwelle:
Apologies for selective quotation of some posts above, I didnt want to take up too much space. I admit I am presently cash rich, I sincerely want the NSE index to head north, the few stocks in my portfolio presently are all in brackets save for one. See the big picture here guys, transaction charges are c. 3.5% at the most while maximum intraday gain is 10.24%. If anyone here is holding on to any thing doing near or worse than that combined loss I doff my hat to you. All of us here on NSEMPA are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so forget the orchestrated campaign intended to crash the system to the ground grin. If we do not think so, let us all try to make a bull run on any stock on the bourse now to see.
Are present events peculiar to the NSE? The answer is NO. Whats the week to date performance of London's FTSE 100, the Cac 40 in Paris or Frankfurt's Dax? On Wednesday, the FTSE saw its heaviest one-day fall in 16 months. Whats happening with the dollar? Will Mr foreign investor likely get more dollar for his naira next week? Whats happening with oil price globally? I want the NSE to head north again. I hope it does today, but, hope is not an investment strategy.

you have said my mind boss, i can tell investors here that NSEMPA have no direct or indirect impact on nse.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2014
Agbalowomeri:
Hello transcorpians? Na only una waka come market today? Chai people bad for this market o. Transcorp approaching 4.00 naira junction. Where Jamace?
Bros mi, I dey car park dey watch some somersaulting buses. Na wa o shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 17, 2014
jamace:
Bros mi, I dey car park dey watch some somersaulting buses. Na wa o shocked

Where do you guys monitor prices? In there an online data feed ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 9:51am On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:

Ah, my aunty. You come greet us here today? How the other side naa? grin
For monitoring of prices, there are many sites. Here is one: http://www.nse.com.ng/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by omaojo1: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:

Hi babes, so you de reach this side.

You can monitor prices on Bloomberg and the NSE site. You can as well open an account with Morgan to view the market live.

I am migrating to dollar till after the elections - flight to safety. How oil, DAX and Dow?

I know you contributed in pushing the Dow down on Wednesday grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 17, 2014
omaojo1:

Hi babes, so you de reach this side.

You can monitor prices on Bloomberg and the NSE site. You can as well open an account with Morgan to view the market live.

I am migrating to dollar till after the elections - flight to safety. How oil, DAX and Dow?

I know you contributed in pushing the Dow down on Wednesday grin grin grin

Hehehehehe!!! I don't blame you one bit. Morgan who? That's what I need to do sharpally o I think I am having a mid-life crisis as I am now beginning to worry about wetin i go dey chop when i reach 50 grin Dax and Dow treating a babe well, I can't complain as long as I behave myself cheesy

jamace:
Ah, my aunty. You come greet us here today? How the other side naa? grin
For monitoring of prices, there are many sites. Here is one: http://www.nse.com.ng/

Thanks, I guess it will be a stretch to ask if there are on line brokers you can open an account and trade virtually?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 10:38am On Oct 17, 2014
"dead cat bounce"??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2014
E be like sey Tony don enter market.

Captain America tinz

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2014
EOD data feed is $20000. I wonder if that is for annual subscription of if it's a one time fee.....anyone here know?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2014
Once again my brother and sister, don't sell in fear. Nothing no panic about! It is well with us all!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 2cato: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Please house at present how much is oando trading and is it on bid for i am browsing with my china phone.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2014
myjoy08:
Once again my brother and sister, don't sell in fear. Nothing no panic about! It is well with us all!

Thanks , one has to have a mind of his own
Some people said they are out of the stock till next yr and they re still looking for deals grin
Some people are discouraging others not to buy low cos they re stuck now or they have sold at loss cos of fear
Some poeple are discouraging others not to buy and they will latter go buy at low prices

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2014
naijababe:
EOD data feed is $20000. I wonder if that is for annual subscription of if it's a one time fee.....anyone here know?
Morgan Capital will provide you with a live online feed, and you can also trade. It costs only #2,500 pa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SlahJoe(m), Emndy(m), chimex38, Emumakpo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.