Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10850832 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (7742) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
passwelle:

Last price 4.18. Offer is 185k units with 183k above 4.18. 0 bid.
pls what do you see on this caverton,i mean now and in d nearest future say 6six months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
passwelle:

Last price 4.18. Offer is 185k units with 183k above 4.18. 0 bid.
pls what do you see on this caverton,i mean now and in d nearest future say 6six months.At this Price, can this stock get down to like #3.40.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
immanuello:
thanks i appreciate you all.so if payment is 17th of next month then when is closure date/date register will be closed.Thank you passwelle sir.
​20th – 24th October 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
immanuello:
pls what do you see on this caverton,i mean now and in d nearest future say 6six months.
Sir, I have never paid close attention to this stock so cant really be of help. Someone else on here may have Caverton on their charts and have an opinion on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perewesley(m): 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
Technical analysis on Transcorp predicts bullish price movement for next week!

Price formed a hammer candle stick on the daily chart, showing a possible reversal of the current bearish trend.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
FranklinRich:

What was the valuation of these companies during 2007/2008 in regards to their prices compared to what we have now? I see people comparing what is happening in the market now to what happened in 2007/2008 but to me they are completely different. we all lost money during that era and for me my loss was exaggerated because i was a newbie, now i know better. This present market phase might be a bit disadvantageous to short term traders but for the long term investor with trained eyes who is more interested in dividends,there are certainly some bargains out there.
so you de also in emma's shoes?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 10:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
myjoy08:
Once again my brother and sister, don't sell in fear. Nothing no panic about! It is well with us all!
then can we buy to average

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2014
The lower border of the y-axis of some stocks is being readjusted downwards and someone is speaking bullish reversal pattern.

Is this a joke or something else?

#wetin eyes no go see for NSEMPA

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:08am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 12:09am On Oct 18, 2014
Ceasefire Good For The Economy –
Stakeholders

http://leadership.ng/news/387385/ceasefire-good-economy-stakeholders
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 18, 2014
perewesley:
Technical analysis on Transcorp predicts bullish price movement for next week!

Price formed a hammer candle stick on the daily chart, showing a possible reversal of the current bearish trend.

Transcorp is expected to release Q3'14 result next week Tuesday, Oct 21, 2014 (according to bloomberg). It is not impossible.

Not a buy recommendation. Market might not respond.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2014
I do not see reversal soon, should in case reversal occur next week, People should be careful because it will be a great trap.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2014
Chibuking81:
I do not see reversal soon, should in case reversal occur next week, People should be careful because it will be a great trap.

Mallam u be boko haram? U never begin see positive news viz boko haram cease fire? No one can predict the market. In the face of volatility, the safe haven is to be in fundamentally sound stocks, not to be out of stocks because you cannot predict when the bull will roar. Everybody thinks the bull will resurface after general elections but the market is futuristic. As soon as there are indication of a likely winner, the market will of course start to price that in, even before the election. This boko haram cease fire, if true will rub on the market positively.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Yem0350: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2014
I dnt seems to understand this 7up of a tin. Their closing price is wat is not cleared to me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 9:59am On Oct 18, 2014
Those who know the real cause/causes of the bear in the NSE are sadly not on NSEMPA. So we are all just speculating. However, I dont think it is to do with elections or Boko Haram. It is all in the timing. If it had any relationship with terrorist activities in the North East, then why now? Why not a few weeks back when BH were summarily executing tens of people, occupying police and military facilities at will? Ask any MOPOL what Gwoza Hills means to them and they will tell you. Yet the market didnt react in such a bearish manner when BH occupied it or when the girls were taken. If its the uncertainty of elections, why now? Why not wait till Q3 results and exit when the ovation is loudest? What else is coincidental in the financial and geopolitical world now? I would say its the oil, the oil and maybe the oil.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 10:00am On Oct 18, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Mallam u be boko haram? U never begin see positive news viz boko haram cease fire? No one can predict the market. In the face of volatility, the safe haven is to be in fundamentally sound stocks, not to be out of stocks because you cannot predict when the bull will roar. Everybody thinks the bull will resurface after general elections but the market is futuristic. As soon as there are indication of a likely winner, the market will of course start to price that in, even before the election. This boko haram cease fire, if true will rub on the market positively.
Please ooo, I am not a boko haram, and will never be, I am a Nigerian and love my country, I always wishes our country the best and well. I believe in truth and reality, and will not like the economy of many struggling Nigerian to be reduce to nothing do to lack of proper information, and fake information from fake analyst who always put their selfish interest first. The truth is that Nigeria economy will sky rocket immediately after peaceful election come next year as we all pray, no body will stop it except God. Peoply BP rises when their investment are been reduce to nothing, and this usually causes death. Brothers and sisters in the lord, my fellow Nigerian, I wish us well as we invest, remember cash is king now, you can buy times 5 number of unit at appropriate time than buying now. (appropriate time will fall between December ending 2014 to middle of March 2015 next year)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

I've said it before. His mission is to spread panic alarm across investors with the aim of crashing the system in order for him to start buying at 50k. Investors, it is your responsibility to protect your interest. This is becoming a psychological warfare. We jenuine investors shall win. Victory is ours. The Bull is back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 10:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Toluway:
I've said it before. His mission is to spread panic alarm across investors with the aim of crashing the system in order for him to start buying at 50k. Investors, it is your responsibility to protect your interest. This is becoming a psychological warfare. We jenuine investors shall win. Victory is ours. The Bull is back.
Sir, this is laughable. Today is Saturday, yesterday Friday the market capitalization of listed equities on the NSE decreased to NGN12,612 trillion shedding NGN96 billion. Is the bull back? Now this thing about someone here spreading alarm with the aim of crashing the system is no longer funny. What effect do we all here on NSEMPA have on the NSE? Multiply all our positions (including guest viewers) by 10 and I can posit that its not up to what the market shed yesterday, in its 10th straight day with bears in control.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2014
No vess Passwelle, but I want the bulls back.
Panic waves will start somewhere and spread like wildfire across investors all over the world.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Moneysage: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2014
There is this guy called PW on NSEMPA. He easily passes for the highest number posts/day. But his comments are VERY incisive. In short, he has been "killing me softly" with astute erudition. Thumbs up, man! (I can almost bet you're not married, though)

PS: I guess you admitted my helplessness the other time. Bro, it's not easy to be a security man in another man's land. Can't even remember the last time I checked my portfolio...whether d thing still get blood or I hab bleed pinish grin

@Dexter: Only your highly-rated and awaited CWA stalking report can prevent this dude from displacing your seat in my mind. grin grin

Sorry NSEMPA for this monologue. It's not the usual Stock Pick Alert or the ridiculous waiting for GTB @ #0.50 junction...but who needs a stock pick alert in these "critical times hard to deal with"?

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 11:17am On Oct 18, 2014
Toluway:
No vess Passwelle, but I want the bulls back.
Panic waves will start somewhere and spread like wildfire across investors all over the world.

Bulls ke, are you retired?

Abeg make the bears continue ojare... plenty stocks never reach the level i am willing to buy yet.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
carpenter:

Bulls ke, are you retired?

Abeg make the bears continue ojare... plenty stocks never reach the level i am willing to buy yet.
You see! War between the bear mongers ant the bull mongers.
Your prayers depend on the quantum of your stake at present.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by carpenter(m): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2014
Toluway:

You see! War between the bear mongers ant the bull mongers.
Your prayers depend on the quantum of your stake at present.

no wars...just an opinion and it is not based on my stake...it is based on when I intend to cash in gradually.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2014
coolbibz:

Hello there. I really must commend you for your insightful posts here, they've been quite helpful. I'm a novice in bourse, I would really appreciate if you could answer to a few questions:

•What broker would you recommend? I'm hoping to start small, say less than a N100k. From a site you dropped, the minimum deposit to have an account with most brokers tend to be on the high side for me. Also, the idea of having to send mails to brokers for purchase or sale strikes me as a bit tedious. Aren't there easier ways to go about it?

•For starters, would you recommend I start with penny stocks (just to play it safe)?

My questions may seem a bit stupid, no vex. I be novice.

You are welcome to the fold sir.

1. You can open a brokerage account with morgancapital ltd or Meritrade with as little as N50,000. These two broking firm provides you with online investment, real time trading and market analysis via mail. You can contact morgancapital here on NL via PM to www.nairaland.com/morgancapital or to mreitrade via PM to www.nairaland.com/meritrade

2. For starters i will advise you get investments books that you can read and also invest in stocks with good fundamentals.. All these you can see for proper understanding from pages 1-10 of this thread. I also advise you follow this forum and SMN judiciously for indept market update, research and analysis.

I hope am able to answer your questions to your satisfaction.

Enjoy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ The Sage: PW sends apologies for his excessive posts, his wife and son also complain about this and are glad the time he spends at his workstation in the house are due to his love of JIJO and not MOJO wink. I dont blame him, he has too much time on his hands as he hasn't been in a 9-5 job since Nov '13. As he cant get on the dole where he is, and has to keep up with the Joneses in obudo oyinbo, his ventures back home are as diverse as to include cattle rearing and a petrol station. Be wary of his posts though and always do your DD, as he lacks any background in the financial services sector either from training or work experience as Omaojo and Dexter can attest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2014
passwelle:

Sir, this is laughable. Today is Saturday, yesterday Friday the market capitalization of listed equities on the NSE decreased to NGN12,612 trillion shedding NGN96 billion. Is the bull back? Now this thing about someone here spreading alarm with the aim of crashing the system is no longer funny. What effect do we all here on NSEMPA have on the NSE? Multiply all our positions (including guest viewers) by 10 and I can posit that its not up to what the market shed yesterday, in its 10th straight day with bears in control.

So many people here didnt witness the 2007-2008 market crash so it will be difficult to convince the lot..

My simple advise to all if you are not in for the long term, i advise you to pack your loot no matter how small and watch. This isnt funny anymore.

I wont say much because i dont want to be termed an enemy of progress or prophet of doom but i advise that you make research on the last market crash that so many analyst didnt even know what hit them.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2014
Moneysage:
The lower border of the y-axis of some stocks is being readjusted downwards and someone is speaking bullish reversal pattern.

Is this a joke or something else?

#wetin eyes no go see for NSEMPA

grin grin grin

What is the meaning of NSEMPA? I must have been on hibernation for so long to have missed this. smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Born2berich:
What is the meaning of NSEMPA? I must have been on hibernation for so long to have missed this. smiley
Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
Born2berich:

So many people here didnt witness the 2007-2008 market crash so it will be difficult to convince the lot..

My simple advise to all if you are not in for the long term, i advise you to pack your loot no matter how small and watch. This isnt funny anymore.

I wont say much because i dont want to be termed an enemy of progress or prophet of doom but i advise that you make research on the last market crash that so many analyst didnt even know what hit them.

Yes if you are not in for the long term, the best thing is to sell off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tolktob: 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2014
I just hope 4dchairman is ok wherever he is.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kokobaba: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
This bear season is actually an opportunity for only longterm investors. It is not advisable for traders or short term investors to enter now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tolktob:
I just hope 4dchairman is ok wherever he is.
I am sure he is. I saw him "viewing this topic" earlier today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (7742) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Streetinvestor2, dangle, IamR, Zagee and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.