Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10888709 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:
Vetiva is for High end customers/Institutional investors but all the same, i don't know the depth of your pocket and i can't categorically tell more of it. Google Vetiva and others to get more details.
Meritrade and Morgan Capital (Online, real time trading and negligible brokerage fee is their advantage) are very good options. I use Morgan Capital

Is meritrade fully into real time online just like Morgan? Please can someone confirm this?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ohkingdavid(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
Good day All,

Please I received a proposal from one company over seas & would love to have ideas on how to handle this opportunity.

Kindly see ascert from the company's representative that sent me the proposal.

......We are currently looking for a consultant who can help us in penetrating into the Nigerian markets. We provide solutions to the stock brokers and stock exchanges in India and we would like to enter into the Nigerian Markets . Our target customers are stock exchanges, financial institutions and stock brokers who are into Capital Markets .

We would like to know the following information.

1. Potential Customers i.e. Brokers and Traders in Nigerian Stock Markets.

2. Vendors Information i.e. Competitors’ Analysis –Similar Products which are used in the Nigerian Markets ,its features ,price and the name of the clients which are using products.

3. Marketing Strategy- Understand the customers’ Problems and Requirements and their specific needs.

4. Internet/Digital Marketing and Brand Management Strategy

We request a proposal from you on the above mentioned requirements including the cost of the services you provide.

Thanks to you if you can assist me, direct me, link/connect me to people in this trade/business, or advise me.

you can reach me on: ohkingdavid2@ gmail.com.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
mpi210:

Is meritrade fully into real time online just like Morgan? Please can someone confirm this?
Yes, fully real time, connected to the NSE FIX machine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amustsuccess(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
smiley Well said.
passwelle:

Hope is not an investment strategy Sir. Wapic will recover in the longterm. But don't tie down funds which you may need at Xmas or for Valentines day wink.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:
Seriously exposed to UBA (I dey fear fear on this stock) and Zenith (No qualms on this, i bought @ N22.69 and i know it'll climb up soon). My advice - If you have bank stocks, pls don't do panic SELL and incur LOSSES, when their result start trickling in, the tide will surely reverse irrespective of the Looming IPO. Cowboys will def shoot up the price and fix a good IPO price. E.G. If FBNH decide today aspa right issues, it can't be less than N12+

I pity those guys who sold their shares @ a loss last week, a lil patience is what is required. This greenish start on NSE is a good sign of things to come

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:
I pity those guys who sold their shares @ a loss last week, a lil patience is what is required. This greenish start on NSE is a good sign of things to come
Depends on when exactly they sold. Not sure any stock has recovered fully yet. So I rejoice with folks who successfully sold short mehn!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dexterax(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Monday is one of the most deceitful days both for 9 to 5 jobs and market activities on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

For 9 to 5 jobs, its on Mondays that peeps look so serious but really accomplish nothing. Cos 90°.

On the NSE, this is the day that monkey hunters succeed the most, especially after a bear market.

Even the highest rate of suicides happen on Mondays.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Oga Aks its still early in the week to conclude oh. I don't know what has changed from last week to bring about the new found confidence on the NSE. The market is truly irrational.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Charlesnerd:
Oga Aks its still early in the week to conclude oh. [b]I don't know what has changed from last week [/b]to bring about the new found confidence on the NSE. The market is truly irrational.

Boko haram ceasefire grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2014
how market every body ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2014
long time? pls somebody help i cant post from my 3310 phone what can be the cost and am not band ? what is the business of brothers and sisters in the LORD this days grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:

Confirmation Bias

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Charlesnerd: 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Agbalowomeri:

Boko haram ceasefire grin

Or the market could be reacting to the declaration of Nigeria as an ebola free nation grin

Wish I had a crystal ball. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Many of you guys won't understand what is @ stake, i'm very exposed to bank stocks after i pulled out of Oando and based on average gain of 5% today on the stocks in my portfolio, i just need n average gain of 3% to break even.

NB:I'm talking from my own perspective. I posted that line cos i've been in that shoe b4 - selling @ a loss only for the market to make U-turn the next day.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2014
passwelle:

Has this stock now finished its journey? grin

My oga, which stock o jare?

Meanwhile, at the end of most of my posts, there is always 'don't quote me', so why are you quoting me? wink smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mpi210: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:
Many of you guys won't understand what is @ stake, i'm very exposed to bank stocks after i pulled out of Oando and based on average gain of 5% today on the stocks in my portfolio, i just need n average gain of 3% to break even.

NB:I'm talking from my own perspective. I posted that line cos i've been in that shoe b4 - selling @ a loss only for the market to make U-turn the next day.

Hmmmmm!!! So you've belled from Oando? hehehehehehe!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
nitrogen:
My oga, which stock o jare? Meanwhile, at the end of most of my posts, there is always 'don't quote me', so why are you quoting me? wink smiley grin
The said Insurance company na. The one that started tumbling around the time Heritage finished paying for Enterprise grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by perewesley(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
Anyone here still holding Ikeja hotel?

Can't predict that stock anymore, I anticipated a head and shoulders pattern, but it didn't happen.

My advise, don't be greedy, take your 30/60 percent and exit!!!!

(just my thoughts though///I suspect that the owners of Ikeja hotels or folks with vested interest are attempting to push the price of Ikeja hotel to the 4.5 region, if you got in at 1.0 or 1.5, there's no harm in staying, if the price should fall below your comfort zone sell!!!)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 4:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
The market turns green for one day and everybody comes out from their fortress of solitude.

I wish you all a green week ahead. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nitrogen(m): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
passwelle:

The said Insurance company na. The one that started tumbling around the time Heritage finished paying for Enterprise grin
Oh! That one, well complete reversal nooni, speculations over fundamentals. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by FranklinRich: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
Aks:

Oga Aks, I understand how these things could be . I have sold at a loss too only for the stock to make a U-turn the next day,one thing i use to console myself is that there are other opportunities out there which someone can always take advantage of.

In as much as i want the market to be bullish,the current happenings in the macro-economy and political space says otherwise. I have a few banks too but i decided a while back to sell down some of them as i believe i can buy them cheaper in the next couple of months. I used part of the proceeds to add some more FBNH last week to my portfolio.

Today was an opportunity for me to convert some more of my holdings into cash which i plan to use to buy more stocks in the coming months if prices get depressed otherwise i move it into my real estate portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2014
Born2berich:

Me ke?

Na oga 9free be the chairman for the game ooh..am still a learner were he is. grin
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
Born2berich:
The market turns green for one day and everybody comes out from their fortress of solitude.

I wish you all a green week ahead. smiley

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2014
So with this, one can expect that Sterling, UBA (and FBNH) will not get the Access Bank treatment wink
http://www.punchng.com/business/capital-market/nse-postpones-new-listing-rule-date/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2014
stcool:
My portfolio holdings:

http://www.staemti.com/2014/10/sta-emti-portfolio-position-q4-2014.html

Thanks for sharing. I would rather be underweight with banking stocks though. Too much regulatory headwind and policy changes. Another CRR hike is not unthinkable owing to the prevailing economic/political conditions, pressure on the naira etc. I don't know the details or implications of the introduction of the Basel II as well but it all points to the fact that banks will have to make unpleasant changes (at least from an investor's perspective) in their financial reporting (I stand to be corrected). Not bullish on the banks but I agree that in terms of fundermentals, Diamond bank is comfortably perched at the top of the charts. smiley

#Disclosure: Diamond bank constitutes c.7.5% of my portfolio.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2014
The effect of Basel II on banks is to ensure sufficient capital Adequacy Ratio to withstand Shock incase of any eventualities in the local financial market or globally as the case may be. Most banks fell short of the min capital requirement by CBN after applying Basel II computation for their June CBN returns (15% for banks with int'l presence and 10% for local banks) which explain the reason why right issue is in vogue for most banks at the moment. Basel II also ensure banks make full disclosure via the term Market Discipline and effective Supervisory Review.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2014
^^^^^ oh k. Thanks bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amustsuccess(m): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2014
@Passwelle, going by the present market trend, which stock do you think will likely yield before Xmas?
passwelle:
So with this, one can expect that Sterling, UBA (and FBNH) will not get the Access Bank treatment wink
http://www.punchng.com/business/capital-market/nse-postpones-new-listing-rule-date/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by passwelle: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2014
I have just shed all my Oxygen. 15% in 2 days. I recently read that their are 17 different entities nested in the Oxygen molecule. I wish everyone there lykke til. You cant go wrong, watch out!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2014
passwelle:
I have just shed all my Oxygen. 15% in 2 days. I recently read that their are 17 different entities nested in the Oxygen molecule. I wish everyone there lykke til. You cant go wrong, watch out!

Issokay! JIJO!! grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.