Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10867836 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (7747) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jauntty: 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
lionshare:

Sir, kindly educate me. My lil research tells me the best time to invest is when the stocks are performing poorly!
Am still a Learner but here is my lil advice. I think U shuld first try to "understand the numbers". Things like P/E, ROE, EPS, Stock intrinsic value, BVPS..etc. The thing is , even in a bearish run, some stocks are not still worth investing in. U have to know the right ones.

Secondly u shuld determine if u wanna go long term or short term i.e JIJO (bigass told me it means Jump in Jump out)

Last bullet : Stay away from penny stocks since u just starting.

FYI : Am still learning too
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Hello Friends,

With the devaluation of the Naira, we should expect to see a downward decline of Bank's stocks.

http://www.punchng.com/business/financial-
punch/nigerian-banks-lose-24-5-of-market-
value/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
uboma:
Hello Friends,

With the devaluation of the Naira, we should expect to see a downward decline of Bank's stocks.

value/

True but banks stocks refused to fall today. Maybe they are yet to read this news. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
SOVEREIGN TRUST INSURANCE PLC. : EXTENSION OF THE OFFER PERIOD FOR THREE WEEKS

Rights Issue of 2,290,585,798 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each at 50 kobo per share, on the basis of one (1) new ordinary share for every three (3) ordinary shares

Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc. (‘STI”) has notified The Exchange that the Securities & Exchange Commission vide its letter SEC/SIS/EQT/STIP/2/15 dated 20 February 2015 approved the extension of the offer period of STI’s Rights Issue for three weeks from the initial closing date of 20 February 2015.

The Offer will now close on Friday 13 March 2015.

source: trwstockbrokers
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Born2berich:

True but banks stocks refused to fall today. Maybe they are yet to read this news. grin

Anyone still holding Banks stock is a indeed risk taker. Una get mind ooooo!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2berich: 2:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
uboma:

Anyone still holding Banks stock is a indeed risk taker. Una get mind ooooo!

Bros, where you dey since? Abi you don forget say stock market is all about getting liver and mind alongside taking several risks to make money? smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by uboma(m): 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2015
Born2berich:

Bros, where you dey since? Abi you don forget say stock market is all about getting liver and mind alongside taking several risks to make money? smiley

I've been around, following silently though. I am a risk taker but I don't and won't take blind risks.

The wise ones should sell off now except for the die-hards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by spicytayomic(m): 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
@JIJO MASTERS in the house,

Kindly share with info me on any stock I can Jijo within 10 days and with expected return of @least 10 percent

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
http://www.easykobo.com/ClientNews.aspx?id=7805

Interesting article

Brent crude up 4% today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Born2berich:

We need to understand that the news is only reporting what has happened to the banks in retrospect. The market has already reacted and the investors already know that. In fact that is the reason why prices fell in the first place. On the contrary, the share price drop has actually opened a huge door of opportunity for traders to make short term profit before the elections. Some banking stocks have already returned over 20% in the last few days. I agree for short term investors who were smart enough to buy at the lowest prices, this is a good time to sell and lock in the profits. For long term investors, this is the best time ever to keep loading! I strongly believe another opportunity to buy at lower prices will soon present itself as we approach the elections. Any bold investor willing to make cool cash should be stashing up cash now to accumulate when the opportunity presents itself.

Sometimes people think the opposite way from the market and that is the reason for the bad investment decisions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Born2berich:

Actually GTB is single handedly driving this bull. Even when it's not gaining big, it has so far refused to fall back to it's former crashed position, thereby emboldening buyers into the market.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
bigass:
Imagine a foreign investor who borrowed 1million dollars to trade,he converted it to 160million Naira. Traded in market turned his investment to 200million. Suddenly the Naira fell to 220. His investment and and profit now stands at 0.91 million dollars lower than his initial capital. He is in debt so the earlier in leaves the better. Once currency is stabilised he can then come back.
serves that imaginary monkey dealer right. He came to JIJO. Better for him to reset the loan and remain JISPed until naira recovers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
And let his people shout Sugar!

And they shouted Sugar!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Youngzedd(m): 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Born2berich:

I tell ya. The stocks are moving upward.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogadeolu: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
my people so good to read all your comments, very informative and educative enough for the humble hearted to learn here and there.....many thanks, i have been able to resolve my issues with reward investment and we are both smiling now...no wahala...looking forward to Morgan itrade, but some challenges about not opening account on time, runs the shiver down my spine...anyway, we have to move on.......the bulls still riding high though, but the bears shall surely have it...if only u know what i am saying.....

but advice to someone, dont borrow to buy shares this time ooh....my 5kobo...

wish us a happy week of green jijo..

love yo'all...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Stocks will and must surely fall this month, no 'metakwalism'. Nothing will stop it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kagame: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
Stocks will and must surely fall this month, no 'metachalism'. Nothing will stop it.
Smh. words like this leads to the fall...

but right now, the stock market is going off the retail investors!..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by davide470(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Youngzedd:

I tell ya. The stocks are moving upward.
..and upwards they shall go, insha Allah.

Let the numbers starts rolling first.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
Stocks will and must surely fall this month, no 'metachalism'. Nothing will stop it.

Your wishes sir... !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SWG1: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
The stepping aside of most of the Oga s have brought about free playing ground for the NSEMPA prophets, dragging predictions and affecting the Psyche of newbies amongst setting confusing in investing strategies.

Read the signs of the time. Believe any of them at your own risk.

where are all the Oando brave heart.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by themotleystocks: 2:19am On Mar 03, 2015
uboma:
Hello Friends,

value/

Investment Analyst are often wrong, don't base your analysis on them. No one can predict the future. If there is one thing I have observed in my investing career it is that stocks and the market can do anything and most times they full of surprises.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 5:18am On Mar 03, 2015
Josh121:

Always get mind under 30mins

Plz wic number u de use call dem 4 prompt creditation?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:34am On Mar 03, 2015
myjoy08:

Your wishes sir... !
not my wish, but it is the reality with what is on the ground, but that will not be the end of the market, many including me will take advantage of the coming bear. Sounding like this does not mean that I have not loss money in the stock exchange, but what will be, will be.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 7:13am On Mar 03, 2015
jp130:

Plz wic number u de use call dem 4 prompt creditation?

Same number on the website
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 11:14am On Mar 03, 2015
Ikeja Hotel!!!!!!

chai!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lionshare: 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2015
jauntty:
Am still a Learner but here is my lil advice. I think U shuld first try to "understand the numbers". Things like P/E, ROE, EPS, Stock intrinsic value, BVPS..etc. The thing is , even in a bearish run, some stocks are not still worth investing in. U have to know the right ones.

Secondly u shuld determine if u wanna go long term or short term i.e JIJO (bigass told me it means Jump in Jump out)

Last bullet : Stay away from penny stocks since u just starting.

FYI : Am still learning too

Wow....I obviously have alot to learn while at it can you recommend some books and also share some stocks picks.

Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2015
Pls what is pushing bank stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megainvest: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2015
^ The market over-reacted to the macro-economic changes hence banking stocks plunged to extremely low prices which made them highly undervalued. The current prices are very attractive hence the rebound. Just check the fundamentals and see for yourself.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jp130(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
Yem or any oda persn o. Mak una mak morgan credit my account o mak i execute

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (7747) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.