Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10876055 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7165) (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 9:15pm On Jul 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

You will need N50 million for that if you are buying FGN bond and not the savings bond.

What the banks do is to buy billion naira worth on behalf of their customers and make some money through that.

The Federal Govt Bond of less than 10million my wife bought appeared in her CSCS statement

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Although if you sell your Fidelity Bank shares at today price of N8.45k and use the fund buy a 20 years FGN bonds. The Investment will give you an investment income of 730k per annum for the next 20 years, which you can reinvest in shares

But you need to know that the income is fixed, unlike dividends and rents that can be increased

2042 FGN bond currently sells at a discount of about 97, with coupon rate of 13%. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
With the way the interest rates are rising, it is better to be pick a bond with a high coupon rate.new bonds were issued last month with coupons of say 14.75 to 15.75...
IYGEAL:

2042 FGN bond currently sells at a discount of about 97, with coupon rate of 13%. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Collinsterol(m): 12:31am On Jul 26, 2023
Please i need someone to help me with a USA broker that allows foreigners to invest in index funds and ETFS.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:59am On Jul 26, 2023
quote author=customstreet post=124657752]

The Federal Govt Bond of less than 10million my wife bought appeared in her CSCS statement [/quote]

We have FGN savings bond which one can buy with N5000 and above

We also have the FGN bond which one can buy with N50 million and above.

What is the tenure of the one bought by your wife?

Your wife bought FGN savings bond from the primary market
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:08am On Jul 26, 2023
IYGEAL:

This is the summary of yesterday's offer in the secondary market.

The implied yield for 2042 FGN bond is 14.4%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by customstreet: 7:04am On Jul 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
quote author=customstreet post=124657752]

The Federal Govt Bond of less than 10million my wife bought appeared in her CSCS statement

We have FGN savings bond which one can buy with N5000 and above

We also have the FGN bond which one can buy with N50 million and above.

What is the tenure of the one bought by your wife?

Your wife bought FGN savings bond from the primary market

My wife bought 10 years FGN Bond. I know what I am saying and not Federal Govt Saving Bonds
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Can this be subscribe through Stanbic stock app?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2023
customstreet:

My wife bought 10 years FGN Bond. I know what I am saying and not Federal Govt Saving Bonds

Did she buy through a bank or Stockbroker?

Was it a primary or secondary market offering
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 7:23am On Jul 26, 2023
Una don start to dey derail dis NSEMPA thread into bonds again. Una no dey hear say make una carry bonds matter go d bond thread. I go report una to dem mods now one by one be dat so dem go ban una. Wetin gan fa,haba! angry

Make una go do una bonding for bond thread and let we dey do our own stock market matter here do our stock market biz here nah

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Adinije:
Can this be subscribe through Stanbic stock app?

App Keh, you need to fill a form and scan to the bank if it is primary market offer, but can send a mail if it secondary market offer

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2023
Keep an eye on the board meetings of Dangote Sugar and NASCON slated for this month

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 7:31am On Jul 26, 2023
The meeting will be held this Friday, 28th July 2023.

I believe it will be good for Dangsugar holders, judging by your analysis and balance book size.

emmanuelewumi:
Keep an eye on the board meetings of Dangote Sugar and NASCON slated for this month
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

App Keh, you need to fill a form and scan to the bank if it is primary market offer, but can send a mail if it secondary market offer
I used to see it on Stanbic "Stock" app

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2023
Adinije:
I used to see it on Stanbic "Stock" app

I have not been able to buy through their app. I always called and they would mail the available offers to me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2023
Wahala... If I bring my cryptocurrencies here now here go burst grin
Nigerialabalaba:
Una don start to dey derail dis NSEMPA thread into bonds again. Una no dey hear say make una carry bonds matter go d bond thread. I go report una to dem mods now one by one be dat so dem go ban una. Wetin gan fa,haba! angry

Make una go do una bonding for bond thread and let we dey do our own stock market matter here do our stock market biz here nah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by WantsandMore: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2023
vacanci:

Which investment house can agree to help one invest in FGN bonds with around 5M naira. A lot of them want you to have huge funds unless if it's savings bond.

I have sent an email to stanbic long time ago, they usually dont understand that i do not mean savings bond. They want me to do 50M for normal bond
Have you considered Chapel Hill Denham?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I can see it is discounted further.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Hopefully they'd be clear about how the stocks are to be merged.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 9:42am On Jul 26, 2023
Collinsterol:
Please i need someone to help me with a USA broker that allows foreigners to invest in index funds and ETFS.

try Charles schwab. If you are not a nigerian or ghanian (resident/ citizen) you can check out interactive brokers . I am not sure what the minimum requirement for cash account vs margin is now, it used to be about $25k for non-us resident. Except you are interested in day trading and stock options trading ; From experience so far, the cheap route will be to go through Bamboo invest (downside : it's an app, doesn't have desktop UI for individual investor). you get same exposure to etfs , individual US stocks for the most part safe for options trading. Also, you can deposit in naira if you don't have access to domiciliary account. Be mindful of the 30% taxation [Non- US resident] on profit,divy,etc

Disclaimer: only affiliation with the listed brokerage firm is that i am a client.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2023
BONDS: You can mention Pa Emma on the bond thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4524641/bonds-investors-hub/13
OR
Here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3658395/fgn-savings-bond/12

FOREIGN STOCKS: If you need information about foreign stocks, please go and ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5669161/us-stocks-pick-alert/392

You're welcome!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2023
seyisanya:
BONDS: You can mention Pa Emma on the bond thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4524641/bonds-investors-hub/13
OR
Here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3658395/fgn-savings-bond/12

FOREIGN STOCKS: If you need information about foreign stocks, please go and ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5669161/us-stocks-pick-alert/392

You're welcome!

Good

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 10:34am On Jul 26, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2023
Hello good people!
Please is Afriprud a good buy at 6.50k for a holding period of 5 years?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2023
Zegra:
Hello good people!
Please is Afriprud a good buy at 6.50k for a holding period of 5 years?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2023
ogoo4real:
You may be right here but GTCO is really dusting Zenith big time.
True
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 11:42am On Jul 26, 2023
kolaish:
Yes

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Hogwarthtrades:

try Charles schwab. If you are not a nigerian or ghanian (resident/ citizen) you can check out interactive brokers . I am not sure what the minimum requirement for cash account vs margin is now, it used to be about $25k for non-us resident. Except you are interested in day trading and stock options trading ; From experience so far, the cheap route will be to go through Bamboo invest (downside : it's an app, doesn't have desktop UI for individual investor). you get same exposure to etfs , individual US stocks for the most part safe for options trading. Also, you can deposit in naira if you don't have access to domiciliary account. Be mindful of the 30% taxation [Non- US resident] on profit,divy,etc

Disclaimer: only affiliation with the listed brokerage firm is that i am a client.

The foreign brokers you mentioned (Charles Schwab, interactive brokers ) unfortunately don’t accept Nigerians. In fact, none of the major US brokers accept Nigerians except for LightSpeed which is very expensive. The only broker outside US which is reliable and trusted is Trade Zero International.

Yours truly has been a customer of the broker for over three years.

DD still advised.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2023
Ades1:

Collect your dividend in cash and reinvest it yourself if that’s what you choose to do
Thus is true. I have not gotten my scrip dividends since but those that chose dividends have gotten their money and reinvested themselves
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2023
I pray what I just saw as the ministerial list is not true. If not we are in for another set of buhari like cabinate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mpeace:
I pray what I just saw as the ministerial list is not true. If not we are in for another set of buhari like cabinate

Newspapers will carry the authentic list. Why are people circulating fake news

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7165) (7166) (7167) (7168) (7169) (7170) (7171) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: essentialone(m), 2zona(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.