Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10971954 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7356) (7357) (7358) (7359) (7360) (7361) (7362) ... (7781) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2023
The Udani family are yet to sell a unit of their shareholdings, the little cross deal was transferred from Dukor shares.

cantiride2:
Mecure is likely to like some shares via IPO IN THE FUTURE.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
phadriz:
The ordinary shares for 2022 is 4billion units which is the same for 2023. Please check page 26 & 27 of the listing memorandum.

With N2.6 billion profit after tax for 2022, using 4 billion outstanding shares the EPS for 2022 will be 65k, but the 9 month EPS for 2023 is 50k. We need to wait for the audited financial report
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
phadriz:
The ordinary shares for 2022 is 4billion units which is the same for 2023. Please check page 26 & 27 of the listing memorandum.

2 billion was useɗ for 2022 EPS calculation.

Most times you have to do the calculations yourself instead of relying solely on what the company released
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
I have no interest in this necure of a thing but I must pay my respect to the family, omo dem Dey chop dis kind money for diagnostics center?? Naija we don de just daba

Come list for stock exchange with a diagnostics centre omo nigeria is a joke. No B hospital chain oo na just ordinary diagnostic center don list 4 d exchange. See them clapping by the side.

Make we jist oando not diagnostic center abegy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=sboga post=127042651]I have no interest in this necure of a thing but I must pay my respect to the family, omo dem Dey chop dis kind money for diagnostics center?? Naija we don de just daba

Mecure is into pharma production bro. And one thing I know is pharma prduction is very lucrative!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2023
sboga:
I have no interest in this necure of a thing but I must pay my respect to the family, omo dem Dey chop dis kind money for diagnostics center?? Naija we don de just daba

Come list for stock exchange with a diagnostics centre omo nigeria is a joke. No B hospital chain oo na just ordinary diagnostic center don list 4 d exchange. See them clapping by the side.

Make we jist oando not diagnostic center abegy.

People are not paid to discuss or analyse any stock.

You can start a discussion about Oando, you can also ignore if they are discussing a stock that is not on your radar

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I am not sure they want to exit Nigeria most of the Indian owned businesses of the Vaswanis, Aswanis, Chellaram and many others have been operating in Nigeria for the past 80 years, most of them their great grandfathers japaed to Nigeria over 100 years.

I have aged parents who patronize them and I can tell you that the business and Investment opportunities in the health sector is enormous.

Very difficult to see a Nigerian owned family business that will outlive their founders up to the third generation

I am merely speculating o.

Based on the assumption that their annual revenue of 2.6 billion has remained relatively stable, the brothers cashed out approximately 3 million USD annually. But, due to the currency devaluation, this amount has decreased to less than 2 million USD.

Given the uncertain direction of our economy, I like them would also like to diversify my investments.

One approach would be to issue new shares, dilute my holdings, and hope that the fresh funds will aid in the company's expansion.

Alternatively, the brothers could inflate the stock price and sell a small portion of their holdings to the public. Selling 15% of the company's shares (from their 96%) at 50 naira would generate no less than 20 million USD while maintaining their controlling interest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cantiride2: 3:45am On Nov 19, 2023
Mecure has a cancer centre now and by next year they plan to have their own radiotherapy machine. They want to be big in the cancer treatment sector in Nigeria.They are into production of drugs aswell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2023
You are correct with the 2022 EPS, how the auditors made such costly mistake amazes me.

emmanuelewumi:

With N2.6 billion profit after tax for 2022, using 4 billion outstanding shares the EPS for 2022 will be 65k, but the 9 month EPS for 2023 is 50k. We need to wait for the audited financial report

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2023
I'm keeping tabs on MECURE's audited results whenever that comes out. Still not a buy for me till the float increase a bit.
It looks like a large chunk of their revenues will go back into expansion purposes as the establishment of two new factories was made known on the day of listing on NGX.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2023
chinonsobest:

If they have the power to manipulate things as you stipulated, why did OANDO end up paying some shareholders millions as directed by SEC?

Is only when you make a list of what OANDO stand to gain or lose if they delist. Then you will be able to overcome the fear of delisting.

Even when Wale has given you expo that some of the agrieved minority shareholders has left but as humans, I understand the fear of unknown. But then you should ask your self if a bank was able to trust OANDO with $800m why can't I risk a million or two.

Pls this is not an advise to buy OANDO as OANDO is not a game for boys but men.

A mafia accept lost in a small battle in order for the opponent to accept them when they win the war, so paying millions to shareholders is just a compliance to regulatory instruction.

You can consult Google or textbooks on advantages of private entity, I will give only one purpose, their books will not be meant for public scrutiny so any shady transactions they used in gaming the economy won't be exposed to the public.

Are you not aware that loan approval in this part of the world is based on network connections and not credibility.

I never asked you not to gamble with your money we are only analysing information available because no one knows it all, FYI, I have over 1m units of Oando in my portfolio, we are all gambling together.

You guys need to desist from classifying yourselves men and tag some people boys. No one can always beat the market, we got our finger burnt atimes, so stop this pride that you understand the market of making profit at all times.

Happy Sunday!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2023
phadriz:
Entity concept: BAT is different from Wale Tinubu and Oando so it has nothing to do with wooing investors or NASDAQ Bell ringing. Oando would be the vehicle that will be used to siphon national assets so it need to go private at all cost in order to avoid public in scrutinising their dealings. They may increase the buy out price to compensate minority shareholders, but it will definitely go private.

I thought of that driver for going private also. To avoid public scrutiny of the books. Can recall a management comment in line with this. But phrased in other words like the need to concentrate on pursuits of business growth without the slow down that reporting and auditing brings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Did you consider the outstanding shares of MRS,
Another good company with small os is nnfm but it's not an oil company

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2023
ucheson2:
Another good company with small os is nnfm but it's not an oil company
I am still doing my DD on this coy
https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/company-profile/?symbol=NNFM&directory=companydirectory

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ucheson2(m): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2023
talk2me2:
I am still doing my DD on this coy
https://ngxgroup.com/exchange/data/company-profile/?symbol=NNFM&directory=companydirectory
their results have been very good recently but I prefer oil companies.

I may consider investing in nnfm if the price drops significantly to say 14.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2023
To all the men in the house
Happy International Men's Day
May all that makes you a man- the planning and execution, risk-taking, providing for the family, etc remain intact.
Also, I wish all investors/traders a happy and bullish week ahead.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
We are back!

We hope this insightful conversation with Mr. Arnold Dublin-Green (Chief Investment Officer, Cordros Asset Management) makes up for our absence.

We discuss "The Past, Present and Future of Fixed income Vs Equities investing". He delves deep into how retail investors can structure their portfolio to harness the possible coming shift, mistakes retail investors make and how asking yourself, "what is in my hands?" can shape your investing practice/ world view.

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/91--The-past--present-and-future-of-Fixed-income-vs-Equities-A-Chat-with-Mr-Arnold-Dublin-Green-e2c43uh

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
ucheson2:

If I see it at 19 I will start buying it in trenches while still doing my DD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
ucheson2:

Me too I have been observing nnfm for a while, good results, strong growth etc. But .... Anyway let me wait for it to drop again to like 14 or 15 while I do further research on it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nnfm 14,15,19 na wa,you go wait tire.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
naturalflow:
Nnfm 14,15,19 na wa,you go wait tire.
with ngx/nse nothing is impossible

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
So we agree that oando is the spv to loot Nigeria dry and has to go private to avoid public scrutiny but at a higher price.

That kangaroo court like some rightfully said will be a joke. Na pdp and lp supppse Dey on top dis oando latter and become minority shareholders to keep the stealing in check.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 12:10am On Nov 20, 2023
sboga:
So we agree that oando is the spv to loot Nigeria dry and has to go private to avoid public scrutiny but at a higher price.

That kangaroo court like some rightfully said will be a joke. Na pdp and lp supppse Dey on top dis oando latter and become minority shareholders to keep the stealing in check.

I doubt if this is the reason for the delisting issue because the OANDO delisting issue started and has been ongoing even before this BAT administration. Listed or delisted, it can still be used

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 12:19am On Nov 20, 2023
You must b a novice. Dis must have been d plan since thenn my guy. You think looting naija oil is simple tactics?? Na very vary complex.

Any journos fo d house make you Dey push am for front page o. Take say na atiku go show up as minority shellholder for court with obi by his side Wale go shit for court grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2023
DrAwo:
We are back!

We hope this insightful conversation with Mr. Arnold Dublin-Green (Chief Investment Officer, Cordros Asset Management) makes up for our absence.

We discuss "The Past, Present and Future of Fixed income Vs Equities investing". He delves deep into how retail investors can structure their portfolio to harness the possible coming shift, mistakes retail investors make and how asking yourself, "what is in my hands?" can shape your investing practice/ world view.

Thanks for listening...

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/91--The-past--present-and-future-of-Fixed-income-vs-Equities-A-Chat-with-Mr-Arnold-Dublin-Green-e2c43uh
Dr. Awo, welcome back Sir. Please is there a way to download these interviews on my phone so I can listen to them offline and also have them permanently. There is a similar audio cast on YouTube called 'Chat with Traders' that one can download as a audio file. Thanks for the efforts from which I have learned a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:21am On Nov 20, 2023
sboga:
You must b a novice. Dis must have been d plan since thenn my guy. You think looting naija oil is simple tactics?? Na very vary complex.

Any journos fo d house make you Dey push am for front page o. Take say na atiku go show up as minority shellholder for court with obi by his side Wale go shit for court grin

No need for all these... Don't derail this noble platform pls

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:59am On Nov 20, 2023
NB
* Acquisition transaction of 80% stake in Distel Wines Ltd and 100% import biz of Heineken Nigeria

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/NB_Transaction_Circular_-_EGM_2023.pdf

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2023
Did Mecure start business in 2023? Why did they publish the result for 2023 alone without their previous year's result for investors to compare and make informed decision? And why is SEC silent on issues like this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:03am On Nov 20, 2023
May the corruption analysis odds be in our favour!

Greetings and cheers to 10 days left of November!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2023
sky2891:

I doubt if this is the reason for the delisting issue because the OANDO delisting issue started and has been ongoing even before this BAT administration. Listed or delisted, it can still be used

Even if Wale and his management still want to delist OANDO at all cost, the SEC should stamp their feet and enforce the rules on the exit price.
But I pray the delisting fails; because that would offer great opportunity to those who have been holding their portfolio intact for many years to recoup losses and make some profits.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:49am On Nov 20, 2023
grin
mikeapollo:

Even if Wale and his management still want to delist OANDO at all cost, the SEC should stamp their feet and enforce the rules on the exit price.
But I pray the delisting fails; because that would offer great opportunity to those who have been holding their portfolio intact for many years to recoup losses and make some profits.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7356) (7357) (7358) (7359) (7360) (7361) (7362) ... (7781) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.