Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,087 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

Jonathan Continues To Impress!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (16474 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
fasbat: you failed to mention #6.2 billion for sensitization for PIB (Ministry of Petroleum)

My brother, if you know you have a damn serious president, as a minister you will not even dare present such a budget. Imagine madam frog eyes presenting such a budget under Buhari regime.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by tarryT(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
coolkris: Sincere nigerian,your president pays ex-militant close to a billion naira a year for no services...is this is a right move?
Is that why are crying...? You should be greatful that there is relative peace in the ND for ur state to continue enjoyin free parasitic oil money. The next boiling in the ND will be about oil blogs ownership.. U neva see somethin.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by amobii: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
To GEJ supporters, yes you have provided the link to all your claims, but going by all what you have mention there is still more to do instead of looking for people to praise your government, i think you should tell there is still more to do, mentioning two or three roads, or renovation of airports is not enough for Nigerians to start praising him (GEJ). There are still lots and lots to do, first the issue of corruption, in his cabinet we can mention two or three executives who have bee indicted in the report of the committee he set up himself,but what is happening now nothing tangible to those indicted. Meanwhile, you dont expect their government not to do anything since in power, after all their Wednesday executive meeting and approving of billion every time, we all know part of the money is meant for something and the remaining is for their loot.
So when next you want to give report about Nairaland report tell him to work on corruption, security and be more active in his role and not slowpoke, Nigerians need iron hand to combat corruption.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Lordave: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It's so exciting to note that while the HATERS continue to HATE, Jonathan has continued to IMPRESS and DELIVER.

1) Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. 24hrs power supply is around the corner. Some of us now see more days of 24hrs non-stop public power supply.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211250072.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/phcn-fg-shifts-ground-agrees-to-pay-off-54000-staff/

2) Another exciting transformation is the massive rehabilitation of the rail transport system. Only few days ago, it was reported that the Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed and tested, and ready to take-off 20th of this month.
This will add to the numerous other rail routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(fast rail line), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(fast rail line).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kano-mass-transit-train-service-begins-dec-20/

3) What about the massive re-building of 11 airports in Nigeria, including the one Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos,etc The completed ones are simple beautiful to behold. When the 11 airports currently under re-construction are completed, reconstruction will begin immediately in the remaining 11 airports under FAAN. Also part of the aviation master plan of this govt is total over-haul of the institutions in the industry(done already), creation of a national carrier, building of aero-tropolis, building of 5 new international terminals in 5 airports, including Enugu. If this is not transformation, tell me what it is.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087612/new-face-remodelled-benin-airport
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/photo-speak-commissioning-of-remodelled-gat-mma-lagos.html
http://nigerianaviation./2012/09/26/upgraded-airport-terminals-at-enugu-and-port-harcourt/
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95770:airports-remodelling-on-course&catid=32:business-travel&Itemid=563

4) The education sector has also received serious attention in terms of infrastructural upgrade. The federal unity schools are being rehabilitated in phases, Almajiri schools are being built to cater for the over 11million out of school children in the north, the higher institutions are recieving more funds than ever this time,etc Also important is the creation of 9 new federal universities in Ebonyi, Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi,etc In fact, some of the brand new universities, including federal university Kashere, Gombe has commenced operation providing access to higher education for locals and employment.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38
http://www.universitiesnews.com/2012/08/10/nigeria-fg-increases-funding-to-universities-others-by-over-40-percent/

5) Significant progress is being made in terms of road construction. In the last 1 to 2yrs, 11 inherited(most abandoned) road projects, were COMPLETED, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), Kaduna Refinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road (Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).
Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–Enugu Expressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/providing-motorable-road-for-nigerians-is-my-commitment/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42461/2012/12/13/abujalokoja_road_ready_2014_minister.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/60567-govt-to-complete-enugu-onitsha-expressway-soon.html
We expect ACTUAL construction of 2nd Niger bridge to commence in 2013.
Failure to build 2nd Niger Bridge is the ONLY thing that can make me stop supporting GEJ. Enugu-PH road is currently undergoing rehabilitation to make it motorable, pending when full re-construction will commence. Lagos-Ibadan expressway is currently recieving similar attention.
Another fisher man.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by deletrue: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: HATERS continue to HATE, while GEJ continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

6) For me the MOST IMPORTANT achievement and LEGACY of the GEJ administration is CULTURIZATION of free and fair elections. The 2011 elections, adjudged by both local and international observers as free and fair, was the turning point in the history of Nigeria. It effectively marked the END of DO-OR-DIE and Amala politics. Since then, free and fair elections is the RULE. The last Edo and Ondo elections were no different. Free and fair elections is the NUMBER ONE and MOST IMPORTANT dividend of democracy and has the potential for unleashing other dividends of democracy. The import of free and fair election to our development was emphasised by no other person than Achebe himself in his latest book-There was a country. Under the sub-heading “State Resuscitation and Recovery”, Achebe suggests that “the Nigerian solution” will come in stages. “First we have to nurture and strengthen our democratic institutions – and STRIVE for the freest and fairest elections possible. That will place the true candidates of the people in office,” he writes. This process, can lead to a thriving free press and strong justice system, with checks and balances and corruption-curbing laws NATURALLY finding a footing. He adds: “A new patriotic consciousness has to be developed… based on an awareness of the responsibility of leaders to the led… and disseminated by civil society, schools and intellectuals. It is from this kind of environment that a leader, humbled by the trust placed upon him by the people, will emerge, willing to use the power given to him for the good of the people.”
Sorry for those looking for anti-corruption WAR-LORD like Buhari, NOTHING can fight corruption better than free and fair elections.
http://sahelblog./2011/04/20/international-observers-comment-on-nigerias-elections/
Thank you for this nice work. You see, these haters are sincerely the enemies of this country, especially when it is as a result of jona's tribe, when it arises from sudden stopage of their usual immoral, illegal and unjustifiable means of making maney. You think the haters are not seen the elections, what about power, the rails. Atleast these ones are very clear even for these abnormal nigerians to see.
The meaning of hate is: To have a strong feeling of dislike for something or somebody. These haters will never see whatever jona is doing. If jona likes let him employ the services of cnn, bbc, ait, etc to prove to them that he is trying. They will never see any thing. So let jona continues to give no DAMN to these people. But let me tell you today that many reasonable people are seeing the efforts of this government. Don't worry. Time shall tell. He, jona will make the best records.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
SEGAD:

True talk. I weep for my country
My dear, you do not need to weep. It is normal for people to have DIVERGENT opinion on issues. If you weep for NORMAL things, then you must be ABNORMAL.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by elvis07: 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
how much jonathan pay u to write this

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by chrisosi: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
i don,t think the poster lives in Niaja or better still, he is an hypocritical fellow

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ABUGEORGE(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
If we d nigerians dont start telling ourselves d truth, our govt will continue stil using our head to hit each other. Why do we always hide d truth even wen u know. Try travel out infaat try Ghana and u'll see dat naija is lost. D question i ask always is dat do we really have govt who care about d poor
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by kennyslim1(m): 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
UncleJJ:

So, GEJ should not be held responsible because the northerner refused the polio vaccine. If he used guys like you to enlighten such people instead of posting excuses on nairaland. We would not have this issue.

It's just like when your a kid , and whenever your mum wants to shower you or so, you refuse - so because u refuse to shower - she'd let you walk around smelly.

A mad man does not feel shame, but the relative of the mad man who are disgraced !

Are you tryin to call d north babies and immature to handle theirs affairs properly??
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Godogwu: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
ujchief: So failure to construct 2nd niger bridge is the only thing that will make you to stop kissing his arsè? What of the fact that lives are lost daily while over N900bil was budgeted for security this year? What of the fact that Gej runs the most corupt government of all times? That all reports on fuel subsidy has been pushed under the carpet, the recent being that his labour and productivity minister, whose company was indicted of N2.1bil fraud is heading the newest white paper committee stil investigating the same subsidy fraud? What of the fact that he doesnt give a damn?
I get it, you're just doing the biding of ur pay-masters, but this isnt 2011 when u guys decieved people into voting the 'shoeless' messiah.

GEJ runs the most corrupt government of all times?? LOOOOOL!!!, here's a long bench man \________________
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by atuboweke(m): 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
I JUST NOTICED THAT MOST PEOPLE THAT ARE AGAINST GEJ ARE YORUBAS!! BUT WHY? THEY SHOULD HOLD THEIR UNCLE 'OBJ' RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT IS HAPPENING TO NIJA....AFTER RULING FOR COMPLETE 8YRS WITHOUT ACHIEVEING ANYTHING BUT GEJ HAS JUST BIN THERE FOR ONLY 2YRS. GOD HELP THEM.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Godogwu: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
ABU GEORGE: If we d nigerians dont start telling ourselves d truth, our govt will continue stil using our head to hit each other. Why do we always hide d truth even wen u know. Try travel out infaat try Ghana and u'll see dat naija is lost. D question i ask always is dat do we really have govt who care about d poor

you don't say?.. So Ghana has a government that completely cares about their poor yea?. Infact no one can be considered poor in Ghana.... please!!!!!

FACT 1: There would always be poor people, i mean very adamantly poor people. (its kinda for the balance in the society)
Example: Even in the US where people would argue that the playing field is level and all, people are still poor. They have standard public schools, loans and scholarships for college students and all that good stuff. You could actually go to school from your nursery to phd without paying shi, until you start working but hey there are still poor people there. Almost 50 percent of the US population live on food stamps from the government, remove that and you'll find out that Ekaette and her mum who sell bole or Bimbo who is a maid or Ahmed who is a gateman are all way better off than these people who live on food stamps.

FACT 2: GEJ cannot build the perfect Nigeria in two years. Its not easy being the president of any country, let alone Nigeria.

FACT 3: If you keep waiting on the government to be your daily source of bread you are stup!d!!..Its obvious some people here want GEJ to allocate N1 million Naira to them every month because "its our money". LOOL, here's a bench for them too \_________

FACT 4: The present administration is one of the best since Nigeria was created....things may not be perfect for everyone but please don't blame the FG for your lack of funds or poverty, they don't owe you a better life...you owe that to yourself and you should hold yourself accountable for your gains and losses. frankly, if you have not paid your dues by working hard, don't expect to reap where you did not sow.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by banki(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
PointB:

I think it's a little too simple to suggest that free and fair election in Ondo and Edo State were because of voter's vigilance. I disagree. Im 2003 when Obj presided over the election, ballots boxes where snatched and stuffed in full view of camera, and nothing happened. Protesters were simply asked to go to compromised judiciary who simply rubber stamped most of the results or annul them at the tail end of tenure.

My point is that arguing that GEJ has nothing to do with free and fair election is a little unfair, judging from how far we have come from 1999.

In 2003 how many people were tweeting or face booking or nairalanding, information technology has made those rigging part terns almost difficult there's difference between light and darkness no sane person in edo state would cast his vote for pdp except people who were bribed not people that want good governance not people that want road construction not people that saw what pdp did with lucky and mike ogiadome and Tony anenih.....
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by banki(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
Jonathan keeps impressing me under his watch Nigeria has climbed all negative indecies from insecurity to corruption to kidnapping to the worst roads and some person comes to tell me how much Jonathan is doing.... Including renovating airports
Please find out how much doughs rica used to renovate Oliver thambo airport for the world cup...... Compare it to what this goats in government used to renovate just Benin airport and yet no airport in Nigeria is world class....
And oga wants me to celebrate
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
A bad product ll not sell. GEJ is a failure and needs to be shown the way out in 2015.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ABUGEORGE(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
Godogwu:

you don't say?.. So Ghana has a government that completely cares about their poor yea?. Infact no one can be considered poor in Ghana.... please!!!!!

FACT 1: There would always be poor people, i mean very adamantly poor people. (its kinda for the balance in the society)
Example: Even in the US where people would argue that the playing field is level and all, people are still poor. They have standard public schools, loans and scholarships for college students and all that good stuff. You could actually go to school from your nursery to phd without paying shi, until you start working but hey there are still poor people there. Almost 50 percent of the US population live on food stamps from the government, remove that and you'll find out that Ekaette and her mum who sell bole or Bimbo who is a maid or Ahmed who is a gateman are all way better off than these people who live on food stamps.

FACT 2: GEJ cannot build the perfect Nigeria in two years. Its not easy being the president of any country, let alone Nigeria.

FACT 3: If you keep waiting on the government to be your daily source of bread you are stup!d!!..Its obvious some people here want GEJ to allocate N1 million Naira to them every month because "its our money". LOOL, here's a bench for them too \_________

FACT 4: The present administration is one of the best since Nigeria was created....things may not be perfect for everyone but please don't blame the FG for your lack of funds or poverty, they don't owe you a better life...you owe that to yourself and you should hold yourself accountable for your gains and losses. frankly, if you have not paid your dues by working hard, don't expect to reap where you did not sow.

. Thanks for ur comment, am quiet doesnt make me a fool, let me tell u, jonathan is d worst govt nigeria have ever produce fill wit corruption, why are we hiding d truth from ourself, we know jonathan cannot give all to us but wat is d good things has it offer we nigerian for d now rather dan hearin corruption, strike, death and stealin about billion of money in his presence i think dat is d good things i've seen in d president. I just regret why i vote for him
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by banki(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Not correct sir/ma. GEJ is not unpopular among Nigerians. He may be unpopular with you and a few disgruntled party faithfuls and ethic war-lords on NL. If you conduct transparent election today, GEJ will sweep the polls(except in far north and boko haram dens for obvious reasons). Dont forget that PDP did well in the last local council polls in Lagos(the headquater of ACN)

Your statement gives you up, you are one of the people wrongly advising mr president you are one of the people that deceive this man and tell him all is we'll, nigerians at filling stations don't need to be acn members and they are millions of them, when the president claimed he fixed Nigerian hospitals but sent his wife for treatment abroad millions of nigerians saw it, when mr president used Facebook and other media platforms to look for votes it was ok now go and read comments from thoase friends on Facebook
You blind spokesmen and advisers live in delusion that's why you think the protesters in Lagos in January were sponsored... You guys play the ethnc card and come back and call other people bigots,
I taught you guys said the president is working the first job of mr president is to provide security for the lives and properties of his citizens....... Am sure you know he said the country is secure but the minister of finance mother wad kidnapped, you say Nigeria is safe but the president can't go to borno state or yobe state or bauchi state,
You say he is trying to cut cost of governance he increaseses his travels and number of aides, you say he is fighting corruption by dining and winning with all the public figures that have proven to be thieves, just last week he said alamesigha was his benefactor
Mr man all the fingers of corruption in the subsidy nonsense point to the fact that mr president was a major beneficiary from all the massive looting that went on in the oil industry in the last two years,
I want to know what the president is doing about education, what is his true agenda for infrastructure development
For job creation etc..... Oga this man is not presidential material neither is he leadership material.....
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by deletrue: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Urakhai: What is going on in this thread is very obvious even to a child that's all I'm going to say. Like Abe lincoln said-
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time". Have a nice day people.
Now, go through this comment! Will it be out of place or at best to describe the writer of this as absolutely abnormal. Who is he refering to now? He is neither supporting nor going against. whose side are you? Comments from dullard like this forms majority of the haters since they cannot differentiate left from right.
Dear supports, thanks so much for all your highly matured, intelligent contributions. This has in no small way inculcated some sence into majority of the idiots and senseless south west Bakares'. please, sincere9egerian, keep educating the people. By this, your place and rewards will be from heaven.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by tpapi: 5:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
I wil miss gej by d time he finishes his 2nd term in 2019
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karmrash: 5:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
@sincere 9gerian
u better stop deceiving urself. this is a failed govt 9gerian has ever had. dont be gullible!
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
Inspection of Rehabilitated Lagos-Kano Rail Begins

14 Dec 2012

All is now set for the final inspection of the rehabilitated Lagos-Kano rail tracks, the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has said.

The final inspection, which will be spearheaded by the inspection team set up by the Federal Government, will enable the corporation ascertain the true state of things on the rehabilitated rail.
This was disclosed by NRC Managing Director, Mr. Adeseyi Sijuwade, at the opening ceremony of the maiden NRC management three-day retreat in Lagos. He said the inspection of the rail track was in line with the Federal Government transformation agenda.

“As soon as the inspection team declares the Lagos-Kano rail tracks fit for human and goods passage, particularly the integrity of Akere Bridge and Bridge 73 in Minna both in Niger State, which were recently reinforced, the corporation would immediately commence train operation”, he said.

The NRC boss reiterated President Goodluck Jonathan’s commitment to reduce burden on the road and constant road accidents with the regular haulage of goods and passengers from one part of the country to another before the end of the year.

“After the certification by the inspection team, which will take a train ride from Lagos to Kano to ascertain the credibility of the tracks, NRC will have no other option than to commence train operations before Christmas,” Sijuwade said.

At the retreat, participants were charged to brainstorm on the way forward for the corporation. The management noted that with the federal government decision to restructure reform and rebrand the transport sub-sector, efforts had been channelled towards rehabilitating dilapidated tracks and other equipment in the corporation as well as training of the entire workforce irrespective of the cadres or grade levels.

Sijuwade disclosed that the present management inherited a railway system almost in comatose state with dilapidated facilities, demoralised and depleted workforce and frustrated pensioners.
Highlighting other challenges encountered and efforts put in to revive the moribund corporation, the NRC boss said: “We met shortfall in budget for salaries, insufficient rolling stock and locos, single track and cape gauge (1067 mm), obsolete machinery and workshop equipment, paucity of fund for training, porosity of rail corridors and accessibly to link rail to airport and seaport.

“But today, the status of the corporation has improved significantly from comatose state to that of a functional rail system. With the Federal Government intervention in providing fund and political will couple with the corporation commitment to seeing the railway lines work again, the Lagos to Jebba rail tracks axis has been rehabilitated by CCECC, and the train operations has been resumed, while that of the Jebba to Kano is near completion. In the same vein, the Federal Government has awarded the rehabilitation of the rail tracks from Port Harcourt to Makurdi covering 463km for a period of 10 months.

He called for active participation during the retreat as the result would play an important role in reshaping the ongoing railway rehabilitation project and the transformation agenda of the present administration.

Also, the Director of Administration and Human Resources of NRC, Aminu Gusau, in his opening speech said the retreat was an opportunity for the senior staff of the corporation to engage in conversation and reflect on past activities of the organisation and chart a new way forward to actualise the transformation agenda of the Federal Government as regards the rail sub-sector in particular and transport sector in general.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/inspection-of-rehabilitated-lagos-kano-rail-begins/133509/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Shine1177: 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
No one has come out to disprove the links provided by the OP so why cry loud than the bereaved?

GEJ may not be the best president Nigeria ever had but he is working, he just need a bit of our support.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by karlmax2: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Shine1177: No one has come out to disprove the links provided by the OP so why cry loud than the bereaved?

GEJ may not be the best president Nigeria ever had but he is working, he just need a bit of our support.

God bless Nigeria.
4 pages and counting no one I mean non of the critcs have come out to disprove the op all he is getting is abuses. no matter how hard they try the truth is there for any open minded person to see that this government is taking step to change this country.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by decepticos(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: US Approves $250m Loan for Fertilizer Facility in Nigeria

13 Dec 2012

By Tokunbo Adedoja

The Board of Directors of Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) has approved a $250 million loan to fund a nitrogen fertilizer facility in Nigeria.

OPIC is a United States Government’s development finance institution that mobilizes private capital to help solve critical development challenges and its achieves its mission by providing investors with financing, guarantees, political risk insurance, and support for private equity investment funds.

Disclosing this in Washington DC, State Department's Spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, said: "I want to, before we start, just commend the OPIC Board of Directors for approving two major projects in Africa totaling some $400 million. These are actually both pretty cool. This first one is called Greenpark and it includes a $250 million loan to fund a nitrogen fertilizer facility in Nigeria."

More to follow....

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-approves-250m-loan-for-fertilizer-facility-in-nigeria/133484/

@op it gets better haters would commit suicide soon more investment for nigerian. haters can lie,bomb and live under their propoganda but the truth shall come to light kudos to GEJ he remains the best presido!!
This is just underdevelopment served on a gold platter. I'll remain silent on the main topic. I just dont buy this idea of being loaned fertilizers by the americans, my economics and train of thought dont sit well wif it.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by armadeo(m): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
GEJ let Efcc work and jail one of This corrupt politicians then I'll believe in u. Cos if u curb corruption and released funds are used judiciously I assure u that u will win 2019, but we know u cannot.
Till then everything u do na wash.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
karl max: 4 pages and counting no one I mean non of the critcs have come out to disprove the op all he is getting is abuses. no matter how hard they try the truth is there for any open minded person to see that this government is taking step to change this country.
My dear, dont mind them. They'v all withdrawn to their concoons. They didn't attempt to disprove anything because there's nothing to disprove. I presented FACTS, supported with images, media reports and testimony of beneficiaries of those projects(mainly mega projects). I just occurred to me to do this because the LIES and propaganda of opposition party faithfuls and ethnic warlords on NL was becoming too much. I even omitted some areas like the wonderful work being done in agriculture and health. In fact this GEJ govt is doing SO MUCH. I'm sure I spoiled the party for the 'retardinhos' today but we'll continue to do the right things for love of country with the support of other patriotic Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by MAYOWAAK: 7:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
One of the factors that encouraged my failed attempt at studying Medicine at the University is my passionate dislike for mathematics. I literarily can’t stand numbers and the magic that comes with mathematical procedures. But President Goodluck Jonathan in his infinite capacity for the miraculous sent me back to school for extra classes in Basic Arithmetic on Tuesday 11th December when I read a report that the President had made a request to the National Assembly for a Supplementary amount of N161 billion as fuel subsidy payment for the remaining three weeks in this year as, according to him, the original N881 billion budgeted for that purpose for the whole of the year had been exhausted.

Now, there is no reason to suspect our dear President of falsehood, but the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had on October 21 said the N888 billion allocated for subsidy payments in the 2012 budget should be enough to pay petroleum product importers and that government might not need supplementary appropriation for subsidy payments in 2012. So I thought maybe Mr. President had been misled, yet again, by his retinue of ineffective, over-paid aides into submitting a supplementary budget request for the wrong purpose, or maybe there was a typographic error on the request paper and Mr. Jonathan meant to ask for N16.1 billion, or N1.61 billion. Anyway, I brought out my calculator to crunch some numbers to see where lays the error.

Just so you know how big N161 billion is, at least in budgetary terms, consider how it compares to some selected allocations in the 2013 Budget Proposal presented by President Goodluck Jonathan to the National Assembly some weeks back:

The N161 billion for 3 weeks fuel subsidy is: almost twice the total allocation for Agriculture in 2013 (N81 billion times 2 = N162 billion); more than twice the total allocation for Power in 2013 (N74 billion times 2 = N148 billion); more than thrice the total allocation for Water Resources in 2013 (N47 billion times 3 = N141 billion); more than twice the capital allocation for Education in 2013 (N60 billion times 2 = N120 billion); almost thrice the capital allocation for Health in 2013 (N55 billion times 3 = N165 billion); more than the capital allocation for Works in 2013 (N151 billion); more than twice the total allocation for Niger Delta in 2013 (N63 billion times 2 = N126 billion).

The N161 billion for 3 weeks fuel subsidy is more than twice the Statutory Transfer for Universal Basic Education in 2013 (N72 billion times 2 = 144 billion); more than twice the Statutory Transfer for Niger-Delta Development Commission in 2013 (N57 billion times 2 = N114 billion), more than the Statutory Transfer for the National Assembly in 2013 (N150 billion). Indeed, the N161 billion for 3 weeks fuel subsidy is more than the sum total of the 2013 total allocation for Science and Technology (N31 billion), Mines and Steel (N13 billion), Environment (N21 billion), Lands and Housing (N24 billion); Aviation (N53 billion) (sum total = N141 billion).

Now that we know just how big the additional N161 billion Mr. President is asking for is, please follow me diligently as we go through the arithmetic of year 2012 fuel subsidy payments. Please note that some of the figures used here are approximates.

First let’s go through the basics:

There are 52 weeks in year 2012, out of which we have spent 49 weeks, with 3 weeks left.

So far, we have spent N881 billion on fuel subsidy for 49 weeks, which translates into about N18 billion per week, N2.6 billion per day, N107 million per hour, N1.8 million per minute.

According to Mr. President, we need an additional N161 billion to pay for fuel subsidy for the remaining 3 weeks in the year, which translates into about N53.7 billion per week, N7.7 billion per day, N319 million per hour, N5.3 million per minute.

How much is fuel subsidy?

On January 1st 2012 when the government of Goodluck Jonathan decided to completely remove subsidy on fuel, one litre of PMS sold for N141. After the OccupyNigeria nationwide protests and help from Labour Unions, government agreed to a partial subsidy regime, with PMS to sell for N97 per litre. This means that actual subsidy on one litre of PMS is N44 (N141 minus N97).

How much fuel can we subsidize with N881 billion?

How many litres of fuel can we subsidize with N881 billion at the rate of N44 subsidy per litre?

N881 billion divided by N44 = 20 billion litres.

So the federal government has used N881 billion to, benevolently, subsidize 20 billion litres of fuel between January and now, which puts consumption at 20 billion litres in 49 weeks, 408 million litres per week, N58 million litres per day, 2.5 million litres per hour.

How much fuel can we subsidize with N161 billion?

So how many litres of fuel can we subsidize with N161 billion at the rate of N44 subsidy per litre?

N161 billion divided by N44 = 3.7 billion litres.

So the federal government is going to use N161 billion to, benevolently, subsidize 3.7 billion litres of fuel between now and the end of the year, which puts projected consumption at 3.7 billion litres in 3 weeks, 1.2 billion litres per week, 174 million litres per day, 7.3 million litres per hour.

So government estimates that Nigerians are going to consume three times more fuel in the next three weeks than they did at any point during the past 49 weeks.

How much is fuel subsidy for the entire year?

If the National Assembly approves the N161 billion Fuel Subsidy Supplementary Budget request as made by Goodluck Jonathan, total amount spent on fuel subsidy in year 2012 would be:

Amount spent on fuel subsidy for 49 weeks (N881 billion) plus Amount to be spent on fuel subsidy for 3 weeks (N161 billion) = N1.042 trillion

N1.042 trillion spent on fuel subsidy in 52 weeks translates into about N20 billion per week, N2.85 billion per day, N119 million per hour, N2 million per minute.

How much fuel can we subsidize with N1.042 trillion?

So how many litres of fuel can we subsidize with N1.042 trillion at the rate of N44 subsidy per litre?

N1.042 trillion divided by N44 = 23.7 billion litres.

So the federal government is going to use N1.042 trillion to, benevolently, subsidize 23.7 billion litres of fuel for the whole of year 2012, which puts consumption at 23.7 billion litres in 52 weeks, 455 million litres per week, 65 million litres per day, 2.7 million litres per hour.

How much fuel do Nigerians actually consume per day?

The answer to this question depends on the source you consult. According to Mr. Enoch Kenawa, the Secretary of the Oil Marketers Association, it is 35 million litres per day; according to Mr. Reginald Stanley, the Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), Nigeria imports 59 million litres of fuel per day, but Nigerians only consume 35 million litres, while the remaining 24 million litres are unaccounted for; while the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation puts national daily consumption figures between 30 and 33 million litres.

So we can safely assume Nigerians consume 35 million litres of fuel per day, which translates into about 245 million litres per week and about 13 billion litres for the entire year.

Subsidy figures based on national daily consumption:

If Nigerians consume 35 million litres of fuel per day, and government pays a subsidy of N44 on each litre:

Subsidy payment per day: 35 million litres times N44 = N1.54 billion per day

Subsidy payment per week: 35 million litres times N44 times 7 = N10.8 billion

Subsidy payment for 3 weeks: 35 million litres times N44 times 7 times 3 = N32.3 billion

Subsidy payment for 49 weeks: 35 million litres times N44 times 7 times 49 = N528 billion

Subsidy payment for a year: 35 million litres times N44 times times 365 = N562 billion

* Please note that the combined daily fuel productions of Nigeria’s four refineries, which are not subsidized, were ignored in this calculation to avoid complications.

* Also note that fuel was not subsidized for the first 3 weeks of year 2012.

Summary:

The federal government claims to have spent N881 on fuel subsidy for the past 49 weeks when in fact that actual amount should be N528 billion

The federal government proposes to spend N161 billion on fuel subsidy for the next 3 weeks when the actual amount should be N32.3 billion

If request for supplementary fund is granted, the federal government would spend a total of N1.042 trillion on fuel subsidy in year 2012 when the actual amount should be just about half of that (N562 billion).

The difference between government’s claims and actual amount is: N480 billion. Haven taken you through the rigours of how big, in budgetary terms, N161 billion is, I won’t take you through that stress for N480 billion. But do note that N480 billion is almost 3 times N161 billion.

Every single day in year 2012, for all of the 365 days in the year, including public holidays, and Sabbaath days which God asked us to keep holy, Goodluck Jonathan is short-changing Nigerians to the tune of N1.3 billion. N1.3 billion disappears from the coffers of the nation, goes into the pockets of the croonies of the criminals in power, and someone somewhere writes on that monumnetal fraud: Fuel Subsidy!

Every single hour in year 2012, N55 million disappears under the government of Goodluck Jonathan. Mr. President has installed an Automated Looting Machine into the cashware of the nation’s finances., he called it Fuel Subsidy. The machine dispenses N55 million every hour, almost N1 million per minute, round the clock. And that machine is about to get really busy in the next three weeks, if the National Assembly rubberstamps that N161 billion request.

Mr. President has declared an end of the year bonanza for his friends, it would cost the nation N161 billion.

Closing:

In closing, I bring you the words of Mr. Enoch Kenawa, the Secretary of the Oil Marketers Association via the Punch, he said: “We have said it continuously in the past that the N888bn fuel subsidy budget for 2012 was inadequate but the finance minister has been proving stubborn and deceiving Nigerians that the amount would be enough. We have been in this business for a long time and we know what the trends are. I am happy that our position has been justified. We are calling on the National Assembly to quickly pass request of the President so that supply of products can increase. Once the money is approved, Nigerians are assured of a good holiday period to ensure adequate supply of fuel during Christmas.”

There, brethren, is the handwriting on the wall, in bold letters for all to see.

By Ogunyemi Bukola

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by AZeD1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My dear, dont mind them. They'v all withdrawn to their concoons. They didn't attempt to disprove anything because there's nothing to disprove. I presented FACTS, supported with images, media reports and testimony of beneficiaries of those projects(mainly mega projects). I just occurred to me to do this because the LIES and propaganda of opposition party faithfuls and ethnic warlords on NL was becoming too much. I even omitted some areas like the wonderful work being done in agriculture and health. In fact this GEJ govt is doing SO MUCH. I'm sure I spoiled the party for the 'retardinhos' today but we'll continue to do the right things for love of country with the support of other patriotic Nigerians.
If GEJ was doing as good as you are trying to portray, you would not need to shout his achievements. They say a Gold fish has no hiding place.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

Maybe you do not know this, but 70 percent of the people that are criticizing GEJ today voted for him. I am not one of those that voted for him. I knew it would turn out to be this way when I saw the people (Anenih and co) that were at his side during the elections.

FACT: There is no government in Nigeria that has stayed in office and done absolutely nothing.

Even Uduaghan has built 64 billion naira airport in Asaba, and nothing else in the whole state.

Even Theodore Orji has dashed youth of Abia keke Napep.

The question is how much are you doing, and how much are you impacting the lives of Nigerians?

GEJs government is squandering Nigeria's wealth by spending on rubbish that does not impact the lives of Nigerians. Case in point 1.2 billion feeding money. Vice president residence 9 billion. 3.3 billion on foriegn travels. 2.2 billion on reception hall. 165 billion on fuel subsidy for last 3 weeks of December alone.

Everyday we read of public officials stealing billions brazenly without conviction. No amount of money is too shocking anymore. 60 billion. 20 billion. No one steals millions anymore because they know it's better to steal more. All the ex-governors who were prosecuted are walking around free. They say th judiciary is the problem and yet no memeber of the Judiciary has been tried for corruption as an example to others.

Now look at the things you listed:

Airport rehabilitation? Airport that other leaders built in less than 3 years in some case? what is a routine maintainace of airport? It should not even be mentioned as an achievement if not for the rot in Nigeria. Was a new terminal built or something, biko?

Power issue has still not being resolved. In fact when the light situation improved, the president got a lot of kudos from people on this same forum. he sacked the minister that was performing, and we went back to square one. Now those same people are releasing thier anger at government and you are calling them bigots and party members.

as per roads, people are plying those roads and no one has seen any improvement. Its easy to drive along and send the pictures of the roads you claim have been constructed. Surely should be pictures somewhere on the internet or the ministry of works website? On the other hand, people have regularly posted pictures of the horrible PH-Enugu express way, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and the never ending construction on Ore-Benin road. How many kilometers is that strtch of road anyway? I was on East-West road the other day...It has been virtually abandoned.

A good test of popularity is the internet. It is a democratic medium. People log on and give thier opinions. On an open forum like this, you can guage a public figure's popularity pretty easily. That is why TA Orji is unpopular here. Any news on Akpabio or Mandela will always get a majority favorable comments on an open Nigerian forum.

GEJ has decieved Nigerians once...they were just glad to see a so-called fresh faced politicians. Now they have seen his true colours. He is not a bad person, but represents the status quo...and Nigerians do not want the status quo. they voted for change.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Demdem(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
A-ZeD:

If GEJ was doing as good as you are trying to portray, you would not need to shout his achievements. They say a Gold fish has no hiding place.

Wisdom !!!!!
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Godogwu: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
ABU GEORGE: . Thanks for ur comment, am quiet doesnt make me a fool, let me tell u, jonathan is d worst govt nigeria have ever produce fill wit corruption, why are we hiding d truth from ourself, we know jonathan cannot give all to us but wat is d good things has it offer we nigerian for d now rather dan hearin corruption, strike, death and stealin about billion of money in his presence i think dat is d good things i've seen in d president. I just regret why i vote for him

I barely understood what you said....barely, nevertheless I completely disagree. Jonathan's administration is way more transparent than Obj's, Abacha's and all the other previous greedy military rulers that completely destroyed Nigeria. Have you seen the transformations in Lagos?, Port harcourt?, Calabar... the list goes on. people are now accountable for whatever they do in Nigeria. Nigeria is not there yet, but its definitely getting there.

p.s The fact that you may not be progressing doesn't mean the country isn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ICPC Interrogates Fmr IGP Mike Okiro, Others Over N275.5m Fraud / APC NEC Passes Vote Of Confidence On Odigie-oyegun / Babachir Lawal: Disband Sagay’s Committee For Giving SGF Clean Bill – Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.