Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum (8124 Views)

Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi / Nigerian Army Seal Off Michika In Hunt For Boko Haram Remnants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 14, 2012
Politicians using the nation's resources for themselves alone. Imagine involving the Army in a case of kidnap, because its the "finance minister's" mum.
When a senator's wife was kidapped the same thing. As if we don't have kidnapp cases everyday with some turning fatal, and the police don't care
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by mejai(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2012
Mumu arrest! 63 and countin, yet dey neva see d woman! Chai! Wat makes dem think dat woman dey dat village? Thank God is Friday joor!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20am On Dec 14, 2012
lacasa: Only in Nigeria, will 63 citizens get arrested and detained without evidence nor warrants.

Is Okonjo's mother the 1st kidnap case?

Karma is at play - " what goes around comes around".

The blood of the murdered youths during the *(subsidy protests)* will never stop haunting Okonjo & her gang. of FRESH AIR wolves.

**to the Kidnappers, more of this kind of Kidnapping please** wink

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Akosbaba(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2012
mrrock: The death of that woman may just bring the change we all clamour for.
death? waoh.is it because she gave birth to one of the leading advocates for change or because she isn't as clueless as the president?
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by brownlord: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju: But wait o!!

What makes you people think that these 63 people are all innocent?!

Were you people part of the investigation?!

Why were only 63 people out of an entire village arrested?!

Abeg!! Let the police do their job!

Na 80year old woman we dey find o!!

You are mad, so 63 people including 2 police all conive to kidnap 1 person Abi idiot

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2012
Ada Nri1: Politicians using the nation's resources for themselves alone. Imagine involving the Army in a case of kidnap, because its the "finance minister's" mum.
When a senator's wife was kidapped the same thing. As if we don't have kidnapp cases everyday with some turning fatal, and the police don't care

You do realise that under the constitution, there is a provision which justifies using the army to handle this matter.. The Army is not only used for external threat situations but also internal as well, depending on the gravity..

Should they have need to go itno the bushes and scout.. I will hope that the army would be better than the police in such situations..
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2012
all amimals are equal,but some are more equal than others...so upon harvard,mit,etc,she still dey behave like an agbero politician,bending the law to fit her fat a.r.s.e n gigantic nose n lips,all because she no wan pay,where is human right and amnesty,is it lawful to use the military for a case that should be that of police?una don dey get una fresh air
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Olaolufred(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2012
ochukoccna: The Army now executing policing duties
This is the clearest indication yet that Nigetia is finished

65 suspects been arrested is a pointer that this case is going nowhere

Also I flow with Olumide's line of thought regarding NOI kidnapping her mother
[b]I know it sounds far fetched& absurd but the so called cabal members we've seen exposed are closely associated with the ruling party& ebele himself
NOI keeps saying the cabal is after her yet they dine with her boss
[/b]Hmnn!

At least people are begining to understand some truth.
Since it is not on tribal and religious lines-the two monsters destroying Nigeria.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by greaterlove(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2012
Despite the fact that i so much desire that mama okonjo be found in good health i do not agree with this technique, except the kidnappers do not have common sense why will they remain in the same town they carried out the kidnapp? i have a feeling these guys might be in asaba or benin or even abuja with mama. the poor villagers should not be made to suffer more, the army and police should think outside the box to catch these kidnappers. we read earlier that mama's first son spoke to her when the kidnappers called why couldnt they work with that?
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26am On Dec 14, 2012
brownlord:

You are mad, so 63 people including 2 police all conive to kidnap 1 person Abi idiot

If you insult me again... You will regret it..

63 persons arrested.. I wasnt involved in the investigation, so before I start shooting off my mouth carelessly, I will first ask why were 63 out of an entire community arrested?! Thats what sane, literate, sensible and intelligent people do..
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 14, 2012
I fear that 63 people are being tortured at this very moment.

sad
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Olaolufred(m): 10:29am On Dec 14, 2012
I THINK THEY SHOULD ARREST ALL THE PEOPLE OF OGWASHI UKWU FINISH.
BY THE TIME TIME THEY FINISHED THEIR JOB,
OBI WILL BE RULLING THEM ALL IN THEIR RESPECTIVE PRISONS AND POLICE CELLS.
WHEN THE POOR HAS NO FOOD TO EAT, THE RICH WILL HAVE NO PEACE TO SLEEP.

1 Like

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2012
a society that has a balance of the poor and rich,will be a safe society,right now the equilibrum balance of the scale is tilted more and more towards the poor,so essentially the rich are becoming unsafe by the day...if they like make them bury their head for sand,na them go hear am
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nnaemekajibor: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2012
[i][/i]nigerian army! Make the arrest themself if the villag finish,
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2012
@ Olaolufred & Ehie

Are you guys suggesting that poor people are responsible for the kidnap?!

Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by kunlekunle: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Is she the only one that has been kidnap in Nigeria?

Why are they acting like this is the first time someone will be kidnap?

How about other Nigerians that died in the hand of kidnappers?

Is one Nigerian superior to another?

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

all animals are equal, some are more equal than others
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:48am On Dec 14, 2012
kunlekunle:

all animals are equal, some are more equal than others

Napoleon.. Classic
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Shenez: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2012
If na average man nobody go hear anything!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by muktarmtt(m): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

I pray you become as successful in life as Okonjo Iwela...

However, I will never wish that your entire family be kidnapped because of your success..
Shut d Bleep up dude wch success by stealing our subsidy money give a break dude
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by dady12: 10:54am On Dec 14, 2012
this is stupudity of the highest order,do they think that this woman is it in delta?this guys can take this woman to the far north or even Niger repulblic,why are they harrising innocent nigerians?where are they when she was taking out of delta by road when they have road block all over the state collecting money?security need to work underground,this guys can just kill this woman for fear of being arrested by the way our security are working,infant is prof iweala the first to be adducted ?it this the same way our security are working for when other where arrested?so this country has turn to when a rich man or woman is missing,the govt can show 100%superiority?then when then poor are adducted no one show concern,they should stop illegal arrest and look for how the guys can release prof,this can can hold prof for as long as they can if security men are working in this manner,
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2012
Managbe said two Lebanese men working for Nigerian construction company Setraco had been abducted on Tuesday in Delta state by gunmen who killed a soldier assigned to protect them

Them nor add say the sojo kill 3 of the kidnaper and he bullet finish before the rest kidnapers kill the sojo. You give sojo gun to protect workers and you refuse to give enough bullet. This happen at my bro woking place
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2012
muktar mtt: Shut d Bleep up dude wch success by stealing our subsidy money give a break dude

Like I said....

I pray you become successful like Okonjo-Iweala...

I pray your family and loved ones dont get kidnapped as a result of your success..

Why you are getting angry, I wonder.. Maybe is it because you are not certain she stole your money?!

I would advice you channel your energy towards the safe return of her mother..
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2012
writejhn27: Managbe said two Lebanese men working for Nigerian construction company Setraco had been abducted on Tuesday in Delta state by gunmen who killed a soldier assigned to protect them

Them nor add say the sojo kill 3 of the kidnaper and he bullet finish before the rest kidnapers kill the sojo. You give sojo gun to protect workers and you refuse to give enough bullet. This happen at my bro woking place

Are you serious?!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by jaysm(f): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2012
supereagle: The Nigerian Army, on Thursday, said soldiers had arrested 63 people in raids as they searched for the finance minister's 82-year-old mother, kidnapped from her home on Sunday.

It is not yet known whether the abduction of Kamene Okonjo, mother of former World Bank director Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was political or for financial gain.

"Yesterday the Four Brigade raided Ogwashi-Ukwu in search of Mama," army spokeswoman Roseline Managbe said. "Those arrested are being questioned," she added.

Two policemen were also arrested this week on suspicion of aiding the kidnappers of Okonjo.

Managbe said two Lebanese men working for Nigerian construction company Setraco had been abducted on Tuesday in Delta state by gunmen who killed a soldier assigned to protect them.

Gangs operate throughout the Niger Delta, home to Africa's largest oil industry. Most people abducted are Nigerians but foreign oil and construction workers have also been frequent targets.

The finance minister, a campaigner against corruption, has received threats in the past, her special adviser Paul Nwabuikwu said on Sunday.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/49031-army-arrest-63-in-hunt-for-abductors-of-okonjo-iwealas-mum
Mind u the ppl that were arrested are not frm Ogwashi uku, they in Agbor, 35km away frm ogwashi-uku. Most of they don't even know whether Ngozi's mother was kidnapped, even d teacher who came frm town to school in village were also arrested. The arrest was in Alisor, Omumu, and the Oza communities these were about 10 communities is not even close to Ogwashi-uku at all. Now the Nigerian Army has taken over these communities for nothing arresting anybody they sees even disabled ppl.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by omenka(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

You do realise that under the constitution, there is a provision which justifies using the army to handle this matter.. The Army is not only used for external threat situations but also internal as well, depending on the gravity..

Should they have need to go itno the bushes and scout.. I will hope that the army would be better than the police in such situations..
And does the gravity of this case warant such deployment?? Haba, be since to urself. Its a friggin KIDNAP!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by saintade01(m): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2012
The military or police in charge of this case had better becareful in the way they are going about this. Cos this could more endanger the life of the mama involved.

All this their 'gra gra' shows "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than the others".
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Okijajuju1(m): 11:08am On Dec 14, 2012
omenka:
And does the gravity of this case warant such deployment?? Haba, be since to urself. Its a friggin KIDNAP!

Of the mother of a high ranking officer of the Federal republic of Nigeria..

Her mother would not be treated the same way theu would handle most victims..

The armys involvement is not illegal..
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by MurderX: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2012
jaysm: Mind u the ppl that were arrested are not frm Ogwashi uku, they in Agbor, 35km away frm ogwashi-uku. Most of they don't even know whether Ngozi's mother was kidnapped, even d teacher who came frm town to school in village were also arrested. The arrest was in Alisor, Omumu, and the Oza communities these were about 10 communities is not even close to Ogwashi-uku at all. Now the Nigerian Army has taken over these communities for nothing arresting anybody they sees even disabled ppl.

lol...impossible Naija.

I bet all 63 are innocent peeps and will be experiencing torture and trauma by now. Even those that dont know who Okonjo Iweala is. LMAO...Naija I hail.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by Emmy9898: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

I have a feeling your mother laid you as an egg first before you hatched after 9 nine months.. I can never agree that a child wey mama carry for belle for 9 months can be as stupid as this..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by dulphines: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2012
Make them employ Steven Seagal. He will find the kidnappers in a few hours! lol, just a banter... I pray they release her ASAP.
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by aryzgreat: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2012
muktar mtt: Shut d Bleep up dude wch success by stealing our subsidy money give a break dude

Animal from northern zoo. what amount of 'ur' subsidy money did she steal and why is she fighting the subsidy thieves like ifeanyi uba and co if she stole subsidy money? I dont blame cow heads like you whose only aim in life is to pull down people that are far better than u.Go get a life mumu, if u vex remove subsidy from ur cow if there was any. I.diota!
Re: 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum by collins123(m): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

If you insult me again... You will regret it..

63 persons arrested.. I wasnt involved in the investigation, so before I start shooting off my mouth carelessly, I will first ask why were 63 out of an entire community arrested?! Thats what sane, literate, sensible and intelligent people do..

For once, you fell my hand throughout the whole thread.

SMH @ the Nairaland Clown.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Female Civil Servants To Enjoy Six Months Maternity Leave - El-rufai / APC Dissolves Ebonyi State EXCO, Appoint 15-member Caretaker Committee / Bwala: Afegbua Is A Nonentity In APC, Desperately Seeking My Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.