Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,571 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP (5692 Views)

Who Has A Better Campaign Strategy? Apc Or Pdp (see Pictures And Be The Judge) / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Demdem(m): 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
solomonkane:

BAYELSA: Three successive P.D.P governors i.e. Alams, GEJ, Sylva were all disastrous. Haven't been to Bayelsa in a while so can't make informed comments about Dickson.

the Thief Alams is still the best governor so far in bayelsa. His people still worship him. the retardeen was a disaster when he was a governor.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by bumtos(m): 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
PDP. Better than any parties.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
So AFAM has been schooled on this thread again

So which thread is he moving to continue his BIGOTRY
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by gregg2: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
PDP is more trustworthy by miles. They are more democratic than Asiwaju Criminals of Nigeria (ACN)
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by banjul01: 8:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
They are birds of a feather.Both parties are families of thieves.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by seanet02: 9:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
dayokanu:

I know I am just helping him to self diagnose his dementia

He is also intellectually inferior and epitomize what wrong with the Nigerian educational system where dolts like him speak a lot and assume they are making sense.

I think he should relocate to the celebrity section and debate about Tonto Dikehs new dress
Tonto Dikeh lol
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by dayokanu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
seanet02: Tonto Dikeh lol

See as he don pick race after being schooled for the umpteenth time today
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by solomonkane(m): 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
Demdem:

the Thief Alams is still the best governor so far in bayelsa. His people still worship him. the retardeen was a disaster when he was a governor.

Demdem I will have to disagree with you there, his popularity is as a result of his being perceived as someone who brought development to his community; Amassoma by giving them NDU same as Ibori is popular in Oghara due to the link bridge he built and his sharing of money. Achievement wise, Alams was a big failure and the one who started the rot in Bayelsa under the current democratic dispensation.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Dtwoabbey(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Accord party, tested and confirmed most especially in Oyo state. Now, it is turn of personality not party. ACN and PDP are birds of the same feathers.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Demdem(m): 11:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
solomonkane:

Demdem I will have to disagree with you there, his popularity is as a result of his being perceived as someone who brought development to his community; Amassoma by giving them NDU same as Ibori is popular in Oghara due to the link bridge he built and his sharing of money. Achievement wise, Alams was a big failure and the one who started the rot in Bayelsa under the current democratic dispensation.

No doubt u have an excellent point. Remember i did say his people, he did nothing tangible considering the enormous wealth accruing to the state in my opinion.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by ThinkRait: 12:35am On Dec 15, 2012
Structurally,
PDP is a national party controlled by leaders from every part of the country. ACN is a semi-regional party controlled by a few powerful men.

Performance wise,
Both parties have the good and the bad but PDP with its natural spread, has more diverse groups of underperformers.

A Shehu Shema of Katsina is comparable to a Fashola of Lagos.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by ThinkRait: 12:46am On Dec 15, 2012
solomonkane:

In my opinion, Ibori was one of the best performing Governors of his time., better than Tinubu, better than Odili.

Fashola's popularity today is due to the position of Lagos as the headquarters of the Nigerian media. Some Northern governors may be better performers but the Southern media, for business reasons, would never focus on them.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by faraday77(m): 5:33am On Dec 15, 2012
ACN IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN PDP

For me I see the tinubu figure giving vision and direction to the party. Aside for curruption and Indiscipline which is inherent in every individual Nigerian,ACN is better.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Gbawe: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2012
lagcity:

Well, people like you see what they want to see - only Lagos. Look for the ekiti thread created some weeks ago and tell me that small state isn't doing more than the large states. Ekiti has done so well that one can not even compare her to ebonyi , nassarawa and zamfara, which were all created simultaneously. We can only compare with older bigger states and it still beats them.

That is why I never indulge folks like him when they say "what have ACN State done". People of his ilk are not ready for the truth because of their sectional, clannish and perhaps ethnic agenda which means their negative and wrong conclusions about others is guaranteed and nothing you say or show will change their opinion.

Can he pretend to be blind to all that has been revealed here, with pictures, about the performance of Amosun, Fayemi and co? You still will not change the opinion of some if you took the time to show that , in Ogun, brand new hospitals are being built, a BRT scheme was started, teachers are being assisted with car loans, every student now get free quality books, high quality roads are being constructed, exemplary APC's were bought to fight crime, 500 transformers delivered to aid electrification,several modern markets under construction, a mechanic village under construction, loans being made available to budding entrepreneurs, aggressive effort being made to attract investment and industry to the state etc, etc, etc,etc.

Yet you will still see this character repeat the same BS question on another thread. In the end those who are wise realise why his sort love to spread the lie that "only Fashola is working". Even then it is still his ilk who ungraciously continue to call Fashola a flower planter to date while accolades flow in for the Lagos governor from all over the world. This is why I will not waste my time indulging the likes of Afam4eva.

Ultimately, this is what I hate most about NL i.e a congregation of hardened and clannish folks who are happy to lie to themselves and others. We can all have our differences as is natural in life but not to the point of lying or pretending never to see what is good or praiseworthy about others. Anyone not into mischief will readily admit that more should be done but ACN Governors are doing far, far better than their PDP predecessor. People are being showed delivered infrastructure and ongoing construction daily , never attempted by PDP Governors in power for 8 -12 years, yet they mischievously want to taint other Party's with non-performance because they have clannishly and ethnically embraced the hopeless Party of GEJ that , aside a few performing governors, is a big disappointment at the centre since 1999. A bit like the woman with an ugly child who goes around calling everyone else's children ugly to feel good about her situation and her lot.

The excerpt below puts things in perspective but two things will still continue to make some ask "what have ACN Governors done". Ethnic bigotry, since some erroneously continue to view the ACN a "Yoruba Party", and the notion the black man does not like to read.

http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/more-features/9130-ajimobi-the-bridge-builder-.html

Perhaps, the greatest of Ajimobi’s bridge-building penchant is the Mokola flyover bridge. The stretch of road that leads from Challenge, through Ring Road, to Dugbe and through University of Ibadan to Ojoo road, is very strategic to commerce Ibadan.

It is the road that leads in and out of the Northern and Eastern parts of the country. Indeed, the road, at a conservative estimate, must be one of the most plied roads for traffic of merchandise and people. Because of the implosion in population, the Mokola axis, where four footpaths meet (apology to Ola Rotimi’s The gods are not to blame), witnessed heavy human and vehicular traffic. Governments came and went and no one had the sense of direction to halt the drift, until Ajimobi. The last time such a bridge was constructed in Oyo State was under General David Medayese Jemibewon, over 30 years ago.

Awarded to an international contractor of reputation for excellence, CCECC, that bridge is on the verge of completion, with workers working day and night. At completion, it will provide a Lagos-like feel-good feeling to the people of Oyo State, aside its ancillary role of easing traffic.

Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Gbawe: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2012
faraday77: ACN IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN PDP

For me I see the tinubu figure giving vision and direction to the party. Aside for curruption and Indiscipline which is inherent in every individual Nigerian,ACN is better.

Absolutely correct. Corruption exist in every facet of Nigerian life. Who will not pay a bribe here if it gets things moving for them? When we do that we are showing acceptance of how things work in Nigeria. It should be the same with politics. We should accept corruption is endemic in our politics. If politically sophisticated and pragmatic, we will realise the obvious. For now, we must look for those still delivering and improving on what they met on ground amidst the corruption. In this respect, the ACN is far better than the PDP.

What is most despicable about the PDP is that it is a Party that eats all the money and leaves dilapidation everywhere. Many federal roads are in a wretched state of disrepair, security very poor despite the last budget accommodating the highest allocation by far to security ever !!! Nigeria is generally sinking because PDP is corrupt and inept at the federal level. A very, very bad combination. One without the other can still work i.e corruption without ineptitude. Both together are a disaster for Nigeria and this is what the PDP is. Corrupt, inept and host to the laziest thinkers undeserving of their federal and influential position like GEJ, David Mark, Adoke-Bello et al. Yet some still discuss the PDP as if it begins and ends in their Local government, State or region.

Others, when not localising the PDP, talk of "National spread" to give the deceitful impression of inclusiveness. The talk of "national spread" about the PDP is irksome because those who tout that notion don't see what is obvious. PDP is a congregation of the wealthiest and most influential Nigerians , many from the military or uniformed class, who simply came together to secure their continuous looting of Nigeria's wealth after it became uncool and outdated for the military to hold power in Nigeria or any other African nation for that matter. Why then will the Party not have so-called National spread when it hosts the biggest and most influential thieves everywhere?

Even look at the calibre of folks becoming ACN Governors. The truth is that anyone, any Nation, any State, any political Party or any organisation that keeps persevering with merit will get it right in the end no matter what others say. This is the key to how some African Countries have made and sustained progress i.e shunning mediocrity to seek proven performers and ensuring those performers are also replaced by proven performers. The best template because it raises the bar.
Re: Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP by Tolexander: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2012
Gbawe:

Absolutely correct. Corruption exist in every facet of Nigerian life. Who will not pay a bribe here if it gets things moving for them? When we do that we are showing acceptance of how things work in Nigeria. It should be the same with politics. We should accept corruption is endemic in our politics. If politically sophisticated and pragmatic, we will realise the obvious. For now, we must look for those still delivering and improving on what they met on ground amidst the corruption. In this respect, the ACN is far better than the PDP.

What is most despicable about the PDP is that it is a Party that eats all the money and leaves dilapidation everywhere. Many federal roads are in a wretched state of disrepair, security very poor despite the last budget accommodating the highest allocation by far to security ever !!! Nigeria is generally sinking because PDP is corrupt and inept at the federal level. A very, very bad combination. One without the other can still work i.e corruption without ineptitude. Both together are a disaster for Nigeria and this is what the PDP is. Corrupt, inept and host to the laziest thinkers undeserving of their federal and influential position like GEJ, David Mark, Adoke-Bello et al. Yet some still discuss the PDP as if it begins and ends in their Local government, State or region.

Others, when not localising the PDP, talk of "National spread" to give the deceitful impression of inclusiveness. The talk of "national spread" about the PDP is irksome because those who tout that notion don't see what is obvious. PDP is a congregation of the wealthiest and most influential Nigerians , many from the military or uniformed class, who simply came together to secure their continuous looting of Nigeria's wealth after it became uncool and outdated for the military to hold power in Nigeria or any other African nation for that matter. Why then will the Party not have so-called National spread when it hosts the biggest and most influential thieves everywhere?

Even look at the calibre of folks becoming ACN Governors. The truth is that anyone, any Nation, any State, any political Party or any organisation that keeps persevering with merit will get it right in the end no matter what others say. This is the key to how some African Countries have made and sustained progress i.e shunning mediocrity to seek proven performers and ensuring those performers are also replaced by proven performers. The best template because it raises the bar.
Epistle of Gbawe to Faraday777

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Goodluck Jonathan Drinking Alcohol / Just Look At What I Saw on AIT Television (pics) / Governor Akeredolu Bags African Governor Award For Innovative Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.