Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,696 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget (8226 Views)

Nigeria May Be Unable To Repay Debt – Analysts / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari / 12 Reasons Why APC Will Be Unable To Campaign Or Get Votes In Akwa Ibom State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Ptimes: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
There are indications that the Nigeria may not be able finance its 2013 budget given the declining level of its crude oil demanded by major buyers such as the United States and the glaring fact that the nation will have to look at other light oil importers to supply its oil.

A report by Financial Derivatives Company, a diversified financial services institution, states that at present, the total crude oil imports into the U.S. (which accounted for 30 per cent and 33 per cent of Nigerian crude oil exports in 2010 and 2011 respectively with oil receipts ranging from $19bn, $31bn and $34bn in 2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively) are declining and those from Nigeria are declining at an even steeper rate as the U.S. is expected to become the world’s top oil producer by 2017 and to be possibly self-sufficient in its energy needs by 2035.

The firm said the implications of these developments are very crucial for Nigeria whose budget revenue depends on oil.

Read more: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/111156-nigeria-may-not-be-able-to-finance-2013-budget-report.html
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
For a nation that wants to depend completely on "Oil" it's not surprising.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by PosCaricature: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
We are watching!
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by elampiro(m): 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
Even when our oil had available market, what effect did it have on the economy?
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by otokx(m): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
This is a silly lie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Soulcaine(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
Either this is propaganda or our "executives" have finally finished the national cake. Can oga Jonathan pls resign now or decide not to contest in 2015. Afterall, who runs a broke country
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by inyass123(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
stupidity in its greatest dimension. diversity is imminent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Mization(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
We should fall back to Agriculture and Tourism too. We can build Nigeria and Make it a Holiday destination. Yes we can.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Neoviper147: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Soul_caine: Either this is propaganda or our "executives" have finally finished the national cake. Can oga Jonathan pls resign now or decide not to contest in 2015. Afterall, who runs a broke country

You be complete Mumu...
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
I laughed really hard.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by TBD(m): 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
Very welcome this lazy politian wil look for another alternative. Hopeless country.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Dankudi: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2012
This is the time to start working towards the return of our peanut pyramids.

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by animasaun(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
I think its high time as nation we go back and develop other mineral resources that are in large deposit around the states and leave look away from crude oil. This country is blessed beyond this mess we are going throgh (just my opinion)
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by caesaraba(m): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Who cares? What's the point of being able to finance a budget and not implementing it?
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by 50calibre(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why would they be able to finance the budget when the president uses 10 private jets, billions are spent on feeding for just a day, a senator or house of reps guy earns monthly what the president if the US earns anually, when the country's oil is bunkered and sold illegally on the black market, when the country is over-reliant on it oil resources and too foolish to know that it needs other sources of revenue most especially now the world is tilting towards greener energy.

It's no surprise the US demand for nigeria's crude is declining, if our government had any sense they should
have know that the US is soon going to completely rely on it own shale gas resources and crude.

The government is totally oblivious to what goes on around the world

I weep for that nation

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by heilige(m): 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
i dey laugh soft laugh. Atleast there will be less to steal. And hope 9jians will wake up.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by bigdoo: 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2012
I wish the oil dries up today so we can come back to our senses.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by alfredo4u(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2012
lets starts selling much of garri to meet up with the bubget.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
They will borrow the deficit, you think they care.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by rozayx5(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Thank God, grin grin grin
i wish this oil dries up soon, or we loose more customers, cause without that our government will not start thinking grin
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by IYANGBALI: 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
Wetn come be my own?o npe ko to ma sowo

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Wetin concern me with the budget sef?: food(cassava) N3b, mobility(private jets)$2b, another 85 seminars/conferences outside the country with 150 entourage N5b,salary for senate and house members(N10b). Money never finish?
My advise: Be watchful/prepared cos PDP will soon auction off Nigeria to the highest bidder.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by ypzilanti: 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
Alternative fuels are also coming up too. The western scientists are in the lab as we speak right now formulating alternative fuels.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Lanretoye(m): 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
I swear if this govt ppl Na person parent,I wonder if dem go fit cater for their pikin. Them fit finance 14b for VP official house,3b for their honorable dogs and all sorts bt for their electorates,blah blah blah...Amadioah punish them.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Atigba: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Don't want to hear anything about Nigeria again, i have long give up on this nation
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by ujchief(m): 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
Demand for crude will never diminish. US is not the only available market, we'll find other buyers. Other oil producing African nations such as Libya and Angola still sell their crude. Alternative sources of energy and fuel are yet to be harnessed adequately, for the meantime, crude is still the real deal, and many countries will jump at the vacancy left by the US.
Kapish?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Lanretoye(m): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
rozayx5: Thank God, grin grin grin
i wish this oil dries up soon, or we loose more customers, cause without that our government will not start thinking grin

Bros u want make dem start to dey sell bar beach water ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by ziccoit: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
2013 that GEJ promises Nigerians to see some goodies of democracy?
Another reason for nonperforming year ahead.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Lanretoye(m): 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
50calibre: Why would they be able to finance the budget when the president uses 10 private jets, billions are spent on feeding for just a day, a senator or house of reps guy earns monthly what the president if the US earns anually, when the country's oil is bunkered and sold illegally on the black market, when the country is over-reliant on it oil resources and too foolish to know that it needs other sources of revenue most especially now the world is tilting towards greener energy.

It's no surprise the US demand for nigeria's crude is declining, if our government had any sense they should
have know that the US is soon going to completely rely on it own
shale gas resources and crude.

If u like make u weep so Tay water full inside their bath tub,dem go baff inside am nooni.

The government is totally oblivious to what goes on around the world

I weep for that nation
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by jmoore(m): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
I have not felt the effect of 2012 budget.
Re: Nigeria Might Be Unable To Finance 2013 Budget by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
This is good news.......

What useless budget are we financing in the first place, when 70% of our budget is used for salary payments ( shared among thieves)?

If we can't finance the 2013 budget, then the simple solution is to make cuts.. Pay each senate and house representatives minimum wage, reduce the size of the federal government by cutting its size.

We have Minister for water, Minister of State for water, etc... What is the meaning of this rubbish? So as our revenue is predicted to decline, is it therefore wise to have all these silly ministries when we can either merge them or scrap them altogether?

If you struggling to finance your needs, cut your needs... Simple....I dont know why Mr President can't live on $4 a day... I can easily feed myself on $4 a day...

It's people like me that Nigerians want as President..... I will take no breakfast, eat a cup of rice and fish for lunch, and eat beans and bread for dinner, saving Nigerians Billions....

If I have guests in Aso Rock, they either come with their meals or drink Juice.... Likewise, foreign delegates... My country is broke, If I can't provide free school meals for all primary and secondary school students in my country, then any guest that will visit Aso rock must come with their lunch...

Would you vote for me if I ask for your vote?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Confirms 15 Resident Electoral Commissioners, 12 Others Pending / Beautiful Areas In Awka You haven't Seen (photos And Video ) / SDP Southwest House Of Assembly Candidates Declare Support For Tinubu/shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.