Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari (40693 Views)

Like Somalia Like ……. / Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by dre11(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
By Ben Agande, Abuja.
President Muhammadu Buhari in South Africa said that despite the possibility of some ‘crazy people’ trying to ensure the breakup of the country for selfish reasons, Nigeria will remain one indivisible country.
He Spoke in Johannesburg, South Africa while meeting with the Nigerian Community there.
President Buhari stated that though he would have wished to be president at a much younger age, he would still do his best to ensure that the country is moved forward.
He regretted that ‘strong men’ have destroyed institutions in Nigeria but promised that his administration would do its best to ensure that institutions bequeathed to the country by the British colonial leaders were restored.
Speaking on why he joined politics, President Buhari said he wanted to meet the expectations of the teeming masses of the people who had continued to troop to him to request for one favor or the other.
“I was afraid Nigeria might be like Somalia. The Somalis are the same people they are all Muslims but because the elites are self-centered, selfish, they have succeeded to make Somalia a war country for the last 20 years.
“For that reason I said Nigerians are much more vulnerable, we have so many nationalities no matter how you look at it, Hausa-Fulanis, Kanuris, Ishekiris, Yorubas, Igbos. We are actually people of different cultures but since 1914, we have merged inspite of religion and culture, married across, produce children and only crazy people caan think of balkanising Nigeria. But we are not short of crazy people that is the frightening part of it.

More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-was-afraid-nigeria-might-be-like-somalia-says-buhari/

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dear Lord,

I come boldly asking for Your divine safety and protection over Nigeria. You instructed us to always pray, for You are able to keep, take care of, and bring to pass the things that we commit unto You in prayer. Lord, we commit all things into Your hands. We pray that You would assign strong and mighty angels to watch over our country, cities and communities. May You encamp each one in a hedge of protection to keep safe in all their ways.

We bind Terrorist, every principality, and every spirit of darkness from hurting or harming us as a nation, in any way, by the authority of your name.

Lord, Let your wrath be upon any group of person, individual who plan to make Nigeria ungovernable or have intention of turning my beloved country to most dangerous place on earth just like Somalia.

Tuoooo, tuooooo, tito babale kotun pade senu mooo... eleyi ti mo wiyi aro aromo.

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by DULLARDipo: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
Buhari and pretense! Does he think we don't he's the cause? Chief Boko Haram

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by loomer: 6:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
The truth be say we thank God say jonathan nai loose, like say na you loose nigeria for don scatter

120 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
dey given dem voice down abeg
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2015

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by ijustdey: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
He regretted that ‘strong men’ have destroyed
institutions in Nigeria but promised that his
administration would do its best to ensure that
institutions bequeathed to the country by the
British colonial leaders were restored.

those strong men are many in PDP that they nearly hold the nation into ransom if not for GEJ that left honourably.... we would have experience a crisis in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by hadizadeezy(f): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
DULLARDipo:
Buhari and pretense! Does he think we don't he's the cause? Chief Boko Haram
OK Mr dullard

30 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by seunmsg(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2015

"... only crazy people can think of balkanising Nigeria. But we are not short of crazy people"

Kanu Nnamdi and so many of his supporters on NL comes to mind.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by DULLARDipo: 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
hadizadeezy:
OK Mr dullard
Alright, Hadjia

3 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
seunmsg:
The crazy people seeking to Balkanize Nigeria better watch. PMB won't condone any of you.
Like Boko Haram caliphate that is supporting Buhari.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by agarawu23(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
long live the president

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Islie: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
He regretted that ‘strong men’ have destroyed institutions in Nigeria but promised that his administration would do its best to ensure that institutions bequeathed to the country by the British colonial leaders were restored.

Especially those oil cabals that have milked the nation dry and still wants to milk it.......

10 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Islie: 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lalasticlala see food ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by seunmsg(m): 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
imhotep:

Like Boko Haram caliphate that is supporting Buhari.

Actually, like the Biafrans that are threatening to Balkanize Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
seunmsg:

Actually, like the Biafrans that are threatening to Balkanize Nigeria.
Add boko harams that have ALREADY balkanized the north east.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Pavore9: 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Somalia is indeed a crazy place, nothing is certain there!
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by seunmsg(m): 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
imhotep:

Add boko harams that have ALREADY balkanized the north east.

Yep, they are also included.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by blezzymoore: 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Baba, we trust you
One love
One Nigeria
One PMB

15 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
seunmsg:

Yep, they are also included.
And what is the Daura President REALLY doing about boko haram beside planning amnesty for them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by ramdris(m): 6:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
God is with us baba. No Fear unless of cos u fuucckk up
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
PMB these people are of different shades of craze. But when the country has been revived they will turn a new leaf.
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by DaGC(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
God forbid Nigeria becoming like Somalia.

The country would have split at least 3 different ways before then.

Wish still remains....
#PeacefulNigeria
#UnitedNigeria
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by Pavore9: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
ewu dullard of daura, na your children be crazy people
na your ancestors be crazy people
foolish nama rearing goat

You may hate him but nwanna wetu obi, As long as your records reflects Nigerian, He remains our President,

13 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by anulaxad(m): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
All those clamoring for succession, our president has just declared you 'crazy'. I cannot say I disagree with him as we have been one nation for over 100 years,we are too small of a nation to even think of splitting up, in fact we should be trying to claim back more land of which was taken from us by our nieghbours e.g Bakassi.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by jaybee104(m): 6:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
X
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by adioolayi(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Baba have spoken
Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
True talk. Crazy people everywhere u go.

1 Like

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
God bless the Ogbuagu of Ngwaland.

1 Like

Re: I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari by doctokwus: 6:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Orubebe comes to mind.That's one crazy elder!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blasphemy In Bauchi: ECWA Pastor Injured, Houses Burnt / Vote APC Out In 2019 If .... - Bukola Saraki's Throwback Tweet / "Obidient" Apron Shared To Market Women In Kwara State - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.