Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice (4084 Views)

Am I Making The Wrong Decision? / 3 Steps Of Making A Girl Fall In Love Without Spending / Advice- “I Allowed My Best Friend Have Sex With My Wife, Have I Made A Mistake?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
Hey,

I need some help regarding my situation:

I've broken up with my ex about a month ago. I got tired of having to do all the work (calling, sending sms, asking for skype dates,...) and I felt my bf wasn't really loving me, making so many plans but never anything really involving him. I broke up because I didn't know what else to do. It was my last attempt to make him understand that his behavior wasn't right. We got engaged last february, but I already broke up with him in April because we were having issue.

Now I'm dating a new guy. He's a friend, I've known him since January when we were volunteering on a project together. He was pushing me to take a stand and do something with my bf. I kinda knew he wanted to date me but didn't want to face it. Right after I broke up with my ex he asked me out. And I said yes because I didn't want him to feel sad. I like him, and I thought maybe it would work. We have a lot in common and we have a similar way of thinking.

But I realized I don't feel the same than I did with my ex. I really like him, but I don't really feel the "thing". For example, last night he called me while I was sleeping. It just made me angry because I was sleeping, I didn't want to wake up and talk with him. But with my ex, even when he called me while I was sleeping, I still felt happy and wanted to talk to him even though it was late and I had to go to work in the next morning. I don't feel jealous when my bf told me he's seen some girls that were looking at him, but if my ex tells me he went to club then I'll just imagine things and get jealous whenever I see a picture of him with another girl.

So I'm wondering: am I forcing myself in that relationship? I want a relationship that works, and with my ex it was very complicated because we were in a long distance relationship. And we've had issues in the past, and it's difficult to imagine how we could be together in the future. With the new bf I think things will be much easier, but I'm scared I will still be thinking about my ex.

What do you think I should do? Please, give me some mature advice.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 190theclown: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
I'm not in the mood to-talk right now
Chelsea lost so I'm really pissed off
Wait for others to-advice you

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Caracta(f): 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2012
IMO, i think you are not in love with this new guy. Don't force it because you'll end up hurting him and hurting yourself. Just let this guy go before you end up unhappy. As for your ex, if he is yours he'll come back. Give it time. He'll come around if he loves you, and if he doesn't, it's your gain.
Finally ma'am, never love out of pity.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
simple.... he's your rebound guy sad

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Mynd44: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2012
You are on the rebound. You jumped into the new relationship too fast. You did not get over your ex before starting a new one.

What you need this new guy to be is your friend and not a BF. Think about it before you drive you and him insane

2 Likes

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by dmcdad: 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
190-the-clown:
I'm not in the mood to-talk right now
Chelsea lost so I'm really pissed off
Wait for others to-advice you
You neva c nofin! Chelsea is dead! Burial rites follow immediately. Lol
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
190-the-clown: I need your advice!! Sorry that Chelsea lost :-(

You're right, I have more friendly feelings for that guy than love... But in fact I've never met him and he wants me to come visit him during the holiday, which I agreed since I wasn't going to visit my ex in Nigeria.

Regarding my ex, I talked to him the other day and he told me that if he didn't want to talk to me he wouldn't pick up my calls, but I don't know what that means for him.... And I'm not sure I want him back because the relationship was very complicated. I love him but he's very different than me and I'm scared we will never be able to make it work.

And no, I don't need a rebound guy and I don't consider my new bf as my rebound guy! I didn't want to start a new relationship now because I knew I needed time to clear things up with my ex, but that guy is too sweet, I didn't want to hurt him by saying no.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 2sexy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
OP, you again?

Na wa ooo.

The first didnt love you and you wanted to kill to have him. This one has things you can find in a responsible man, but you dont feel a thing for him.

Sometime, I feel God cheated on the female folks by wiring them wrongly, honestly.

How could a whole complete human with a well functioning brain be crazy about guys who dont value them? How? I ask because you are not the only one exhibiting this same traits.

Awon boys swags rule man. Even though I understand this in most girls to be what mos like, I cant live that kind of life, a life of deceits. But this are the kind of guys women wants. The kind of guy who has over 5 girls and care not about any of them.

So pathetic.

I think you should stay out of a relationship until you really know what you want.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by dmcdad: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
miss-sweety86:
Hey,

I need some help regarding my situation:

I've broken up with my ex about a month ago. I got tired of having to do all the work (calling, sending sms, asking for skype dates,...) and I felt my bf wasn't really loving me, making so many plans but never anything really involving him. I broke up because I didn't know what else to do. It was my last attempt to make him understand that his behavior wasn't right. We got engaged last february, but I already broke up with him in April because we were having issue.

Now I'm dating a new guy. He's a friend, I've known him since January when we were volunteering on a project together. He was pushing me to take a stand and do something with my bf. I kinda knew he wanted to date me but didn't want to face it. Right after I broke up with my ex he asked me out. And I said yes because I didn't want him to feel sad. I like him, and I thought maybe it would work. We have a lot in common and we have a similar way of thinking.

But I realized I don't feel the same than I did with my ex. I really like him, but I don't really feel the "thing". For example, last night he called me while I was sleeping. It just made me angry because I was sleeping, I didn't want to wake up and talk with him. But with my ex, even when he called me while I was sleeping, I still felt happy and wanted to talk to him even though it was late and I had to go to work in the next morning. I don't feel jealous when my bf told me he's seen some girls that were looking at him, but if my ex tells me he went to club then I'll just imagine things and get jealous whenever I see a picture of him with another girl.

So I'm wondering: am I forcing myself in that relationship? I want a relationship that works, and with my ex it was very complicated because we were in a long distance relationship. And we've had issues in the past, and it's difficult to imagine how we could be together in the future. With the new bf I think things will be much easier, but I'm scared I will still be thinking about my ex.

What do you think I should do? Please, give me some mature advice.
@bolded.. That was the genesis of your predicament...

Don't have much time to spare now, I would have told you what to do..

Well, I believe there are people that have better things to tell you. Just hang on.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by k2039: 2:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
Op, your thread as been flogged, I dont have any other thing to say except that I hope you make use of the advice given to you.

I agree with dmcdad, 2sexy, Mynd_44 and Caracta. Be wise, listen and act on their recomendations.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
Use ur brains chick, if u dont feel any love/somethin for him then get da fuuk outta da relationship.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Caracta(f): 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
dmcdad:
@bolded.. That was the genesis of your predicament... .
I agree with you.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2012
It's not that I don't feel anything for that guy... It's just that I don't feel the same than I did with my ex... Maybe I need more time to fall in love, or develop feelings of love for someone that he did.

As for my ex, I don't really know what he wants... Very complicated relationship....
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Caracta:
I agree with you.

yes, I know that I should have told him to wait... Now I'm stuck and I don't wanna hurt him.... Guess I should wait until I spend some time with him and see how it goes...
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 2sexy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
dmcdad:
@bolded.. That was the genesis of your predicament...

Don't have much time to spare now, I would have told you what to do..

Well, I believe there are people that have better things to tell you. Just hang on.

The best thing she should do is just to stay out of a relationship for now. Another problem she has is not taking the time to careful evaluate the state of things, what she wants, is the person really worth the time, is he real, how do I see myself in the next few months with this person. etc.

She really needs to a serious leak proof soul searching because going by what I know about the OP, she is the cause of her predicaments in cases like this wherein she of failed to do her home work properly.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
2sexy:

The best thing she should do is just to stay out of a relationship for now. Another problem she has is not taking the time to careful evaluate the state of things, what she wants, is the person really worth the time, is he real, how do I see myself in the next few months with this person. etc.

She really needs to a serious leak proof soul searching because going by what I know about the OP, she is the cause of her predicaments in cases like this wherein she of failed to do her home work properly.

Can you stop being patronizing?? Because you don't know anything about me but you still judge me.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Mynd44: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
miss-sweety86:

yes, I know that I should have told him to wait... Now I'm stuck and I don't wanna hurt him.... Guess I should wait until I spend some time with him and see how it goes...
No tell him you need some time to clear your head

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 2sexy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2012
miss-sweety86:

Can you stop being patronizing?? Because you don't know anything about me but you still judge me.
your past post says a lot about how you handle relationship lady because I commented on that that thread where you first complained about your agbero boyfriend.

I am trying to help here. if you dont want it, I can stay off. after all, the truth is bitter, they say.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by KachiKel(m): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
it would be best that you told your new bf to hold off a bit,yes you started a new thing already,but its best you ask him for a time off to set your feet on the ground firmly again,and within this period,if he is close by,watch him and get to know his moves,so that when you are ready,you will have full info to run with,as for your ex who has got no time for you,its good you called it off,cos it doesn't make sense been in a relationship and communication is one sided,does he think without him you can not live,good riddance.please take a time off the new one to recoup and get to investigate (know better) your new bf,lest he be wearing a mask.

Would so love to chat,or talk more about your position and what to do,cos that's what I do,relationship help and advising.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
2sexy: your past post says a lot about how you handle relationship lady because I commented on that that thread where you first complained about your agbero boyfriend.

I am trying to help here. if you dont want it, I can stay off. after all, the truth is bitter, they say.

Well, that's ony part of the story.

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by olumaxi(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
Try to quit al relatnshp matas 4 lyk 6 months

1 Like

Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
You're just using him as your rebound guy, which's unfair to him. You really shouldn't be in a r/ship right now.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 2sexy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2012
Yield: You're just using him as your rebound guy, which's unfair to him. You really shouldn't be in a r/ship right now.

I said it
olumaxi: Try to quit al relatnshp matas 4 lyk 6 months

I said it too
2sexy:
I think you should stay out of a relationship until you really know what you want.

and there it is
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Flashaldrin(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
Either you're a kid or you aint good looking! Why the hell are you in two back to back online LDR's
I cant even keep friends in an LDR not to talk of girlfriend! Nawa ooo
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by omega25red(m): 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
joeydozzy: simple.... he's your rebound guy sad
beyond him being your rebound, you have been conditioned to doing all the work in the relationship and now that someone is giving you what you were missing, you don't know how to appreciate it. you should have taken time off of dating before you agreed to go out with this guy. Try to make it work by talking out your feelings with him.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2012
Flashaldrin: Either you're a kid or you aint good looking! Why the hell are you in two back to back online LDR's
I cant even keep friends in an LDR not to talk of girlfriend! Nawa ooo

Stupid assumptions! You clearly don't know anything about, and have really now idea how I look like!! It's not because you can't keep a friendship with someone who lives far away from you than nobody can't! I have many friends in every part of the world and I maintain a very close relationship with some of them. Distance and time don't always matter.

My ex and I were living in Malaysia until I came back to Europe in April, and he went back to NIgeria this summer. That's why we were in a long distance relationship. I was finishing my thesis at that time. My new boyfriend lives in Europe but not in the same country.

And I agree long distance relationships are difficult, that's why I broke up with my ex, but for the moment I don't know how to get closer to any of these guys because I can't decide to go in a country if I'm not sure I will be able to secure a job there.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
omega25red: beyond him being your rebound, you have been conditioned to doing all the work in the relationship and now that someone is giving you what you were missing, you don't know how to appreciate it. you should have taken time off of dating before you agreed to go out with this guy. Try to make it work by talking out your feelings with him.

you're probably right.... also sometimes I find him a bit overwhelming.... it's hard to find the right balance....
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2012
2sexy:

I said it

I said it too

and there it is

can you stop being so arrogant, that's really annoying!
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by 2sexy(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
miss-sweety86:

you're probably right.... also sometimes I find him a bit overwhelming.... it's hard to find the right balance....

Then by all means, make it work... may be you should communicate with him and make him understand how you feel.

I understand how you feel now, but if this guy is what you say he is, they are hard to come by. you should make the best of it.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by UjSizzle(f): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2012
You said yes cos u didn't want him to feel sad sounds a lot like dating out of pity to me.
It seems you aren't over your ex yet, so get out of any relationship u're in now and clear ur head.
I'm no expert in this but I'll say you need to hangout with people and let someone spoil you a bit, u've worked too hard keeping ur previous relationship hun, it's time to take a breather before jumping into another.
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by deshclones(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
Walahi 2sexy don get sense finish...his first post is so on point...kudo bro..

@op...smh...you have again proved that gals love badt boys that don't give a hoot about them..but denigrate nd despise the good responsible caring nd loving guys...thanks for giving we guys the headsup...have learnt a thing or two from your post...just free d guy..let him go..nd keep drooling after your ex..
Re: Am I Making A Mistake? Need Some Advice by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
uj_sizzle: You said yes cos u didn't want him to feel sad sounds a lot like dating out of pity to me.
It seems you aren't over your ex yet, so get out of any relationship u're in now and clear ur head.
I'm no expert in this but I'll say you need to hangout with people and let someone spoil you a bit, u've worked too hard keeping ur previous relationship hun, it's time to take a breather before jumping into another.

You're probably right, but since I came back from Malaysia I have been working very hard to complete my thesis, and then not even a month after I submitted it I started an internship, which doesn't leave me any time to see my friends and to have a sort of a social life... Plus I don't live in the same country anymore, and it's very hard to meet people here.... Maybe by spending some time with that guy I will get over my ex.... He's a very nice guy and he seems to really care about me... When I started dating my ex last year I wasn't completely over from my previous ex (it was a very complicated relationship and due to unfortunate circumstances it took me quite a while to get over it), but then by spending time with my bf I started to think less about my ex, and I got over him.

(1) (2) (3) (4)

LADIES; Is This The SIX PACKS You Trip For In A Man? Photos / Is She Mad Yes Or No ????? / 9 Important Questions About MASTURBATION Answered ( A Must View )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.