Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? (14863 Views)

What Actually Happened At Akiolu’s Palace; Why We Clapped, Laughed – Punch / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Is Nigeria's Problem Bad Leadership Or Weak "followership"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2012
Apart from the boko haram menace that has claimed most of the deaths in 2012, that of crashes has also joined. Just the last half of the year 2012, nigeria has recorded 4 crashes. That of DANA airline killing 158 on board and over 40 on ground, Oil company Helicopter killing some foreign Investors and Oil Mogul, private jet of taraba state governor Danbaba Suntai leaving him Brain-damaged and yesterday's air mishap at bayelsa killing former NSA rtd. Gen. Andrew Owoye Azazi and Executive and first christian governor of kaduna state, Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa among Others. Now in your own views, what actually is the problem? Is it PDP? Is it ACN? Is it the North? Is it the South? Is it the East? Is it the West? Is it 1914 Amalgamation? Is it 1967 civil war? Is it the sins of the Nation? Is it GEJ? Is it OBJ? Is it Buhari? Is it Me? grin Is it the Pastors(those in disguise) and the judges? But on a serious Note, is much, what do you think?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
1914 Amalgamation

7 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Caseless: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
PDP

PDP

PDP

PDP

LEADERSHIP: this we lack at all level of gov't in this country

MILITARY HEAD OF STATES: IBB takes the larger share here, infact, he was the architect of our 'modern day nigeria's problem'

OBJ:he contributed alot to our problems cos he knew our problems and solutions , but refused to solve them

GEJ:he dosn't know what is the problem and cannot identify solution when he sees one(cluelessness).

PDP: this defines, dictates and carries all the problems....it is an embodiment of our problems.

15 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by christemmbassey(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
The pastors and the court judges
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
christemmbassey: The pastors and the court judges
Ori e Wambe(ur head is there). I 4got to add that, would modify now. Thanks.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
caseless: PDP

PDP

PDP

PDP

MILITARY HEAD OF STATES: IBB takes the larger share here, infact, he was the architect of our 'modern day nigeria's problem'

OBJ:he contributed alot to our problems cos he knew our problems and solutions , but refused to solve them

GEJ:he dosn't know what is the problem and cannot identify solution when he sees one(cluelessness).

PDP: this defines, dictates and carries all the problems....it is an embodiment of our problems.

Facts, infact take

1000 likes

3 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by tawa89(f): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
We need to go back to regionalization .This system of government has failed us but we keep trying to make it work wit no or negligible success.Decongest the centre, make the members of our National Assembly to be on part time and be given allowance per sitting each region will develop their region and remit some percentage to d centre wit all these development will be competitive and even . We have to change our system of government if we don't do this even if u put pope benedict xii as commander in chief he will still fail us

8 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Caseless: 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
Slizbeat:

Facts, infact take

1000 likes
thank u, bro!
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Caseless: 3:18pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039: 1914 Amalgamation
lawdamawssi! K2039, u are bigger than this observation.......modify pls.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nkonadi(m): 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
We need to support ourselves... The Govt Shouldnt Be Left Alone To Do Everything...

Peace... We Need Devine InterVention

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
caseless: lawdamawssi! K2039, u are bigger than this observation.......modify pls.

As much as I wont want Nigeria to break up, ethnic bigotry has been a big issue with the country. This is one reason why we have a big problem with leadership in the nation.

E.g: Notherners clamouring for a nothern president irrespective of wether he is the best man for the job or not.

3 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by omenka(m): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our greatest problem is us!

9 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Afam4eva(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2012
Our problem is that we're yet to be a nation. Who is a Nigerian? That's the question begging for answers.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039:

As much as I wont want Nigeria to break up, ethnic bigotry has been a big issue with the country. This is one reason why we have a big problem with leadership in the nation.

E.g: Notherners clamouring for a nothern president irrespective of wether he is the best man for the job or not.

good, i love it when facts are given to back up ones view.
1000 likes

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
Civilian rule
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
tawa89: We need to go back to regionalization .This system of government has failed us but we keep trying to make it work wit no or negligible success.Decongest the centre, make the members of our National Assembly to be on part time and be given allowance per sitting each region will develop their region and remit some percentage to d centre wit all these development will be competitive and even . We have to change our system of government if we don't do this even if u put pope benedict xii as commander in chief he will still fail us

Also good but dont you think going back would complicate issues more? And we are at computer age, more struggle and suffering b4 things can change which i dont know if most people are ready to undergo.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
omenka: Our greatest problem is us!

at the bolded, Most of Us should be better used, atleast we still have good ones amongst us.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nkonadi: We need to support ourselves... The Govt Shouldnt Be Left Alone To Do Everything...

Peace... We Need Devine InterVention

Sorry, but havent we being supporting ourselves? As a matter of fact, the private sector is doing better than any Other Sector including the government.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
sheyie2007: Civilian rule

Do you prefer the military? With its brutality? Why?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by AKMoney1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
Nigeria problems are Corruption and Corruption plus Corruption.

3 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by anulaxad(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
why you all so unfit we have the best rules and laws in the world and i will know i studied law the problem we have is simple our leader our leader is coward to help and just eats our money our problem at the end of the day is black people were very corrupt I wont be because i'm born and raised in Europe but the mentality is in Africa its just undeniable thank you with all my respects your opinions are very valuable
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Slizbeat(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
afam4eva: Our problem is that we're yet to be a nation. Who is a Nigerian? That's the question begging for answers.

Is as a result of jealousy and ignorance that makes the question unanswerable. Whenever one who is from this region, invests in that region and is much successful than the origins of that region, they inturn gets jealous and complains "go bk 2 ya land, dis z ma fatherland" neglecting the fact that being Nigerian means "freedom to live and invest anywhere in Nigeria". Thats ma opinion to what makes that question unanswered.

4 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Afam4eva(m): 4:42pm On Dec 16, 2012
k2039:

Ethnic group itself is just one of the problems and is not the root cause of Nigeria's problems. Like i said, lack of nationhood is the problem. Nigeria is an amalgamation of different people without having a purpose. We have to define who we are and want to be and put in place machinery to actualize it. That's why people have been clamoring for a Sovereign National conference.

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by almajiri101: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
If you ask me...abeg Na who I go ask?
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
islam
islam
islam
islam
islam

6 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by k2039: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
Op, one thing you will realise from all comments above is that every single point you listed has had a tremendous negative effect on the nation.

Most people have justified the reasons for their answers and they are right.

So, all factors has brought our nation to where it's today.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by ITbomb(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
The structure of the country, our problem started when the states were created and federal character n zoning began.
This brought corruption as each cover their own to protect their stakes in the structure.
Ethnicity then breed cos of that, then every other problem came.
We don't need a breakup, what we need is the Federation of Nigeria, where each zones develop with the resources it has.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by methodman(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
RELIGION angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
caseless: PDP

PDP

PDP

PDP

GBAM!!! exactly what it is.
Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by claremont(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
1. Religion
2. Corruption

3 Likes

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
DEUTERONOMY 28 CURSES. WE ARE IN HELL. THATS OUR PROBLEM AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE IN HELL TILL OUR PENANCE IS OVER. I DONT CARE IF YOU BRING IN BILL GATES TO RUN NIGERIA, YOU CANT FIGHT AGAINST PROPHESY

1 Like

Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
I believe Nigeria's problems will be half solved if the literacy rate can be increased to a formidable 99% just as we have in China and other western countries.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Celebrates Her 58th Birthday Today / Dino Melaye: Why I Built Chapel In Honour Of My Late Mother / Dele Momodu: Alhaji Atiku Abubakar And The Verdict Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.