Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,114 members, 7,845,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials (7481 Views)

David Mark Bags Chieftaincy Title In Ohimini, Benue (pics) / FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles / FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by greatgod2012(f): 1:53am On Dec 17, 2012
babyosisi: When is he starting the implementation of slicing off the blokoss of rapeests
Or have they started already

Please someone tell me ,is ogbeni not a chieftaincy tile?

with this, im sure you are not from yorubaland.
Ogbeni is the yoruba meaning of "mr"
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by kaffy4tope(m): 3:21am On Dec 17, 2012
To be sincere, am liking this Gov everyday. You need come to Osogbo. Osogbo is fast becoming a small London thru what dis Ogbeni is doing in d state.
As per prohibition of chifetaincy titles, I guess he was actually not comfortable with so many chieftaincy titles being honored on almost all commissioners in his cabinet now.
Only on saturday, the state Commisioner for Information and Strategy, "Chief" Sunday Akere, and his wife, were installed Oluomo and Yeye Oluomo of IgbajoLand. That makes it the 3rd time he will be installed such chieftaincy title and like two honorary degrees since inception of this government.
Imagine, the Gov himself is answering "Ogbeni(Mr), while his cabinet members were busy receiving chieftaincy titles, thereby spending lavishly and unnecessarily wasting the public funds meant for their ministries. Nice move Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by klas(m): 4:25am On Dec 17, 2012
Billyonaire:
2. Memo has a mistake, its spelt 'Until' not 'Untill".

At the risk of digressing from the object of the thread, to be frank, the circular is 'ungubernatorial' (to adapt Okadigbo's words)

What is "Circular Letter"? A circular is a letter meant for general circulation. Why the tautology in a correspondence emanating from a state's highest office.

The addressee section of the circular makes it look more like an internal memo within the government house. Normally it should have been routed through the office of the secretary to the state government that has the responsibility to enforce the policy since it is government-wide issue (or through the head of service if it affects only civil servants) and copied to properly named office holders. EXCO is colloquial and not an acronym known to the constitution, so should not feature in official letter especially from the governor's office.

The appropriate apostrophe before Gboyega should be the closing one since it is to show that some letters are left out before the G

The circular really look 'oluwoleish' as you said.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Jerie(m): 5:09am On Dec 17, 2012
klas:

At the risk of digressing from the object of the thread, to be frank, the circular is 'ungubernatorial' (to adapt Okadigbo's words)

What is "Circular Letter"? A circular is a letter meant for general circulation. Why the tautology in a correspondence emanating from a state's highest office.

The addressee section of the circular makes it look more like an internal memo within the government house. Normally it should have been routed through the office of the secretary to the state government that has the responsibility to enforce the policy since it is government-wide issue (or through the head of service if it affects only civil servants) and copied to properly named office holders. EXCO is colloquial and not an acronym known to the constitution, so should not feature in official letter especially from the governor's office.

The appropriate apostrophe before Gboyega should be the closing one since it is to show that some letters are left out before the G

The circular really look 'oluwoleish' as you said.

As the circular dey 'oluwoleish'reach, those wey dem name dey on top don talk, if you no like am, enter helicopter go PH. Siddon there dey talk grammar. Those wey no sabi am reach you na dem dey Government House.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Akbee(m): 5:57am On Dec 17, 2012
i know mr are is trying to curb corruption;this isnt enough though.THERE ARE MANY MORE RIVERS TO CROSS,PEOPLE TO CONVINCE,PLACES TO GO.infact the fight against corruption in Nigeria is not as simple as the game of chess.it needs more hands,more resources plus any oda weapons of corrution reduction(Wcr).
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by markus1133: 6:05am On Dec 17, 2012
risky ..
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by floriana(m): 6:23am On Dec 17, 2012
What if the title is well deserved and the intended recipient while waiting to retire dies shortly before retirement. Does it mean he will have to go to the grave without taking along his due chieftaincy title?
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 17, 2012
I don't like aregbe the teblik governor and all his O'PROPAGANDA (how I wish his works speaks for him instead) but I think this is a brilliant idea.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by klas(m): 6:53am On Dec 17, 2012
Jerie:

As the circular dey 'oluwoleish'reach, those wey dem name dey on top don talk, if you no like am, enter helicopter go PH. Siddon there dey talk grammar. Those wey no sabi am reach you na dem dey Government House.

No be afta im don write am finish, im commissioner for information go igbajo go add oluomo title join akinrogun wey he hold before. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 17, 2012
King Jona will emulate soon this should be for the whole nation
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by skyfall: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2012
T-smooth:
What is the wisdom behind this law? I dnt think is commendable.

People use it to compromise and lobby for favors from public officials. Of course at the expense of the public.

So it's a good move. I personally see it as an unnecessary frivolity.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Exponental(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2012
I feel happy when a polician speaks my mind......this shld be made a national thing

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2012
Chai, so no more O Chief titles

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by free2ryhme: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2012
3itNg: I see nothing wrong with Office holders receiving well deserved awards and chieftaincy titles..

how would you see anything wrong? These titles are indiscriminately awarded and are not based on merit and conferred on the highest bidder/spender. Most awardees steal govt funds to pursue such activities at the expense of doing the right when in govt office...
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2012
skyfall:

People use it to compromise and lobby for favors from public officials. Of course at the expense of the public.

So it's a good move. I personally see it as an unnecessary frivolity.

Gbam. Well said. That O Governor is confused, don't he have more pressing issues to address than to waste time on this O Chief stuff
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by olaideadedoyin(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2012
Its good idea, if all our Govtment can act on it
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by jydeboy: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2012
Hmnnn...
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by KBrown: 8:00am On Dec 17, 2012
floriana: What if the title is well deserved and the intended recipient while waiting to retire dies shortly before retirement. Does it mean he will have to go to the grave without taking along his due chieftaincy title?

Guy, u just made me laugh out loud! So u really believe a man needs chieftainccy titles in his grave.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by vanstanzy(m): 8:12am On Dec 17, 2012
Is that a good thing?
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by sundaybam(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2012
Nice move.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 17, 2012
Me suggest it is about time Hon. Sunday Akere the obvious target of the letter -he's taken at least two titles at the last count- do some damage control before the Governor stigmatises him!
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by mapet: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2012
Is chieftaincy title a must? Besides there are post-humous awards given, so the dead's name is not wiped out. But pray tell, how is a Chieftiancy title a well-deserved honour to a serving civil servant, commissioner, special assistant etc? are they not doing the job they are paid for?

The wisdom in this move is that, if the intended recipients so deserves the award, getting it after the tenure is a mark that it was in recognition of what he did serving the state. We know that may at times, these awards and chieftaincies are given by Kings who have also taken gratifications. I mean wtf is "Oluomo of Igbajoland" (se oye tan ni)

floriana: What if the title is well deserved and the intended recipient while waiting to retire dies shortly before retirement. Does it mean he will have to go to the grave without taking along his due chieftaincy title?
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by mapet: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2012
Trust 9ja....we speak from all openings of the body... grin grin grin grin
GARRI (x7):
I think it is excessive, however i understand the motive and I think it is commendable...
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by ujukala: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2012
This is quite commendable, Ogbeni.
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by garrix8: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2012
mapet: Trust 9ja....we speak from all openings of the body... grin grin grin grin

A f00l on the loose.. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by OsunOriginal: 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: South West has laid/is laying good examples its time other geo-political zones follow our footstep.

Igbos should learn from this...
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
Tell us when his state gets 24 hr electricity,running water,healthcare ,good education and when his youths are gainfully employed and pensions are paid to seniors on time
This man too like publicity
Aregbesola feeds children coco yam
Aregbesola to cut off penis of rapeests
Aregbesola to enforce dress code with his Osun sharia
It is not Osun state but state of Osun
E don do
Give the people good governance and alleviate their suffering,that is what they want not all this media publicity that will not put food in any mouths
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by luq4u(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nice one ogbeni, the crusade for better nigeria ll start from little things like this
Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by mapet: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
....well next time think b
garri (x8):

Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by mapet: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
grin....well next time think b4 you fhart.... grin
garri (x8):

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Rescue Kidnapped Briton In Lagos / Breaking News About Buhari! / We Won’t Deploy INEC Officials To Danger Zones – Okoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.