Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Just Call And Say "I Love You" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Call And Say "I Love You" (2882 Views)

Three Most Beautiful Words Cherished By A Married Woman Apart From I Love You / How Can Someone Cheat On You BUT Still Say They Love You? / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 17, 2012
A friend of mine inspired me this morning. When you have been married for a while or have kids, we sometimes take things for granted.
This morning I just called Hubby, No story, No complains, no Children Matter, Just told him, I Love You, lol. First thing he said was "Okay what did I do", I said "Nothing dear, I just Love you and appreciate you", Next thing was "Okay what do you want for Christmas" Lol, after 4 or 5 more questions he finally agreed that the call was really just to say I love Him.

3 Likes

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2012
Lol . . . I can imagine! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by jhydebaba(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2012
I'll call my wife immediately to tell her "I love her", simple!

the last time I said something like that was on our wedding day

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2012
Aawwwww, we really do forget the simple things don't we? Nigeria harsh sha.
Lol, Uju, am sure the poor man is still cracking his brain wondering what Madam is up to. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by greatgod2012(f): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2012
jhydebaba: I'll call my wife immediately to tell her "I love her", simple!

haba! You sound unromantic!
Thanks to debrief for opening this thread.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by greatgod2012(f): 10:28am On Dec 17, 2012
@ debrief, thanks for this thread, its a very good thing, its like when one is renewing one's promise and commitment, but for those who are not used to it before, they will think their partner want to demand for something.
May God help us o

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2012
debrief08: Aawwwww, we really do forget the simple things don't we? Nigeria harsh sha.
Lol, Uju, am sure the poor man is still cracking his brain wondering what Madam is up to. Lol.
grin grin grin grin
Me I won't even bother. No matter what I say he's going to assume I'm just saying it cos of the Xmas present he got me yesterday!

2 Likes

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2012
@debrief08 pardon my curiousity, re u a Councillor? I have a reason for asking!!
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just did exactly the same thing this morning, and 23rd is my birthday! off course we talked everyday on skype, phone since he travelled...but this was an exception. I cant believe the gift am getting for birthday/xmas combo!

This surprise ILY (I Love you) call works wonders.

Dancing Azonto

2 Likes

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2012
Lol Uju I can Imagine.
Greatergood, we say I love you oh, infact sometimes I just look at him at start praising him and watch his head swell and have the biggest smile ever, but sometimes we get so busy and forget things like this, especially now with his course, my new office, baby etc, so many things to always call and talk about.

Wizee, no I am not oh, just have some experience which by Gods help worked out to help me get better.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 17, 2012
nyc thread
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by feminineA: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks debrief for the wake up call. Yes we do take things for granted due to over familiarity.
Will do same
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2012
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
@debrief08 Ok.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 18, 2012
jhydebaba: I'll call my wife immediately to tell her "I love her", simple!

Bro! shocked grin
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by jhydebaba(m): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2012
chaircover:

At least he is being honest grin and if he did what he said he will do, there will be a very happy & pleasantly surprised Mrs jhydebaba wink

Yeah! U re right. When I called her, she was like this is a wrong number grin I cut the phone and she called me back saying some1 used my number just now to tell her that he loves her. I told her I'm the one, she never believed me, she also claimed that I'm seeing some1 else (as in, I mistakenly dialed her number). She was indeed surprised cheesy
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by jhydebaba(m): 8:11am On Dec 18, 2012
chaircover:

eeeyaaaaa . . . . . But I trust that once she was certain that the "I love you" was meant for her and her alone, mrs jhydebaba gave you a different flavour last night cool grin
I got a diff dose. She is just crying foul. I never knew she kept a record of how many "I Love U" I have said to her. She said what I can't say to her, I say to my girlfriends. Infact, it was trouble for me. I was like, if I had known, I would have allowed sleeping dogs lie (as in, I shouldn't have said it in the fist place).

I now have to tell her "I Love U" every now and then just to convince her cheesy
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2012

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 18, 2012
jhydebaba: I got a diff dose. She is just crying foul. I never knew she kept a record of how many "I Love U" I have said to her. She said what I can't say to her, I say to my girlfriends. Infact, it was trouble for me. I was like, if I had known, I would have allowed sleeping dogs lie (as in, I shouldn't have said it in the fist place).

I now have to tell her "I Love U" every now and then just to convince her cheesy

Lion dey sleep, trouble go wake am...You are in trouble...you have to continue like this oh..hhahahha, anytime you stop. wahala!

grin
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Odunnu: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2012
It magical o. Hehehehe. Even though I get to say it as a sign off after calls, I said it now, made it the entire theme of the call and signed off with it too.
I can still hear his laughter ooo. Choi!!

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2012
jhydebaba: I got a diff dose. She is just crying foul. I never knew she kept a record of how many "I Love U" I have said to her. She said what I can't say to her, I say to my girlfriends. Infact, it was trouble for me. I was like, if I had known, I would have allowed sleeping dogs lie (as in, I shouldn't have said it in the fist place).

Just show her this thread.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2012

grin grin grin grin

Trouble dey sleep, iyanga go wake am! cheesy
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Odunnu: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2012
LMAO @Jhyde.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2012
Haven't laughed so much in a long while. Jydebaba I feel for your wife, you need to start romance 101 with her, She is obviously really starved of that. Then the issue of girlfriends, Hmmm, a Million I Love yous will not calm her down if she feels you are cheating.
I commend you for this step, and I really hope you step it up and do more so you enjoy the bliss of love and romance, seems madam has resigned herself
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2012
Reminds me of a Hausa Proverb " Wani za yi rawa za a bashi kudi, wani zai yi sai ya sha duka", someone will dnace and be sprayed, another will dance and be flogged.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Joebeck(f): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2012
I do say it once in a while then but his reply will be sweetheart, pls I don't have any money to give u at the moment. But now I say it almost every day, for him to kno that is not all about money, so he is now use to it.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by blank(f): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2012
My husband says it a lot but i say it very sparingly. I feel when it is said daily (like my husband does), it loses the appeal it once had and sounds like rote. I feel it should be used on occassion so that it doesnt lose that "specialness".

1 Like

Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Tgirl4real(f): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2012
jhydebaba:
Yeah! U re right. When I called her, she was like this is a wrong number grin I cut the phone and she called me back saying some1 used my number just now to tell her that he loves her. I told her I'm the one, she never believed me, she also claimed that I'm seeing some1 else (as in, I mistakenly dialed her number). She was indeed surprised cheesy

Awwwww...dis is sad. grin grin grin

It means u need to do it more often now that you have started. Say it to her and let her know u mean it.
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Tgirl4real(f): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2012

Awww....

U need to have a heart 2 heart chat with her and reaffirm your love (commitment). Let her know you've taken things for granted between you 2 by not telling her how much you loved her often enough, but it deosn't change the koko that you love her and will always do. Get her a gift to accompany this chat and melt her heart away. cheesy
Though she's crying foul, deep down she's happy u r changing. I won't be surprised if she's started calling her friend and pastor to come and see what the Lord has done in her home. grin grin grin
Re: Just Call And Say "I Love You" by Mrsmansson(f): 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2012
my hubby says" I love u baby"most times but am always shy to reply especially if am in a public place.I just reply "OK" and end the caLl immediately.he calls back and say"baby I said I love u,did u get me?"And I might start Laughing or pretend like its a network problem.pls don't judge me O its just that I get too uncomfortable replying "I love you too"in a public place,but if am alone or with few friends I initiate the "I love you " call

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me What Shud I Do My Husband Does Not Want Us To Stay Together.. / Have Our Fears Turned Us Into A Bunch Of Sexists? / Before You Hit That Child, Please See (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.