Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,724 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou (3075 Views)

Jonathan Paid People To Attack Me – Obasanjo / Tinubu, Fashola, CAN Agree On Christian Governor 2015 / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by murphylee08: 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2012
Desperate times indeed call for desperate measures! The governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam has cried out that members of the Boko Haram sect were planning to attack him.
"Going by security reports available to me, I may be attacked any day, anywhere, anytime and this is the reason I called on you Christians to pray for me and my family".
The governor, who is a Christian, made this revelation on Monday while addressing members of NKST Church, in Makurdi, the state capital.

Governor Suswan decried a situation in which only four Christians from the north were elected governor of their states.

He said with the demise of Patrick Yakowa in a helicopter crash and the current situation of Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State, only two Christians Governors are now left standing from the north, out of 19 states in the region.
cc: http://www./boko-haram-pla…swam-cries-out/

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 17, 2012
Don't be afraid, they will not succeed. just report to police for proper action to be taken
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by abrat: 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
May thunder strike those that are planning to make this country an Islamic country & those that are trying to make it ungovernable!!!
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by okosodo: 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
Hausa moro.ns can attempt it. They are now bolder because nigerian army has refused to fight them hard
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by chessguru1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dis one that they are all going down in aircrafts. Hmm he may ave 2 avoid flying if he thinks its his turn next
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by k2039: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
Desperate times that require drastic and desperate measures.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by passion007: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
Who is the other remaining Christian Governor so we can also pray for him?
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Dumdum217(m): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
passion007: Who is the other remaining Christian Governor so we can also pray for him?
Jonah Jang of plateau state

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by omicron(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2012
Everything is prayer, prayer prayer in Nigeria. But Sir, you are the Chief Security Officer of the state. If it will now NEED prayers to ensure your safety, then the rest of the masses will be needing to actually enter Heaven in order to be safe (Safety through Death). You politicians should put our country in order. Is it not becoming clearer everyday that no one is truly safe anymore in this country, not even the President, not the Christian, not the Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
chiover: Don't be afraid, they will not succeed. just report to police for proper action to be taken
What! Did I see anything like police? I'd rather, he start laying strategies on how to out smart the c.0ws, instead of relying on the police.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by gramci: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
Arewastan I de salute o cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2012
Is Suswan sure that Benue people themselves will not want him dead? Why would BH want him dead, if he dies a Xtian person will still be the governor, same goes for Baba Jang of Plateau! Muslim will hardly be governor of those places.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by greatgod2012(f): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2012
If hes actually a true xtian, i think he should be more concerned about where he is going to spend his eternity than fearing that some sects will kill him. The truth is that,if hes not destined to die b4 d end of his regime, nobody, not even BH can succeed in killing him, but if hes destined to die, nobody can change it, no matter how strong d security system is. So its better for him to be more focussed, committed to well-doing and above all, be more prepared because alarm can blow anytime.
Goodluck to him.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by since1914(m): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gabriel Suswam should stop whipping-up religious sentiments to cover-up his inefficiency, afterall he has enough money in the security vote to protect himself even against Al-qaeda. His concern should be ensuring that the needs of the electorate that voted him are adequately catered for.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by hakanai(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
The Politically Motivated Assassination in Benue State of Celestine Tsehemba Agber
Posted: October 27, 2011 - 18:38
http://saharareporters.com/report/politically-motivated-assassination-benue-state-celestine-tsehemba-agber

By Akaa Kwagh Agber
If only he knew that the beads that he wore proudly on his neck and arm would single him out for mafia-style assassination, he would have avoided it like the plague.

Late Celestine Agber, an ACN Chieftain and staunch supporter was a man well endowed with business acumen and a good dose of human relations. He used his acumen to succeed where others failed. Defying the attractions of urban life, Agber chose to live and do business in Ugbah, the Local Government headquarters of Logo in Benue State. He set up a micro-finance operation which became the epicenter of all commercial activities in Ugbah.

His assimilation and adaptation to life in Ugbah garnered him the respect and clout of the locals. He truly liked his adopted home, and gave his all for Ugbah. Although he hails from Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State, Agber invested hugely in agriculture, property and micro-finance loans that benefitted citizens of Ugbah.

In 2007 he supported Gov. Gabriel Torwua Suswam and this won him the governor's personal recognition and admiration. Suswam's failure to develop Ugbah his own local government headquarters but instead adorned his nearby village of Gaambe with the good things of life brought friction between Gaambe and Ugondo, where Agber resided.

In 2011 when Prof. Ugbah, an Ugondo man joined the race for governor, naturally most Ugondo people queued up behind him. Agber who had resided in Ugondo for over three decades had no choice but to follow the lead of his Ugondo hosts. This was the beginning of his troubles with the government in power.

The ACN firmly took advantage of Suswam's failure and soon the message of change spread like wild fire throughout Benue State. Logo, the home of both PDP and ACN candidates became the epicenter of political activity. ACN developed a traditional style of leadership and even evolved a hierarchical structure akin to the Tiv traditional culture, represented by beads.

Following the structure, Agber was a natural choice to head the party activities. He became the de-facto Tor Party or Chief of ACN politics in Ugbah. This singular act attracted the ire of the traditional ruler of Logo, a consummate politician and PDP stalwart himself, who complained bitterly of the desecration of the traditional institution and clear usurpation of his traditional authority. Agber's financial standing gave him a clear advantage over the traditional ruler as he often held court and resolved thorny issues to the admiration of locals.

As the traditional ruler of Logo became restive, government house also became concerned about the soaring fortunes of ACN propelled by late Agber's political and business activities. When the traditional ruler complained to the paramount ruler the Tor Tiv, the Tor Tiv asked him to seek audience with the state governor and explain the details to him. He finally secured a meeting with the state governor who directed Conrad Wergba, Benue's death merchant and commissioner for Information. Conrad took charge of monitoring, planning and reporting to the Governor. A killer squad of young thugs was organized and funded by government house. In the meeting chaired by Conrad, it was agreed that Agber's business be rattled in a way that would provoke him to react.

In the days leading up to the execution, some of the young men went to government house Makurdi and returned with hard currencies, and went on a spending spree. A concerned citizen alerted the DPO to question the young men to explain their sudden wealth, only for the DPO to call him and hand him hundred dollar bill. The DPO confided in this concerned citizen that the boys gave him 200 USD.

A week later the same group were invited to Makurdi and later returned with another cache of cash and beer flooded Ugbah town all night. The next day, the boys gave the DPO a cash gift of two hundred thousand naira, out of which he gave the concerned citizen 50 thousand naira. When he asked again, the DPO asked him simply to be a cheerful receiver.

A few days passed and Agber's tipping truck was set on fire by the group in broad daylight and although the culprits were identified, the police failed to make any arrests.

The thugs warned Agber to relocate to his local government to avoid being sent back in a casket. Worried by the threats and the failure of the police to arrest the culprits, Agber went to the police to lodge a report that would be his "farewell address" to the police.

On October 13, Agber and his visiting relative were shot dead by "unknown" gunmen. The town was awoken by shouts from Agber’s home. Neighbors who rushed to offer help only came to find the duo in a pool of blood.

These are the names of Gov. Suswam’s high executioner, Commissioner Conrad Wergba’s killer squad involved in the murder of Celestine Agber and his cousin:

1. Tersoo Ambakya

2. Terzulum Nase

3. Gberindyer

4. Donald Akwer

5. Alhaji Orndiir

6. Joe B

7. Terwase Akume

8. Teryange Akume

9. Gwa Ukar

10. Sam Jiji

11. Terwase Chikor

Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by hakanai(m): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2012
http://bigglaww..com/2012/11/man-arraigned-for-attempting-to.html
Man Arraigned For Attempting To Assassinate Benue State Governor

Governor Gabriel Suswam
A man who allegedly attempted to assassinate Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State in Vandeikiya Local Government Area of the state, has been arraigned before a Makurdi Chief Margistrate’s Court. According to the First Information Report, FIR, the suspect, Wer Yima of Tse Yima Agba, Mbangul, Vandeikiya council, was on October 30 said to be armed with a locally made pistol and dressed in military camouflage when he attempted to assassinate the governor.

Reports say that he forced his way through along the direction of the governor at the palace of the Ter Kunav, where the governor was paying homage before he was arrested. Yima was also alleged to have criminally trespassed into the palace of the Ter Kunav before the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), led by Sgt Tor Geri, cornered him and took him to the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further interrogation. He was charged with conspiracy, wearing dress used by public servants, unlawful possession of firearms, criminal trespass and attempt to commit culpable homicide. The trial Magistrate, Mrs Theresa Wergba, refused to take the accused's plea for want of jurisdiction and adjourned the case to December 7 for further hearing.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by hakanai(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
http://www.thenewtimespress.com/node?page=38
^^^ read this too to follow trend of things going on in Benue.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
Dumdum217: Jonah Jang of plateau state
na him i pity pass! e don tey bokoharam dey find how to kill am.simple! they should avoid flying helicopter or private jet.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2012
emmysenior: What! Did I see anything like police? I'd rather, he start laying strategies on how to out smart the c.0ws, instead of relying on the police.
don't underestimate d power of police bro, police can stop boko haram if given d needed support o
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by gsmcoder: 10:52am On Dec 18, 2012
haka_nai: http://www.thenewtimespress.com/node?page=38
^^^ read this too to follow trend of things going on in Benue.

ka we u lu a website la ieer?
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by ypzilanti: 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2012
Suswam should practice his Christianity by developing his state.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by teskyg: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
This slowpoke should shut the Bleep up.Drunking fool and tge worst Govenor in Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by yasaa(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2012
This is the most irresponsible statement I've ever heard. Make no mistake Gov Gabriel Suswam is an agent of the devil. He belongs to the devil's territory and the cabal (PDP) that has been destroying this country. If we give them the chance by acting based on our sentiments rather than reality, PDP will do anything at all cost to divide Nigerian People. Some dollop-heads commenting on this thread doesn't know the actual meaning of the words "DIVIDE AND RULE"
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by lafuria1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2012
benue state is predominately christian, if he dies, a christian takes over (Chief Steven Obekpa Lawani OFR). same with plateu state (Amb. Ignatius Dantong Longjang), logically base on what the the first few mor..ons have stated, can they explain the conspiracy plans and what boko haram stand to gain from the assasinations.........
Re: Boko Haram Plans To Attack Me - Christian Governor, Gabriel Suswam, Cries Ou by Inik(m): 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2012
Whipping up religious sentiments while he loots the state dry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Truth About Muslims / Danger! 2 Bridges On Owerri/onitsha Road Have Collapsed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.