Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala (758 Views)

Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy / My Abductors Wanted To Kill Me — Falae / 63 Arrested In Hunt For Abductors Of Okonjo-iweala's Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by fatdon2(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
The minister while thanking Nigerians, the
government and the Police, also expressed
appreciation to God for bringing her mother
back. “I can’t give all the details because we don’t
want to compromise on-going investigations”,
she said while speaking for the first time on
the kidnap saga. “But I can tell you one thing:
My mother suffered a great deal during this
ordeal. It was only the Almighty God that rescued her from a situation that could very
easily have ended tragically. “Apart from the emotional trauma of being
violently taken away from her family and kept
incommunicado for five days in a strange
environment, a woman of 83 years was left
without food for five days. We give glory to
God that she is alive today to tell the tale. “While she was in their custody, the
kidnappers spent much of the time harassing
her. They told her that I must get on the radio
and television and announce my resignation.
When she asked why, they told her it was
because I did not pay ‘Oil subsidy money’. “They also said I had blocked payment of
money to certain components of the SURE-P
programme.” The minister however denied the
claims that she blocked payments for oil
subsidy maintaining that all verified claims of
oil subsidy were being paid after going through the necessary processes. However
she said, “in the case of SURE-P, that is a
totally different process that I have no
control over.” She however insisted that fraudulent subsidy
claims would not be acknowledged. “For
marketers whose transactions are proven to
be fraudulent, the position of the Jonathan
government is also clear: we cannot and we
will not pay. We will not back down on this. We will continue to stand firm,” she declared. “This is the right thing to do. And this, I believe
is what the Nigerian people want,” Dr. Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala concluded.
www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/my-mothers-abductors-held-her-for-5-days-without-food-okonjo-iweala.html

Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Callotti: 7:16pm On Dec 17, 2012
Next time sit with ya husband in America. . . .! kiss
Nobarry would have kidnapped your mama if you did not chose to abandon ya matrimonial home to go and be doing 'nwa baby' politician with looters in Nigeria! kiss
After looting the first time. . .you should have quit right there.
It is winter time and Baba Iweala is alone with no one to keep him company.
Is this what old age is all about? grin

Thank you lucky stars she was not r-aped like Nkiru Sylvanus will be screaming in one bush near Benin Border for the next 2 weeks! cry
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by k2039: 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2012
Your mother probably refused food out of the fear of being poisoned.

Anyway still hard for me to believe that she was starved for five days and she is still hale and healthy
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Fatdon(m): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2012
i ve been without food for 40 days now, and still looking good.

Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by tpia1: 8:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
They were trying to kill her, no doubt.

What they planned for her will be their portion in Jesus name.
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by 401kk: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
tpia1: They were trying to kill her, no doubt.

What they planned for her will be their portion in Jesus name.

Amen!
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Clerverly: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
Only 5 days I see...... benevolent kidnappers!
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Fatdon(m): 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by greatgod2012(f): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thank God she is back home alive. What if she was killed and her corpse was not even found, so, there is reason to thank God.
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2012
Callotti:
Thank you lucky stars she was not r-aped like Nkiru Sylvanus will be screaming in one bush near Benin Border for the next 2 weeks! cry
Holy-Christ! shocked
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by Callotti: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
ceewai lebi: Holy-Christ! shocked

Pray she does not come back pregnant. . . . with diseases! cry
Re: My Mother’s Abductors Held Her For 5 Dayswithout Food – Okonjo-iweala by OAM4J: 12:15am On Dec 18, 2012

(1)

End Of Year Press Briefing By Labaran Maku Live!!! / JTF Claims Sweeping Victory Against Boko Haram- JTF Spokesman / Breaking News.police Pension Scam.yakubu Yusuf Rearrested By Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.