Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,264 members, 7,957,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:48 PM

FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port (10705 Views)

LAGOS MEGA RALLY: Jonathan Stalled $1.354bn Lekki Deep Sea Port - Fashola / FEC Approves $1.3b For Construction Of Lekki Deep Sea Port / Lekki Deep Sea Port, Approved. Largest Of Its Kind In Sub-saharan Africa- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2012
Fellow N'landers, please let us structure our arguments on the economic viability or otherwise of this proposed Deep-seaport. Yoruba/Igbo state of origin or the definition of a true Lagosian, are not the important issues here.

Thanks.
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Back to the topic(please, ignore that impostor)...

Lekki Seaport

[img]http://2.bp..com/-uDIZC8fdukE/T3IJQxQGc8I/AAAAAAAAFW4/vDwQE16czjE/s1600/7.jpg[/img]
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 18, 2012
It seems it's going to be the first of its kind in subsaharan Africa....

Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by PeterKbaba: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2012
LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE, THE BEST IN AFRICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEZ471l4N8Q
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by PeterKbaba: 8:24am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by lovethokoh: 8:55am On Dec 18, 2012
why not develope the ones in South-south Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/1135874/new-port-lekki-lagos
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2012
cool
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2012
Nice development. Glory to Lekki, my Home away from Home
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2012
Billyonaire: Nice development. Glory to Lekki, my Home away from Home

Yeah. I predict that in 7 years time, Lekki and Eko Atlantic would be the financial/ economic hubs of West Africa.
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by ABJay1: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2012
ochukoccna: Good to hear something refreshing again about Lagos&by extension Fashola
Hope it can promote healthy rivalry&not tribal jealousy nor petty politics which the FG has been playing with Lagos for sometime now
Yet hope Lagos has projects in the pipeline for the low class end of society too&not just the elite/business class

Tif-Nubu I guess... undecided undecided
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
CFCfan:

Yeah. I predict that in 7 years time, Lekki and Eko Atlantic would be the financial/ economic hubs of West Africa.
Yes my brother, we dont need a TB Joshua to prophesy that. Its time to start buying properties in that axis, the prices will jump in just 6 months from now. Its time to become a stakeholder in this futuristic profiteering.
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by drnoel: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2012
macjive01: good for lagos state, it really baffles me why other litorial states wouldn't think of a seaport.

why is river state building a stupid tram system that will cost so so much to maintain , when the state could have rather invested in a deep seaport project at about same money.

even the big importer in aba and onitsha could pull resources and partner with a one of these states to build one.
Akwaibom has a natural deep water coastal profile.
there is cross river, even delta.

I find its rather a shame that Nigeria has only two sea ports.why won't the existing ones be over stretched..
Re: FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2012
Some people claim "the majority of the importers are from the east" What an astonishing revelation ! There I was all this time assuming the majority of importers were from Burkina Fasso! .

Anyway it is not the numbers of importers that is the issue here but the numbers of imports.In this regard the likes of NBL,Cadbury,Dangote,Flour mills will import individually what thousands of this Burkina Fassoan(I hope that is correct) importers import. Almost 80% of our manufacturing is in Lagos and they are the biggest importers importing not containers but ships. Dangote even owns HIS OWN section of the port at Apapa but these chest beaters will not let us hear ourselves

Anyway this is a business venture which Lagos state initiated and wanted to execute WITHOUT the FG.The FG insisted citing the constitution which gives the FG power over all ports and is taking equity simply on the basis of "technical input" from NPA,yes oh ! our very technical NPA guyns
.The FG is not putting a penny in this venture. So those who want a port in Burkina Fasso should tell their President to take action!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zamfara: Supreme Court Rejects APC's Request To Review Judgement / APGA Tells Soludo To Treat Gunmen As Terrorists, Show Them No Mercy / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.