Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Gun Ownership - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gun Ownership (3435 Views)

I'm Tempted To GUN DOWN My Ex And Go To Jail / Can U Sex Your Sister At Gun Point? / At Gun Point: Your Boyfriend Or You(gf)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:10am On Feb 18, 2008
I noticed that Nigerian men usually draw back or recoil anytime you tell them as a single lady that you have a gun.  I bought my first gun about 8 years ago and it was strictly for protection because criminals always see ladies especially those that are physically challenged as preys for their heinous crimes. I  cannot be staying in my own house and easily get raped. I recently joined a hunting team which made me buy another hand gun appropriate for the sport. I've noticed lots of Naija men shrug anytime I inform them of the armaments in my home and it keeps them uncormfortable even after telling them it's strictly for hunting and protection.

My Question is: Do you lose your cool anytime a lady tells you she keeps a gun? why? Will you also react the same way if a man tells you the same? If you do not subscribe to a lady keeping guns, how do you suggest they provide protection for themselves.

I got banned under a record breaking  24hrs for no reason. I demand any form of explanation on why I should be punished for the sins of others. Please, stop taunting Funmi because I don't want to be blacklisted again. Even if you do, 'ignore' shall be your portion. My 3rd coming is going to be serene.
Re: Gun Ownership by Rebellious(f): 8:16am On Feb 18, 2008
@funmi, you're my hero. . .lol. I think when someone is drunk with ePower he/she tends to go overboard and acts irrational otherwise BAN like you know who. If everyone was like that in real life, life won't be worth living now would it? Good thing is, everytime you come back choosing to remain undefeated. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your topic but I'm just putting it out there.
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2008
hmm. . .

exactly how old are you?

this story doesn't quite ring true. . .

are you implying that you are 'physically challenged' ?

more to the point, to the best of my knowledge, people don't hunt with hand guns, but with rifles.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:27am On Feb 18, 2008
@funmi, you're my hero. . .lol. I think when someone is drunk with ePower he/she tends to go overboard and acts irrational otherwise BAN like you know who. If everyone was like that in real life, life won't be worth living now would it? Good thing is, everytime you come back choosing to remain undefeated. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your topic but I'm just putting it out there.
Thank you babe! I'm used to it because I don't ever let any man/group of men  sideline me because I'm female. We were made by God to dominate, thats why we are higher in number than men.
Re: Gun Ownership by pahtahkee: 8:29am On Feb 18, 2008
I do not subscribe to guns in any form. Guns have brought nothing but pains and sorrows. If she decides to keep it either for hunting or protection, I will tell her not within the borders of where our kids are.

I do not think this topic fits the romance section. It is more appropriate for the politics section, considering the recent killings in MIU in the states where the killer lawfully purchased guns undecided I hope your 3rd coming stays serene as you have stated. Enough of the insults on men.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:32am On Feb 18, 2008
By Oyb,
hmm. . .

exactly how old are you?

this story doesn't quite ring true. . .

are you implying that you are 'physically challenged' ?

more to the point, to the best of my knowledge, people don't hunt with hand guns, but with rifles.

Not here to fight this night but I hope you are aware that what they call stuff in Nigeria/Brit is different from what they call it here. Rifle may be the appropriate name but handguns covers pistols and rifles in a hunters world.

Why should I lie about a damn gun they register here with $15? and about my age, what do you need it for? are you trying to propose?
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:34am On Feb 18, 2008
I do not subscribe to guns in any form. Guns have brought nothing but pains and sorrows. If she decides to keep it either for hunting or protection, I will tell her not within the borders of where our kids are.

You never can tell what guns can do for you. There is a latch box where every parent that owns a gun should be keeping them but it becomes more dangerous at home when your boys turn to teenagers.
Re: Gun Ownership by pahtahkee: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Thank you babe! I'm used to it because I don't ever let any man/group of men sideline me because I'm female. We were made by God to dominate, thats why we are higher in number than men.
There you go again with your puerile doctrines. Females dominate because they are higher in number than Males? What a bovine statement to state here.

We can as well state that because ants are more in number therefore they rule the Jungle or the universe, or better still the Asians are more in number they are created to dominate the world.

Your idealogy is really warped up wrong.
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 18, 2008
i'm assuming you have to be 18 before you can legally carry a gun, so if you were really eager to get a gun, and become 'safer', i'd put you at 26 years . . .

hmm. . . am i getting warm?

i have mixed views on owning guns.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2008
There you go again with your puerile doctrines. Females dominate because they are higher in number than Males? What a bovine statement to state here.

We can as well state that because ants are more in number therefore they rule the Jungle or the universe, or better still the Asians are more in number they are created to dominate the world.

Your idealogy is really warped up wrong.

So who dominates the world now between males and females? Forsee year 2100, don't you think that men will be relegated to runner up position by then?
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2008
i'm assuming you have to be 18 before you can legally carry a gun, so if  you were really eager to get a gun, and become 'safer',  i'd put you at 26 years . . .

hmm. . .  am i getting warm?

i have mixed views on owning guns.

Sorry, i'm over 26 years. Calculate 2yrs/3 yrs of prepharm sch, one yr as a full time truck driver, 5 yrs of sch and others.
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

So who dominates the world now between males and females? Forsee year 2100, don't you think that men will be relegated to runner up position by then?

which brings us back to the old polygamy question. . .so what happens when there are two women to every man? will we have the haves and havenots?
Re: Gun Ownership by pahtahkee: 8:47am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

You never can tell what guns can do for you. There is a latch box where every parent that owns a gun should be keeping them but it becomes more dangerous at home when your boys turn to teenagers.
You never can tell what sorrows guns can bring for you. I would not subscribe to a gun in the house. Thats why America and as well countries like Finland have the gun crisis they keep having every year.

I get infuriated whenever I see the silly news of gun killings in Colleges or High Schools on tv blaming the the fault on the state of mind of the shooter. It is not his/her fault rather it is what the society has forced on itself.

My wife would never keep a gun in the house. Neither would I want to do that as well.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2008
My wife would never keep a gun in the house. Neither would I want to do that as well.
Even when you live in an environment where you need it? You never can tell what you will do when you get mugged by these underworld men. Again, women are more prone to petty criminals and I strongly recommend keeping a firearm at home.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2008
By Oyb,
which brings us back to the old polygamy question. . .so what happens when there are two women to every man? will we have the haves and havenots?

Do you live in la la land? men are not that important anymore especially with sperm banks springing up everywhere. I heard they are building one in lagos. Boo moooh.
Re: Gun Ownership by pahtahkee: 8:54am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

It is not a question of who dominates the world. Rather the question is: What contribution would you do to make the world a better place to live in? I see this a superiority complex you are trying so hard to win, and an inferiority complex you are to get out from.

Goodluck on your tasks. I am out of here.
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Do you live in la la land? men are not that important anymore especially with sperm banks springing up everywhere. I heard they are building one in lagos. Boo moooh.

here we go again. . . grin . it would seem that in your book, the sole purpose of a man is as a tool for the perpetuation of the human race.

i think we have a few more uses than that ( at least ghanian and ivorien men do wink)
Re: Gun Ownership by pahtahkee: 9:00am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Even when you live in an environment where you need it? You never can tell what you will do when you get mugged by these underworld men. Again, women are more prone to petty criminals and I strongly recommend keeping a firearm at home.
You have been watching too much of crime scenes, Numbers, Criminal minds, NCIS, law and order and all sorts. Get your mind out of it. There are better ways to protect oneself that resorting to guns and violence.

I like your tone of discourse. Who says banning does not make one simmer at times. grin
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2008
I like your tone of discourse. Who says banning does not make one simmer at times
I also love yours, you don't sound gay anymore.
Re: Gun Ownership by almondjoy(f): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2008
Did a not a-telli you that you will come back? I say no place lak Nairaland. No let any idiot push you comot. Like Nigeria, na we all get am! cheesy  You have 7 lives to go before "banorable" tire for your matter! grin

Nothing oh!  Just to tell you welcome.  I no join this "agbero" club this time around! kiss

You are doing great.  Your topics are one of the best thought-provoking ones around on Nairaland.  If only people will not get personal and stick to the contents instead of trying to get into your undies! kiss

Love always--from THE GREAT DEBATER! kiss

Observing from long range with ma binoculars!
Re: Gun Ownership by Jairzinho(m): 9:46am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

I noticed that Nigerian men usually draw back or recoil anytime you tell them as a single lady that you have a gun.  I bought my first gun about 8 years ago and it was strictly for protection because criminals always see ladies especially those that are physically challenged as preys for their heinous crimes.

Are you physically challenged?

Hot.Funmi:

My Question is: Do you lose your cool anytime a lady tells you she keeps a gun? why? Will you also react the same way if a man tells you the same? If you do not subscribe to a lady keeping guns, how do you suggest they provide protection for themselves.
I wouldn't feel threatened,as you maybe aware men/women alike enjoy living dangerously.

What can be better than a round of Russian Roulette before bed(if u ever get there)? undecided
Re: Gun Ownership by ALERTEFCC(f): 9:54am On Feb 18, 2008
wetin you wan use gun do , na iraq you dey, e be like say you like war like me, instead of me to carry gun i prefer to be suicide bomber. i dey read how women wey get mind dey do am for iraq.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2008
By AlmondJoy,
You have 7 lives to go before "banorable" tire for your matter!

Lol, I got 9 lives. Why dem no de ban OYB?
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 10:08am On Feb 18, 2008
By Oyb,
here we go again. . .  . it would seem that in your book, the sole purpose of a man is as a tool for the perpetuation of the human race.

Lol, male desire has no dinstinction!
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2008
I am not one who will say this but in your case i make an exception, sister, cool don, i think you need to get laid. Too much anger and agression
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Lol, male desire has no dinstinction!

aisha2:

I am not one who will say this but in your case i make an exception, sister, cool don, i think you need to get laid. Too much anger and agression

i guess those ivorien and ghanain men couldn't quite get it done. . .
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2008
Are you physically challenged?
I am 5ft 9 in, 137 lbs and very athletic. If that will pass for physically challenged, then, I am one but  I don't recall saying that I am physically challenged.
Re: Gun Ownership by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2008
abegi, enough with story, put up the pic and let us see with our own eyes.
Re: Gun Ownership by jkpretty(f): 10:36am On Feb 18, 2008
But seriously funmi Have u used the gun u possess b4? Can u actually fire at someone? I mean fine, there has to have been something that would have spurred that action, but just thinking about it. I think i'll fidget to death. Is it shooting to death actually or shooting to actually render the attacker incapable maybe disabled. Just wondering. undecided Even if i'm given a gun today i don't think i know where to hold it. Keeping a gun really aint it. The devil is always at work. Cos u may end up using it at the slightest provocation, & aim at someone u'll regret over & over again.

Welcome back tho, nice to have u around, but chill on them men, u r gonna marry one
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2008
But seriously funmi Have u used the gun u possess before? Can u actually fire at someone?
No, I've not. I use only the hunting gun during summer but I'll not hesitate to shoot anybody trying to come into my house through the window and I'll not hesitate to aim at his/her skull if there is any potential lethal threat from the intruder.
Re: Gun Ownership by HotFunmi1(f): 10:46am On Feb 18, 2008
By Oyb,
abegi, enough with story, put up the pic and let us see with our own eyes.
What are you doing with my picture? I thot you have wives?
Re: Gun Ownership by jkpretty(f): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

No, I've not. I use only the hunting gun during summer but I'll not hesitate to shoot anybody trying to come into my house through the window and I'll not hesitate to aim at his/her skull if there is any potential lethal threat from the intruder.

And u wouldn't even shudder at the sight of blood with ur own hands? Since u said u've not done it, i believe u still can't do it. Maybe its just an inflated desire in u waiting to be achieved but never will. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Longest It Has Taken You To Get Over Someone? / Please Help! :- I Caught My Boyfriend Sleeping With My Mum's Friend / The Fall Of Man..(romanceland Sunday School)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.