Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW (7396 Views)

Nigeria Attains New Electricity Peaks Of 5074 Mw / Nationwide Electricity Peaks At 4500MW As Brazilian Firm Builds 700mw Plant / President Jonathan's Job Approval Rating Peaks At 57% For August 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by ypzilanti: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2012
Are we back to producing megawatts on Paper? Barth Nnaji never claimed that he produced this much, and yet everyone experienced the boost in power supply.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by megastu(m): 10:01am On Dec 19, 2012
Lair Liar.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 19, 2012
Omojuo: Give it to GEJ, I score him 80% when it comes to power.
Just hope he extends same commitment to other sector

seems you dont know what 4,000 megatwatts means at all.80%.The city of Cairo, generates 25,000 megatwatts,Tokyo a city in japan,generates 70,000 megatwatts.This are just cities.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by vizboy(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2012
Those make never see the impact make them go nepa office make dey near them go complain. For me i have be experiencing close to 18 hours of standard electricity
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Gombs(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2012
cogitoErgo: where are they keeping all this their increases in power? for the past five days now, I have no power here in my area and whenever it comes it will be so low on voltage that you will need to still put a candle on at night and so useless during the day as not to be able to operate ordinary TV! This is how it has been, around December in this area now for the past ten(10)years!

Quit hating,maybe Йą village Ʊ ∂εγ..azzin serious ghetto,but for obudu whr I serve,jos where I live,bauchi,yola,and gombe whr I transact business...light full thr....maybe Ʊ shd jst gv credit wen tis due ...eh,abeg

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by jamace(m): 10:24am On Dec 19, 2012
Yes, I can state with confidence that there is improvement in power supply in my area. In fact, there is serious work going on in installing transformers and running new powerlines in various locations around my area. Right now, my area can can boast of 12 hours of power supply in a day. This might not be news in some parts of the world but in Naija it is a good news. GEJ, keep it up. cool

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by ABsI1: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2012
Happy 50th birthday,longlife and prosperity to His Excellency Dr Senator Abubakar Bukola $araki CON, AB$, Turaki Ilorin, Leader of all Leaders,the New Oloye and Super Chairman.Godbless you Sir
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2012
I am proud to say there is an improvment in my area even as I am typing this my phone 4 light de charge I can watch seasonal film in a day or two in my area so kudos 2 whoever is in charge
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by lacasa: 10:41am On Dec 19, 2012
Mtscheeeuw?! angry

For Kaduna here, zaria to be precise, na 3hours light. Wee dey get now. Low current at that.

Naa Only for Paper their megawwatt go dey Improve

Liars!!.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by karlmax2: 10:44am On Dec 19, 2012
olas2u:

seems you dont know what 4,000 megatwatts means at all.80%.The city of Cairo, generates 25,000 megatwatts,Tokyo a city in japan,generates 70,000 megatwatts.This are just cities.
he knows what his talking about if our past leaders generated this much starting from buharis military regime to obj's 8 years of waste we would be among those counties u mentioned if not better. If u disagree start by telling us how many kilowatts of electricty was generated in thse administrations I mentioned as againt population growth during their reign lets compare.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by donem: 10:50am On Dec 19, 2012
vykte: Liars!!! During Prof Nnaji time they didn't generate this much but we saw real improvement! Only gullible Nigerians would believe dis news!
Seconded. I have been burning constant Gas 4 d last 1wk and still counting, i dont f**king care about PHCN anylonger.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by allout: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2012
Peaks to where? Stay burning fuel all night long with associated noise and air pollution! angry These people don come again!
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by tunde1200(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2012
Point of correction my guy
South africa get over 4500MW

pimp_lucious :
These people are just incredible! While South Africa power generation stands at 34,000MW at the moment, they are celebrating 4,350MW and calling it a "feat?" bunch of old fools
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Biafrarep(m): 11:08am On Dec 19, 2012
vykte: Liars!!! During Prof Nnaji time they didn't generate this much but we saw real improvement! Only gullible Nigerians would believe dis news!
Do you mind them and their politrics of megawatts, LIARS! Thats what they are, North, South, East and West, there is a consensus that power supply has reduced drastically since Barth Nnaji left yet these clowns are talking about increase, unless they are sending it to Chad and Niger. These guys are simply playing politics with megawatts. Nigerians will know when there is an improvement, not on the pages of newspaper!
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by rman: 11:09am On Dec 19, 2012
AB$I:
Happy 50th birthday,longlife and prosperity to His Excellency Dr Senator Abubakar Bukola $araki CON, AB$, Turaki Ilorin, Leader of all Leaders,the New Oloye and Super Chairman.Godbless you Sir

I strongly believe your are employed by Bukola to sing his praise on Nairaland.

Keep deceiving yourself because of the crumbs you get by doing this dirty job for a known criminal.

People like you are numerous on this forum. You have indirectly mortgaged the future of your kids for crumbs.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by blacksta(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2012
lies Lies Lies

You people have a short memory, Power has been peaking just under 4350 MW for last 5 years. Which clearly confirms we can never achieve anything over 4500 MW. Yet billions spent daily

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Naijaryder: 11:20am On Dec 19, 2012
The government is deceptive in its announcements on power generated in the country. I work in the power generating sector. Until we start to talk about Gigawatt or Terawatt for a country the size and population of Nigeria, the government should be ashamed of itself. If all the generators in Nigeria where to be coupled together, I am sure the total capacity generated will be more than a paltry 4350MW announced. (Just curious – is this just the peak or sustained generation per hour and for how long?)
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by emmatok(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2012
Though 9ija once generated 4500mw.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 19, 2012
Gombs:

Quit hating,maybe Йą village Ʊ ∂εγ..azzin serious ghetto,but for obudu whr I serve,jos where I live,bauchi,yola,and gombe whr I transact business...light full thr....maybe Ʊ shd jst gv credit wen tis due ...eh,abeg
see this mumu o! when did u serve, small boy?
I only told what is happening in my area and you start 'yanning opata' who told you that the whole of Jos is having full power? I am posting from that Jos, Utan side! If your father is on the payroll of whoever is sabbotaging power supply in this country only to make false claims in the media, then that is your problem, what I stated is what is happening in my area, period!

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by osazee12(m): 11:27am On Dec 19, 2012
Electricity has been constant at my end
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 19, 2012
embarassed wen newyork alone generate 15000mw
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by 9free(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2012
LIERS!!!!! In New Abuja here in JTown, I neva see light for more than 2months and still counting.....
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by sylva1(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2012
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo promised Nigerians of generating 10,000MW of Electricity as far back as Dec 2000..why are we gloryfying jst 4350MW after 12 years..?
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by 9free(m): 11:41am On Dec 19, 2012
Gombs:

Bros, abeg do well by removing Jos from that list except the Jos you are refering to is not the capital of Plateau State. Mtchewwwww.......
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by SamMilla1(m): 11:51am On Dec 19, 2012
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Reptyle(m): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2012
Satellite Town, Lagos is apparently not receiving any part of these megawatts. The light situation here is simply shameful and coupled with the hot weather, is enough to drive anyone nuts.

There was an obvious improvement under Barth Nnaji with an average of between 8 and 10 hours of power everyday. Since he left, we barely have 1 hour of power everyday...yet this government keeps mentioning and celebrating new power generation thresholds almost on a monthly basis. Something just does not add up.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by thelastPope(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
CFCfan:

That is so true. In fact, power generation needs to be increased to between 50,000 and 80,000 MW to guarantee 24 hr uninterrupted supply in the whole of Nigeria.

Some of you are funny gan! Where did you do your survey to determine what Lagos or Nigeria needs. How many industries does Nigeria have compared to south Africa? We will need a lot of mega watts as we develop as a nation uear to year, but as at this moment, we don't need that much power. But as new industries and infrastruture kicks in, more powwer will be required. Lagos is the state suffering the most right now though. Most other states in the south west and south south are enjoying relatively good poer supply.

Another issue is the fact that the power generated is not optimally distributed because of the failure of the discos. That was probably one area Prof Nnaji excelled. He was able to put the discos on their toes. The local discos and their administraors are the biggest saboteurs of power in Nigeria. Especially the district offices in Lagos. They are a terrible bunch! I can't wait for the new discos to fully take over and function!
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Stevez32(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
GOSH!!! They Just Seized The Light As Soon As I Opened This Page.
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by Guk: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Idokojimmy: The nation’s power generation has hit a new peak of 4,349.7 megawatts, the Chairman, Presidential Task Force on Power, Mr. Beks Dagogo-Jack, has said.
Dagogo-Jack who disclosed this in a statement made available to our correspondent in Abuja on Tuesday, said the new record was set on Monday.

This comes on the heels of the recent shutdown of the Escravos gas plant belonging to Chevron Nigeria Limited, which led to the loss of 300MW for three weeks.
Although the task force chairman expressed delight at the new record, he pledged that the authorities in the power sector were working hard to surpass it.

“This is a very exciting and cheering news. To be clear, we are not surprised. We are fully focused as a team to prove to Nigerians that this government is serious about power and in spite of all the challenges on the way, power will grow from level to level as we progress. I assure you that the best is yet to come,” Dagogo-Jack said.
He commended the key operational players whose diligence, he said, contributed to the feat, adding that the systems operator and the team from the management contractor for the Transmission Company of Nigeria, Manitoba Hydro International, also played strategic roles in ensuring higher level of electricity generation.

Electricity generation in the country had hovered between 3,000 and 3,700MW for most part of the year. Even though the capacity for much higher generation exists, the country has not enjoyed the full benefits of the construction of more generating plants as a result of insufficient gas supply.

Power authorities on Friday raised hopes that the nation would generate 6,873MW of electricity by the end of 2013.
The Chief Executive Officer, Egbin Power Plc, Mr. Mike Uzoigwe, had said the authorities had set a target of 6,873MW for 2013.

Uzoigwe made the disclosure when the Chief Executive Officers of organisations in the Ministry of Power signed performance agreements with the Minister of State for Power, Mrs. Zainab Kuchi.
He said the successor companies to the Power Holding Company of Nigeria would generate 3,879MW, while the National Independent Power Producers would generate 2,500MW.

Uzoigwe said the target was agreed upon at a meeting attended by the minister, the Presidential Task Force on Power and the CEOs of all the successor companies where the capability and performance of all generation stations were reviewed.

“It is pertinent to note that some NIPP units have been fully inaugurated but cannot run due to gas supply associated problems. The Geregu power plant is still experiencing gas supply shortage,” he said.
Uzoigwe, however, said the availability of gas for the thermal stations was key to realising the projection.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-peaks-at-4350mw/

Are we so poor in expectation that we celebrate mediocrity

Please, FG, you know the megawatts needs of Nigeria; provide it or completely outsource it to those who are honest enough to give us. We have spent trillions of =N= and nothing to show for it and some people are celebrating 4350mw? Shame!!!
Re: Power Generation Peaks At 4,350MW by thelastPope(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
blacksta: lies Lies Lies

You people have a short memory, Power has been peaking just under 4350 MW for last 5 years. Which clearly confirms we can never achieve anything over 4500 MW. Yet billions spent daily

In your backyard or where? Funnt chapm power only crossed the 4000 MW threshold this year. While that is still a long way off from what is required, I believe the power ministry celebrates it because it is a milestone all the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Takes Credit For The Four Refinaries About To Commence Operations? / Photos From North-west Governors' Forum In Kaduna / Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.