Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ (5912 Views)

Guess The Author Or The Book / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. / The Book Of Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:06am On Jan 15, 2013
Larry-Sun:
The thread is just stagnant...maybe the OP is waiting till it makes frontpage...or what.
Nice having you here, HBG.
Front page on Literature section?

I don't know if one work for front page or its luck that people's threads hits front page.

Its good to be where u are dear
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Front page on Literature section?

I don't know if one work for front page or its luck that people's threads hits front page.

Its good to be where u are dear
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by ortopazz(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
cant we jus get the ball rolling this weekend? I mean we can go all the way, besides as for the front page fluke, its going to be a no-no until the mods can see our seriousness!, besides that shudnt be the aim na!
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Cuddlemii: 3:31am On Jan 16, 2013
Lmao at frontpage.

But no one requested for the thread to be on the frontpage.

You guys are even lucky, you have willing members that want to be part of this. I suggest you organize & manage the club properly first.

You don't need 100 members to commence. Gradually, members will join naturally or passionately once you kick off
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Cuddlemii: 3:40am On Jan 16, 2013
My Suggestion or what I had in mind when I conceived the idea of an E-book club. I made some changes to accomodate the suggestions made from all posters of this thread
Best of luck guys! wink

DESCRIPTION:

1)Three threads could be created

E-book Club 1
E-book Club 2 &
E-book Club 3.

***You don't have to name it E-book club, you can decide to be more creative with the name***

2) The first person to sign up/register on each thread will be the coordinator, captain, organizer or leader.

3) Each thread will discuss different books, that way, members with similar interest can be on the same thread/group

EXAMPLE OF THE STRUCTURE

E-book Club 1:

Book Title & Author - The lion & the jewel by Wole Soyinka (Nigeria)

Members - Yemi1, Lollygirl2, Danny, Boy-o-Boy etc

Captain - Danny because he was the first to register on the thread

E-book club 2:

Book Title & Author - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (US or Foreign)

Members - Susy, Lakunle, Tombaby etc

Captain - Susy because she was the first to register on the thread

E-book Club 3

Book Title & Author - Razor Tongue by Serahsadeiyare (Nairaland)

Members - Lai, Tim, Ogoja etc

Captain - Ogoja because she was the first to register on the thread

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2013
So who is going to open the threads? You will or any of us can?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Cuddlemii: 8:29am On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: So who is going to open the threads? You will or any of us can?

Nope, I just gave a suggestion.

You guys will decide what to do

Thanks!
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 9:37am On Jan 16, 2013
Cuddlemii: My Suggestion or what I had in mind when I conceived the idea of an E-book club. I made some changes to accomodate the suggestions made from all posters of this thread
Best of luck guys! wink

DESCRIPTION:

1)Three threads could be created

E-book Club 1
E-book Club 2 &
E-book Club 3.

***You don't have to name it E-book club, you can decide to be more creative with the name***

2) The first person to sign up/register on each thread will be the coordinator, captain, organizer or leader.

3) Each thread will discuss different books, that way, members with similar interest can be on the same thread/group

EXAMPLE OF THE STRUCTURE

E-book Club 1:

Book Title & Author - The lion & the jewel by Wole Soyinka (Nigeria)

Members - Yemi1, Lollygirl2, Danny, Boy-o-Boy etc

Captain - Danny because he was the first to register on the thread

E-book club 2:

Book Title & Author - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (US or Foreign)

Members - Susy, Lakunle, Tombaby etc

Captain - Susy because she was the first to register on the thread

E-book Club 3

Book Title & Author - Razor Tongue by Serahsadeiyare (Nairaland)

Members - Lai, Tim, Ogoja etc

Captain - Ogoja because she was the first to register on the thread
What an impressive imagination you've got! With that, the club can be classified into different genres. Nice thought.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:58am On Jan 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:

What an impressive imagination you've got! With that, the club can be classified into different genres. Nice thought.

angry Getz to work
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by ortopazz(m): 11:23am On Jan 16, 2013
and in addition to Cuddlemilz idea , if wiv time, we can then debate at times. Get to work @l
wherez d'ola na?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by LarrySun(m): 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: angry Getz to work
Before taking any step at all, we need the permission of the OP. Like the great Cuddlemii has originally suggested. We may have different threads for each Club genre. Like

1. The Book Discussion Club ***Naija*** (Books published and written by Nigerian authors)

2. The Book Discussion Club ***Foreign*** (Books by foreigners the New York Times Bestsellers list)

3. The Book Discussion Club ***Classic*** (Classic books like Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, Treasure Island, Wuthering Heights, etc)

4. The Book Discussion Club ***Nairaland***

We may also go as much as having The Book Discussion Club for:

1. Romance

2. Thriller

3. Horror

4. Mystery

5. Humour etc.

But we've got no time to waste, this idea has been lying idle for too long and I don't like that. OP, show your face...please.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Before taking any step at all, we need the permission of the OP. Like the great Cuddlemii has originally suggested. We may have different threads for each Club genre. Like

1. The Book Discussion Club ***Naija*** (Books published and written by Nigerian authors)

2. The Book Discussion Club ***Foreign*** (Books by foreigners the New York Times Bestsellers list)

3. The Book Discussion Club ***Classic*** (Classic books like Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, Treasure Island, Wuthering Heights, etc)

4. The Book Discussion Club ***Nairaland***

We may also go as much as having The Book Discussion Club for:

1. Romance

2. Thriller

3. Horror

4. Mystery

5. Humour etc.

But we've got no time to waste, this idea has been lying idle for too long and I don't like that. OP, show your face...please.

Sir please include the southern african books too
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Sir please include the southern african books too

Hmmm, who reads those
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by megareal: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2013
Thanks cuddlemii. Your suggestion simplifies things. To build on that, I think we should divide the three groups into Nigerian, Foreign and others. Others being books from other African Writers e.t.c
Or the groups may be divided according to genres like Larry Sun suggested.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by megareal: 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ok, didnt see the above post by Larry Sun. It explains exactly what I was thinking.
@Larry, that's the problem. We need her permission if we should go ahead. If the op doesnt show within a given time frame, I suggest we do what we must pending when she shows up.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2013
teeo:

Hmmm, who reads those
Ah didn't know we hate southies

Iam a southern African so I guess v answered ur kwetion?
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2013
@ All, I think the Op deserves to be gvn time, would a week from now be long waiting on her
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Ah didn't know we hate southies

Iam a southern African so I guess v answered ur kwetion?

I knew, just pulling ur legs....
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by zubike01(m): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
I came across this thread and it sounds good but there is too much stalling. Anyway i would be willing to give a few of you e-copies of my book "DON'T JOIN" to jump start the process. Write down your email and i'll mail it to you. You can find out more about it here. http://www.jollyrougeseries.com/.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2013
teeo:

I knew, just pulling ur legs....
angry sad I don't like it
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by ortopazz(m): 8:17am On Jan 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: angry sad I don't like it

hahaha na wa o!
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2013
ortopazz:

hahaha na wa o!
tongue
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 17, 2013
Thank you all for not giving up.
My partner(i do hope i can call you that) @cuddlemii has jst saved the day,cos she opened our eyes to a whole new light and gave us the solution to our challenge.
I want nothing more than to get this started,in fact with immediate effect.

My intention was not to get the club to the front page as some people suggested and if it makes it there,it's totally fine by me,i'm indifferent.

Sorry i'v been away for long,sincerely i was getting fed up because we seemed not to be making a headway but i'm glad you guys have woken the club up frm its slumber.

So to that effect,this particular club would be for nairaland books,there would be another for african genres it doesn't matter if it's south african or west african as long as it's african,then another for foreign.
I do hope it's fine by us all.

Each club should then pick a coordinator.please let's make it work this time.Thanks!
God bless you for me @cuddlemii
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:38am On Jan 17, 2013
So please open up the three threads ma'am
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: angry sad I don't like it

Keeping up with the Nigerians and you have to like it whether u like it or not
gringrin

1 Like

Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2013
teeo:

Keeping up with the Nigerians and you have to like it whether u like it or not
gringrin

U will stumble upon ma territory one day....be nice undecided
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by BHarmony(m): 11:34am On Jan 17, 2013
I have been looking for an opportunity like this, "Book Discussion Club". I wish to be a member.
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace:

U will stumble upon ma territory one day....be nice undecided

We are much more closer than u think
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
teeo:

We are much more closer than u think
yea on NL we walk in da same streets

Literature Dpt
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by megareal: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
OP, have you opened the threads? If yes please post the links
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by viruz007(m): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Subscribing. Rick Riordan (percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles), Dan Brown, Ted Dekker, Robert Ludlum, Frank Peretti... oooohhh... Leggooo!!!! grin
Re: The Book Discussion Club ~chat zone~ by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
megareal: OP, have you opened the threads? If yes please post the links
check her profile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David / Turnitin Plagiarism Detector/ Quillbot / Why I Have No Future Ambition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.