Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest (7036 Views)

Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video) / 83 ‘biafra’ Activists Arrested In Bayelsa - Sahara Reporters / PHOTOS- Okada Riders Protest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by delors(m): 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sam xiu lee: @delors,In the late 80s there was nothing like commercial motorcycle riders,and the ppl in lagos survived.am always worried anytime ppl says lagos will become a geographical expression,the Europeans,Portuguese met ppl on the geographical expression when they came,pls those ppl they met,are they from your village?

Yeah, in the late eighties, what was the population of lagos? Less than half of what it presently is. The transport system then could accommodate the commutters. Things have changed. Truth is, there is something called 'palliatives'...you cannot just remove a genuine means of livelihood without making some reasonable palliatives available. That is no the way to do things. Governments are not in existence to make life unbearable for those who empowered them to rule. This is not a military regime bros...decrees are not parts of the tenets of democracy in case you need to know dat.

And talking about my village, with ur name wey be like chinko phone for computer village, which village your fada come from self?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
What I find quite strange is that many in NL are happy to protest Okada ban in Lagos but have no problem that it is banned in Jos, Asaba,Abuja,Owerri,Port Harcourt,Umuahia Enugu etc.

So Lagos is suppossed to absorb okada riders banned from all over the country.?? Ah we must really be very foolish in Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/abia-bans-commercial-motor-cyclists-says-they-aid-kidnapping-other-crimes/

http://www.punchng.com/news/frsc-seeks-okada-ban-on-anambra-highways/

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908170577.html

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/08/11/okada-ban-calabar-prostitutes-to-relocate-to-lagos/

http://247ureports.com/gov-chime-bans-okada-in-enugu/

2 Likes

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
That argument should apply all over the country NOT just Lagos. Go and fight that they should unban it in Abakaliki ,Abuja and Owerri then we can have a balanced debate. If you ignore the bans in other states and Abuja and focus on Lagos then you are not only being unfair but also mischievous and dishonest.

Is Lagos a NATIONAL HUMAN DUSTBIN?

1 Like

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 10:01pm On Dec 19, 2012
When you unban okada in Abakaliki,Abuja,Jos,Asaba,Calabar,Port Harcourt,Owerri,Aba,Asaba,Umuahia then you can talk about Lagos not before that

When you unban okada in Abakaliki,Abuja,Jos,Asaba,Calabar,Port Harcourt,Owerri,Aba,Asaba,Umuahia then you can talk about Lagos not before that

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Remii(m): 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
aribisala0: What I find quite strange is that many in NL are happy to protest Okada ban in Lagos but have no problem that it is banned in Jos, Asaba,Abuja,Owerri,Port Harcourt,Umuahia Enugu etc.

So Lagos is suppossed to absorb okada riders banned from all over the country.?? Ah we must really be very foolish in Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/06/abia-bans-commercial-motor-cyclists-says-they-aid-kidnapping-other-crimes/

http://www.punchng.com/news/frsc-seeks-okada-ban-on-anambra-highways/

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908170577.html

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/08/11/okada-ban-calabar-prostitutes-to-relocate-to-lagos/

http://247ureports.com/gov-chime-bans-okada-in-enugu/

It only shows you that majority of nairalanders are Lagos residents.
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by texazzpete(m): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sam xiu lee: @delors,In the late 80s there was nothing like commercial motorcycle riders,and the ppl in lagos survived.am always worried anytime ppl says lagos will become a geographical expression,the Europeans,Portuguese met ppl on the geographical expression when they came,pls those ppl they met,are they from your village?

Such a waste of your parents money! Tell me, what was the population of Lagos in the late 80s you're so proud to babble about?
How big was the spread of development in Lagos then compared to now?

How many vehicles were on the streets in the late 80s compared to now?

Zero logic, zero common sense applied. Pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by delors(m): 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
texazzpete:

Such a waste of your parents money! Tell me, what was the population of Lagos in the late 80s you're so proud to babble about?
How big was the spread of development in Lagos then compared to now?

How many vehicles were on the streets in the late 80s compared to now?

Zero logic, zero common sense applied. Pathetic

Thank you o my bros, thank u and help me ask this guy wey im name resemble Chinese phone so...perhaps he was born in 1993...in dat case, we could forgive his naivity.
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
aribisala0: When you unban okada in Abakaliki,Abuja,Jos,Asaba,Calabar,Port Harcourt,Owerri,Aba,Asaba,Umuahia then you can talk about Lagos not before that

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2012

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 10:44pm On Dec 19, 2012
This is like the story of two friends who went to meet a Jazzman for jazz so they can become rich.The friends were called Lagos and Owerri.The Jazzman said that he will do jazz for them and both of them will be rich till their death but they must use the mother(ONE) of any of them for the jazz.Owerri proposed that they should use Lagos's mother because she works as a cleaner in a bank while his worked as a cleaner in a police station. His reasoning was that the bank working mother will attract more money while his will attract police trouble. Is he not clever??

Okada is good in Lagos but not in Owerri

1 Like

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by LordBabs(m): 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
pheesayor:

broda dodoyo, all I'm saying is instead of protesting against reversal of a signed law, press for its ammendment. Protest is not wrong but in this case it is not the way out
we say a child is foolish, his mother says as long as he doesn't die. What death kills faster than arrant folly? An irrational law needs to be revolted and scrapped, not amended. Do you have comprehension defects?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2012

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by LordBabs(m): 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Smooyis: We Nigerians can be very hasty in jumping into conclusions of matter. Wheneva an issue is brought up, let's try and read well before commenting. Ok. Every great society is governed by laws, and ours cannot and will NOT be an exception. Why marching protesters against the traffic? U can't complain against government policies while u are disobeying the laws of the land!
when religious pilgrims and other affiliate gatherings' assemblies/activies result in a traffic logjam, do you see that as an affront to the law, inspite that such assemblies/gatherings are not State's affairs? Why then being unjust to the activists gatherings, especially on a State's matters? Are you just silly or daft?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by BabaO2: 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
lekanolas: Many activists, including [b]Dr Dipo Fashin[/b]a, Messrs Abiodun Aremu, Hassan Taiwo Soweto, Usman Oloyede, Segun Oladunni were arrested this morning for leading commercial motorcycle riders (okada) on a peaceful protest against the traffic law in Lagos.
The motorcyclists, alongside some civil society groups, are protesting the new Lagos Traffic Law which bans them from plying over 400 roads in Lagos.
Earlier, scores of police officers armed with AK 47 rifles were stationed near the Nigeria Labour Congress secretariat, Lagos, in anticipation of the protest.
The police stopped a similar protest by the motorcyclists a week ago.
So far, the Lagos state police command has seized over 7000 motorcycles in the last six months.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/activists-arrested-during-okada-riders-protest/
Sure Dr Fashina?, this guy is now a shi.it,... with okada guys, surely now an hungry man not an activist
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by CohenJane: 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
delors:
Lagos is not London, not Toronto, not Tokyo, not Durban...every mega city is unique and different

Wouldn't you like Lagos to become London et al.,

delors: in China, autorickshaw is being used as a inter-street transit, same in Japan

Are Okada banned from the inner streets?

delors: In Toronto, street cars (train on streets) are used as inter-street transit because of the population

It's not your fault, na the work of google

delors: Banning okada in Lagos is a lazy way out of the transport system in Lagos. There are better ways to deal with the transport system.

You have not suggested any ... who is lazy here?

delors: ...many okada riders are graduates conditioned by the situation of the country

Caused by the Lagos State Government, right? Just blabing

delors: In other countries, when there is a business where government makes revenue from, or it illegal but people tend to still do it, the government devise a means to legalise it and make more revenue from it

See your life ... legalise illegality in the name of making money from it. Why not legalise armed robbery, afterall, people make money from it.

I'm looking for that place where you said
lagos is no man's land
. God purnish you for that statement. Omo ale. By the way, who are you, where do you surfaced from?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by LordBabs(m): 11:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
phlamy: For me really, when you look at the number of lives that have been lost and the number of people that have been disabled over time by the okada thing, i think it is worth banning. I used okada in lagos very often but you needed to hear my prayers before and after and then my pleas with the rider
keep quiet there! Does Okada claim lives more than Motors(in Lagos)? (show your statistics). Besides, If HIV is killing many people because of sexual intercourse, is banning sex the solution to such menace? Before the advent of Okada, automobiles have often caused road mishap, then, why don't you find solace in banning cars, since we hitherto had our own means of transportation(e.g. horse-riding, trekking...)? Moreover, if my income could only afford an Okada, and I purchased one, as my viable means of transportation, then you made a law banning me from riding my own transport, and yet, referred to me as a bonafide citizen of that land...isn't it discriminatory and wicked? You'd not better let your personal emotions for Fashola becloud your common sense!
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2012
Baby mama:

I thought someone told us the Okada men were Igbos,northerners and foreigners
I read them ask people to go back to their places
How come it is Yorubas leading the protests

This tells us the opinion of the tribalist Yorubas on nairaland does not determine the general Yoruba opinion

Apart from the issue of tribe, the opinion of the hermits, couch potatoes, pompous middle class 'haves', detached elites, and misguided 'diasporans' are worth less than used condoms. Some of us retain the common touch at all costs, regardless of God's modest blessings, and we remain in the streets so that we never lose touch with reality - no matter what.

Fashola is so desperate in his elitist agenda that he mandates his goons to lobby bribe the press to propagate fake/minority opinions in support of the traffic law and okada ban (I know because I deal with journalists as part of my job). Millions of ordinary Lagosians suffer daily as a result of this policy, and you need to feel their anguish and hear their opinion (which is more important than whatever the internet fools that support this thing here have to say) to know just how unpopular the ACN government is currently among the masses in Lagos.

If democracy is about the majority (as typified by majority winning the votes in democratic elections), then you just have to wonder why the opinion of a minute, self-centred, detached minority should be more important than that of the majority of ordinary people, and constitute the basis for government policy/law in a matter as sensitive as this.

4 Likes

Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Emekayoung(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2012
You cant be comparing 80s to 21st century,u live to the future not the past.
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Lifted1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
smh , you're really myopic,undergraduates,graduates even phd holders are okada riders! hardworking honest peace loving Nigerians hv seen their children through a good tertiary education and built dier own places of abode frm returns made through commercial motorcycling and ure blabbing what makes u think its d same set of riders u see every year?
a policy or law that favors a minority to the detriment or agony of the greater majority is "anti-people" no democratic government fights the voice or wishes of the people. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere it could be Me or you on the receiving end tomorrow.
by the way if motor cycles were not invented as a means of transportation, what were dey invented as? means of locomotion abi
Billyonaire: Motor Cycle was not invented as a means of transportation. It should be banned totally. When one door closes another one opens. All these years they have been riding, if they were sincere about personal financial growth they would have had fat savings to fall back on but they chose to use their savings for beer and bbgurls enjoyment while spending useful hours at viewing centers watching never ending Europe League games. Poverty is a choice, so is stupidity. To hell with Okada.
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
delors:
Your fada! Na ur paa get Lagos? So if every state ban okada...must t be done in Lagos as well? You r so dumb. How many other state be like Lagos in terms of population? in terms of commerce? in terms of social activities? in terms of multi-ethnicity? Now I know Nairalnad is so full of frail-brained idiots like u who cannot think deeply but join in on the bandwagon...open ur eyes, ur brain too and think. If I hear my name for ur fada mouth again (unless u get better thing to say) u go see ur self.
So your papa sabi curse person? Welcome your papa don reach the correct place! na from that okada wey you dey fight for you papa go fall break that him coconut head die and your mother go follow quench.Na okada go kill all your family. I think say the craze for stop for ya mama body but e be like e don enter ya head too.

Tell the people wey never die for you destitute family go back to your state and fight for okada not in Lagos. If dem born you or ya fada well enter town go "protest" Ground go protest una dead body wen una quench!
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Lifted1(m): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2012
u dont apply the same logic to all the problems in life u treat them according to peculiarity, one state gives free milk and laptops to all sec sch students, dt dsnt necessarilyl mean every other state can follow suit, lagos is peculiar in its size, population, location, commercial nature,speed of development i can go on and on, none of the states with this ban have half the population or congestion lagos does...the effects of the ban are far more tolerable
aribisala0: That argument should apply all over the country NOT just Lagos. Go and fight that they should unban it in Abakaliki ,Abuja and Owerri then we can have a balanced debate. If you ignore the bans in other states and Abuja and focus on Lagos then you are not only being unfair but also mischievous and dishonest.

Is Lagos a NATIONAL HUMAN DUSTBIN?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
"Lifted":
u dont apply the same logic to all the problems in life u treat them according to peculiarity, one state gives free milk and laptops to all sec sch students, dt dsnt necessarilyl mean every other state can follow suit, lagos is peculiar in its size, population, location, commercial nature,speed of development i can go on and on, none of the states with this ban have half the population or congestion lagos does...the effects of the ban are far more tolerable

In a democracy there should be accommodation for everyone's views but generally the majority have their way.There was an election and we voted in our government in Lagos and they are doing what we want.Those who do not like it can go elsewhere.The time for debate has long passed.The arguments have been heard and laws passed.These have been challenged in court unsuccessfully. So let us move on.Those of us from Lagos do not see our future in Okada.End of!

Is Lagos's peculiarity recognized in terms of allocation from FG or even representation in the centre?

Rivers,Kano,Bendel,Cross River Kaduna Ondo Oyo Imo Sokoto Gongola have been split and now have 6 senators each while Lagos still has 3 . The peculiarity is not recognized by government and this puts Lagos under strain.

The Logic of the ban in other states is simple; if they ALL BAN and Lagos does not Lagos will become the Okada Capital of the Nation.

Do you suggest we ignore this? Unemloyment is a national problem.Lagos occupies 0.36% of the land mass and its population is growing at the rate of double every 10 years . The country as a whole has to deal with its problems .You cannot export all the unemployment in Niger Chad and Nigeria into Lagos and be telling us peculiarity. please!!

Yes there is a serious problem of unemployment in Nigeria. If we as a country think okada can help we must take a collective decision so every state including Abuja has a fair share of the okada problem. Otherwise you are saying Lagos is a dustbin for other states' undesirables
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Lifted1(m): 12:10am On Dec 20, 2012
aribisala0:

In a democracy there should be accommodation for everyone's views but generally the majority have their way.There was an election and we voted in our government in Lagos and they are doing what we want.Those who do not like it can go elsewhere.The time for debate has long passed.The arguments have been heard and laws passed.These have been challenged in court unsuccessfully. So let us move on.Those of us from Lagos do not see our future in Okada.End of!

Is Lagos's peculiarity recognized in terms of allocation from FG or even representation in the centre? Rivers,Kano,Bendel,Cross river have been split and now have 6 senators each while Lagos still has 3 . The peculiarity is not recognized by government and this puts Lagos under strain.The Logic of the ban in other states is simple[b] if they ALL BAN and Lagos doe not LAgos will become the Okada Capital of the Nation[/b]. ou suggest we ignore this.Unemloyment is a national problem.Lagos occupies 0.36% of the land mass and its population is growing at the rate of double every 10 years . The country as a whole has to deal with its problems .You cannot export all the unemployment in Niger Chad and Nigeria into Lagos and be telling us peculiarity. please!!
smh, listen to yourself dude, your postulations are so baseless.I'd rather boil stone dan argue wiv you.
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by aribisala0(m): 12:17am On Dec 20, 2012
"Lifted":

smh, listen to yourself dude, your postulations are so baseless.I'd rather boil stone dan argue wiv you.
I really do not care what you boil!.

You have your views which appear baseless to me

I too can spell "baseless" or any other perjorative you apply to my argument

Then .

we have;

your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baselessyour argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless your argument is baseless no it is yours that is baseless etc

Ultimately futile like these sponsored protests.

Hopefully we can disagree respectfully.

Bottomline- we have passed the argument stage. We are now implementing!!
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by planetuzor(m): 12:38am On Dec 20, 2012
I think i should be the Ref here 2 moderate ds page, i can see 2many fools!!!
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by babapupa: 5:05am On Dec 20, 2012
delors: When you have a headache...is cutting off the head the solution? No! Be informed people...those saying the ban is a welcome development are being myopic...extremely myopic. Lagos is not London, not Toronto, not Tokyo, not Durban...every mega city is unique and different. in China, autorickshaw is being used as a inter-street transit, same in Japan. In Toronto, street cars (train on streets) are used as inter-street transit because of the population. Now, a project to build underground and overhead interstreet trains are nearly completed. in Venice, because of the water streets, boats are used as interstreet transits. Okadas are used in Lagos because of Lagos' peculiar transport system.

Banning okada in Lagos is a lazy way out of the transport system in Lagos. There are better ways to deal with the transport system. Tell me, has banning okada eased transport in Lagos? Traffic gridlock at Eko bridge, at Barracks en route Ojuelegba, at Iyana Iba enroute Okoko, at Obalende, at Ijaye? No! I think, contrary to pubic opinion, the Lagos state government took the easy way out of the problem creating more problems for the masses. Ina place where job is hard to come by, u forcfully snatched jobs from people in thousands...many okada riders are graduates conditioned by the situation of the country, many supply families with food and necessities with the okada business.

A responsive government would do a comprehensie cost benefit analysis of such a situation before embarking on such...Lagos is no man's land. If anything, the Benins (Edos) are the legitimate owners but it is now everybody's land...Fashola doesnt sound like a Lagos name (should be from Osun), so all those saying people should go back to theri villages should put on their thinking caps. If everybody went to their villages from Lagos, then Lagos would become an isolated geographical expression. smiley

In other countries, when there is a business where government makes revenue from, or it illegal but people tend to still do it, the government devise a means to legalise it and make more revenue from it. In Canada, bribing politicians or policy makers to influence policies is called 'lobbying', and in 2006, the government created the Department of Lobbying meant to ensure that lobbying activities are done within the scope of the law...and the government makes profit from it. Same with alcohol consumption, if u must drink, u must tender ur ID to show u r 18+...not banning the sale of alcohol, or the act of 'lobbying'...banning OKADA IN LAGS IS A WEAK, MYOPIC, UNINFORMED, ARCHAIC, UNFAIR, policy and should be protested. (Thanks to Dr. Fashina, aka Jingo, for leading the protest this time. e knows whassap)

This is definitely the dumbest, daftest and irresponsible gutter trash ever. It's insane and ridiculous how many of you money hungry and misguided people equate everything with money and revenue.

This is a matter of public safety and security, this is a needed approach to prevent needless deaths and injuries, this is the government saying we can do better than looking the other way while people die and lose limbs everyday because of irresponsible and lawless activities of OKADA.

Only irresponsible people and governments do cost analysis and bet on money instead of the people they campaigned to serve and protect, only myopic people like you allow and tolerate lawlessness and needless deaths because of money.

How much is your life worth?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by pak: 6:00am On Dec 20, 2012
delors: When you have a headache...is cutting off the head the solution? No! Be informed people...those saying the ban is a welcome development are being myopic...extremely myopic. Lagos is not London, not Toronto, not Tokyo, not Durban...every mega city is unique and different. in China, autorickshaw is being used as a inter-street transit, same in Japan. In Toronto, street cars (train on streets) are used as inter-street transit because of the population. Now, a project to build underground and overhead interstreet trains are nearly completed. in Venice, because of the water streets, boats are used as interstreet transits. Okadas are used in Lagos because of Lagos' peculiar transport system.

Banning okada in Lagos is a lazy way out of the transport system in Lagos. There are better ways to deal with the transport system. Tell me, has banning okada eased transport in Lagos? Traffic gridlock at Eko bridge, at Barracks en route Ojuelegba, at Iyana Iba enroute Okoko, at Obalende, at Ijaye? No! I think, contrary to pubic opinion, the Lagos state government took the easy way out of the problem creating more problems for the masses. Ina place where job is hard to come by, u forcfully snatched jobs from people in thousands...many okada riders are graduates conditioned by the situation of the country, many supply families with food and necessities with the okada business.

A responsive government would do a comprehensie cost benefit analysis of such a situation before embarking on such...Lagos is no man's land. If anything, the Benins (Edos) are the legitimate owners but it is now everybody's land...Fashola doesnt sound like a Lagos name (should be from Osun), so all those saying people should go back to theri villages should put on their thinking caps. If everybody went to their villages from Lagos, then Lagos would become an isolated geographical expression. smiley

In other countries, when there is a business where government makes revenue from, or it illegal but people tend to still do it, the government devise a means to legalise it and make more revenue from it. In Canada, bribing politicians or policy makers to influence policies is called 'lobbying', and in 2006, the government created the Department of Lobbying meant to ensure that lobbying activities are done within the scope of the law...and the government makes profit from it. Same with alcohol consumption, if u must drink, u must tender ur ID to show u r 18+...not banning the sale of alcohol, or the act of 'lobbying'...banning OKADA IN LAGS IS A WEAK, MYOPIC, UNINFORMED, ARCHAIC, UNFAIR, policy and should be protested. (Thanks to Dr. Fashina, aka Jingo, for leading the protest this time. e knows whassap)

With this intellectual take of yours, I daresay you have justified the first class degree you got from Obafemi Awolowo University, at least on nairaland.

May I ask, are you male or female and what course did you actually study ?
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by Telez(m): 6:54am On Dec 20, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!!

[url=livebetalife.com/plan-ahead-livebetalife-in-2013-free-report]PLAN AHEAD : LiveBETAlife In
2013 FREE REPORT[/url]

* How to Set Yourself Up
for Success in 2013!
* How to Start your own
business with little Capital
in 2013! .
* How to pass your exams
with Ease in 2013!
* How to Build a Happy
Home in 2013!
* How to to Live a Healthy
Lifestyle in 2013 !
Get it all for free by clicking[url=livebetalife.com/plan-ahead-livebetalife-in-2013-free-report]PLAN AHEAD : LiveBETAlife In
2013 FREE REPORT[/url]
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by veloce(m): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2012
i am always sad when i read some comments on NL.it actually portray the kind of future we have as nigerians.we now live on mediocrity as second best is enough for us or how do you xplain somebody who is well read to say govt should unban okada simply because its a source of livelihood for some people especia,lly graduates.what is their percentage? Is that the only option left for them?have fall victim of any of the menace of these okada guys.
I am sorry to say though i feel the pains of these guys but am proud of fashola for this particular law. Afterall there is hope for my future and my kids unborn. Let them seek other legitimate means of income. As a lagos resident i can enter a bank and get home successfully without any fearful looking guys looking at me even when am cashless. There is dignity in labour and these guys dont just value their lives. Lets have the believe that nigeria must be transformed at a price. Long live Lagos, city of excellence. Sanity is gradually coming back
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by olybob: 7:26am On Dec 20, 2012
D govmnt shld try 2 do som tn on dis
Re: Activists Arrested During Okada-Riders Protest by angelsing(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2012
so funny how lawlessness has turn to law in this part of the world to the point of we the citizen seeing it as law...i still remember vividly when oshodi was been reshaped..we heard all sought of talk, calling the governor all sought of name but in the long run we all saw the advantage...i plight a route where okada is really needed but better still i like the idea..its not as if it was banned completely in lagos..u guys shud give it a rest.the law has come to stay..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu’s Fate Hangs 5 Months After Salami Report / Tinubu certificate compare original and Fake Chicago University cerfi(photos) / APC May Pull A Shocker In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.