Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:54 PM

Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan (597 Views)

Igbo And The Selfish Interest Of Biafra (opinion) / My Conversation With Buhari In Nigeria’s Interest – Jonathan / I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by omenka(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2012
.....The President, in his brief remarks, described the late Mr. Yakowa as a rare politician who believed in the country’s unity and never exploited ethnic or
religious sentiments for selfish gains. He referred to
Mr. Azazi as a fine and selfless officer who served his country meritoriously.
“All the victims are Nigerians that have served this
country in various capacities,” the president said.
“For Governor Yakowa, I knew him when he became
the Deputy Governor of Kaduna State. I had some
interactions with him and since we have been
interacting. He was a different class of politician.
“Most of us who are politicians exploit religious
sentiments to divide Nigerians for our own selfish
gains. We exploit north-south divide to divide
Nigerians for our selfish gains. But Yakowa was very
different. He was a gentleman who believed in the
unity of this country,” the President said
Mr. Jonathan said he did not know Mr. Azazi until
2004 when the latter was made the Director of
Military Intelligence. Mr. Jonathan was then the
deputy governor of Bayelsa State.
“From that time, we started interacting. He was
made Chief of Defense Staff in 2007 when I was Vice President to the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. I also made him the National Security Adviser when I became the President.
“I saw him as somebody who meant well for this
country. The gentleman has worked very well for this country,” Mr. Jonathan said of the late Mr. Azazi.

premiumtimesng.com/news/111958-we-politicians-exploit-religious-ethnic-sentiments-among-nigerians-for-selfish-reasons-president-jonathan.html
Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2012
The good die young most times because extreme goodness is weakness
Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by omenka(m): 6:32am On Dec 20, 2012
Like we don't already know. He's as guilty as the rest of them. Isn't that what he was doin when he knelt b4 Adeboye the other day? He knows how sentimental Nigerians could be when it comes to religion. He knows that majority of church goers,seeing that picture alone, would cast their ballot in his favour any day any time, regardless of how he performs... But trust me Mr, you never fooled me with all that shoelesness sermon, and you would never fool me.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by omenka(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2012
USarmy: The good die young most times because extreme goodness is weakness
You sure you're in the right thread?
Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by k2039: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2012
USarmy: The good die young most times because extreme goodness is weakness
Very wrong.

The good and young die young and also die old.

That someone dies young doesnt mean he/she is good.

King Solomon the Great in his own word
Seize life! Eat bread with gusto,
Drink wine with a robust heart.
Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure!
Dress festively every morning.
Don’t skimp on colors and scarves.
Relish life with the spouse you love
Each and every day of your precarious life.
Each day is God’s gift. It’s all you get in exchange
For the hard work of staying alive.
Make the most of each one!Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily!
This is your last and only chance at it,
For there’s neither work to do nor thoughts to think
In the company of the dead, where you’re most certainly headed.
Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by mankevo(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2012
omenka:
.....The President,,,,described the late Mr. Yakowa as a rare politician who believed in the country’s unity and never exploited ethnic or
religious sentiments for selfish gains.He was a different class of politician.
“Most of us who are politicians exploit religious
sentiments,,,,,for our own selfish
gains.
In other words he is exposing his Hidden agenda for rushing to RCCG all times to kneel before Adeboye and the gulible religious bigots. Well,tell him we already knew that, so we dont need his clarification(s)
omenka:
.....The President, in his brief remarks,,described
Mr. Azazi as a fine and selfless officer who served his country meritoriously.
“I saw him as somebody who meant well for this
country.
...And when he opened up on Boko Haram issue you Mr President ''fired'' him and kept on surrounding yourself with folks leading Nigeria to its doom. So,in other words, you Mr Presido ''dont mean well for this country''

The gentleman has worked very well for this country,” Mr. Jonathan said of the late Mr. Azazi.

Our politicians are always celebrating the dead,but when the person is alive he/she will be haunted for advocating PROGRESS. Reminds me of Obasanjo's eulogy at Okadigbo's death. Kai!! I think what we need first is attitudinal change,it will do us good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Politicians Exploit Religion For Selfish Interest ~jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 7:16am On Dec 20, 2012
Mr. President be the change you want to see!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe Is Igbodefender.com’s Person Of The Year / India Files Murder Charges Against Suspects In Brutal Gang Rape / Gov Idris Wada Rejects Treatment Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.