Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects (5811 Views)

Governor Okorocha Sacks Nkiru Sylvanus (Finally?) / Suspected Kidnappers Of Nkiru Sylvanus Paraded, Ransom Recovered / Injustice Over Nkiru Sylvanus Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Genuinegists: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2012
Imo State Police Command yesterday said it has arrested 16 suspects in connection with the kidnapping of Nollywood actress and Special Assistant to the State Governor on Public Affairs, Nkiru Sylvanus.
The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Vitalis Onugu (DSP), disclosed that the suspects were arrested in a raid of suspected kidnappers’ dens in the forest, adding that they were already assisting the police in its investigation.
Meanwhile, the state government has directed security agencies to arrest any unauthorised person found using siren and vehicles with tinted glasses. Rising from a security council meeting, the state Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, said the renewed war against unauthorised use of siren and tinted glasses was part of the stringent measures adopted by the council to checkmate crime in the state, especially during the Yuletide.
Also, members of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Southeast Zone, demanded the immediate release of the actress. Members of the actors’ body, led by its National Vice President, Southeast, Ikechukwu Ezenagu, a legal practitioner, barricaded the entrance of Government House displaying placards with various inscriptions which include, “Southeast governors give Nollywood actors security,” “Insecurity is the bane of investment in the Southeast,” “Turn away from kidnapping and join Nollywood,” among others.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/nkiru-slyvanus-police-arrest-16-suspects/
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by sarutobie(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2012
Those 'suspects' are students in futo..they are not the kidnappers..I know each of them..even year 1 students were arrested and used to save face by the police..they didn't even see a single machete in their possesion..

1 Like

Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by ujchief(m): 9:40am On Dec 20, 2012
Trust Npf! Afterall, their comrades at delta arrested 62 suspects. 16 for Nkeiru isnt that bad, i wonder how many will be arrested if a governor's wife is kidnapped!
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Genuinegists: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by ypzilanti: 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2012
Kidnappers den in the forest. grin grin grin grin grin.

I pity the unfortunate guys.
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by djeezy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
Nice feat by the police. But it's not just arresting the suspects, MAKE THEM TALK!!!! This yuletide period, those lazy bast,ards cannot hustle in a bona fide way and make legal money, instead they chose to abduct. Anyway, they're still suspects. Presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by idinc(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
it's nt abt hw many arrests made,it's abt gettin d criminals.evn if dey make a hundred arrest wtout gettin doz involved,it wl lead nowhere
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Uchenna42(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
Hmm...kEep up the good work....
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by heroofnigeria: 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
MAY GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY

Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by baby124: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2012
Suspects, well the obvious missing item is the victim and her whereabouts. It is illegal to arrest, parade and go to the papers about having suspects when you have not conducted any investigation or have proof that they did the act.
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2012
sarutobie: Those 'suspects' are students in futo..they are not the kidnappers..I know each of them..even year 1 students were arrested and used to save face by the police..they didn't even see a single machete in their possesion..

^^^Pray, what were bonafide students doing in the forest?

I don't remember having any need to go into the forest in my university days....but i suppose you'll tell me they were on a picnic and 'catching some fun' in the thick bush. wink
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by SisiKill1: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2012
Yep, here we go again with the arrest of 16 people for a crime.

I wonder if the NPF has like a arrest quota system in place based on the crime.

Disorderly Conduct - 1 - 5

Theft - 5 to 10 Arrest

Kidnapping - 10 - 30 arrest

Murder - 45 - 100 Arrest

Kidnapping AND Murder - Every human and animal that victim ever came in contact with.

NOTE - ALL POLITICIANS AND THE VERY WEALTHY EXEMPTED FROM THE ABOVE.

Signed Police Commissioner

2 Likes

Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by tawa89(f): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

I don't remember having any need to go into the forest in my university days....but i suppose you'll tell me they were on a picnic and 'catching some fun' in the thick bush. wink
bro that's not a forest its a lodge they came there broke all d doors of the lodge and arrested all the students there.These are students that came back for their industrial training defense
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by fkaz(m): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
sarutobie: Those 'suspects' are students in futo..they are not the kidnappers..I know each of them..even year 1 students were arrested and used to save face by the police..they didn't even see a single machete in their possesion..

you are a gud witness
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by sarutobie(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

Guy the name of the alleged 'forest' is 'Dpriest Lodge' in Umuelem in ihiagwa community..lodges are situated around there..year 1 students who don't even know their left from right in the university and 400 level students who just came back from their industrial training are being called suspects? Stoopid police force!..
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Have they released the 63 people in mommy Okonjo's case?
Tell me how 63 people will conspire to kidnap an 82 yr old great grandmother
I don't trust these arrests
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
Double post
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Chinwem(f): 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
So if they have the right people where is our Nkiru Sylvanus then?
They should stop wasting time and ask for more experienced help if they need it. NPF sef undecided
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by sexyglow(f): 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2012
I hope this babe is well & unhurt where ever she's being kept! cry
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2012
NPF I don taya for una! Why not prevent d crime if u r dis effective?
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by tawa89(f): 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2012
The Nigerian police force is utterly useless They raided students lodge in ihiagwa broke all the doors of all the rooms even the rooms of students that weren't around after searching all the rooms without finding even a machete they still went ahead to assault and arrest these boys carting away their laptops and other electronic gadgets even the lodge president that went to the police station to check if they can be bailed has bin detained there since yesterday.Our police force is a huge joke

1 Like

Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by hardbody: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2012
ypzilanti: Kidnappers den in the forest. grin grin grin grin grin.

I pity the unfortunate guys.

I suspect say some of those guys arrested wentto do 'bush shiiting' and they were arrested in the 'forest' for 'kidnapping'. Na wa for 9ja oo
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by ujukala: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
I thought they've been arrested. I mean the ' kid'nappers abi the 'adult'nappers!
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by demmy(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2012
grin grin grin

This is good news for southeast. wink
Re: Nkiru Slyvanus: Police Arrest 16 Suspects by stantob(m): 6:50am On Dec 21, 2012
Why does the police go about arresting innocent citizens, while the people that committed the crime go free at last. Just why why why

(1) (Reply)

Fake Statistics Will Destroy The South West / Four Fulanis Killed And Their Cows Burnt To Death In Anambra State / See A Nigerian Governor In Okija Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.