Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? (16124 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Apart From Your Tribe Which Other Tribe Do You Admire And Why? / Which Tribe Do You Love The Most In Our Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by poshpimkiey(f): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
IGBOs rock[except Nsukka sha] lipsrsealed. Efik and Ibibio on point.
PIMKIE
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Panzastrip(m): 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
When u want to talk about best tribe, give it to Ndigbo. The truth is really biter.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Gloryroad: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hausa
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Navalsadiq(m): 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
pboiskinpy: Igbo kwenu!iyaaaa, Kwenu!! Iyaaa...kwezuenoooo!! Iyooooooooooo
Ndi be anyi,anyi bu oburu iche...(Note=ana m agafe agafe oo)
igbo, hausa and yoruba.you guyz are the major problem we have in this country.though i prefer the hause becase they speak in one voice
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Chuksyno(m): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2012
gbosaa:

Nwokem kwusi,gbaa bureki bia tinye onu na okwu a.

Ezigbo Onye igbo ka i bu nwannem

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by lagcity(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
U ppl and tribe. Una no deny tire?
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
The Idoma of Benue are cool. Humble people, friendly, and they got a coupla hotties too wink

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
I don't like any tribe more than the other but i like the disposition of the average Hausa man(Northerner). They're the most generous people you can ever come across. They're not as money conscious as southerners.

Btw, Abum Nwa Afor Igbo(I'm Igbo)...IGBO MMamanu
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
Smart jeezy: Calabar-their ladies can make u looks like aids patient within a month...
Yoruba-very hospitable,intelligent,educated,pillar of civilization,religion tolerance,good people.more to come later
Thank you jare.. Yee Yoruba ni. our language is easy to learn. for every yoruba family there is always ana educated fellow

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Mexyz(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
For me o,hausa is d best tribe in naija. Hausas re actualy peace luvn people if nt provokd. They dnt cheat nd they frown at cheats nd fraudsters. Many wl crucify me here for sayn ds,bt believe me dats jst d truth. Am an Ishan boy frm Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by hardbody: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
I am detribalized. I see individuals and people not tribes or a group of people from any geographical divide. I respect you for who you are and what you have to offer. I am Igbo by the way, but my friendship cuts across the entire geographical entity called Nigeria. People are either good or bad based on their orientation. I judge none and give to all their fair due.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Amazondepth(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Idoma for their exceptional hospitality,angelic beauty.Hausa when religious matters are out of d picture for unbelievable honesty
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by OkparaIgbo: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
[b]I love Ndi-Igbo to the core. Reason's being:
1. Against the conspirated notion that we are not united, Igbo's are one of the most united set of people
2. Igbo's are always the first to step-up and welcome wholeheartedly strangers and will go out of their way to make sure the stranger feels at home. A popular saying in Igbo is make sure you treat a stranger well (Or something along that line)
3. Their enterprising and industrious nature. This is not because I am a full blooded Igbo man but because of the evidential truth I have seen and keep seeing from time to time. Igbo's have been blessed by God himself in this area and many others
4. Willingness to try out every corner, basically not giving up without a big fight and this is evidential in almost every phase in Nigeria. From the musical,entertainment prowess to the trading sectors
5. As a proud Igbo son, I can authoritatively say that my Igbo sisters are the prettiest damsels around in Nigeria although I hate this issue of trying to raise their heads against their husbands which I read is going on in some families in the USA and yes a few people will say what of the fulani's but I categorise an pretty endowed woman better than just a pretty woman.
6. My Igbo brothers, one love too (NO HOMO)
7. The Igbo cooking and food is one that most be tried if you know you love foods. I haven't experienced anything as lovely and delicious as an Igbo woman's cooking and the variety of foods available to Ndi-Igbo.
8. I can keep going on and on but I will end here..............................

Ndi-Igbo I'bem ekele mu nu ooo. Ndi Chukwu gozi ri agozie ka anyi bu..Iseeee.!!
I challenge every Igbo man and woman to say no to Evil vices and crimes that bring shame to Igbo land and let us make our land as beautiful as it was ordained to be by God....Amen[/b]

5 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
shady26:
storyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.........................

i learnt this during NYSC,yorubas were the peace maker, they were the reason why we call emergency meetings, they support any issue rised, during important discussion, they listen quitely without causing trouble. Almost all of them were virgins, they have strong regard for strangers. Infact, after dt i sworn that will marry a yoruba lady. they are the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
safarigirl: The Idoma of Benue are cool. Humble people, friendly, and they got a coupla hotties too wink
your post provoked a part of me.yea they are really hot wink smiley, have dated a couple though.but BTW what kind of thread is this.OP can do better
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by ireneidiva(f): 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Kalabari in rivers state cos of their clothes
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
OkparaIgbo: [b]I love Ndi-Igbo to the core. Reason's being:
1. Against the conspirated notion that we are not united, Igbo's are one of the most united set of people
2. Igbo's are always the first to step-up and welcome wholeheartedly strangers and will go out of their way to make sure the stranger feels at home. A popular saying in Igbo is make sure you treat a stranger well (Or something along that line)
3. Their enterprising and industrious nature. This is not because I am a full blooded Igbo man but because of the evidential truth I have seen and keep seeing from time to time. Igbo's have been blessed by God himself in this area and many others
4. Willingness to try out every corner, basically not giving up without a big fight and this is evidential in almost every phase in Nigeria. From the musical,entertainment prowess to the trading sectors
5. As a proud Igbo son, I can authoritatively say that my Igbo sisters are the prettiest damsels around in Nigeria although I hate this issue of trying to raise their heads against their husbands which I read is going on in some families in the USA and yes a few people will say what of the fulani's but I categorise an pretty endowed woman better than just a pretty woman.
6. My Igbo brothers, one love too (NO HOMO) true talk, i served in the East, Imo state. they are good
7. The Igbo cooking and food is one that most be tried if you know you love foods. I haven't experienced anything as lovely and delicious as an Igbo woman's cooking and the variety of foods available to Ndi-Igbo.
8. I can keep going on and on but I will end here..............................

Ndi-Igbo I'bem ekele mu nu ooo. Ndi Chukwu gozi ri agozie ka anyi bu..Iseeee.!!
I challenge every Igbo man and woman to say no to Evil vices and crimes that bring shame to Igbo land and let us make our land as beautiful as it was ordained to be by God....Amen[/b]
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by juman(m): 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
afam4eva: I don't like any tribe more than the other but i like the disposition of the average Hausa man(Northerner). They're the most generous people you can ever come across. They're not as money conscious as southerners.

Btw, Abum Nwa Afor Igbo(I'm Igbo)...IGBO MMamanu

I also like typical Hausa person.

Before nigeria turn upside down, typical (common) Hausa persons are known with truthfulness, generosity and straight forwardness.

But they have useless people as leaders like the leaders of other part of the country.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Smartjeezy(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
sammsimm: Marghi people:
d best tribe in d whole wide world
which brand of maggi are u talking about,royco,suppy for suppy,ajinomoto,onga?lol
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Samoneo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ode
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by annawhite(f): 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Efik: Reason; They are very neat,very welcoming,has great food and lots of hotties.
God bless
Ete sosongo o
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by secreyor: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
I'm igbo...i love 'educated' yoruba girls(very level-headed) and my igbo brothers(very united)...i'm sorry but most SE girls are annoying.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by Yujin(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
DANILSA: AM A TYPICAL IGBO MAN cool I DID WANT TO SAY>REMOVE ISLAM AND SEE HOW GOOD AN HAUSA MAN IS< wink
Verily, verily I say you are right.
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by pekelepekele(m): 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
EDO people . Especially the short man with the big mouth grin
Re: What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? by charity12: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
Igbo because dem dey use dia brain wella...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are People Afraid Of 'EMBER' Months? / Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. / Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.