Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? (781 Views)

A Letter From A Mother To Her Daughter / Your Mother-in-law Or Your Mother: Who Stays After Your Wife Delivers? / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Attention(f): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2012
For me, i have made a decision to love who ever my son picks as a wife not minding her state of origin or religion!
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2012
Plan properly for my retirement so I won't go and live indefinately with my son and his family.
Never spend more than 2 weeks on a visit, leave them to miss me like my mother in law does
Be honest, open and straight,
Correct in love and sincerity
Leave no room for gossip and them say them say
Bring up my son to love and respect his wife and take charge of his family
Be objective aand balanced not unnecessarily interfering
Seeing I no get daughters whoever becomes my daughter in law automaticcally becomes my daughter
If she doesn't like me and is rude and unfriendly, I will jejerly hold my peace and hope my love, care and friendliness break down her defencies, if she no gree na her sabi she go tire. But I will not go and pick a fight with someone young enough to be my daughter.
Won't make her feel the least uncomfortable, welcome her with open arms as was done to me
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by baby124: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
I don't know, but all I know is my son is my son. No one messes with my kid. If we are clear on that, then we have no problems. I won't entertain rubbish from a DIL all in the name that she got married and therefore is too dumb to be rational, and expects to get away with anything because she's iyawo olele. My sons won't marry a kid, so she better come correct. I am an objective person, as long as you handle my property in yor hands with care. I know I will raise good men. wink. If you hurt my kid, you will lose big time. cool
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by greatgod2012(f): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
Its very simple, i will never provoke my DIL, i will take her as my child, i will not intrude into their marriage, having enjoyed my own marriage, i will allow her to enjoy her marriage. I will not overstep my boundary. May God spare my life and help me.... Amen.
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by tpia5: 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
why do people sound so threatening over this mother in law issue.

na by force to marry someone's son?

if you kill your MIL, chances are you'll do away with the son as well, given time.

undecided

yes, some MIL are indeed very disagreeable (like yourself), but this "preemptive" attitude displayed by some elements on nl, is very revealing.
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by tpia5: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
Attention: For me, i have made a decision to love who ever my son picks as a wife not minding her state of origin or religion!

good for you, however, everyone doesnt have to do the same.

many factors at play here undecided

if you just own up to the fact that her fears about your place of origin and religion JUST MIGHT be justified, maybe you could have a better case with her?
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2012
baby_123: I don't know, but all I know is my son is my son. No one messes with my kid. If we are clear on that, then we have no problems. I won't entertain rubbish from a DIL all in the name that she got married and therefore is too dumb to be rational, and expects to get away with anything because she's iyawo olele. My sons won't marry a kid, so she better come correct. I am an objective person, as long as you handle my property in yor hands with care. I know I will raise good men. wink. If you hurt my kid, you will lose big time. cool
smh with mother inlaws like u almost all the women on this planet will be afraid of getting married,much more your son.why are u even sounding aggressive like your son is doing the wife a favour.nawa o.you are really living up to your name on nairaland
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 21, 2012
tpia@:
why do people sound so threatening over this mother in law issue.

na by force to marry someone's son?

if you kill your MIL, chances are you'll do away with the son as well, given time.

undecided

yes, some MIL are indeed very disagreeable (like yourself), but this "preemptive" attitude displayed by some elements on nl, is very revealing.
abi,why wont some women wish their mil dead before they marry with attitudes displayed by potential mother inlaws on nairaland.they should thank their stars they are not in countries like america
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 21, 2012
debrief08: Plan properly for my retirement so I won't go and live indefinately with my son and his family.
Never spend more than 2 weeks on a visit, leave them to miss me like my mother in law does
Be honest, open and straight,
Correct in love and sincerity
Leave no room for gossip and them say them say
Bring up my son to love and respect his wife and take charge of his family
Be objective aand balanced not unnecessarily interfering
Seeing I no get daughters whoever becomes my daughter in law automaticcally becomes my daughter
If she doesn't like me and is rude and unfriendly, I will jejerly hold my peace and hope my love, care and friendliness break down her defencies, if she no gree na her sabi she go tire. But I will not go and pick a fight with someone young enough to be my daughter.
Won't make her feel the least uncomfortable, welcome her with open arms as was done to me
if all mother inlaws think like you,99.9 % of marriages in nigeria will be blissful and i wont have cause to read my mother inlaw is this,my mother inlaw is that on nairaland
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 21, 2012
greatgod2012: Its very simple, i will never provoke my DIL, i will take her as my child, i will not intrude into their marriage, having enjoyed my own marriage, i will allow her to enjoy her marriage. I will not overstep my boundary. May God spare my life and help me.... Amen.
amen o,let it be unto you according to your faith
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:06am On Dec 22, 2012
Overstay my welcome! I'll be to busy taking care of my numerous projects to bother with every single thing my daughter/son in-law does!
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 5:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Me? Na enjoyment I dey o grin I go be wife's mother so all enjoyment for me in 4G high def grin

3 amazing sons- in laws ... Whitee or dudu I don't mind grin

just bring all the grandchildren I'm game ....

I'm just not sure the future grandpa will allow screaming / tantrum / whinny kids around too much considering his mellow( me& wife) and selfish retirement plan on an island embarassed

And oh! Topic? I will keep my nose where it belongs and not poke it around and I will shut my face and enjoy what I have left with future grandpa cos seriously that's the only time to enjoy like full time , we worked very hard to raise those kids!

Just please please please treat those princesses good or I'll lose it! grin
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 22, 2012
Some old hags should focus on their household/marriage instead of wreaking havoc on their children's life.

I wouldn't do to my children what I don't want my mother to do to me.

My grandma is a great MIL, I hope I can be just like her when I'm in that position kiss
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 22, 2012
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 22, 2012
@CC

Hmmm sounds good.

grin
Re: What Would U Not Do When U Become A Mother In Law? by Odunnu: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2012
chaircover: I am working my socks off now so that I have a decent retirement pot and all i am waiting for is for the youngest to enter uni and we then we take early retirement.

. . . . God bless us with good health (Amen) cos boy oh boy that is where the fun begins. Relocate Straight to Nigeria and from there all those round the world cruises/trips and to all those countries/places we haven't been able to go to because we were saving up for our kids future/education.

So I dont know how I am going to swap lying on the beach & sipping cocktails for looking into my DIL's pot of soup. Infact if they have babies, they are going to beg me to come and stay and even then I trust Mr CC will be sending emissary to bring his wife back to him after just one week.

What I owe my kids is a decent upbringing, stable environment and a good education and we have put jara of getting them on the housing ladder, after which I go back and enjoy my own life. Enjoying my life certainly does not include squabbles with my DIL or generally being a nuisance.

He picked her, he loves her and he is happy with her . . . . that is no biz of mine. we have trained him into becoming a fine stable young man and any mistakes or bad judgment he makes is down to us!

To think that in the next 10 years or so I will be a MIL shocked shocked . . . . Barbados here we come!!!! grin grin
10yrs ke? If na play, abeg stop am! My daughter wont be old enough in 10yrs o. He has to wait for her to grow up well.

(1) (Reply)

Seminar On Understanding And Compassion For intimate Deviants. / A Warning To All Parents And Guardians! / What’s Your Selling Point?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.