Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (13062 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by sammychimex(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Every mans ignorance is his mountain, i wonder why a person in his senses will say theres no God any way if u want an experience ask God for one.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
wiegraf:

Because they are insulting, silly questions. What do you expect?

I simply asked because of some of the comments you made earlier on, and I don't know you so why should I insult you. You might think I was trying to insult u but these things happen and I know of someone who went through this ordeal and its only by the special grace of God that she is getting better. Initially when it first started nobody attached anything to it
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Jakumo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yooguyz: i feel very sorry for you making a mockery of the holy ghost like that...you need a touch of power

I must confess that your threat to apply "power", in a bid to discipline me, really has me worried.

How can I attone for my sins ? Should I stop at once my treasured pastime of eating beaver ? I hope you realize that this change of lifestyle will cause me great mental anguish and distress, for which I will naturally blame you, and possibly wind up having to sue you in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Adet5(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
A brother in my fellowship has the gift and he is the only one i av ever seen

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Jakumo:

I must confess that your threat to apply "power", in a bid to discipline me, really has me worried.

How can I attone for my sins ? Should I stop at once my treasured pastime of eating beaver ? I hope you realize that this change of lifestyle will cause me great mental anguish and distress, for which I will naturally blame you, and possibly wind up having to sue you in the court of law.
hahaha....lol..wear an iron pant or better still thrust a hot coal bearing thong to your tongue..dat would do
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Saxophemsy: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
kenlash: I believe speaking in tongue is a gift of d holy spirit, it cannot be Taught or learnt like most of dis churches do. D holy spirit has to come down on u before u can speak. I dnt believe d first word dt comes out From ur mouth shld be in tongue during prayers. Like a pastor would just come to d alter nd just tell d congregation to pray in tongue nd d ppl wd just start ,its Annoying,that bn said I ve actually seen someone speaking yl anoda interpretes.
your post seems to insinuate that d holy spirit comes down on som1 and leaves when He's true. That is nt the how it is in this new dispensation, it was in the old testament era that d holyspirit came and went intermittently because at that time christ was nt glorified. Now that he has bn glorified, the holyspirit that He promised comes upon and continually stays on a man as it is recorded in ephesians that the fullness of the deity(trinity) dwells in us. The holyspirit was manifested to the disciples at the upper room and they did nt have to cal forth the spirit again because he was always with them. Also,contrary to ur opinion, a person(already baptised with the spirit) can decide to speak in tongues whenever he wills as paul said 'i will pray in undersanding, and i will pray in the spirit also'1cor14:15..so a pastor can ask me to pray to God in tongues and i will
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Saxophemsy: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
kenlash: I believe speaking in tongue is a gift of d holy spirit, it cannot be Taught or learnt like most of dis churches do. D holy spirit has to come down on u before u can speak. I dnt believe d first word dt comes out From ur mouth shld be in tongue during prayers. Like a pastor would just come to d alter nd just tell d congregation to pray in tongue nd d ppl wd just start ,its Annoying,that bn said I ve actually seen someone speaking yl anoda interpretes.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by UjSizzle(f): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually I know of an old illiterate woman in a church I attended when I was back in Enugu who only speaks Igbo and cannot speak a word of English but whenever she prays in tongues, she prophesies in English.

I have also heard the testimony of a muslim who came to Enugu for a conference and while the church was praying, a particular brother was praying in tongues and speaking in Hausa and this muslim (now ex-muslim) was listening to him and asking questions in his heart while the brother who was speaking in tongues was giving him direct answers to the thoughts in his heart. That is how the guy got saved from Islam and came to Christ. Mind you, the guy that was praying did not know how to speak Hausa at all.

I can tell you about the first day I spoke in tongues. I remember consciously trying not to speak but whenever I opened my mouth, the words came bubbling out. I remember going down on my knees and crying because I was a skeptic and it had only been about a few weeks since I came to the knowledge of Christ but the Holy Spirit chose to give me an experience that cleared all doubt for me.
blessed be brother.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by vislabraye(m): 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mcdugull:

Oya make you PROPHESY mr. we dey waite you ! undecided undecided undecided

Lol. Even if I do it, you can't hear me.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Limaoscar: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tu est malade!

You are the sick one here! Not because you don't understand but because you you don't believe and you need the Physician and the Balm in Gilead to heal you...He is called Jesus!

If you confess Him and renounce your sins and Evil ways, He'd come into your heart and He will forgive your sins and Heal you of your infirmities.

A simple Prayer to him will do.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
[size=18pt]Rashabalabobo.lammadada...mosojoloko.....molashawolomo..popoplololopp.rededamalaka...shalaakabomba....temelelolo..
.mombaskahal...sandamura

You are all mad.

Speaking in tongues my bottom. Weere[/size]

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by EvilBrain1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yooguyz: you are wrong isaiah28:11-12, 1cor 14:17-22 .some translations quote Isaiah saying "with babbling speech..." (to conote the way toodlers talk wic is gibberish) "...and tongues of other nations"(just d way it was spoken on the day of pentecost..Hence we infer that Paul was talking about 2 kinds of tongues

So we're back to quoting bible verses out of context to twist their meaning abi? By the way, the verse in Isaiah says "foreign lips and strange tongues". Let me break it down for you: Hindustani is foreign speech. The click language of the San people is a strange tongue. What you born again people are mumbling is meaningless nonsense. There is a clear and obvious difference.

I don't know whether you've been reading the Rétarded Standard Version or you have a problem with reading and comprehension.

Bible misinterpretation fail!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by cold(m): 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

I feel very much insulted that you will make jest of such a wonderful experience. If you don't believe fine but please mind what you say. if any of you making jest of the gifts of God and God should ever feel his wrath ..... Hmmmm I pity you.
Lawdhammercy! Look at how i'm shaking..my eyes have sunk..gosh what is happening to me na...what have i done to deserve this? Ehh
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by cold(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Shokoloko:

I rebuke u. Casting down every imagination that exalts itself against the glory of God
Ahh mogbe o! Will i see past today or is this the end of the world for me?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Originalsly: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Yooguyz: FOOL tell n show me churches and people who speak the "real tongues" like in the day of pentecost. Am waiting
I guess we are both fools....according to you. Is it not the same answer am waiting for? You need to read well before responding.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 8:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

So we're back to quoting bible verses out of context to twist their meaning abi? By the way, the verse in Isaiah says "foreign lips and strange tongues". Let me break it down for you: Hindustani is foreign speech. The click language of the San people is a strange tongue. What you born again people are mumbling is meaningless nonsense. There is a clear and obvious difference.

I don't know whether you've been reading the Rétarded Standard Version or you have a problem with reading and comprehension.

your reply showed that you didnt read the quotations i put above, however i recommend the bible concordance "strongs exhausive dictionary of biblical words" or "vines expository dictionary" to confirm wat i said (that is if u really want to know the truth). But if you are so blind (which i believe you are) it will only held give a new perspective by which you'll anchor your criticisms
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]Rashabalabobo.lammadada...mosojoloko.....molashawolomo..popoplololopp.rededamalaka...shalaakabomba....temelelolo..
.mombaskahal...sandamura

You are all mad.

wow...you seem so bold of wat you said clap for yourself....one more time...good boy..a note of warning just be careful so don't bite your tongue
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Yooguyz: 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain: oh really? Oooh am "soo sowie" i think i have to replace the translation i have been reading with Jehovah's cult Bible oh maybe dat would enlighten me except that i am also allowed to love-vendor the bible to my taste begining with John1:1 "...was(a) god" lets see...wat do you think about me adding sufix to god.."....was gods". Think thats perfect

[quote author=Evil Brain]
I don't know whether you've been reading the Rétarded Standard Version or you have a problem with reading and comprehension.[quote author=Evil Brain]

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by obyrich(m): 8:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

You cannot say that someone is speaking rubbish just because what you can hear is gibberish, let God be the judge after all it is him we are trying to communicate with. I remember the first day I ever spoke in tongues. I told God that I don't want to talk rubbish but that he should make me know that it is indeed from him. I remember we were told to lift up our hands and just talk to Jesus, while I was saying thank you Father for a beautiful day and so on, suddenly a very powerful but light wind/force pushed me to the ground, I started rolling and when I opened my mouth to say you are the alpha and the omega a different language came out. It felt as if my tongue was loosed and I started talking I kept on speaking in this strange language for over an hour. If I try to speak in English, a different language will come out

so what did you understand from your utterances?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Tunby(m): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03: [size=18pt]Rashabalabobo.lammadada...mosojoloko.....molashawolomo..popoplololopp.rededamalaka...shalaakabomba....temelelolo..
.mombaskahal...sandamura

You are all mad.

The exact reaction of a spiritual illiterate or unbeliever.It is expected.1cor14:23.In case u are the later, all u have to do is Believe died as punishment for your sin and was raised up for ur justification.Simple!!! and u are saved.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
All na Mind Games
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tunby: The exact reaction of a spiritual illiterate or unbeliever.It is expected.1cor14:23.In case u are the later, all u have to do is Believe died as punishment for your sin and was raised up for ur justification.Simple!!! and u are saved.

olowosharaap....mededede..ramalata...kosholobo

grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Tunby(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
.mombaskahal...sandamura

You are all mad.

The exact reaction of a spiritual illiterate or unbeliever.It is expected.1cor14:23.In case u are the later, all u have to do is Believe JESUS CHRIST died as punishment for your sin and was raised up for ur justification.Simple!!! and u are saved.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by curfew: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: Tongues and visions!! you are only hallucinating, there is no God. If you are hallucinating more than you should, then you have hurt your brain with the religious crap so much that you are going crazy. See a doctor!

my brother, there is a living GOD, the knowledge of WHOM is a secret. if you wish to know GOD, you really have to seek HIM. the so called bible is at best a kindergarten spiritual book made primarily to make people 'good', which of course is the first step towards knowing GOD. the hidden things about GOD are far too dangerous for many to handle.

expand you thinking a little bit. imagine how big the universe is. imagine the forces that hold everything in place. even your body is made of tiny floating particles held in place by forces. those particles never touch one another. there is unseen hand behind creation. many a man has known GOD, not knowing as in having knowledge of something, e.g. you probably know the routes to ikeja. no. not that type of knowledge.

in this part of the world, people are still in darkness. that knowledge of GOD is scarce. church or pastor is seen as god. people are deceiving and are being deceived.

have in your mind that there is GOD. WHO is neither WHO nor HE, for HE is not a man, rather HE is what HE is. or simply see HIM as a body of immutable laws.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by ChrisGnarly: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ poster and everybody here, try n read ur bible with understanding, forget what u ve known bf. plz read d same first corint 13:8. God bless u, plz need to study more with ur bible call 08026991115 thanks
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by ChrisGnarly: 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
if anybody or any christian say that he speak in tong today, he dcv him self, read ur bible wt understanding, read first corintians chapter 13:8 - 13. God bless u
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by wiegraf: 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

I simply asked because of some of the comments you made earlier on, and I don't know you so why should I insult you. You might think I was trying to insult u but these things happen and I know of someone who went through this ordeal and its only by the special grace of God that she is getting better. Initially when it first started nobody attached anything to it

Even if I asked more or else the same questions to him, who says I was expecting a polite reply? If I ask a silly question, I expect to be replied in kind, and then we can take it from there. It's nothing personal, but since you're about love etc I can see why it may bother you. People like me could care less though. I replied you in kind

And they weren't silly questions, even if a bit facetious or ostensibly be so. Word salad is a symptom of schizophrenia, as are all the other things I asked about in my post. He claims he rambles incoherently and uncontrollably, obviously something is wrong here, I'm just trying to find out what. I don't claim to ramble incoherently for no reason, so it would be rude to ask me out of the blue

Of course it"s more likely hysteria, but schizophrenia is funnier smiley . Your friend as well, placebo. I'm very sure lots of other people went through problems similar to whatever problems she had and came through in an exemplary fashion without the holy ghost. Most likely the solution involving hard work or action rather than sitting and staring into space.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Gabrielsylar(m): 6:19am On Dec 22, 2012
.mombaskahal...sandamura

You are all mad.

for by GRACE we are saved.....the more I see insanity like this the more I thank God for my salvation.....haleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Princejydo(m): 8:30am On Dec 22, 2012
ooman: Tongues and visions!! you are only hallucinating, there is no God. If you are hallucinating more than you should, then you have hurt your brain with the religious crap so much that you are going crazy. See a doctor!

A day man dont die again then u can be rite but inasmuch u wil die i beg there is a power beyond you believe it or not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 / The Reasons People Convert From Christianity To Islam / Do You Believe The World Will End on 21:12:12?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.