Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (13078 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Cogent: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually I know of an old illiterate woman in a church I attended when I was back in Enugu who only speaks Igbo and cannot speak a word of English but whenever she prays in tongues, she prophesies in English.

Hoax, the woman is paid to pretend

I have also heard the testimony of a muslim who came to Enugu for a conference and while the church was praying, a particular brother was praying in tongues and speaking in Hausa and this muslim (now ex-muslim) was listening to him and asking questions in his heart while the brother who was speaking in tongues was giving him direct answers to the thoughts in his heart. That is how the guy got saved from Islam and came to Christ. Mind you, the guy that was praying did not know how to speak Hausa at all.

Hoax again, the 'Muslim' and the guy speaking Hausa were paid to attract people to the church.

I can tell you about the first day I spoke in tongues. I remember consciously trying not to speak but whenever I opened my mouth, the words came bubbling out. I remember going down on my knees and crying because I was a skeptic and it had only been about a few weeks since I came to the knowledge of Christ but the Holy Spirit chose to give me an experience that cleared all doubt for me.

Hysteria

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by kenlash: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2012
I believe speaking in tongue is a gift of d holy spirit, it cannot be Taught or learnt like most of dis churches do. D holy spirit has to come down on u before u can speak. I dnt believe d first word dt comes out From ur mouth shld be in tongue during prayers. Like a pastor would just come to d alter nd just tell d congregation to pray in tongue nd d ppl wd just start ,its Annoying,that bn said I ve actually seen someone speaking yl anoda interpretes.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by nezpablo: 10:21am On Dec 21, 2012
I can tell u categorically dat there is interpretation of tongue and i had seen it. My General Overseer will interprete for u. If u speak in tongue and u go and meet him to tell u,he would tells u. There, i understood that it is spiritual thing. Holy spirit helps u to pray not amiss JAMES 4:3, because we dont knw how to pray ROM 8:26. What u are sayin when speakin in tongue may be diff frm what u intended to ask.so d spirit helps nt to pray amiss so u can receive matt 7:8. It is a heavenly language. D satan and evil spirit dont understand it. So, i ve seen interpretation of tongues. But,very rare
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by buoye1(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2012
Yes i av.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by DCTrendy(m): 10:27am On Dec 21, 2012
@ Poster,

I have seen it before. It is real!

In 2003 or so, I went to pray on d montain, there was an Evangelist that use to lead the prayer and I joined them. Meanwhile, there was another group of people praying @ the extreme end of the montain.

When it was exactly 12noon, someone from the other group started speaking in tonuges @ the peak of her voice. Then the evangelist stopped our prayer and everone became calmed.

When the woman stopped, our Evan. Said God said, we should pray and say Father, as this Sun is coming out, let my glory appear n shine too. Prior to that time, the weather was dull and cloudy, but exactly 12noon, theSun came out n started shinning brightly.

So, I av seen it and I know its really.

Also, the fact that its not common nowaday doesn't mean its not exisiting. If its not, the Bible ll not put it there.

Grace be unto us all.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by warrikid(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: Tongues and visions!! you are only hallucinating, there is no God. If you are hallucinating more than you should, then you have hurt your brain with the religious crap so much that you are going crazy. See a doctor!
I can confidently refer to u as a foooooool witout any remorse or reserve,cos the Holy Bible says in proverbs that it is the Fool that says in his heart that there is no God.
Ur own even worst cos u talk am out. May God save our soul otherwise May he Rest your soul in Hell.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by DrummaBoy(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2012
An Advice to Christian on NL. When you come here to make comments, know that you are speaking to the public where there are atheist, agnostics, muslims, and a legion of other beliefs. So expect to be queried, insulted, etc. But NL offers an opportunity to state the truth; which we need not have to prove; we state it, trusting the Holy Spirit to use it to convince the worst skeptic in the day of their need to bring them to faith in Jesus. So take all comments with a large heart.

Having said that, let me state that all gifts stated in 1Corinthians 12 are a reality today and bc some like interpreting of tongues is not so common does not mean it doesn't exist. Scripture says it does and I believe it. I have witnessed interpreting of tongues but on very few occasions. I think the Holy Spirit gives and manifest the gifts as they are needed. While it is true there is a thousand and one fake tongue out there, there are genuine ones too. I speak in tongues and sometimes even have the wonderful experience of groaning, a deeper prayer also in tongues and sometimes inaudible.

BUT, in my view while tongues helps a great deal in prayer, manifesting the gifts of the Spirit as it is common with Pentecostal is not the most important thing but 1Corinthian 13: LOVE. Christians are called to live up their lives in love in such a way that they convince the ever so skeptic world that Jesus Christ is Lord. Speaking with tongues, performing miracles and the likes, while society remains corrupt and backward is not a good testimony to the Lordship of our Lord. So speak in tongue in your closet but more importantly live a life that benefits society, bringing social reformation and good governance. That is the good report that the elders obtained in Hebrew 11 and it is the good report that many Pentecostals do not have in Nigeria because many cannot reconcile a tongue talking society with one steeped in corruption and violence.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by honsule(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2012
i have witnessed the gift of interpretation of tongues:
In April,2010 i reluctantly went for a 3 days retreat @ Redemption camp organized by Evang.Gboyega shitta.As usual,we followed d programme/schedule of the retreat,until the last day.that nite was awesome.My first time of witnessing interpretation of tongues.The Holy Spirit took over the programme around 1am or thereabout.A lady was speaking in tongues and a brother was interpreting it.The Holy spirit was just addressing specific issues in peoples lives.she spoke in tongues for like 2 hours,likewise interpretation by the other brother.i have never seen sth like that in my Christian walk with God.The Holy Spirit is so awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by wiegraf: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

Do you hear voices wiegraf? Do you receive messages from these voices?

What flavor of stoopid is this? Explain to me why these questions oh deluded one?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by deepwaters(f): 10:47am On Dec 21, 2012
I've also been hoping to witness interpretation of tongues. Unfortunately, all I hear is people blasting tongues, at the same time, in a big congregation, and creating a cacophony exactly like the confusion that was spoken about in 1 Cor 14:33. I believe there's a gift of speaking tongues, but I think many people are just blabbing to feel 'among'. Now I don't even covet it, and I've been labeled a sinner because I don't speak tongues by one campus fellowship brother before. I don't mind, I prefer to seek more the fruits of the Holy Spirit, and Love, which even more than gifts, is a more excellent way. And any gift God deems it fit to give me, no problem. Afterall, it isn't only those who speak in tongues that will make heaven. Still on the lookout for interpreters though!
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 21, 2012
davidque007: its very real, but always remember that a non-spiritual person CANNOT understand it, its follishness to the carnal man, so trying to explains it or proove its existence to a carnal person is a waste. Only proofs will make people believe in this age
_
So those guys that heard and understood their language in the bible were spiritual? Is that what you were saying? Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol. mumu.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by realsammie(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2012
davidque007: its very real, but always remember that a non-spiritual person CANNOT understand it, its follishness to the carnal man, so trying to explains it or proove its existence to a carnal person is a waste. Only proofs will make people believe in this age
Can not understand what u call all those rabababa sheborebashe speaking in tongue. SMH. I am still waiting for those that can speak in HEBREW, LATIN etc like the early apostles did because the Bible said that they were speaking in the peoples own languages and not the crap u guyz are spitting out
Acts 2:6
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by globasalient: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2012
Am a living experience of it my story is a long one but not for
Today, something woke me up in the middle of the nite that I should
Pray then out of nothing I started speaking in tongues and every
Time I speak in tongues I translated it myself and d last thing
That came out of my mouth was I wanted to show u am still the
Living God that y I allowed u to translate wht u were saying
My household were stunned my pastor ran down whn he heard it
And said it a manifestation an assurance that God as not left
Me no matter wht am going thru, I still speak in tongues and one
Question I keeping y did he (God) do it upon my sins d beauty and
Power of speaking in tongues still lives in me while they are
Strong Christians better than me y did he give me d manifestation
Or mayb ave missed my line of calling and he's waiting for me
To retrace my choice of career I await diligently to see were he's
Taking me too am a living witness I spoke in tongues and I
Interpreted it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2012
wiegraf:

What flavor of stoopid is this? Explain to me why these questions oh deluded one?

I only asked a question which requires a yes or no answer. I don't understand why you have to start throwing insults.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by allusico12: 11:32am On Dec 21, 2012
1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Read 1 Corinthians 12: 1 - 31. For clarity - NIV
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Tunby(m): 11:38am On Dec 21, 2012
Its relatively easier to speak with tongues than to interprete.Paul urged the corinthian church not just to pray in tongues but to prophecy(1cor14:5,39).Interpretation of tongues only takes a mature mind that is knowledgeable and has exercised himself enough in spiritual things.Just as natural things, spiritual things can be practiced and mastered.Many today are too lazy and busy to do spiritual exercises.Now tongues are not human language(1cor14:2,14) 'no man understandeth him'.Also there are two kinds of people that think tongues are crazy:1- The unbeliever. 2- The unlearned(spirituall illiterate) christian 1cor14:23.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2012
Willy7: As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks

MY DEAR ITS A VERY RARE GIFT, I HAD WITNESSED IT TWICE.

ON ONE OCASSION A LADY PROFESSIED IN TONGUE U SHLD KNOW WHAT I MEAN IF U ARE A COMMITED XTIAN AS SAID. ANOTHER LADY TOOK OVER FRO HER IMMEDIATELY SHE FINISHED NO PROPHESYING IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

ON ANOTHER OCASSION A PROHPECY IN TONGUE CAME DURING A PRAYER SECTION ,THEN AFTER THE PRAYER A MAN WORKED UP TO THE ALTER AN INTERPRETED THE TONGUE. MEANWHILE MINISTER SAID THAT GOD HAD GIVEN SOMEONE THE INTERPRETATION OF THE PROPHECY AND IMMEDIATELY THE PERSON STOOD UP.

U CAN SEE THIS IN RARE GATHERING, WHERE THE PASTORS AND MINISTER IS PURE AND NOT DECEIVING THEMSELVES.

I WITNESS THIS IN DISCIPLESHIP PROGRAME OF GBILE AKANNI, WHEN IT WAS STILL BEIGN HOLD REGIONAL (ABEOKUTA CHAPTER FAR BACK IN 2000,2001)
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by maliso: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2012
2 CORINTHIANS 2:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

You dnt have to believe that tongues is real after-all the bible says "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned"
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2012
realsammie:
Can not understand what u call all those rabababa sheborebashe speaking in tongue. SMH. I am still waiting for those that can speak in HEBREW, LATIN etc like the early apostles did because the Bible said that they were speaking in the peoples own languages and not the crap u guyz are spitting out
Acts 2:6

Yea they are just baby tongues like someone repeating God is great, over and again. If people asked most times tongues are in latin, greek, hebrew and as many languages are out there. It is God wanting His Children to confess faith and speak the word in accordance to the intercessions at hand.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by cold(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
mygirrl:

You cannot say that someone is speaking rubbish just because what you can hear is gibberish, let God be the judge after all it is him we are trying to communicate with. I remember the first day I ever spoke in tongues. I told God that I don't want to talk rubbish but that he should make me know that it is indeed from him. I remember we were told to lift up our hands and just talk to Jesus, while I was saying thank you Father for a beautiful day and so on, suddenly a very powerful but light wind/force pushed me to the ground, I started rolling and when I opened my mouth to say you are the alpha and the omega a different language came out. It felt as if my tongue was loosed and I started talking I kept on speaking in this strange language for over an hour. If I try to speak in English, a different language will come out
grin grin Similar to an experience i had in the mid 2000s. Whilst i was praying fervently & ferociously,suddenly fell to the ground & starting hearing a voice in my head; 'let the bodies hit the floor,let the bodies hit floor aahh let the bodies hit the floor'. It kept going on & on & every where i turned people where dropping to the floor like hot potatoes. It was such an exhilirating experience..sigh..igbo na bahdt tin grin
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
mulumele: Jesus said,"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you".
Some of these topics being brought up for debates and comments in this forum full of atheists and mockers only lead to blasphemy.These should be rather discussed among Christians.
Just my opinion.
Wagbayi big tym.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by enozy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
Frankly speaking, some people are really doom and lost. all they to is search for logic and reasons to feel more comfortable and justify their sins. For your information heanenly things is not solved by human logic. wait and experience the move of God then you will find yourself speaking in that tongue you speak against

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Intepretation of tongues is common amongst the white garment church. V witnessed it before.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Winneygirl(f): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
A friend of mine who undrstds yoruba and hausa, went 2 a prayer house. While prayer was on, d pastor(who undrtds on english and yoruba) was speaking in diff tongues. My friend confirms dat He heard d pastor speak hausa, bt d hausa dialect spoken in sokoto state, whr he schooled.
Someone else confirmd dat he heard d pastor speak Urhobo, his native language. Dis ws at d same prayer session.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by ezesun(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
In the real sense, i'v seen bigger. There was a prophet in my side, he was born to a poor family so he was unable to go to school. But there is different, whenever he was in the spirit and wanted to deliver the message, he used to speak english, let me tell u this, i don't think so this prophet knows the diff between 's' and '5'. Beware, there is a divine gift. Don't sin against the holy spirit through your comment, think!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by princechozy: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
To the canal man the things of the spirit is foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by bishopjoe02(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
hey! u are getting it all wrong, there are two types of tongues, there is the one for prayer, that's btw u and God and most time does not nid an interpreter, the tongues that require interpretation is the one spoken for the edification of the church or individual ie wen u are delivery a message from God to a church or an individual;, then u nid an interpreter
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Abrantie: 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain:
I kept looking for someone who'd start speaking Cantonese or some other foreign tongue. Instead, all I kept hearing was "rabababa mamamama shokoraba" Even a 10 year old can tell the difference between a strange language and gibberish.

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tunby: Its relatively easier to speak with tongues than to interprete.Paul urged the corinthian church not just to pray in tongues but to prophecy(1cor14:5,39).Interpretation of tongues only takes a mature mind that is knowledgeable and has exercised himself enough in spiritual things.Just as natural things, spiritual things can be practiced and mastered.Many today are too lazy and busy to do spiritual exercises.Now tongues are not human language(1cor14:2,14) 'no man understandeth him'.Also there are two kinds of people that think tongues are crazy:1- The unbeliever. 2- The unlearned(spirituall illiterate) christian 1cor14:23.
point of correction sir! U don't ave to be a matured xtian to be able to interprete tongues..the corinthian folks paul was speaking to were carnal(baby xtians)..yet they manifested the gifts of d Spirit though in a disorderly manner..the friuts of d Spirit is expressed in all believers as they grow in grace and knowledge but the gifts of the Spirit is instantaneous...there is also a difference between ministry gifts(five fold ministry) and devotional gifts of tongues
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
Bidam: point of correction sir! U don't ave to be a matured xtian to be able to interprete tongues..the corinthian folks paul was speaking to were carnal(baby xtians)..yet they manifested the gifts of d Spirit though in a disorderly manner..the friuts of d Spirit is expressed in all believers as they grow in grace and knowledge but the gifts of the Spirit is instantaneous...there is also a difference between ministry gifts(five fold ministry) and devotional gifts of tongues

baby christians and mature christians?

Do you "speaking in tongues" christians know how foolish you sound?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by firebrand: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Personally, I have witness interpretation of tongues and it is real. Besides, contributors so far has not showed deep understanding of the scripture. There is clear difference between BAPTISM OF HOLY GHOST and GIFT OF TONGUE. A believer who is saved and sanctified could received the baptism of holy ghost, which is evident upon speaking of earthly language. People around you that speak such earthly language will not only understand the language, but marvel at the fluency and mastery of the language by the speaker. This is made possible by the Holy Ghost. But bear in mind that the language is purely earthly languaege.(Acts 2)

On the other hand, gift of tongue is one of the spiritual gifts of the church. The one with such gift only speak the language of heaven that confuses satan. When we are praying, we are permitted to speak in tongue if we have the gift provided there is another fellow to provide interpretation, which is also a spiritual gift. So if you are praying and you speak in tongue, and it is a language that is well spoken somewhere on this planet and can also be understood by a particular tribe or ethnicity, then it is not the gift of tongue but rather a baptism of holy ghost. (1 Cor. 12,14 )

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Celebrates His 74th Birthday Today / The Aftermath Of Rapture / Things You Should Know As An Instrumentalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.