Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (13077 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / I Need An Interpretation Of This Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Willy7(m): 11:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by OmoAlata(f): 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
Willy7: And this leaves me with question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before?

I have but in all honesty, and I am a Christian, I didn't believe the guys. What I saw in operation was 2 guys speaking in tongues, one would speak, the other would interpret, then the other would speak, and the first one would interpret. I simply felt they were both 'interpreting' what they both wanted to say. Know what I mean? grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Willy7(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2012
Omo Alata:

I have but in all honesty, and I am a Christian, I didn't believe the guys. What I saw in operation was 2 guys speaking in tongues, one would speak, the other would interpret, then the other would speak, and the first one would interpret. I simply felt they were both 'interpreting' what they both wanted to say. Know what I mean? grin
lolzz,i can only imagine.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by EvilBrain1(m): 12:39am On Dec 21, 2012
When I was a kid, this was one of my first clear clues that Christianity was a crock of bullshít. The tongues people were speaking were clearly just gibberish. And I never once heard anybody speak in a real, known language, which is what Acts of the Apostles was clearly talking about.

I kept looking for someone who'd start speaking Cantonese or some other foreign tongue. Instead, all I kept hearing was "rabababa mamamama shokoraba" Even a 10 year old can tell the difference between a strange language and gibberish.

How other Christians fail to realize this is beyond me. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by MrAnony1(m): 2:48am On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain: When I was a kid, this was one of my first clear clues that Christianity was a crock of bullshít. The tongues people were speaking were clearly just gibberish. And I never once heard anybody speak in a real, known language, which is what Acts of the Apostles was clearly talking about.

I kept looking for someone who'd start speaking Cantonese or some other foreign tongue. Instead, all I kept hearing was "rabababa mamamama shokoraba" Even a 10 year old can tell the difference between a strange language and gibberish.

How other Christians fail to realize this is beyond me. None are so blind as those who refuse to see.
Actually I know of an old illiterate woman in a church I attended when I was back in Enugu who only speaks Igbo and cannot speak a word of English but whenever she prays in tongues, she prophesies in English.

I have also heard the testimony of a muslim who came to Enugu for a conference and while the church was praying, a particular brother was praying in tongues and speaking in Hausa and this muslim (now ex-muslim) was listening to him and asking questions in his heart while the brother who was speaking in tongues was giving him direct answers to the thoughts in his heart. That is how the guy got saved from Islam and came to Christ. Mind you, the guy that was praying did not know how to speak Hausa at all.

I can tell you about the first day I spoke in tongues. I remember consciously trying not to speak but whenever I opened my mouth, the words came bubbling out. I remember going down on my knees and crying because I was a skeptic and it had only been about a few weeks since I came to the knowledge of Christ but the Holy Spirit chose to give me an experience that cleared all doubt for me.

33 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Actually I know of an old illiterate woman in a church I attended when I was back in Enugu who only speaks Igbo and cannot speak a word of English but whenever she prays in tongues, she prophesies in English.

I have also heard the testimony of a muslim who came to Enugu for a conference and while the church was praying, a particular brother was praying in tongues and speaking in Hausa and this muslim (now ex-muslim) was listening to him and asking questions in his heart while the brother who was speaking in tongues was giving him direct answers to the thoughts in his heart. That is how the guy got saved from Islam and came to Christ. Mind you, the guy that was praying did not know how to speak Hausa at all.

I can tell you about the first day I spoke in tongues. I remember consciously trying not to speak but whenever I opened my mouth, the words came bubbling out. I remember going down on my knees and crying because I was a skeptic and it had only been about a few weeks since I came to the knowledge of Christ but the Holy Spirit chose to give me an experience that cleared all doubt for me.

grin grin grin

Bullshyt

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by MrAnony1(m): 3:20am On Dec 21, 2012
Logicboy03:

grin grin grin

Bullshyt
SMH
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by wiegraf: 4:13am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Do you hear voices as well?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by MrAnony1(m): 4:25am On Dec 21, 2012
wiegraf:

Do you hear voices as well?
Which voices?
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Jakumo(m): 5:05am On Dec 21, 2012
Evil Brain: When I was a kid, this was one of my first clear clues that Christianity was a crock of bullshít. The tongues people were speaking were clearly just gibberish. And I never once heard anybody speak in a real, known language, which is what Acts of the Apostles was clearly talking about.

Anyone who feels that the gibberish spouted in those loony sessions is in any way meaningful is ALREADY a certified nut-case candidate who is eminently qualified to don a strait jacket DEEP in the loony bin, and that is no lie.

Mr_Anony:
Which voices?

Crazy voices, ha ha ha, Yeah, crazy voices commanding you to go out and kill random muffuggus, for example ha ha ha.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by MrAnony1(m): 5:09am On Dec 21, 2012
Jakumo:
Crazy voices, ha ha ha, Yeah, crazy voices commanding you to go out and kill random muffuggus, for example ha ha ha.
Really? I've never heard any of those. Have you?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Jakumo(m): 5:21am On Dec 21, 2012
No sir indeed. I only hear real voices spoken by real people. None of that imaginary chit for me ha ha ha

On second thoughts, however, when I behold a really hot young woman, a commanding voice in my head reminds me that she must be the custodian of some truly tight red snapper, and that it is my sacred duty to enquire further.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by MrAnony1(m): 5:45am On Dec 21, 2012
Jakumo: No sir indeed. I only hear real voices spoken by real people. None of that imaginary chit for me ha ha ha
In the same way I only hear real voices spoken by real people.
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Willy7(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Noted.I'm yet to see such anyway.Thanks for ur contribution
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by ooman(m): 8:43am On Dec 21, 2012
Tongues and visions!! you are only hallucinating, there is no God. If you are hallucinating more than you should, then you have hurt your brain with the religious crap so much that you are going crazy. See a doctor!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by a1solution: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2012
Since speakin in tongue is pretens anybody can speak in tongue

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by pyyxxaro: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2012
[quote author=ooman]Tongues and visions!! you are only hallucinating, there is no God. If you are hallucinating more than you should, then you have hurt your brain with the religious crap so much that you are going crazy. See a doctor![/quo

U must be from Ogba Zoo grin shocked tongue

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2012
Willy7: As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks

Go kiss your girlfriend you go witness am! grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by vislabraye(m): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2012
I think I've witnessed interpretaion of tongue in TAC. Its quite rare but it happens.
Sometimes when I want to prophesy, I start with speaking in tongues.
No one can determine the kind of tongues to speak; whether Chinese, Hausa, Spanish or Itshekiri. It might even be an unearthly language. Whatever it is, receive it with faith.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 21, 2012
vislabraye: I think I've witnessed interpretaion of tongue in TAC. Its quite rare but it happens.
Sometimes when I want to prophesy, I start with speaking in tongues.
No one can determine the kind of tongues to speak; whether Chinese, Hausa, Spanish or Itshekiri. It might even be an unearthly language. Whatever it is, receive it with faith.

Oya make you PROPHESY mr. we dey waite you ! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by davidque007(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2012
its very real, but always remember that a non-spiritual person CANNOT understand it, its follishness to the carnal man, so trying to explains it or proove its existence to a carnal person is a waste. Only proofs will make people believe in this age

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 9:46am On Dec 21, 2012
Willy7: As a christian and active worshiper,i've witnessed and most times experienced the diverse gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in 1 cor.12:7-12,but i'm yet to even see one person manifesting the gift of interpretation of tongues recorded in the verse 10 of the said chapter.I'm having the thought that after the pentecost,such gift never existed again.Today we hear so many kinds of tongues been spoken,but nobody interprets or can tell what its been spoken,not even the speaker.And this leaves me with the question,Have you ever seen or witnessed this gift in operation before? Please no insults,i need matured inputs.Thanks

I speak in tongues by the grace of God and I can interpret what I'm saying. Speaking in tongue is for you to communicate with God in the spirit, more like a secret language between you and God. This is because the devil does not know what you are saying when you speak in tongues.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by patholaw: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2012
A frnd of mine told me he went 2 dis new church and d pastor was teaching dem how 2 speak in tounges....only God wld save us.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Mayowura: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2012
davidque007: its very real, but always remember that a non-spiritual person CANNOT understand it, its follishness to the carnal man, so trying to explains it or proove its existence to a carnal person is a waste. Only proofs will make people believe in this age

You've said it all. Xpecially to those confused. Thank you sir!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Tu est malade!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:55am On Dec 21, 2012
There is a big difference between translation and interpretation............translation mean converting tongues to our day to day language....interpretation means bringing out the meaning......so a tobgue cab be 10min and interpreted in 2min and vicesersa...so when u speak in tongue whatever meaning ur spirit attached to it is the interpretation

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2012

You cannot say that someone is speaking rubbish just because what you can hear is gibberish, let God be the judge after all it is him we are trying to communicate with. I remember the first day I ever spoke in tongues. I told God that I don't want to talk rubbish but that he should make me know that it is indeed from him. I remember we were told to lift up our hands and just talk to Jesus, while I was saying thank you Father for a beautiful day and so on, suddenly a very powerful but light wind/force pushed me to the ground, I started rolling and when I opened my mouth to say you are the alpha and the omega a different language came out. It felt as if my tongue was loosed and I started talking I kept on speaking in this strange language for over an hour. If I try to speak in English, a different language will come out

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by wiegraf: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Which voices?

Voices, all sorts. Of imaginary people.
Explain your word-salad. Do you become incomprehensible?
Delusions of grandeur, do you have any? Like do you assert that bill gates washes your car?
When did all this begin, young adulthood?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by DanielNoble(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2012

do you know up to 50 among the 250 languages in Nigeria talk more of the world?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mulumele(m): 10:13am On Dec 21, 2012
Jesus said,"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you".
Some of these topics being brought up for debates and comments in this forum full of atheists and mockers only lead to blasphemy.These should be rather discussed among Christians.
Just my opinion.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues by mygirrl: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2012
wiegraf:

Voices, all sorts. Of imaginary people.
Explain your word-salad. Do you become incomprehensible?
Delusions of grandeur, do you have any? Like do you assert that bill gates washes your car?
When did all this begin, young adulthood?

Do you hear voices wiegraf? Do you receive messages from these voices?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Aftermath Of Rapture / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 / Finally I Have Crossed The Bridge Of Agnostism Into The Land Of Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.