Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More (14294 Views)

Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Under Jonathan – Pat Utomi / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] / The Beasts Of Northern Nigeria [[MORE PIX]] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by alex406(m): 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
Babangida is worst. He is still destroying this nation even when he is not on seat.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Classicalman(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
zangbah: Why only Ibb and obj, are they the only criminals in this country! how about Ojukwu and others.
How about you and your father? Were they not also crooks? Olodo.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by ivy5(f): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
NEROSKY: Na Jonathief naw!! Do you need a pastor to tell b4 u believe
'I will never forget january 1st gift,each time i remember it,i feel like ......'
he's just a big fool,i cant wait 4him 2 drop..imagine me still buying fuel 4 120 per litre, when my dear country is among OPEC. Gosh!
they asked you a simply question between ibb and obj and u write OP and come to think of it was he d person dat sent dem to bomb d church 4 ur info if he leaves d price of fuel will not remain d same it will still go up
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Classicalman(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
IBB remains the worst of all. Compare his 8years and OBJ's 8years. The results are there to be seen.

1 Like

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by cjrane: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
IBB started economic reforms,created states to balance out the federation, did all in his power to unite the country.
OBJ leveled Odi and provoked militancy in Niger Delta,Pa Rewane and Bola Ige died mysteriously after the sounded discordant tunes,started ethnic politics again by resurrecting the memories of the civil war,Institutionalized corruption and failed to implement the 2005 constitutional conference which could have settled many problems we still have in Nigeria now. You Judge for yourself who hurt this nation more.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
This sort of thread are waste of PRECIOUS time and energy. Why is the black man too fixated on personalities? Why is the black man in perpetual search for a strong man/messiah? What African needs are strong institutions and systems that work. We should be discussing policies, institutional and systemic changes that are needed for progress. A system that is unworkable will remain stunted irrespective of the persons at the helm of affairs or funds available. On the other hand a workable system will work if the right persons are in-charge or at times irrespective of the persons in-charge. Therefore, Nigerians should search for a workable federal union and workable systems at all levels

1 Like

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by kingsceemark(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
iamswizz: Pls.... how can i comment on this thread, can anyone help?
Use your head grin
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wily,Wily:

Are they my brothers,

How I go know tongue
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
mastersr95: The best president Nigeria has ever had was Obasanjo
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
mastersr95: The best president Nigeria has ever had was Obasanjo
1Billion likes!!!!!

CONFIRMED!!!!!
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
No longstory... Its IBB
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Venchy: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
Both are the same but Operating in a different style

Two most corrupt leaders in the history of Nigeria.

In due time OBJ's atrocity will be reveal to the whole country for the benefit of those who do not Know how he operate.

Shameless leaders, Nigeria have become worse during their tenor.

Acquiring wealth beyond their needs....just like MKO Chief in command for all military coup.

What a legacy.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by lagcity(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
Wily,Wily:
Yorubas destroyed Nigeria with their (give me egunje) mentality

Wily wily, if I get my paws on you. Chei!
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Johnkunamon: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
This is not 2 bellitle babangida but obasanjo is the most corrupt president that have ruled nigeria. He completely legalized coruption
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by juman(m): 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
gboss4sure: Both of them are the same, there aint a better one among these two.

Allahu Akbar.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by A40(m): 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Obasanjo is the worst President ever!!! He had a chance at redemption and failed woefully and to make ish worse he actually wanted to go for a third term. This guy is the worst President period! And I mean PTA president,Student Union President,Landlords association president. Anything with president at the back Obasanjo was the worst

Claiming he fought corruption is really an insult to our intelligence and it really can't be well with the peddlers of such fallacies
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Fabianoribhabor: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
A person(IBB) used safety pin 2 injure a frend(NIGERIA),another person(OBJ) used office pin 2 injure a frend, y comparin? wen both coz injury 2 d nation. All sin na sin. Take it back!
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Snikaz(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
obj handover to civilian govt in 1979. he support democracy. IBB annuled de best election... to me IBB is worst.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by gbollykore: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
i dont personally know OBJ and i have never benefited from him directly, but i think we need to give the man some credit, am not saying he is a
saint, but i believe before obasanjo came into power, Nigeria was in a state of no hope, the atmosphere was very tensed, we were under a lot of pressure, have a flash back to Abacha's tenure pls, it was a terrible atmosphere, an average youth would do anything to escape from the country

When Obj came in, the tension was reduced, sense of belonging came back to at least a lot of Nigerians, that was when the GSM came in, a lot of multinationals came in and international relations with countries outside Nigeria became at least better

i remember there was no way a young man would go to the british or American embassy and you will be granted visa, but from the time of obj, people started doing more businesses, and funny enough most young people dont want to stay abroad when they travel now, back in those days American visa was like gold, if you got it there was no way you would go back to Nigeria

am sorry to say, with all respect to Northerners in the house, hausas were pretty much determining what happened in Nigeria, they were so strong that Nigeria was practically ruled by a clique, but obasanjo came in and broke that strong clique to an extent , pls lets give this man some credit, even though he could have done better

3 Likes

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Davidogar(m): 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
weather IBB or OBJ all of dem are d same, all nigeria leaders......are wicked evil's n heartless.....
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nonybb: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
zangbah: Why only Ibb and obj, are they the only criminals in this country! how about Ojukwu and others.
this guy right here is a horrible stu.pid soul... Leave OJUKWU(pbuh) out of this for us. Hes an igbo mohammad to us. Stp the blasphemy
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by ebere1712: 12:19am On Dec 22, 2012
ola_pluto:
Almost everything said about OBJ is false! Name one national asset OBJ sold to himself. If you can find more 'REAL' and honest accusations against OBJ, then I can compare. OBJ's pseudo-military civilian government is so far Nigeria's best. His biggest minus was election manipulation. His biggest plus is anti-corruption
60+ years of thievery from both tribes. You forgot to add
OBJ sold bakassi to cameroun
OBJ tried to run for third term

IBB burned down sections of onitsha and ariaria markets
IBB devalued Nigerian currency
IBB sold out to both mohammeds and westerners.

OBJ installed the ubas and tried to arm twist anambarans
IBB installed uzo kalu that claimed many lives in aba
OBJ gave us ojo maduekwe as foreign minister
OBJ rigged all his elections
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by ebere1712: 12:29am On Dec 22, 2012
Koolface4u: & u represent okoro, i guess?
ZIK represented okoros. OJUKWU represented okoros. IRONSI represented okoros. Compare class. Highly intelligent professionals vs AMALA and KUNU gulpers. Go figure. Arewa/ODUDUWA the unholy alliance against the progress of Nigeria, and by extension the rest of black Africa. Awolowo and osama-dan-fodio would be dancing in his graves.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by ebere1712: 12:35am On Dec 22, 2012
How much did OJUKWU steal from you grin Your people are the thieves; this is not federal character nonsense. You are imposing thieves on us too. We would soon start an Igbo only revolution. All the thieves you backed to disturb our peace would be destroyed. F.U.CKI.NG AMALA AND KUNU GULPERS.
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 22, 2012
gbollykore: i dont personally know OBJ and i have never benefited from him directly, but i think we need to give the man some credit, am not saying he is a
saint, but i believe before obasanjo came into power, Nigeria was in a state of no hope, the atmosphere was very tensed, we were under a lot of pressure, have a flash back to Abacha's tenure pls, it was a terrible atmosphere, an average youth would do anything to escape from the country

When Obj came in, the tension was reduced, sense of belonging came back to at least a lot of Nigerians, that was when the GSM came in, a lot of multinationals came in and international relations with countries outside Nigeria became at least better

i remember there was no way a young man would go to the british or American embassy and you will be granted visa, but from the time of obj, people started doing more businesses, and funny enough most young people dont want to stay abroad when they travel now, back in those days American visa was like gold, if you got it there was no way you would go back to Nigeria

am sorry to say, with all respect to Northerners in the house, hausas were pretty much determining what happened in Nigeria, they were so strong that Nigeria was practically ruled by a clique, but obasanjo came in and broke that strong clique to an extent , pls lets give this man some credit, even though he could have done better

This is the reason i posted...... Bring-on Obj's achievement vis-a-vis IBB's achievement also their woes and compare!!!!

But the Op said nay!!!
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 22, 2012
gbollykore: i dont personally know OBJ and i have never benefited from him directly, but i think we need to give the man some credit, am not saying he is a

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2012
[size=18pt]Obasanjo, Beachland Estate And Unbridled Corruption[/size]
By Jide Ayobolu November 1, 2006

President Olusegun Obasanjo since 1999 has said severally that his government will work relentlessly to curb the menace of corruption that has systematically led to the development of underdevelopment. In his maiden speech, president Obasanjo said nothing will be spared in the war against corruption, and that there will be no untouchables. But in the fight against corruption, the president that has presided over the affairs of NNPC since 1999, but has not explained the missing N311billion that should have been paid into the revenue account, and Nigerians are eagerly waiting to know what actually happened to the said amount. Secondly, it was reported that N84billion was missing in NPA, involving a bigwig of the ruling PDP, hence, the EFCC has been lily-livered to make public its findings since, the main dramatis personae is an alter-ego of the president, again, Nigerians want to know what really happened in NPA. Also, where is the N6.4billion that was collected for the controversial presidential library that is adjudged to be illegal?

Also, Chief Dan Etete, who recently came to the country to do some hatchet jobs for the president to smear the integrity and credibility of vice president Atiku Abubakar, in 2002, in some foreign newspapers published a very interesting rapacious and graft story about president Obasanjo, according to Etete, “Obasanjo must not hold the view that Nigeria have very short memory or that they do not care. How does he explain his attempts to dispossess his erstwhile friend, Chief Egunjobi, of the Beach Land Estate? In his first coming as Head of State, he claims he built the estate and on leaving office he took his former friend Chief Egunjobi to court and shamelessly proclaimed that he used the latter as a front. He did not tell the court, as Nigerians wanted to know, how he came by the money to build the estate. The court saw through him and struck out his law suit. Two issues immediately arose from the outcome of this escapade. The first is the serial nature of the activities which we believe reflect Obasanjo’s corruption. Having claimed before a Nigerian law court the Estate belonged to him; he must answer the question as to where he got the resources to build it? His salary and allowances, while in office, are known to Nigerians. The court refused to be deceived and with him unwilling to declare the sources of the finance for the Beach Land Estate, the court made it clear he did not prove he owned the Estate. The other matter arising from this episode is the character of General Obasanjo is a covetous person. He must own what he sees and he sees and likes even if it means illegally dispossessing the rightful owner. It could have been he saw Chief Egunjobi’s beach land estate; he liked it and therefore, wanted it. In his characteristic style, coveted it and Bingo, it had to be his. The only limitation at the time is that he forgot he was no longer Head of State. When it dawned on him, he wondered what to do, he chose the option of litigation, half forgetting there were judges who guard their integrity jealously in Nigeria.” However, Obasanjo has since taken over the ownership of the contentious estate, but the fact remains, where did he get the money to build that massive estate?

In a similar development, a group called Nigeria Anti-corruption Collective has asked the president some very salient questions that bother on his crude acquisitive proclivities of the collective patrimony of the Nigerian people. The posers go thus, who owns Ajaokuta Steel Mills, Delta Steel Complex, Jos Steel Rolling Mills, Oshogbo Machine Tools and Itakpe Iron Ore Company? Who is deceiving whom? Who is the largest shareholder in UBA? Who bought out the shares of Akeem Bello-Osagie and threatened him with arrest and imprisonment? Who was the largest shareholder in First Interstate Bank Ltd, before the merger into Unity Bank? Who owns the majority shares in Virgin Nigeria? Who gave the airline special facilities at the international wings of our airports at the cost of N400million? Why does Virgin Nigeria not pay parking and landing fees and purchase aviation fuel at a discount, while at the same time competing in the same market with other local airlines? Why should one man set up Transcorp, devalue our national assets, obstruct free and fair competition and sell everything to himself and family? If not, why did Transcorp purchase almost the entire NITEL for $750million, when Globacom bidded $1.2billion for the same property? Not too long earlier, Vmobile sold a fraction of its shares for $1.2billion. How could all of NITEL with a vast net worth of digital exchanges, armoured cables, three international gateways, among others, sell for only $750million? This one man operates six farms in six states of the federation. What is the source of the funds for these massive investments? What is the deal between this one man with the owner of Mittal of India? Why the hurry in granting Block 246 to the Indian conglomerate? Is Nigeria for sale?

Apart from the numerous unanswered questions posed by the group above, the following questions have asked Mr. President, who is the real owner of Obajana cement factory? Who is the owner of Eleme Petrochemicals? Who has the largest shares in Arik Air? Why did the government sell the Nigeria Airway Hanger to this airline not through bidding, negotiation? Why did government allocate lucrative international routes to Arik Air even before it bought planes for operation, when other existing airlines doing very in the country were denied such a priviledge? Who are the people that import fuel into the country since 1999? Who has the largest shares in Transcorp? How was NICON HILTON HOTEL Abuja acquired by Transcorp? What is EFCC doing about the Israeli arms deal where some government official made about $100million for themselves? What is EFCC doing about the tokunbo presidential planes that were bought as new? Where is the report into the probe of COJA? Where is the report on Mantu, about he mismanaged the haji N400million funds?

The fact of the matter is that, until this questions are vividly answered we cannot claim to be fighting corruption, this is because, this are cases that concern the president directly and Nigeria wants categorical answers on them. It is also very important to point out that, the EFCC is the creation of the president, he appoints the chairman of the anti-graft body, he approves its funding, also, when cases are to be investigated it gets the nod of the president, in the same token, after investigations are completed, the findings and conclusions are submitted to the president for his perusal, in this type of situation, it becomes very difficult for the EFCC to do a very thorough job, it can not be in any way independent, it does what the president wants it to do, and what the president does not want, it will never do. It is in this regard that, EFCC has been aptly described as a tool in the hands of the president to deal with perceived political enemies in a dirty game of political intrigue and vendetta. And, without missing words, this is what has played out in the last few months with regards to EFCC investigation on the PTDF account, this is because, not only is the report lopsided, it is illogical, incoherent and does not add up. Therefore, it can be said that, the fight against corruption as been politized, which has made nonsense of all the attempts to rid the polity of the deadly scourge.

It is, however, very important that the president answer in full details all the questions asked and in the full glare of the public, in addition to this both public and private investigators should be asked to dig deep into the numerous disturbing and worrisome allegations against the president. The president has always carried on as if he is a saint, but in reality, he is no more than a sanctimonious wog, a lot of lip and eye services have been paid to the issue of corruption in Nigeria. Those who claim to be fighting corruption are more corrupt than those they claim are corrupt, and than this the bane of the country today.

http://www.dawodu.com/ayobolu13.htm

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 22, 2012
[size=18pt]Parts of Text of General Ibrahim Babangida's Coup Speech exposes the real reason he overthrew Buhari was to release jailed looters and take IMF loans[/size]
againstbabangida.com .August 27 , 1985

Fellow Nigerians,
When in December 1983, the former military leadership, headed by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, assumed the reins of government, its accession was heralded in the history of this country. With the nation at the mercy of political misdirection and on the brink of economic collapse, a new sense of hope was created in the minds of every Nigerian.

Firstly, the issue of political detainees or convicts of special military tribunals. , While this government recognises the bitterness created by the irresponsible excesses of the politicians, we consider it unfortunate that methods of such nature as to cause more bitterness were applied to deal with past misdeeds.
In line with this government's intention to uphold fundamental human rights, the issue of detainees will be looked into with despatch, And finally, those who have been in detention under this decree are hereby unconditionally released

Due to the stalemate, which arose in negotiation with the International Monetary Fund,
A lot has been said and heard about our position with the International Monetary Fund. Although we formally applied to the fund in April 1983, no progress has as yet been made in the negotiation and a stalemate has existed for the last two years.
We shall break the deadlock that frustrated the negotiations with a view to evaluating more objectively both the negative and positive implications of reaching a mutual agreement with the Fund

God bless Nigeria.

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by fatjo(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2012
OBJ all dee way
Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2012
[size=18pt]IBB's $12.4bn Oil Windfall loot: Judgment on Okigbo Report [/size]

An Abuja Federal High Court on Wednesday, resolved to deliver judgment on April 27 in the suit seeking to compel the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and the Attorney General of the Federation, AGF, to make public how a former military ruler, Gen. Ibrahim Banbangida, allegedly mismanaged the $12.4 billion oil windfall money that accrued to the Federal Government between 1988 and 1994.

Six civil society groups led by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, under the Fundamental Rights (Enforcement Procedure) Rules 2009 had filed the suit before the High Court.

Despite a concluded hearing on the matter since last year, the expected judgment has been stalled, but Justice Gabriel Kolawale, on Wednesday, ordered all the parties to appear on the next adjourned date to re-adopt their processes to enable him to give verdict on the case.

Specifically, the plaintiffs beseeched the court for “an order of mandamus compelling the respondents, individually and/or collectively, to publish detailed statement of account relating to the spending of $12.4 billion oil windfall between 1988 and 1994, and to publish in major national newspapers a copy of the statement of account.”

It was in 1994, the Federal Government constituted the Pius Okigbo Panel with a mandate to investigate the activities of the CBN and recommend measures for the reorganisation of the apex bank.

In the course of its assignment, the Okigbo Panel reportedly uncovered that about $12.4 billion that was reserved in the ‘Dedicated and Special Accounts’, was depleted to $200 million by June 1994.

Following the allegations of mismanagement of the said $12.4 billion by the then military Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida, the investigative Panel, recommended an immediate discontinuance of the said ‘Dedicated and Special Accounts’.

Dandonor:
In their suit however, the plaintiffs further pleaded the court to order the respondents to not only prosecute anyone indicted by the report, but to also recoup the money from them and return same to the national treasury.

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2012
[size=18pt]Nigeria's Obasanjo and the $16 Billion Power Scam[/size]

Frontline Catholic cleric and social critic, Rev. Fr. Matthew Hassan Kukah, perhaps, spoke the minds of millions of Nigerians when he said recently that former President Olusegun Obasanjo deserved to be formally tried for his alleged role in the squandering about $16 billion voted for resuscitating the near-dead power sector during his administration between 1999 and 2007. Kukah, a close family friend of the Obasanjos, was the Secretary to the National Political Reforms Conference (NPRC) initiated by the Obasanjo government in 2005.

This call, which is a challenge to the Goodluck Jonathan administration, could not have come at a more appropriate time, especially considering the President's recent assurance that his administration would go after those who looted the national treasury, no matter how highly placed they may be. But many Nigerians doubt if Dr. Jonathan will summon the will to bring his political benefactor to book.

Dr. Kukah, who also chided critics and civil society groups for not doing enough to ensure that Obasanjo is arraigned, said: "Obasanjo probably will never be the President of Nigeria again, but we should be concerned if Obasanjo deserves to go to prison. Vilifying him doesn't give us (electric) power; it also doesn't get us the criminals that have taken our money, wherever they are. I would have loved to have Obasanjo brought to trial, because then we would know the truth." Besides the scandal ravaging the power sector, which the former President directly supervised, the double standards of the Presidency, under him, in the many established cases of corrupt self-enrichment by key government functionaries during his tenure were mind-boggling.

After the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) unearthed a N56 billion fraud by the former Board of Directors of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), for example, Obasanjo failed to institute any process towards recovering the stolen amount and/or prosecuting the culprits, who were said to be his close political allies. Rather, some of those who served on that board were appointed to other boards subsequently. Before that scandal came to light, back in July 2002, Nigerians had been shocked when the then Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Godwin Kanu Agabi, filed a nolle prosequi (discontinuance of prosecution) on the day an Abuja High Court was scheduled to deliver judgment in a case of alleged embezzlement of N420 million by Dr. Julius Makanjuola, Obasanjo's relation and a Director at the Ministry of Defence.

And in 2006, Nigerians were similarly shell-shocked over the revelation of massive pillaging at the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) allegedly involving Obasanjo and his Deputy, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. This was to be followed by allegations of Obasanjo's involvements in the Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp), which bought over Abuja's NICON Hilton Hotel, the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL), and also acquired some oil blocks.

Fr. Kukah's recent call is timely. Nigerians continue till today to endure perennial darkness, with no real clue to the cause of the apparent intractability of the power sector's woes. It is disheartening, in this regard, that like the late President Umaru Yar'Adua, Dr. Jonathan has surrounded himself with some of the key figures that helped ex-President Obasanjo fail so dismally in service delivery. While we commend Jonathan over his appointment of Professor Bath Nnaji as Special Adviser on Power, it must be noted that Mr. Joseph Makoju, a seasoned professional, had held that same position under the Yar'Adua administration and also under the Obasanjo government. In addition, he was PHCN Managing Director for the better part of the latter administration. He ought to be facing intense interrogation over what happened to the alleged misappropriated $16 billion.

And, with discredited functionaries and contractors of the Obasanjo era still hovering around The Presidency and the PHCN, poised to snatch whatever fresh allocations go to the power sector, where is the guarantee that Nigeria will ever have improved electricity supply in the foreseeable future? While we urge the Federal Government to seek out individuals and organizations, locally and abroad, with proven track records in performance and integrity to revive the ailing sector, the issue of the mismanaged billions should not be treated as a 'family affair' of the ruling party. Nigeria's public funds must be accounted for.

Since the National Assembly Probe Committee on the Power scam was itself to be later dragged into the corruption quagmire, we call for a thorough investigation, by the EFCC, into the whereabouts of the vanished power allocations.

The former President, on his part, should cooperate fully with the investigators, in order to clear his name of the strong suspicions surrounding his administration's wasteful disbursement of the $16 billion power sector allocations. There should be no sacred cows, as he used to say while in office. Any preferential treatment of individuals will create the impression that the Nigerian government's commitment to the anti-corruption crusade, economic reform and transparent governance is cosmetic and insincere.

While sleaze in high places thrives, the ordinary citizens' quality of life has remained dismal, infrastructural facilities are decrepit, mass unemployment ravages the land, and poverty sentences the vast majority to a life of unrelieved misery.

Re: IBB Or OBJ: Who Hurt Nigeria More by lagdiy: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2012
I would vote for OBJ largely because he got to Government House first and everything that followed is the by-product of his leadership. Without Shagari, there will not have been Buhari. Without Buhari, no IBB, etc.

This is why OBJ is called the father of modern Nigeria. The state of the country today was engineered/nurtured by him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APGA Appoints Obiano As National Leader And Chair Of Bot / Imo indigene threatening To Commit Suicide Over Non Payment Of Salary- PICS / Kukah: Buhari Making It Difficult For Nigerians To Celebrate Diversity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.