Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched (13227 Views)

Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi / Lagos - Kano Train: 43 Hours Journey, Declining Passenger Interest / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Rossikk(m): 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Great stuff.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Rossikk(m): 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Great development. Kudos to the Jonathan govt.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Ikwerefistson: 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
brownlord: Na today, all this na initial gra gra, na this molue dem won carry person put as train abi, God purnish pdp and good luck
i belev dat curse is meant 4ur hoples parents.enemy of progres

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Ikwerefistson: 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nate overlord: angry but whyy dat yeLL[]w coLor 4 tha train naw?!
haba don Allah..betta coLor no dey ne
who is ds carry over student

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Rossikk(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
osram: some monkeys wey neva enta train b4 dey celebrate...lolz

How do you know the folks haven't entered a train before? And you can refer to your mother as a 'monkey', not Nigerians, asswipe.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Ikwerefistson: 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
otokx:

first it was diesel, now its petrol, very soon it will be carrying garri, time will tell.
enemy of progress.tinubu laptop crew,if d trian lyk make e carry dead body drop 4ur vilage,atleast d trian dy move

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Ikwerefistson: 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
geekinthelead:

lol.. whatever it is carrying, until I hear plans of how they intend to secure the whole route, I fully expect to hear at least one story of armed robbers ambushing a train and gratefully (not necessarily politely)dispossessing all passengers of both their hard and easy earned cash!... embarassed
as long as d robers ambush u fist no probs
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by seunlayi(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2012
Ikwere fist son: enemy of progress.tinubu laptop crew,if d trian lyk make e carry dead body drop 4ur vilage,atleast d trian dy move
leave this haters of progress alone. We don t need to reply to most of their comments because anybody that is current and has seen most of this trains physically with their speed of a about 80 kph or more will appreciate them and hop they improve on it. It is better than decades of neglect that has already led to damages to our major roads due to overuse etc.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by manny4life(m): 12:55am On Dec 22, 2012
otokx: @ manny4life travel and see

we shall never be content with mediocrity, OBJ in his time also cut the tape and declared some rail services open, not many months after, the archaic and refurbished machines from God knows where succumbed to the fate that was scientifically determined.

The railway should be privatized and sold to companies that have pedigree in countries like the UK, Japan, Russia which boast of modern facilities.

Travel and see gini? You sure sey you well so? What is wrong with you people?

Repeat after me

"I otokx 1 of NL do solemnly affirm that I seriously need help, and I will seek HELP ASAP. So help me GOD". AMEN.

Never content with mediocrity? Dude, please stop ok... you sound like a broken record. Geez, what's wrong with yall? angry angry angry angry What's archaic about these trains? Dude, did you not read in the article they are new carriers purchase for more than N600 million? Did news not even carry it that GE Rail Services where gonna assemble in Nigeria (though I believe)?

Ask yourself, CSX Corp., the largest rail logistics hauler in the U.S. and one of the largest in the world uses that same "archaic and refurbished machines". Their trains carry up to 100cars and travel at very minimal speed, so what's your point?

Ask Amtrak, other than the Corridor Express (DC to NY) that uses high speed trains, their hundreds of other routes, isn't it this same "old, archaic, and refurbished machines" they use? Aka, locomotive? My friend, please leave this your argument. These locomotives aren't the problem, let the govt be.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by OmidanOjuloge: 1:17am On Dec 22, 2012
Nawa o! Dis train looks old, can't even compete with d likes of virgin or southestern train. See d platform sef, doesn't look organized. We can do beta abeg!
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by brownlord: 1:32am On Dec 22, 2012
Ikwere fist son: i belev dat curse is meant 4ur hoples parents.enemy of progres

Ikwere first son, I pitty u, u that came out of a polygamus home dey insult other pple, hope u remember ur step mom still alife and the day she swore that you will never get normal and recover frm that madness as far she still alife, plz try tb joushua am sure he can still help so u become meaningful to ur family again
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by slimfit1(m): 1:44am On Dec 22, 2012
We don't need to praise any one here it's not like we beg him to become a president. People are talking as if is role as a president is to come and do us a favour by solving primary school puzzle when fash is thinking big in Lagos like an educated man. Seating down getting praises from those that don't know what being governed is all about. I'm tired of reading text from people who want to settle for less good night.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by geekinthelead: 2:22am On Dec 22, 2012
Ikwere fist son: as long as d robers ambush u fist no probs

i dey crase?? u better mind ya self
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by babaowo: 2:38am On Dec 22, 2012
awesome_t:
.. Suffering N smilling!!!
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by vandarsar(m): 4:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Oga ade, u bie pdp? U shouldn't have insulted his/her parents my dear. Pdp is an entity we can choose to respect or disrespect it, but as long as u have ur own parents u sud never have disrespected other people's parents. Outta here!
Ikwere fist son: i belev dat curse is meant 4ur hoples parents.enemy of progres
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by henryiv: 6:13am On Dec 22, 2012
I feel flabagasted when some people raised flimsy issues as touching the duration from Lagos to Kano. What should be of concern is the improvement and sustainability of it. However, Gov. Fashola should be security conscious @ the railway station for intensive search so as to avoid the transportation of Boko Haram to Lagos State. This advice should not be taken for levity.As issue of security is everbody's concern
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Chuksgeo: 6:27am On Dec 22, 2012
why is there no plan for an Onitsha bound rail line?
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by ofiladee(m): 6:50am On Dec 22, 2012
This is a good development, it will reduce all these haulage trucks on our roads which were meant for short distance supplies not Lagos to Onitsha type of movement. Hope the FG actually sustain this and spread it around the country.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Its because of train some fools wanna vote jonatHan now o
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by talktimi(m): 7:56am On Dec 22, 2012
slim fit :
We don't need to praise any one here it's not like we beg him to become a president. People are talking as if is role as a president is to come and do us a favour by solving primary school puzzle when fash is thinking big in Lagos like an educated man. Seating down getting praises from those that don't know what being governed is all about. I'm tired of reading text from people who want to settle for less good night.
Another sad Fashiola lap dog.... Enemy of progress

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Emmysteve(m): 8:49am On Dec 22, 2012
By the way, we still need more information about the train movement from Lagos to Kano. When is the take off time?, how to purchase the ticket, the cost etc. I live in kaduna and we make use of the train everyday, its really helping, most pple nolonger patronise the commercial buses like before. I dont mind boarding the train from Lagos here back to Kaduna after the xmas celebration

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Emmysteve(m): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2012
babaowo: .. Suffering N smilling!!!
and what the hell!! do you think its evry body that lives in abject poverty as you do?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by JUO(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2012
THE JOURNEY WILL BE AROUND 20 T0 24 HRS. SIMPLE LOGIC: DIVIDE 1200KM (LENGTH OF THE ROAD) BY 50KPH (SPEED OF THE TRAIN) THE ANSWER IS 24HRS

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Shine1177: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2012
Pray so that when Mallam get to Presidency he and his brothers will not cripple Nigeria Railway Corporation because they run the trailer/oil haulage business.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Imyourex(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
Is that not the same Train Lord Lugard used when he was coming to amalgamate Nigeria?

Old wine in a new cup.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by drnoel: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
otokx: How many hours did the train take to reach Offa from Lagos? How many weeks will the train take to reach Kano from Lagos?
what u should be asking is how many trains they have? What are the logistics of controlling these trains? Where are the substations and terminals? How would the trains be monitored? Would it be solely governement run or in cooperation with private investors? What of maintainance? There are a million and one questions burning to be asked, so I would suggest we ask the right ones.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by frevangel(m): 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
slim fit :

In the same text where you water down GEJ's effort, pointing out he's not doing us favour, you praise/hail Fash like he's doing us favour! You sure know what being governed is all about. I live in Lag and I dare say, Your ACN is all propaganda, no substance!

If it was Fash that launched it, you will be here licking his boots.
One thing common with all you ACN/CPC fanatics is lack of rational reasoning. You have determined not to accept any good as long as it's not from ACN!
That makes me know that your parties don't have the people at heart like your hero Fash has shown repeatedly in his policies.

I don't need a prophet to tell me who you are!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by demmy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
JUO: THE JOURNEY WILL BE AROUND 20 T0 24 HRS. SIMPLE LOGIC: DIVIDE 1200KM (LENGTH OF THE ROAD) BY 50KPH (SPEED OF THE TRAIN) THE ANSWER IS 24HRS

Correct. It left Lagos Friday morning and arrived Kano Saturday morning. Not bad for N1,500.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 76th Birthday To Olusegun Obasanjo / 'Buhari, Bring Back Our Roads' - Tayo Ogunbiyi (Punch) / Libya Returnees Protest Non-Payment Of Stipend In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.