Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,158 members, 7,825,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched (13232 Views)

Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi / Lagos - Kano Train: 43 Hours Journey, Declining Passenger Interest / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Abrantie: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Boko target
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by manny4life(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
otokx:

first it was diesel, now its petrol, very soon it will be carrying garri, time will tell.

My friend, please if you have nothing to say nor counter what's written, please keep quiet. Petrol/diesel, are they not crude oil products? Does it mean that a train cannot carry both products at same time? Don't worry, while you're yet at condemnation, it will carry rice, garri, beans and everything. Then you can see more things to criticize on.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by vocalprince(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2012
grin more grease to ur elbow GEJ. I pray you continue like this.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by nep2ra(m): 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
I say welldone to the FG for this development. However, I advice that rail transportation should be left to the private sector to run while the FG should only be involved in setting out policies and regulating the operation of this sector. History has proved that the FG is not capable of handling rail transport effectively and efficiently. My 2 kobo.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by brownlord: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
Gombs: Some pple sha!

Thr ws no rails B4,GEJ brought it bck to life,som dim witted folks now saying tis a useless dev because ∂εγ dnt knw hw long it'll be frm lag to kano...evn wen †ђξ fare is 1k5...som said it's old trains n cabins,som said some said some said...∂εγ jst must haf somtin to say so far it hs to wif GEJ

Shameless clowns,GEJ go shame una die...if Jesus no shw B4 2015,I go ∂εγ here ∂εγ remind una as una tk insult GEJ tire

*I will vote him again....

Abeg,am waitin for Lagos to Jos route joor.GEJ...more oil to ΰ٢ yam

Nonsence

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by agoma: 6:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nate overlord: angry but whyy dat yeLL[]w coLor 4 tha train naw?!
haba don Allah..betta coLor no dey ne

Bros, na from Indian them bring the train. You never see indian train before? ok you don see am now. Leave the colour na so e be. looool!!
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ manny4life travel and see

we shall never be content with mediocrity, OBJ in his time also cut the tape and declared some rail services open, not many months after, the archaic and refurbished machines from God knows where succumbed to the fate that was scientifically determined.

The railway should be privatized and sold to companies that have pedigree in countries like the UK, Japan, Russia which boast of modern facilities.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Greatken007(m): 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
Only fools wil keep on complaining...I stil stand on my word GEJ wil be our best presido soonest.Once d railways are put togeda road spoilage wil reduce,Dangote trailers wil stop killing travellers and once our electricity is stable speed train will com to reality.Even if GEJ gives out 5million naira 2 each nigerian som pple must stil complain.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by otokx(m): 7:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
I really wish GEJ can be the best president but that does not detract from getting things done in such a way that it bring about real long lasting change not the ones we see that you spend 3 years constructing a road and 6 months after commissioning it is impassable.

The railways are not moribound it appears like NITEL or as complicated as PHCN, let him privatize it.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by talktimi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
Nairaland is filled with people who aren't relevant on their streets insulting GEJ. When you see something good, congratulate the person who made it possible. Why are you people so sad like this ? GEJ and the minister of transport must be commended for a work well done with time definitely we shall migrate from locomotive engines to speed trains but first of all the power problem has to be solved because the bullet trains need a steady electricity supply to work.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by LeBlack: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

SEE THEM.... angry

Okija baba! I always look for your funny comment when I'm on NL. Abeg keep up the good work o

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by 001solar(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
Cheapest means for BK boys to transport dere bomb
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Elueme: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
Until heavy duty trailers are taken off our roads, we will never get it right with our quest for good and enduring roads. This is a welcome initiative and should be commended irrespective of what type of locomotives in used. We will build it from here and someday improved trains with greater speed will be in use. We pray for the quick completion of the one linking the East through Minna to the north.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by taharqa: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
The revitalized Lagos-Kano intercity train services will complement the existing Lagos- Ilorin and Minna-Kano intercity train services.

Umar said that the Federal Government had also awarded contracts for feasibility studies to open up other railway routes.

He explained that the government was also rehabilitating the Eastern Railway Line from Port Harcourt –Maiduguri with spur lines from Kuru-Kafanchan –Kaduna and Kuru-Jos.

The Minister also said that government was repairing the Zaria-Gusau-Kauran Namoda Rail Line.

He added that the government was modernizing the Project Phase I, Addendum 1, Abuja-Kaduna (Idu) Standard Gauge Rail Line (187km)

The minister further said that the government was repairing the existing 254km and completing the remaining 22km Standard Gauge Rail Line of the Central Rail Line from Ajaokuta-Warri with station buildings.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2012
geekinthelead: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/923580_A-Nigerian-train_jpg973c3be1145bb637d66e28fe64beaf2c[/img]

Platform needs to be raised!... what about accessibility for the disabled?
story , Nigerian government nova get time for people wey no be disable,if you are looking for caring provision for disable go America of UK dey take it very serious there. They don't joke with them.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Horlawoomey(m): 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
If Lagos to kano is 1,126km and the average speed of the train is 60km/hr, the time it will take the train to travel from Lagos to Kano will be around 20 - 24 hrs including the stops at the various terminals.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by CARLISTO77(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
La Professeur: je ne peux pas monte(r) sur la(e) me(é)tro du lagos a(u) kano a(...)cause de boko haram.

Are you under duress to write in French?
With many gaffes in your write-up.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Davmoh: 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
Good news is good news it doesn't have to be either praise or condemnation. I am happy for the news but would also like to know its going to be secure to use and the travel time makes sense. Otherwise it will be under utilized and die.
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by DaLover(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
nep2ra: I say welldone to the FG for this development. However, I advice that rail transportation should be left to the private sector to run while the FG should only be involved in setting out policies and regulating the operation of this sector. History has proved that the FG is not capable of handling rail transport effectively and efficiently. My 2 kobo.

Please this is the only route to go, anything else will fail..
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Pls what his d map and route?so tht we can knowao to catch it GOOD ONE FROM GEJ

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by Johnsonifeoluwa(m): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Pls what is d map and route?so tht we can knowao to catch it GOOD ONE FROM GEJ

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by asudan: 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
Okija_juju:

SEE THEM.... angry
wetin dis guy do
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by awesomet1(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by jmaine: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
otokx:

first it was diesel, now its petrol, very soon it will be carrying garri, time will tell.

PLEASE LEARN TO SHUT UP . . . .

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by otokx(m): 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2012
jmaine:

PLEASE LEARN TO SHUT UP . . . .

we are used to this type of talk but we shall continue to speak the truth
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by jmaine: 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
otokx:

we are used to this type of talk but we shall continue to speak the truth

What truth is this dude yapping about . . . .bros truth and intentional stvpidity are glaringly immiscible

Your mischief is too obvious . . . .

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by karlmax2: 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Were are the haters,pessimists and the retards who said this was a propoganda?is not yet 2015!is too early to start hidding ur face in shame!.while u keep hating,causing and propogating propoganda on nairaland !9ja will slowly but surely get there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by otokx(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
40 laptop gang trying to regroup, time will tell, we shall continue to say it as it is.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by executinal(m): 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
GEJ 2015 = [size=18pt]FRESH BREEZE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by deltaforce7(m): 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
otokx: How many hours did the train take to reach Offa from Lagos? How many weeks will the train take to reach Kano from Lagos?

You are sick, fella!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by osram(m): 11:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
sheedy407: I confirmed it today with my two koro koro eyes,i was in Agege goin home,i saw a train,i was expecting to see passengers but all i saw was tanks,i counted it,it was 22,so i asked a passerby dat dis is my 1st time of seeing dis,he confirmd to mi dat it was fully loaded with petrol.Dis will reduce trailers on d highway which will reduce bad roads,accidents and traffic.Jonna,goodluck in ur works.
ehya u dn try...CLAP FOR YOUR SELF!
Re: Lagos-Kano Passenger & Fuel-Haulage Train Launched by osram(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2012
awesome_t:
some monkeys wey neva enta train b4 dey celebrate...lolz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan's Office Is Inseparable From The Presidency / Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead / Banks Get Marching Order To Sell-Off Discos’ Shares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.