Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20638 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god:
I did that because of xmas. Does that makes me a pagan?

Yahweh does not shear/miss his worship with pegan activities.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Don't forget to add the wedding gown, its pagan.bridal train nko? all join grin you better check that your wedding very well. It was pagan. If na traditional wedding yo do, then your case is worse.p

I have told you before, this thread is exposing your level of thinking...i wouldn't believe you think very shallow until here chaiieee!!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: Does the link u paste has any biblical backing? U give me link and i will educate on wat u may not knw or see in the link. I knw u hav the link, so if u want us educate ourselve giv me the source of ur research.

Then take your weapon to refute thoses claims..... You think the Pagans are happy you are trying to modify thier feast? ..... grin grin

You have to educate yourself with the scripture dear, try more!!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

According to ijawkid, you are a pagan for eating the food you cooked, you are a pagan for visiting friends and bonding with your loved one. You are a pagan for being happy that Christ was born.

so, minus Chrismas day you dont "bond" with your loved once abi?

You are a bad person for saying that.

So, you wait for a whole 364days to bond with your love ones? Smh for you.

I bond with my love once every now and then.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god: You are a copper, so why dont you tell your PPA/LG to place you on duty on 25th since you are not part of the pagan celebration.

this is childish talk my friend.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:

This is a very bad way to debate an issue, you are making spiritual stuffs look so common, we're talking about Jesus here and what Christianity should be all about, you're here trying to blackmail people into dropping the quest for fact findings.

There's a difference between celebrating what was not asked of us as "Christians" and the color of dress worn during marriage. Jesus attended marriages and never spoke against what is worn in marriages.

I advised last time that it always good to first understand the intentions of the person you are quoting so you dont make faulty assumptions. I don't think you took my advice. I am sorry but with plappville I was not talking about Jesus. I was discussing wedding gowns and accessories.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

we dont worship olympic or olympic activities.

Chrismas form part of "christiandom" worship in the christian slander.

There is the christmas carol.

The sunday Chrismas service. Etc

When i asked my pastor where it was writen that christian should celebrate Xmas, He said, there is no scripture but we are doing it for Christ.
Then i asked Him, what does Christ mean when He warns against men traditions? He was short of words because He knew that verse directly is warning against these kind of feasts.

The last sunday service was....Christians has to cooperate, we should unite in things that has to do with Christ. blablabla....
I follow the truth, if His msg speaks underwise, Sorry, i don't accept it......We are never alone when listening/studing the word of God.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:

This is a very bad way to debate an issue, you are making spiritual stuffs look so common, we're talking about Jesus here and what Christianity should be all about, you're here trying to blackmail people into dropping the quest for fact findings.

There's a difference between celebrating what was not asked of us as "Christians" and the color of dress worn during marriage. Jesus attended marriages and never spoke against what is worn in marriages.

Don't mind Zykky, He can not provide a scripture in his post, all He does is showing childishness.....He need to upgrade... grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:

Zikkyy:

Don't forget to add the wedding gown, its pagan.bridal train nko? all join you better check that your wedding very well. It was pagan. If na traditional wedding yo do, then your case is worse.p

Zikkyy:

I advised last time that it always good to first understand the intentions of the person you are quoting so you dont make faulty assumptions. I don't think you took my advice. I am sorry but with plappville I was not talking about Jesus. I was discussing wedding gowns and accessories.

The guy over understand you die....See him comment na.....abi na you dey fail to accept His advice self angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: U be otondo for watching 'only' the highlight. So all the athletes that participated in the olympic are all worshiping idol cos of the origin of the olympic? If u dey watch the 'highlight' with passion and interest r u not a participant? I am sure u may even participate in the next olympic if u given the opportunity or sent as a delegate to rio dejaniero 2016.

Wont u go if u hav the oportunity?

what has all this talk has to do with worship?

Are you guys so empty?

Dont you have value for spiritual things?

We are talking about mixing Yahweh's worship with pegan activities you are talking about olympics?

Birth day has to do with worship of a demon of the day of ones birth and all the days are named after pegan gods.

How can you please Yahweh with this sort of shallow knowledge of him?

You guys are like esau that did not show value/appreciate spiritual things.

Yahweh said dont mixed my worship with that of demon but that is what you are doing and bent on down.

Yahweh says dont have any thing to do with Demons but that is what you are doing with birth day celebrations.

Cant you see the danger that you are in or you have been so blinded?

Well, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Not posting does not mean i haven't been following the thread, what gives you the impression i didn't read through?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

Go and sleep my friend grin grin, i stopped Christmas, easter, birthday celebration not very long ago. after much research and seeing they are not Scripture examples.
I have listened to sound sermons, Scriptures used are so plain, should i still harden my heart tiowards the word of God and do things my way instead of God's way? NO.

The issue of ring just rises here, i know the bible does not condernm the use of jewelry, It only condermn the abuse of it. See how appreciating jewelry is in the bible.

Gen 24:47, 48 “And I asked her, and said, whose daughter art thou? And she said, the daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands. And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son.”

Here we have a rather tender story of Abraham's servant giving jewelry to Rebekah, who was the
woman God had specially chosen for Isaac. Rebekah would not have accepted it, or the servant wouldn't
have offered it, if it was not pleasant in the eyes of His masters God.

I have told @true2god to creat a thread for the ring discussion, I do not want to derail this thread.
It makes no sense pretending to be following God why indulging in Pagan feasts or pratice.

By the way, i wasn't a believe when i got married then, so you can't judged me with my past.

And i repeat, it cost me nothing to take it off if truelly proven its paganism!

So na traditional wedding you do. My sister you have been living in sin o! God no condemn jewelry abi? In the same manner he did not condemn the use of bulls for burnt offerings. But did he sanction the use of bulls as burnt offering to baal?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god:
From the response you gave to zikky, your answer to my question is yes... i am an idol worsipper.
No, there are some sundays that i repeat such things that i mention in my question to you. Does doing that on a normal sunday makes me an idol worshipper?

why should doing good in any other day be a bad thing?

We are talking about reserving a pegan day to do charity and good dis when you are supposed to be christ like every day of your life.

Dont be a fake christian my friend.

Let your "goodness be obvious to all men so that they will give praise to your father who is in heaven"

stop being a baby christian.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
ijawkid:

I don't watch the highlight with passion.......and I won't engage in the olympics because I know its origin.....you err big time if you think I would even think of going for an olympics even if I had the opportunity....like I said earlier your questions don't apply to me..........and again the athletes who engage in the olympics should use the scriptures to answer if they are pagans for engaging in the games..........

we are to give caesers things to caesers and God's things to God.

Yahweh has specified how we are to worship him in the bible, it is not our place to add to that.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by ijawkid(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
So now na jewelry we wan discuss abi??.........smh!!!!........

Zikky oooo.........how your day go??...hope you no box anybody today o....I no dey o...grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god:
Good... Did the xmas celebrant engage in making sacrifice to idols?.... Did they go to church and start singing "we hail the sun our god"?... Did they visit any shrine to worship any idol? Or the gift in which they pass out to their loved ones and the less privilege, was it given to them bhy the priest of a shrine?... Plz answer me.

you cannot mixed Yahweh's worship with pegan practices my friend.

Once you do that Yahweh will abandon your form of worship.

Why should you take such a risk if you truly love Yahweh?

If you truly love Yahweh, should you take chances with his form of worship?

Are you so selfish that you think that Yahweh will bend to your whims and caprices?

"The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

so, minus Chrismas day you dont "bond" with your loved once abi?

You are a bad person for saying that.

So, you wait for a whole 364days to bond with your love ones? Smh for you.

I bond with my love once every now and then.

You no get work na. Thats why you have 365days of the year to do nanny work. Some of us are very busy you know. That's why we don't joke with any extra days we can get to spend quality time with peeps we love.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

Don't mind Zykky, He can not provide a scripture in his post, all He does is showing childishness.....He need to upgrade... grin

Anything you like talk. You know say I no go vex because na you.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

The guy over understand you die....See him comment na.....abi na you dey fail to accept His advice self angry

Lol grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god: All this things you are just saying is just assumpton. As long as i am concerned, i didnt see where the scripture said we should not celebrate xmas/ or that celebrating is a sin. I let me tell you. That pagans used or did something in the past does not make me a sinner when i do it. Soif you think its a sin, good for you and refrain from it cos its what you believe.

Yahweh sets his form of worship and not you.

As long as "you are concern" you are on your own.

Will the gods bend to suite humans or humans are to bend to please the gods?

Think my friend think!
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
honeric01:

Not posting does not mean i haven't been following the thread, what gives you the impression i didn't read through?

Reading is not enough. Don't assume you know me enough to know when am playing and when am serious. Besides my post on the surface don't always reflect my intentions.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Well, am still alive. Meaning you are very wrong smiley

well then, continue with your celebration and lets see what happens at the last day. We shall see.

Zikkyy:
You have not been able to show am acting outside of the law of God. You guys keeping dancing round the issue without actually touching it.

solid food belongs to nature people.
I cannot continue to spoon fed you all the time on this issue.

The bible says we should "use are power of reasoning.

Use ^^^ it, it will serve you well.

Life eternal is involved here and please dont throw it away because of "red stew
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Picking a date that coincide with a day for pagan feast does not make my action pagan. I could choose another date and it Will probably coincides with sango feast day.

pick another day for what exactly?

Worship the spirit incharge of that day in the form of "birth day" celebrations?

You think the pegan were fools? No.

They did every thing to please theirgods = Demons.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plendil: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm still struggling to understand the purpose of this thread.

For a start, I don't think any right thinking Christian will be under any illusion that the date used for Christmas was not originally a pagan festival. That has been proven beyond doubt. what I have issues with is using that as the reason for discouraging Christmas.

I asked OP where in the Bible it is said that celebrating birthdays is a sin, the best you could come up with is the fact that all those that did it were pagans?

I would have thought that the nature of the celebration and not the celebration itself would make the practice sinful.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

well then, continue with your celebration and lets see what happens at the last day. We shall see.

Lol! You are looking forward to the last day abi grin am sure you Will looking out for zikkyy to see him receiving his punishment for celebrating Xmas. You go develop cardiac arrest that day when you see the Lord rewarding zikkyy for doing the right thing grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

pick another day, d what exactly?

Worship the spirit charge of that day in the form of "birth day" celebrations?

You think the pegan were fools? No.

They did every thing to please theirgods = Demons.

Which spirit is in charge of that day self? You don dey conjure strange theories here o! How do you worship? Is it by cooking and chopulating special birthday rice & chicken?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Don't forget to add the wedding gown, its pagan.bridal train nko? all join grin you better check that your wedding very well. It was pagan. If na traditional wedding yo do, then your case is worse.p

which of this aspects you have mention involves worshiped?

Grow up guy.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

which of this aspects you have mention involves worshiped?

Grow up guy.

You assume everything have to do with worship. That's very wrong.

If growing up equates to senility, am comfortable with my current status jare grin
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

So na traditional wedding you do. My sister you have been living in sin o! God no condemn jewelry abi? In the same manner he did not condemn the use of bulls for burnt offerings. But did he sanction the use of bulls as burnt offering to baal?

Zikkyy: So na traditional wedding you do.

Did i say that? and must you know the type of marriage i did?

zikkyy: My sister you have been living in sin o!

How? for getting married? and were you not living in sin before you accepted Christ? Another childish talk here... grin grin

zikkyy:God no condemn jewelry abi?

The scripture was so plain, i hope you read it? Rebekah got jewelry as a gift from her Future father inlaw's servant, true or false?

The servant then bows his head and worships God. If jewelry were sinful, his offering it as a gift to Rebekah, and then subsequently worshipping God, would be irreverent and inappropriate. undecided

Take a look at another event on jewelry: Gen 41:42 “And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck...”

Joseph was one of the greatest men of the Old Testament, and God blessed him greatly because of his faithfulness.
In this verse, you can see that Joseph accepted jewelry as a gift from Pharaoh. If God forbade jewelry, undoubtedly, Joseph would have rejected this gift.
Gods prophets rejects thingspractice they know that offends God, we have so many proves from the bible, they will chose death than to disobey God for man.

There are many examples of Gods servant that uses Gold jewelry, what Apostles condermn in these verses (1 Tim 2:9, 1 Pet 3:3) has been misinterpreted by bible twisters.
They certainly cannot contradict the OT servants use of jewelry. Let me leave you for now, to have a glass of soft drink with this few words.
Certainly tomorrow, i am going to give quick notice to any tenant who will continue to derail this thread..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:
Certainly tomorrow, i am going to give quick notice to any tenant who will continue to derail this thread..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quit notice ke shocked my rent never expire o! You should be ready to refund our rent then angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Reading is not enough. Don't assume you know me enough to know when am playing and when am serious. Besides my post on the surface don't always reflect my intentions.

c'mon na, you can do better than this na sad
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

When i asked my pastor where it was writen that christian should celebrate Xmas, He said, there is no scripture but we are doing it for Christ.
Then i asked Him, what does Christ mean when He warns against men traditions? He was short of words because He knew that verse directly is warning against these kind of feasts.

The last sunday service was....Christians has to cooperate, we should unite in things that has to do with Christ. blablabla....
I follow the truth, if His msg speaks underwise, Sorry, i don't accept it......We are never alone when listening/studing the word of God.

well, its like human wants to force their creator Yahweh to accept whatever they want.

But that will be impossible since he can destroy the whole human race and create another.

He once told moses that he should destroy the whole nation of israel in the wilderness and raise moses children to serve him.

Btw. You that stick to that pastor to pray for you and all, do you think that Yahweh accepts his prayers?
if you feel you should stay with him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.