Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? (20637 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

But i no talk so na sad why you say i lie sad Lol! grin

You dey there? how you take know grin were you a member of the council?

If God already penned it down you should be able to say yes or no na.

To avoid unnecessary arguement, that was why i presented you The Scripture that explains or gives the best answer to your questions.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zukyy:[size=14pt] what we know is that the scriptures is silent on the matter of birthday.[/size]

You have skiped several of my posts, even when i reposted them, you have refused to respond, Your statement here is false.
I have shown scriptures that treated "Birthday", but you have ignored them...wayo boy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Na wa oh grin if you cannot say yes, on what basis then do you condemn the act of celebrating birthdays. it shows you are not sure, and it's proof your condemnation is not supported by the bible.

One thing i have shown here is that nobody has been able to prove that the act of celebrating Christmas will lead the celebrant to hell. What that means is that if done right (i.e. without the o.rgies and with a true focus on Christ) there are no issues with celebrating the birth of Christ. The other issue i wanted to resolve is that we should be able to differentiate what activities is actually pagan practice and what activities are not. The fact that an act was performed by a pagan does not make it a pagan practice. maybe we can still conclude that bit, then am out of here.

you are on your own.

Do things outside the law of God then you are a lawless person.

I wander why people are always presumptiouse, and is it not true that Yahweh always kill such individuals?
Yes he does!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Oga truthislight, why do you keep repeating what we already know.Just answer the simple question, and lets close this case.

i am not a prsumpteouse person.

You seem to have gotten a "degree" for presumptiouseness.

We have given you reason to arrived a conclusion for your own self but you say no. Good for you.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

I agree we don't need additions from pagan sources.

but you added Chrismas/birth day a pegan celebration from pegan sources. No?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville: YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DIVERTING THE THREAD, @true2god, open a new thread for ur extended subjects. like you did to the thread of @pastormustwack thread. Adding nothing meaningful. Plz This thread is about Christmas not trouser,olympic etc etc....plz

None has been able to provide a Scripture to refute the ones that treated birthday. You all defend without Scripture.
Nobody is divertin any thread. The catholics had been sincere enof to declare that the day christ was actually born cannot be ascertained but Dec 25 was officially chossen to commemurate the birth of christ and both of us knw dat no idol is worship in Dec 25, but public holidays is declared in over 90% of the countries world wide.

It is good to criticize but wen u turn a deaf ear on others opinion dat amount to dictatorship. U might hav been told dat xmas, birthday, new yr, easter, independence day, may day are all pagan worship. But wen u refuse to see reason or good in anything good dat amounts to hypocrisy. Whether u open one million thread against xmas it wont stop 99% of mankind celebrating xmas.

If u r married were u given any marital ring or did ur spouse did u any engagement ring? If yes den u r deeply into idolatory as well (according to ur analysis of wat is an idloatory). Check the origin of engagement ring.

If u condemn dec 25 do u sanction 1914? My lady pls be objectiv in ur criticsm. Its all about organizational thing.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: Nobody is divertin any thread. The catholics had been sincere enof to declare that the day christ was actually born cannot be ascertained but Dec 25 was officially chossen to commemurate the birth of christ and both of us knw dat no idol is worship in Dec 25, but public holidays is declared in over 90% of the countries world wide.

It is good to criticize but wen u turn a deaf ear on others opinion dat amount to dictatorship. U might hav been told dat xmas, birthday, new yr, easter, independence day, may day are all pagan worship. But wen u refuse to see reason or good in anything good dat amounts to hypocrisy. Whether u open one million thread against xmas it wont stop 99% of mankind celebrating xmas.

If u r married were u given any marital ring or did ur spouse did u any engagement ring? If yes den u r deeply into idolatory as well (according to ur analysis of wat is an idloatory). Check the origin of engagement ring.

If u condemn dec 25 do u sanction 1914? My lady pls be objectiv in ur criticsm. Its all about organizational thing.

You are the one deraillling....go answer those question and invite me when you creat a
wedding ring thread. I will participate, I am married with a ring. If I can put away all these pagan feast after after knowing their roots, putting my ring off is nothing. After all ring is not the center of our r marriage. Love is
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville: Why was Birthday not recorded with God's servants in the Bible if it pleases God for them to mark thier birthday?

In refuting the misinterpretation of Matthew 2:1, 11: Jesus did not recieve birthday Gifts but recieved Gifts as a KING.

Origin of Birthdays

where did birthday celebrations come from? The astonishing answer is from the pagan practice of astrology! Thousands of years ago, when men looked up into the night sky and charted the stars, they invented calendars and calculated the birth dates, to the very hour, of kings, rulers and their successors. These ancient pagan astrologers meticulously examined horoscopes and birthday omens because they believed that the fate of the rich and powerful might affect an entire society. Even to this day, men have been putting their trust in horoscopes instead of God.

In ancient Egypt, the pharaohs ordered businesses to close on their birthdays and gave enormous feasts for hundreds of servants. In ancient Greece, wealthy males joined birthday clubs composed exclusively of men who shared their birth date. Once a month, the club celebrated with a feast. When a member died, he left money to help pay for future parties. In Persia, noblemen observed their birthdays by barbecuing an ox, a camel and a donkey and serving hundreds of small cakes to the celebrants.

In ancient Rome, the emperor gave huge parties in honor of his own birthday, which included parades, circuses, and gladiatorial combat. The celebration of days was so important to the average Roman citizen that the Roman calendar designated a majority of days for some form of celebration—including many birthdays of gods and famous men.

[center]The Roman calendar, with its emphasis on continual celebration, has had great influence on modern society. Consider the following quote about the origin of the Roman calendar:[/center]

“Our [Roman] calendar is not Christian in origin. It descends directly from the Egyptians, who originated the 12 month year, 365 day system. A pagan Egyptian scientist, Sosigenes, suggested this plan to the pagan Emperor Julius Caesar, who directed that it go into effect throughout the Roman Empire in 45 B.C. As adopted it indicated its pagan origin by the names of the months—called after Janus, Maia, Juno, etc. The days were not named but numbered on a complicated system involving Ides, Nones, and Calends. It was not until 321 A.D. that the seven-day week feature was added, when the Emperor Constantine (supposedly) adopted Christianity. Oddly enough for his weekdays he chose pagan names which are still used” (Journal of Calendar Reform, Sept. 1953, p. 128).

Continues.....
Do u knw why im so happy with ur research (and some of u guys), nearly all the authorities u guys quote from wikipedia and other 'google' to refute certain xtain practices or beliefs are either xtain bashers or atheist. If logicboy for example tells me dat xmas is an idol worship, God never exist, hell fire is not real, no heaven, i wont mind cos dats a normal response frm an atheist. But if i quote logicboy,as a reference, dat xmas does not exist and i cannot quote him wen he says there is no God, den im a hypocrite.

This is goin by the link u pasted to nullify the essence of xmas, do me a favour by sharing the link where u get ur info and other belief the writer hold with respcet to general xtain doctrine and practices.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

You have skiped several of my posts, even when i reposted them, you have refused to respond, Your statement here is false.
I have shown scriptures that treated "Birthday", but you have ignored them...wayo boy grin grin

What are you accusing of this time? You know I don't avoid posts. I believe I have addressed your concerns.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

you are on your own.

I wander why people are always presumptiouse, and is it not true that Yahweh always kill such individuals?
Yes he does!

Well, am still alive. Meaning you are very wrong smiley
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

you are on your own.

Yes he does!

Well, am still alive. Meaning you are very wrong smiley

You have not been able to show am acting outside of the law of God. You guys keeping dancing round the issue without actually touching it.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: Do u knw why im so happy with ur research (and some of u guys), nearly all the authorities u guys quote from wikipedia and other 'google' to refute certain xtain practices or beliefs are either xtain bashers or atheist. If logicboy for example tells me dat xmas is an idol worship, God never exist, hell fire is not real, no heaven, i wont mind cos dats a normal response frm an atheist. But if i quote logicboy,as a reference, dat xmas does not exist and i cannot quote him wen he says there is no God, den im a hypocrite.

This is goin by the link u pasted to nullify the essence of xmas, do me a favour by sharing the link where u get ur info and other belief the writer hold with respcet to general xtain doctrine and practices.

Have you done me a favour yet? Answer those questions jor! I don't have time for unnecessary talk. If you have nothing to prove with the tool God gave to us to use in correcting ourselves, then be watching this thread from the side line. I like indulging in scriptural proves not vain words.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

but you added Chrismas/birth day a pegan celebration from pegan sources. No?

Picking a date that coincide with a day for pagan feast does not make my action pagan. I could choose another date and it Will probably coincides with sango feast day.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by true2god: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

Have you done me a favour yet? Answer those questions jor! I don't have time for unnecessary talk. If you have nothing to prove with the tool God gave to us to use in correcting ourselves, then be watching this thread from the side line. I like indulging in scriptural proves not vain words.
Does the link u paste has any biblical backing? U give me link and i will educate on wat u may not knw or see in the link. I knw u hav the link, so if u want us educate ourselve giv me the source of ur research.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: One thing most pple dnt understand is dat the present day calender system(especially gregorian calender) and days namings were all named after stranges gods. Sunday in particular was names after the god of the SUN, and d day (sunday) was the day dedicated to idol worship during the greeko-roman empire.

Can we now say dat xtains dat go to church on sundays are worshipping the SUN god, given the historical antecedent of sunday, as a day dedicated to idol worship? One thing we need understand is dat the world has evolved so much and many practices ones seen as paganistic are no longer so. Take for instance, on SUNDAY (during the greeko-roman period), sacrifices are made to gods of ephesus and others. But in today sundays pple go to church to hear the word of God, and no ritual made. Will u now say sunday services are dedicated to SUN god? No.

The basis for my argument is dis, even though im not a xmas freak, there is nothing wrong celebratin the birth of christ if done modestly and with sober reflection on the significance of christ birth. No one knws the specific date christ was born. Even my grand mother(in dis modern era), the family dont knw the actual date she was born cos there is no birth registration centre in my village. So if the family choses a particular day to celebrate her it is never a crime as long as no idol or ancestral worship is attched to dat.

So the argument of not seeing anything good in xmas celebration is wrong and bias. It is true dat durin xmas so might choose to do things contrary to the bible, like drinkin and partying, but we shouldnt also forget dat many good things equally take place during xmas (family meetings, family prayers, showing love to friends, sharing of gifts, visitings friends and families, taking time off work, team\ bonding exercise, and even travelling)

let always see the + side of life and not be unnecesarily critics dat will not change anything but always in the corner to judge the seemingly flawed part of a system.

thank you for telling me that your worship has an affinity to the sunday, but it is not a universal thing to all christians since there are those that have there gathering in any day of the week that is conducive to the majority of the congregation peculiar circumstances.

Secondly, birthday celebration is not synonimouse with the wordhipers of Yahweh but is synonimouse with worshipers of satan.

So, again, you are following an example that has nothing to do with the example set for us in the bible.

You are on you own.

If you feel you are not on you own can you show us an example of what you say you do in the bible?

You are just part of this "world"
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
truthislight:

i am not a prsumpteouse person.

You seem to have gotten a "degree" for presumptiouseness.

We have given you reason to arrived a conclusion for your own self but you say no. Good for you.
Peace

If you can give me reason to arrive at a conclusion, why did you not give me reasons for me to decide if Xmas is pagan or not. You have been shouting pagan everywhere without proof. It's when it comes to answering my question that you provide 'something' for me to decide myself. You see yourself angry
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: Lets look at another angle of event\fashion, something not quite related to xmas. When i was in school i used to attend one xtain fellowship where i was told that the wearing of Jeans is against the word of God. We were told the history of peaple dat started the use of Jeans trousiers hw bad they are and their association with pple of the dark world. Incidentally over 70% of we guys in dat meeting were putting on Jean trousiers.

Some guys left the meetin in annoyance for wat the guy said on the podium cos most of us see jeans as rugged and can be used for weeks without washing (just brushing) and will save us time for anoda useful things in sch.

The other issue is the wedding ring, many pple view wedding ring as as ancient hindu practice associated with occultism, but today its a norm and even an integral part of the weddin process. Can we now say wedding rings are demonic cos it has no root in xtainity?

Most of us will rather choose to stay in our house and lock up ourselves frm the society if we choose to entertain all our time and taught on practices of today that are not in the bible. Even the olympics (greek olympus) is associated with idols (see the olympic sign and hologram and study its origin ). Are we now saying that the competitors and athletes and spectators and the LOC are worshipping idol?

The moment we realize the dynamics of human civilization and progression, most of our unneccessary burdens of certains things we see wrong will ease. Paul talked about the celebration of time and season (during his time there was no xmas,partly cos the church system is still strange to the pple at dat time), but he placed no burden on the pple not to celebrate as long as no sacrifice is made to 'appease' any false god (somewhere in the book of corinthian).

Happy holiday to all my friends, incuding plappvile.

which of what you have listed have a part to play in christian worship so that we can take it out like Chrismas?
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Picking a date that coincide with a day for pagan feast does not make my action pagan. I could choose another date and it Will probably coincides with sango feast day.

The date wasn't picked by mistake or by some roll of dice. It was deliberately chosen and also copied were the practices the pagans did, not one but lots of them. No amount of whitewashing will make it "Christian".

And the controversy over it continues. Thankfully more and more sincere Christians are seeing it for what it really is.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
alexleo:

Pagans cannot celebrate chirst. You are just dancing around the question he asked you. I didnt know you are such a skillful dancer.

we are not talking about celebrating christ, but we are talking about birthday celebration which is christmas.

Dont twist.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

You are the one deraillling....go answer those question and invite me when you creat a
wedding ring thread. I will participate, I am married with a ring. If I can put away all these pagan feast after after knowing their roots, putting my ring off is nothing. After all ring is not the center of our r marriage. Love is

Don't forget to add the wedding gown, its pagan.bridal train nko? all join grin you better check that your wedding very well. It was pagan. If na traditional wedding yo do, then your case is worse.p
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
alexleo: You are just dancing around my sister because this one of perming favours you. You explaination here only shows you are being selective in your following the bible. You asked the guy where God said you shouldnt perm and i asked you were God said you should perm you started dancing around. Did the apostles wives perm their hair? Where the issue of hair was mentioned in the new testament did they ask you to perm it? You said we should follow the apostles , that since they didnt celebrate the birth of Christ we shuldnt. why are you deviating in this one? You cant tell me that soap or cream that changes natural texture of your hair or skin are the same with the ones that dont. Employing that word cosmetics to answer the question i asked is only a desperate atempt to cover up. I can show you thousands of ladies whose hair sre still natural and neat. So dont talk as if without perming your hair goes wild. Again the quotation you provided for birthday does not mean we shouldnt celebratr birthday. Zikky asked you a question here and i repeat- why did God not stop his prophets from sacrificing to him when he knew the prophets of baal sacrificed same way?

which of what you have listed forms apart of christians worship?

If none stop the distraction.

Worship is a serious matter.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Hahaha grin I no fit shout. See as you dey fight as if the ownership of your makeup kit depend on this discussion grin

do you worship via make-up?

I will not be surprise you do since you use any pegan things you see/hear for worship.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by honeric01(m): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

Don't forget to add the wedding gown, its pagan.bridal train nko? all join grin you better check that your wedding very well. It was pagan. If na traditional wedding yo do, then your case is worse.p

This is a very bad way to debate an issue, you are making spiritual stuffs look so common, we're talking about Jesus here and what Christianity should be all about, you're here trying to blackmail people into dropping the quest for fact findings.

There's a difference between celebrating what was not asked of us as "Christians" and the color of dress worn during marriage. Jesus attended marriages and never spoke against what is worn in marriages.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
plappville:

You see yourself na? what do you mean ring is not the centre of your marriage? abeg make I hear better word! Your wedding is of pagan origin jor angry if I tell you am not thinking ancient pagan worship when am celebrating Xmas, you go begin argue. The only reason am not using words like 'hypocrite' is because you guys are my good friends.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
alexleo:

And the truth is that am celebrating Christ. Pagans dont and can never celebrate Christ

pegan celebrate birthdays and you like them also celebrate birthdays.

No true servant of Yahweh ever celebrated birthdays.

You and pegan are the same.

You are part of them.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
ijawkid:

NO.....only saw highlights on CNN and supersports..............the olympics ofcus is pagan............I don answer ya question.........

we dont worship olympic or olympic activities.

Chrismas form part of "christiandom" worship in the christian calendar.

There is the christmas carol.

The sunday Chrismas service. Etc
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: The igbo calender system is different frm the gregorian calender system. The igbos has four market days in a week: orie, afor, eke, and nkwo. The seventh week is reserved for culturral festival (28 day cycle make 1 month). If an igbo church decides to hold her monthly program evry 28 days will dat be tantamount to idol worship cos the native pple equally place significance on dat day?

Sunday is not just anoda day in xtainity, it is a day they revered just as the muslims revered friday. Meanwhile sunday is a date equally reverd by the greeko-roman empire as a day reserve for serving their god.

Maybe there is no funfares evry sunday, unlike xmas. Wen i went to onitsha some yrs back sundays are celebrated. As i said earlier, Dec 25 nevertheless can not be said to be the day christ was born. But if a date is set aside, officially to mark the birth of a great personality, ther is norring wrong with dat.

If we want to 'paganize' all events\days i bet u, u may not even hav a meaningful life to live. Our present calender system is a product of astrology\astronomy yet the whole world never seen anythin wrong with it (remeber the bible condemn astrology).

Our wedding ring is a product of hinduism and yet all churches practised it. The olympics is dedicated to greek god Zeus and yet all human race and religion participate and follow the olympic events.

The issue is dat its not a crime to condemn an event. If u want to condenm a practice or event u need to condemn it in its entirety and any associated event. If u say its not good for a xtain to celebrate xmas, u should also say its not good for a xtain to participate in the olympics, it is not good for a xtain to use wedding ring, its not good for xtain to worship on sunday and giv any sanctity to it. It is not good for a xtain to use the present calender system (its a product of astrology)

it is only biase if u condemn xmas and practice the rest, dats tantamount to hypocricy.

list out the pegan event that play apart in christian worship and you will know why they are bad.

But if they have no part in christian worship then God will not have a problem with it.

And that it has nothing to do with Yahweh and his son.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
TroGunn:

The date wasn't picked by mistake or by some roll of dice. It was deliberately chosen and also copied were the practices the pagans did, not one but lots of them. No amount of whitewashing will make it "Christian".

And the controversy over it continues. Thankfully more and more sincere Christians are seeing it for what it really is.

I was referring to myself. Did o perform something that could be termed pagan practice yesterday? NO. Is my celebration pagan because i decided to align with the date selected by the Catholic church? NO. I know the idea was not properly implemented but that does not make the date pagan. It's like holding a church congress in my village and choosing the date my village peeps have their hold the sango feast with
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by Zikkyy(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
TroGunn:

I was referring to myself. Did i perform something that could be termed pagan practice yesterday? NO. Is my celebration pagan because i decided to align with the date selected by the Catholic church? NO. I know the idea was not properly implemented but that does not make the date pagan. It's like holding a church congress in my village and choosing the date my village peeps have their hold the sango feast with the intention of winning them over and stopping them from participating inthe sango feast.
Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by plappville(f): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Zikkyy:

You see yourself na? what do you mean ring is not the centre of your marriage? abeg make I hear better word! Your wedding is of pagan origin jor angry if I tell you am not thinking ancient pagan worship when am celebrating Xmas, you go begin argue. The only reason am not using words like 'hypocrite' is because you guys are my good friends.

Go and sleep my friend grin grin, i stopped Christmas, easter, birthday celebration not very long ago. after much research and seeing they are not Scripture examples.
I have listened to sound sermons, Scriptures used are so plain, should i still harden my heart towards the word of God and do things my way instead of God's way? NO.

The issue of ring just rises here, i know the bible does not condernm the use of jewelry, It only condermn the abuse of it. See how appreciating jewelry is in the bible.

Gen 24:47, 48 “And I asked her, and said, whose daughter art thou? And she said, the daughter of Bethuel, Nahor's son, whom Milcah bare unto him: and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands. And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master's brother's daughter unto his son.”

Here we have a rather tender story of Abraham's servant giving jewelry to Rebekah, who was the
woman God had specially chosen for Isaac. Rebekah would not have accepted it, or the servant wouldn't
have offered it, if it was not pleasant in the eyes of His masters God.

I have told @true2god to creat a thread for the ring discussion, I do not want to derail this thread.
It makes no sense pretending to be following God why indulging in Pagan feasts or pratice.

By the way, i wasn't a believe when i got married then, so you can't judged me with my past.

And i repeat, it cost me nothing to take it off if truelly proven its paganism!

1 Like

Re: Christians, Can You Trace The History Of Your Feastival......? by truthislight: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
true2god: U didnt watch the olympic u only saw clips or highlights on cnn and supersports. The highlight u watched on supersports is not an olympic event abi. I bet u, the highlight u watched on supersports can take 3 to 4 hrs of ur time. so dnt be econimical with the truth, u watched and followed the olympic events to the fullest and i knw u knw osain bolt of jamaica and u watched him run.

Did osain bolt or any other athlete worship any idol at the olympics. Of course we knw the history of the event in greece but this modern era has given the event another meaning devoid of its pagan origin.

While im not an advocate of subtutitive religion, the fact remains dat the pagan origin of the olympics has long lost its significance. The pagan origin of sundays had lost its significance, the pagan origin of xmas had lost its significance, the pagan origin of exchangin wedding rings had lost its significant. No one is offerin a sacrifice to any idol in any of these events. Its rather a time of joy and celebration.

I dnt knw if u r gerring my points. I can have a 1000 and 1 reasons to condemn anything i dnt like. There is always a point to justify an action while might seem logical to an average person. Thats the power of human reasoning.

are the sited events/items use for worship? No.

So, you completely miss it.

Next time get the sense of what is at stake.

Birthday is a pegan event that celebrate/worship the spirit in charge of the day of one being born.

Worship is what Yahweh does not take for granted and Yahweh does not shear his worship.

Infact, Yahweh is a jealous God. QED tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust / We Can't Celebrate Jesus Enough- Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.