Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun (1236 Views)

Boko Haram Kills 21 In Yobe State / Boko Haram Kills At least 21 In A Fresh Attack In 2 Villages In Borno State / Chibok Girls Are Being Molested And Shot - Senator Zanna (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by cjrane: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2012
…As residents recount horrifying moments with assailants
For allegedly refusing some herdsmen the usage of their farmlands to graze their herds, no fewer than 21 people of Ketuland in Yewa North local government area of Ogun State were slaughtered while women, young and old, including a bride, were allegedly raped. Among those allegedly killed were five members of a family.

Some Ketuland residents stated these while narrating their ordeal in the hands of the herdsmen who, according to them, always lurked at the border areas close to their community at the approach of the dry season. They feared the same thing might happen this year unless urgent steps were taken to stop the herdsmen. Their spokesmen accused the state government of ignoring their cries for help, saying, in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, that government seemed to value the herds more than human lives.

The spokesman told the story of a bride who was raped about 24 hours after she wedded on her way to fetch water from a river in the community.

The spokesman, Lasisi Adewole, who represented the leadership of socio-cultural groups, which included Ketu Advancement Front, Ketu Alliance and Ketu People’s Assembly, claimed that no fewer than 21 people have been killed since 2000 when the herdsmen first invaded their farmlands.

Adewole and three farmers in the area: Phillip Akanan from Owode-Ketu, Amosu Olofinjin and Akinola Tunde from Agbon-Ojodu, said they were fed up with the annual killings of their people by the marauding herdsmen.

They insisted that unless Ogun State government and security agencies took urgent steps, more lives would be wasted this dry season.
Herdsmen... as death merchants

Herdsmen… as death merchants

“Many of our sons and daughters have been gruesomely murdered in a manner that appears as if we don’t have government. Our brilliant ones including our wives have been raped, assaulted. How would you feel if I mention your wife’s name as one of those that have been raped by the cattle rearers? Many of our wives and daughters who have been raped were taken to hospital in Abeokuta, the state capital,” they said.

“We are losing people as well as being prevented from doing what we know how to do best because of the grazing of our farms by the herdsmen’s cattle. With the terrible experience of the raping of our daughters and ones, including the bride, our communities are no longer safe.

“In a matter of days, they will enter the country through our communities and destroy our farmlands with the indiscriminate grazing of their cattle. We are helpless and that’s why we are appealing to the state government to urgently checkmate them.”

Displaying the gory pictures of some of the victims, Adewole alleged that Ogun State government and the police had been footdragging on the killings and rape and even took sides with the herdsmen whenever they attempted to protect themselves against their onslaught”. According to Adewole, recently, they received calls from some of the herdsmen who threatened to enter their communities from Republic of Benin.

“It is against this backdrop that we want to draw the attention of the world to the failure of our government to guarantee our security as demanded of her by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The herdsmen may make good their threat having been receiving protection from our government,” he added.

“The result of this will be a repeat of what we have been experiencing in the past eleven years: murder of innocent people, robbery at gun point, raping of both young and old, especially children of school age, attack on our villages in the dead of the night, arson, destruction of farm produce and forced closure of schools.

“We have taken time to once again chronicle our plight and anguish to further underscore the fact that it is the Ketu people who bear the brunt of the avoidable Ketu/ herdsmen crisis and not any other people.”

The people demanded the execution of a 2007 Ilaro High Court judgment which barred the herdsmen from grazing their cattle in the area and the payment of compensation to the victims of past attacks by Ogun State government and the Yewa North Local Government.

They also called for investigation of the alleged extra-judicial killing of a Junior Secondary School 3 student of Area Community High School, Ibeku by the police. Reacting to the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, said the Ketu people were only crying wolf.

He said: “The police could only ensure that there was no breakdown of law and order rather than stopping the herdsmen from coming into the area. They should not drag the police into the matter. “The state government and the House of Assembly have set up a committee on the matter. We are only waiting for the outcome of the exercise”. Also, the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Taiwo Adeoluwa, said the problem between the Ketu people and the herdsmen had been a recurrent one since the past 15 years.

Adeoluwa said the state government had set up a committee comprising the Ketu people, the herdsmen and government officials to tackle the problem. “These are unfair allegations. Recently, I held a meeting with them. The 30 villages in Ketu and the herdsmen too were represented. We’ve told the herdsmen to hold on, that we have set minimum standards for them.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/how-herdsmen-raped-bride-killed-21/
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by WarriPikin1: 9:11am On Dec 23, 2012
Amosun should take action. This situation is unbearable ! They molest people in the north, and come to the south to do the same. I hope Amosun will do something fast. This is just intolerable.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ebere1712: 11:01am On Dec 23, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin Nigeria jagajaga
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by LordNaya: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
NAWA OO
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by demmy(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2012
ATTN: THIS IS FAKE NEWS. THE POSTER MADE IT UP. THE STORY IS FAKE
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ak47mann(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
i wonder why yorubas fear hausa/fulani so much smileyi think is because of olden days hausa conquer their lands and turn their women to sex slaves.So the stigma is still there,this is why fulani can enter Yoruba state molest their women and kill their men and they will keep quiet,this is cowardliness in highest order,i have never seen tribe like yorubas b4 i dont understand them...

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by gratiaeo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
I wonder why these news have not make front page by now... Yoruba and their cowardice where is their men? Abi na only to open their dirty mouth and spite out rubbish they no.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by gratiaeo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy: ATTN: THIS IS FAKE NEWS. THE POSTER MADE IT UP. THE STORY IS FAKE

Fake news? Guy this is war and war is for men not for woman like you female yoruba man
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by vanbonattel: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2012
Chai, I can imagine how the dirty, cow smelling herdsmen will be sweating on top of the yoruba girls while their dads are being slaughtered, they must think they are riding a horse.

Yoruba cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by demmy(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
gratiaeo:
Fake news? Guy this is war and war is for men not for woman like you female yoruba man

Id.iot it is fake. The link is fake. No such news.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by vanbonattel: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy:

As if yoruba people have ever done anything since they have been riding your women and enjoying free toto.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
demmy:

The link isn't fake. I saw the news too on Vanguard here. I think they got it from vanguard.

or go on their page and scroll down to see it.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2012
Stop lying this is fake news!

Moderator, remove this thread!!
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by emmatok(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
Chima_Adeoye:

The link isn't fake. I saw the news too on Vanguard here. I think they got it from vanguard.

or go on their page and scroll down to see it.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/

You people are disgraceful.
I have read this story more than ten times on NL, yet no concrete link provided.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
emmatok:

You people are disgraceful.
I have read this story more than ten times on NL, yet no concrete link provided.

I won't descend to your level of using foul language. I'm telling you that i read this news 2 hours ago in vanguard and commented on it. Instead of abusing me,why don't you see if it is true or not for yourself?
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by emmatok(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
Chima_Adeoye:

I won't descend to your level of using foul language. I'm telling you that i read this news 2 hours ago in vanguard and commented on it. Instead of abusing me,why don't you see if it is true or not for yourself?

Their is nothing in the links you posted.
And why did you support the news in the first place, if not for BIGOTRY AND TRIBALISM.

Young man go read your books.
You are too young for these.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by abrat: 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
I've gone through the link & there is no such news there.

I love commenting based on facts & from my political sagacity, I would say the op is garrulous!!!
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 2:36am On Dec 24, 2012
abrat: I've gone through the link & there is no such news there.

I love commenting based on facts & from my political sagacity, I would say the op is garrulous!!!

Oga sorry o! No need for big grammar.Some people are naturally ostriches. I hope you are satisfied hiding your head in sand like an ostrich after reading the story on vanguard and sun news,guardian,Channel news,etc yet pretending you did not see it. kpele o!
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108595:fulani-herdsmen-invade-ogun-community-kill-farmer&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-rape-newly-wed-in-ogun/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/23/fulani-herdsmen-attack-community-in-ogun-slay-farmer/
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/fulani-herdsmen-invade-ogun-village-slaughter-one-leave-several-others-injured.html
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by demmy(m): 2:47am On Dec 24, 2012
Chima_Adeoye:

Oga sorry o! No need for big grammar.Some people are naturally ostriches. I hope you are satisfied hiding your head in sand like an ostrich after reading the story on vanguard and sun news,guardian,Channel news,etc yet pretending you did not see it. kpele o!
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108595:fulani-herdsmen-invade-ogun-community-kill-farmer&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/fulani-herdsmen-rape-newly-wed-in-ogun/
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/23/fulani-herdsmen-attack-community-in-ogun-slay-farmer/
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/12/fulani-herdsmen-invade-ogun-village-slaughter-one-leave-several-others-injured.html

Id.iot the news posted by the OP is fake.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 2:55am On Dec 24, 2012
demmy:

Id.iot the news posted by the OP is fake.

I don't expect an ostrich to behave otherwise.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by demmy(m): 2:59am On Dec 24, 2012
Chima_Adeoye:

I don't expect an ostrich to behave otherwise.

Now you can try a new tactics.

See we are not like you control by your instinct and notions. We assess and analyze before deciding.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2012
demmy:

Now you can try a new tactics.

See we are not like you control by your instinct and notions. We assess and analyze before deciding.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
“A coward dies a thousand times before his death" - William Shakespeare

You have no so called notions. No one expects the instincts of a coward to be otherwise, because the son of a coward is also always a coward. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Anyhow, i only posted here in the first place because someone said they could not find the story on Vanguardngr.com site and i had just read the story there.
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by demmy(m): 3:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Chima_Adeoye:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
“A coward dies a thousand times before his death" - William Shakespeare

You have no so called notions. No one expects the instincts of a coward to be otherwise, because the son of a coward is also always a coward. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Anyhow, i only posted here in the first place because someone said they could not find the story on Vanguardngr.com site and i had just read the story there.

MΩRON, the story posted here is fake. 21 people were not killed in Ogun as your fake biafra news alleged. The correct news which we already knew about since Friday is 1 farmer killed. The criminal fulani perpetrators had disappeared into neighbouring Benin republic. We are not like you and them to go on reprisal attacks killing innocent people. We are not you. Get it?
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by ChimaAdeoye: 6:00am On Dec 24, 2012
demmy:

MΩRON, the story posted here is fake. 21 people were not killed in Ogun as your fake biafra news alleged. The correct news which we already knew about since Friday is 1 farmer killed. The criminal fulani perpetrators had disappeared into neighbouring Benin republic. We are not like you and them to go on reprisal attacks killing innocent people. We are not you. Get it?

Nobody expects a coward to fight back but to make a thousand excuses for his shameful nature. The Herdsmen are still in Ogun,not Benin Republic as you would have us believe. In any case, i certainly don't subscribe to killing of innocent Nigerians anyway.But you cowardly refused to accept the news published in every Nigerian newspaper.In a typical ostrich character,you claimed in futility that you had not seen it, even though you had read it already. grin grin grin
Re: Herdsmen Molested Bride, Killed 21 In Ogun by abouzaid: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2012
I just read this same news on vanguard website, instead of yorubas figuring out how to protect themselves this dry season, they are busy lying their heads off. How come this is not on the frontpage? Cowardice of the highest order.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South / General Public Blast El-rufai After Granting Channels Interview / OPC Awarded "Anti Oil Pipeline Vandalism" Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.