Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South (1237 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / No Boko Haram Attack For The Past 3 Weeks! What Is Happening To PDP? / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
Despite the facts that there are islamic terrorists terrorizing the north, the north is still safer to stay or dwell in than the south for the following reasons
1. Kidnapping is not as rampant as it is in the south(of which daily people are being kidnapped)
2. Theft and armed robbery is so much less compared to the south where this is seen as normal. I see the north as a place to enjoy the money uve worked for in lagos. If u go to places like zamfara, jigawa, sokoto, u will see shop owners leaving their shops open to attend to other issues of their lives without any fear of thieves stealing their goods.
3. The people here dont do jazz like the people in the south. 'If fact na we dey teach them sum of dis crazy tins'
boko haram i want to believe may be a politically motivated sect created to de-stabilize the peaceful north and still yet some areas are still as peaceful as amsterdam. Guys wat do u think? I may be wrong u knw[img][/img]
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by 50samuel(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
FOR YOUR MIND!!!!!!!! OLODO

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by julioralph(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
Maybe you're one of those 'yoruba' with hausa roots.
Anyway your security assessment is ridiculous to say the least!
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Sealeddeal(m): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Terrorism is among the worst form of disaster any region/nation will ever experience.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by alfaman2: 3:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
See the legendary slave mentality of the yoruba people much talked about here.

Keep defending your masters.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
50samuel: FOR YOUR MIND!!!!!!!! OLODO

im not OLODO and will never be. That was why i said i may be wrong
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by miiraaj: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
The op may be right especially in the states he mentioned. The north is still relatively peaceful especially since the death of Gen.Azazi (Just an observation ooo). The only places that is still "HOT" is maiduguri and Yobe, and they are not as hostile as people from other parts of the country think.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Geomac: 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2013
miiraaj: The op may be right especially in the states he mentioned. The north is still relatively peaceful especially since the death of Gen.Azazi (Just an observation ooo). The only places that is still "HOT" is maiduguri and Yobe, and they are not as hostile as people from other parts of the country think.

You are absolutely correct.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
sbaks: Despite the facts that there are islamic terrorists terrorizing the north, the north is still safer to stay or dwell in than the south for the following reasons
1. Kidnapping is not as rampant as it is in the south(of which daily people are being kidnapped)
2. Theft and armed robbery is so much less compared to the south where this is seen as normal. Im a yoruba boy, a christian but i tell u the truth i see the north as a place to enjoy the money uve worked for in lagos. If u go to places like zamfara, jigawa, sokoto, u will see shop owners leaving their shops open to attend to other issues of their lives without any fear of thieves stealing their goods.
3. The people here dont do jazz like the people in the south. 'If fact na we dey teach them sum of dis crazy tins'
boko haram i want to believe may be a politically motivated sect created to de-stabilize the peaceful north and still yet some areas are still as peaceful as amsterdam. Guys wat do u think? I may be wrong u knw

What do I think?
I think you should order for another bottle of Alomo.

*Just Kidding* cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
Very laughable.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by boneruns(m): 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
miiraaj: The op may be right especially in the states he mentioned. The north is still relatively peaceful especially since the death of Gen.Azazi (Just an observation ooo). The only places that is still "HOT" is maiduguri and Yobe, and they are not as hostile as people from other parts of the country think.

If Boko Haram strike, you'll blame it on ineptitude of the JTF. JTF has been able to cordone off some part of the North, you're saying it's as a result of Azazi's death.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by ODUANEGRO: 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
sbaks: Despite the facts that there are islamic terrorists terrorizing the north, the north is still safer to stay or dwell in than the south for the following reasons
2. Theft and armed robbery is so much less compared to the south where this is seen as normal. Im a yoruba boy, a christian but i tell u the truth i see the north as a place to enjoy the money uve worked for in lagos. If u go to places like zamfara, jigawa, sokoto, u will see shop owners leaving their shops open to attend to other issues of their lives without any fear of thieves stealing their goods.
boko haram i want to believe may be a politically motivated sect created to de-stabilize the peaceful north and still yet some areas are still as peaceful as amsterdam. Guys wat do u think? I may be wrong u knw

op be specifi and say SE, instead of saying South.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by gramci: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

op be specifi and say SE, instead of saying South.

Another senior kolo
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by comradeoscar(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
ur post is so stupid. As if we re nt in Nigeria. kidnapers wil take hostage & release dia victim afta colEcty pay bt BH wil trow bomb ito a mket or a church ad u open ur crokodie mouth 2 say dt North is safer? u re just crazy!
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by redsun(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2013
One thing for sure,north is saner in terms of morals and compassion among fellow human beings. South is purely dog eat dog. People are ready to sell their own mothers just to have that shallow monies that never sees the light if the day.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
the op is right. The north is far more a safer place than the south. It is quieter, neeter, more organized less crime ridden, less money oriented, less greedy than the suth.

Lets do an honest comparism of the southern cities like: lagos, PH, Aba, onitcha, ibadan, enugu etc to northern cities like: Abuja, kano, kaduna, minna, makurdi, jos, yola, maiduguri, sokoto, etc.

We should base our comparism on cost of living, safety of lives and propertise (BH is more prevailent in the media than it is in reality trust me), better navigation within cities, sanitation etc
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
redsun: One thing for sure,north is saner in terms of morals and compassion among fellow human beings. South is purely dog eat dog. People are ready to sell their own mothers just to have that shallow monies that never sees the light if the day.
you are right. But since majority of people in the south hate islam and hausa fulani, they will never agree with you.

The funniest thing is, most of them have never been to the north
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Geomac: 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
redsun: One thing for sure,north is saner in terms of morals and compassion among fellow human beings. South is purely dog eat dog. People are ready to sell their own mothers just to have that shallow monies that never sees the light if the day.

+1000
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
comrade oscar: ur post is so stupid. As if we re nt in Nigeria. kidnapers wil take hostage & release dia victim afta colEcty pay bt BH wil trow bomb ito a mket or a church ad u open ur crokodie mouth 2 say dt North is safer? u re just crazy!
im not crazy and will never be. neither do i have or wil eva hav a crocodile mouth.
If uve gone 2 d north u'll undastand beta
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by koruji(m): 4:37am On Mar 02, 2013
Itan ra e ni je se kun owo yin bayi.

Even when there was no Boko Haram - crimes were just as bad in the north when you compare to the level of economic activities in the south.
This is just like when some study came out saying that x% of the bribery in Nigeria takes place in the south.
Of course. Did they forget that (x+y)% (x and y both greater than zero) of commerce that might involve bribery also take place down south.

Nigeria should be peaceful, both north and south.
Right now the north is in dire straits security-wise, and OP if you are a northerner you do the north a disservice by failing to see the potential for things to become completely disastrous up north.

Action to save the north is needed now, not regional jingoism.
The courage APC showed by walking publicly in Maiduguri is appreciated.
It shows the world that Nigeria can still work as a unit but there is work to be done. Real work.

boko haram i want to believe may be a politically motivated sect created to de-stabilize the peaceful north and still yet some areas are still as peaceful as amsterdam. Guys wat do u think? I may be wrong u knw[img][/img]
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Arsenate(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2013
Op is right. I've lived in both regions, presently in Lagos, and oh dear, I've never seen a more rowdy, disorganised place. Life is far too stressful here, which is detrimental to one's health. Everything is a struggle. Everyone is inpatient. Everything, especially rent, is unnecessarily expensive. Everyone is greedy, but actually think they're smart. Driving to work is a work itself. The environment is Extremely noisy. Can't really think of any pleasant thing here. Just a complete disorganised place. I prefer the north a million times. Can't wait to go back, I swear.
Little wonder the southerners in the north are reluctant to relocate.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by ecosanders: 8:56am On Mar 02, 2013
sbaks:
im not crazy and will never be IJMN AMEN. neither do i have or wil eva hav a crocodile mouth IJMN AMEN.
If uve gone 2 d north u'll undastand beta
nice post Op, but haters wil neva agree wit u, in d North no öne wil eva despise u because u r frm Anoda tribe, bt in d south, u hear words like mallam, aboki etc use rudely, i spent d last 3months in d North, believe me, d ppl there didnt treat us rudely d way we treat northerners here.
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Smuthx(m): 11:16am On Mar 02, 2013
Arsenate: Op is right. I've lived in both regions, presently in Lagos, and oh dear, I've never seen a more rowdy, disorganised place. Life is far too stressful here, which is detrimental to one's health. Everything is a struggle. Everyone is inpatient. Everything, especially rent, is unnecessarily expensive. Everyone is greedy, but actually think they're smart. Driving to work is a work itself. The environment is Extremely noisy. Can't really think of any pleasant thing here. Just a complete disorganised place. I prefer the north a million times. Can't wait to go back, I swear.
Little wonder the southerners in the north are reluctant to relocate.
Just to remind you, Lagos is not the only state in southern part of Nigeria. your view of rowdy, disorganized place of Lagos is up to you but comparism with northern states with Lagos as southern states is incomplete and inefficient to reach a conclusion
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Smuthx: Just to remind you, Lagos is not the only state in southern part of Nigeria. your view of rowdy, disorganized place of Lagos is up to you but comparism with northern states with Lagos as southern states is incomplete and inefficient to reach a conclusion
his view of lagos applies to all cities in the south, fact! The filth, sprawlingness, etc all apply to the south
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by asha80(m): 6:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
souldust: his view of lagos applies to all cities in the south, fact! The filth, sprawlingness, etc all apply to the south
never knew kano city is squeaky clean
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by seunny4lif(m): 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
asha 80: never knew kano city is squeaky clean
grin
asha 80: never knew kano city is squeaky clean
ABI OOOOO?Has if I never see all frm kano,katina,zamfara and sokoto bt in sokoto abeg na human dey stay dat place?wahala dey ooooo becos my food I no fit finish am becos over 2million kids dey wait for my small plate of food make dem rush am.....
Re: Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South by ibide(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
If the abokis as so clean as u people say , why is it that all once down south are so dirty ?

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela, Critically Ill...africans, Un, Oprah Winfrey,others Eulogize Him / Shocker For Ogd At The Burial Of Abati'smother As Sia Counsels The Ex-governor / Osun State Do Not Be Fooled... Second Term Not Possible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.