Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame (3696 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Technocracy: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2012
Why on earth will nairaland enlist chinua achebe in their hall of shame,simply because he said the truth about your most reverd awo and revealing facts about the civil war,i had expected nairaland to bring it in the court of public opinion other than adopting ethnocentric bias,more so one of the cardinal principle of journalism is balance d reporting,which you have negated,i think its a privillege to ur management that nigerians patronise, adopt fairness and throw tribalism and brown paper pack to the bin if u want to remain the choice destination for conscious nigerians
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by jayonpoint(m): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2012
@Ops u shld knw dat achebe traded wrongly giving his pedigree..introducing a wound
Wich left many dead n almost caused d unity of d country.

I least xpectd it frm him n so ar many disappointed in him. Giving d
Time frame of d event, anybody including u wld hv provided
Similar options leading into d end of civil-war, beside Awo wasn't
Directly involved in d starvation of d bereaved, he did wat best
Bcus oof his luv 4 d nation oof his dream. May if he lived long enough to witness
Wat is obtainable in d country 2day perhaps, he may hv a diffrnt view bt
As at d time, dey had a gud plan 4 dis coountry
N I dnt think dey regreted wadtever actions dey'd taken giving their
Intentions n visions 4 dis nation. my frnd pls go n understnd d occasion well b4 u judge weather Achebe was done injustice.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by demmy(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2012
Shame on Achebe for using division to sell book.

2 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2012
@op. You are r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d
When achebe decided to publish a pack of unprecedented and frivolous lies, where were you?
Did you ibos not come here to support him?
Selection of Achebe into this forum's hall of fame was done through an election.
So STFU.

1 Like

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by jason123: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2012
@OP

SHUT UP!
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Dede1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 23, 2012
seanet02: @op. You are r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d
When achebe decided to publish a pack of unprecedented and frivolous lies, where were you?
Did you ibos not come here to support him?
Selection of Achebe into this forum's hall of fame was done through an election.
So STFU.

No wonder delusional rascals believed Oduduwa fell from the sky. I guess Achebe selection into the so-called hall of shame of Nairaland was conducted by bunch of moronic nitwits.

5 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by vanbonattel: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
The yoruba will continue to envy the igbo, pull him down mentality since independence. Shine on Achebe, you have already killed what is left of awolowo's dying reputation.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
grin
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by patrick89(m): 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
It is very Wong! If u like condemn it f u don't like praise it. The OP is not intelligent period? After all one mans meat is another molecular description of the cycle of another mans poison.
I expected better from Jarus of all people. Because Jarus wouldnt have added his name if he was an Igbo, that is the irony keep jumping up and down you Can never get to the sky
Lol embarassed cool sad
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Dede1:

No wonder delusional rascals believed Oduduwa fell from the sky. I guess Achebe selection into the so-called hall of shame of Nairaland was conducted by bunch of moronic nitwits.
You call it what you like.
An aggressive and ediotic minority like ibos can not force it views on a vibrant and properly informed Yoruba like achebe tried to do in his concoction of monumental and fictional lies.

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 4:53pm On Dec 23, 2012
van bonattel: The yoruba will continue to envy the igbo, pull him down mentality since independence. Shine on Achebe, you have already killed what is left of awolowo's dying reputation.
Look at this ediot.
You people continue to flock to our Region in your millions and still thinks we admire you?
You surely need mental check up
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Noiseless2: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
The same bunch of people (yorobasttards) that did everything in their power to see that Achebe and his people were wiped off the face of the earth during the biafran war. I weep for any foolish Igbo who is being naive and not seeing the Yorubas for what they really are, which is green snakes in a green grass.By the way have they finished calling for a ban on all Achebe's book?

4 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Noiseless2: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
BLUEPIG, I'm prepared for your stinking saliva.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Caesar1988(m): 5:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
And who is seun.....?seun is a fool....yes...And nairaland is a place where pple drop poo and go...A place where 90% of d news posted r fake....I will nt curse yorubas in general but i knw dat dey r traibalistic....Awolowo is a slave......Long live chinua achebe....

2 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by belovedaja(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2012
What will you expect from a yoruba own social media site. Nairaland has become less credible.
A book that has gain international recognition/commendation . I weep for this country. Whoever that love injustice will have it in abundance in his/her domain.
Seun seun seun

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2012
If you don't like that, protest against NL or just simply create your own forum!

Achebe further put a strain on an already fragile relationship between Igbos and Yorubas.

Even if Awolowo "ordered genocide" on the Igbos like the prof said, why didn't the prof speak about the Igbos who stole Ojukwu's money he wanted to use to buy weapons?

The fund raised for acquisition of arms that was embezzled by Igbos? The Igbos who sabotaged the war? Why? Awolowo was on the Nigerian side a finance minister not a military general.

You don't hear Wole Soyinka speaking about his grievances with Ojukwu because the wise is trying to bury the mistake and let Ojukwu continue to be revered by his people.

What is Achebe trying to achieve by indirectly calling Awolowo a war criminal? Knowing Awolowo means a lot to the Yorubas.

Awolowo didn't let Azikiwe's bank go bankrupt during the war, but same Azikiwe connived with Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa to throw Awolowo in jail.

Yet Awolowo ensure that hi bank stayed healthy during the war. You see why Achebe deserve to be in the hall of shame?

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Demdem(m): 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
@Post

That is the beauty of Democracy.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by basisop(m): 12:03am On Dec 24, 2012
Jarus the mumu got it wrong! Putting Seun's business at risk. Expect to read where NL would be messed up on one of the Nigerian newpapers.

2 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2012
Chinua writes a memoir and it is broadcast on the world stage,Yorubas are pained and respond on nairaland and Osun defender
grin grin grin grin grin
Levels dey o

My copy kiss kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Arysexy(m): 12:34am On Dec 24, 2012
NL has gone to d dogs, if achebe is to be listed in hall of shame, then awolowo should be listed in black book for starvig children to death
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 24, 2012
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 24, 2012
So much anger and displaced emotions on this thread.

Some ppl are really hurting.

The vote was unanimous. Chineus Achiba belongs in the hall of shame.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 24, 2012
jason123: @OP

SHUT UP!

Am I seeing things? shocked
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 12:51am On Dec 24, 2012
Baby mama: Chinua writes a memoir and it is broadcast on the world stage,Yorubas are pained and respond on nairaland and Osun defender
grin grin grin grin grin
Levels dey o

My copy kiss kiss kiss

grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 24, 2012
babapupa:

grin grin grin grin grin

Chei see spellings and errors shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Sofry o
Baba pupa abeg na
Don't shoot us on a Sunday grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 12:59am On Dec 24, 2012
Baby mama:

Chei see spellings shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Sofry o
Baba pupa abeg na

Ode, na ya Igbo lingo den take type am...

lmao... the joke is on you.
Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by 1forall: 12:59am On Dec 24, 2012
You think you're rubbishing the man but you're actually proving him right.

No wonder there was a country.

2 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 24, 2012
1forall: You think you're rubbishing the man but you're actually proving him right.

No wonder there was a country.

Of course na
Do people worry about people wey dem better pass
The book sure had an effect

cool cool cool cool cool

I love it!
Great book,a must read
The man has a much louder voice

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 24, 2012
babapupa:

Ode, na ya Igbo lingo den take type am...

lmao... the joke is on you.

Hehehehehehehehe
Nice try
Now go and poke pins at your Chinua effigy ,call on your 401 gods and chant your juju incantations grin grin
Ndi ara
That ought to make you feel berra grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by 1forall: 1:11am On Dec 24, 2012
Wise people study history.
If you don’t know what was, you can't understand what is and you're unprepared for what is to come.
~ Louis Farrakhan

2 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 24, 2012
Like I said earlier somewhere else ,Chinua aimed with an automatic rifle fully loaded and these ones ran out grabbing their father's moth eaten oracles
Any comparisons?
Na who go quench? grin grin grin grin
Long after he is gone,his Book will live on
Tehehehehehehe

3 Likes

Re: An Injustice To Enlist Prof Chinua Achebe In The Nairaland Hall Of Shame by dayokanu(m): 3:12am On Dec 24, 2012
Achebe deserves the award

Osisi oya do the right thing and vote Achebe for the Hall of shame

Achebe Lame bigot

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Unity Bank Plc Relocates Corporate Headquarters To Lagos / Deaths In Southeast And Niger Delta, The Signs Are Getting Scary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.