Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? (1130 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2012
I just got this from Pat Utomi's facebook page.....what do you guys think?
Pat Utomi
It has been pointed out to me that many Nigerians who have supported the workI have done in politics and community service are unaware of the fact that I’m now a member of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). I have been a member for more than a year. The reason I took this course of action is because the progressive opposition in Nigeria has been unable to bring itself under one umbrella though many, myself included, have tried to bring this about by encouraging the subsuming of ego for the common progressive good. This has proven very difficult and progressives cannot afford to dissipate their energies in various small armies while the enemies of the progressive struggle are disciplined enough to coalesce under the conservative/ ­retrogressive Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). I would therefore encourage all opposition parties to join the ACN. As far as I’m concerned, Nigeria should run a PDP-ACN political party structure. PU

Did Pat Utomi Make The Right Decision By Joining ACN?
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by johnwizey: 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2012
ACN presidential candidate come 2015.....wu wanna bet
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2012
John I don't think putting him up as the presidential candidate for ACN will work. Maybe the vice president or another post entirely. I believe that if the proposed merger between AcN and CPC works, a muslim candidate and a christain vice-president would be the best option. With free and fair elections imagine Fashola running as the president with Utomi as the vice...It is going to be a sure thing.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Olucheye(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2012
ACN simply laid their bed for failure! BTW, a two party system in Nigeria is just a dream!
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by PointB: 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2012
If he cannot get the AC.N Presidential Candidate, then it's a bloody waste of time. I rather vote GEJ as president than Pat Utomi as VP.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2012
PointB: If he cannot get the AC.N Presidential Candidate, then it's a bloody waste of time. I rather vote GEJ as president than Pat Utomi as VP.
That is your own opinion but remember that Nigeria is made up of many tribes with different likes and dislikes...The North and the West may not vote for him...Tribalism matters and so on
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by monkeyleg: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
Good move
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by VolvoS60(m): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
PointB: If he cannot get the AC.N Presidential Candidate, then it's a bloody waste of time. I rather vote GEJ as president than Pat Utomi as VP.

^^Of course you would.
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by VolvoS60(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
OP,

Link please?

If this is true. . . hmm.

Patrick Utomi has always struggled with building a base. It has dogged all his campaigns and effectively scuttled his presidential ambitions.

I voted for him in '07, thinking that Utomi's natural constituency wink would strengthen his campaign efforts but it soon became clear that mr. utomi needed to do a lot more work to get anywhere near the presidency. In retrospect, perhaps he should have started lower and built up a political base before taking a shot at the presidency.

I think his latest move (if indeed it is true) is definitely not in his best interests, politically speaking. The overbearing influence of mr tinubu ( a highly questionable character with no redeeming features) over the ACN will not augur well for any politician who truly wants to tear down the evil tower that is Nigerian politics (as it is currently practised).

I hope it works out well for mr utomi. Time will tell.
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Olucheye(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
VolvoS60:
I think his latest move (if indeed it is true) is definitely not in his best interests, politically speaking. The overbearing influence of mr tinubu ( a highly questionable character with no redeeming features) over the ACN will not augur well for any politician who truly wants to tear down the evil tower that is Nigerian politics (as it is currently practised).

I hope it works out well for mr utomi. Time will tell.

The OP's post is true and your post simply says it all!
Need we all say more!
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
I wish him the best....With the current political situation it is highly unlikely that he can win anything on his own
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
sanchez4eva: John I don't think putting him up as the presidential candidate for ACN will work. Maybe the vice president or another post entirely. I believe that if the proposed merger between AcN and CPC works, a muslim candidate and a christain vice-president would be the best option. With free and fair elections imagine Fashola running as the president with Utomi as the vice...It is going to be a sure thing.
Its obvious you dont live in Nigeria.Is that how you make political calculations.who is Fashola?
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
olas2u:
Its obvious you dot live in Nigeria.Is that how you make political calculations.who is Fashola?
Fashola is a man many people will vote for based on his accomplishments
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2012
sanchez4eva:
Fashola is a man many people will vote for based on his accomplishments

That is not how they decide presidential candidates in Nigeria.
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
olas2u:

That is not how they decide presidential candidates in Nigeria.
Please educate us.....how do they decide presidential candidates in Nigeria?
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
sanchez4eva:
Please educate us.....how do they decide presidential candidates in Nigeria?
Well you must have been a student of government before ,so you know the presidential system of government.Given Nigeria were we have diversity,you cannot peer UTOMI from south south and Fashola from southwest.
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2012
olas2u:
Well you must have been a student of government before ,so you know the presidential system of government.Given Nigeria were we have diversity,you cannot peer UTOMI from south south and Fashola from southwest.
Is Fashola a muslim?
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2012
sanchez4eva:
Is Fashola a muslim?

Yes,is that how you view it
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2012
Well the best candidates dont win elections in Nigeria
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by sanchez4eva: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2012
olas2u: Well the best candidates dont win elections in Nigeria
That's true but all that must change for development to take place
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2012
sanchez4eva:
That's true but all that must change for development to take place
Party primaries determine who emerges for parties,can you influence that from outside,you can only vote after the parties come up with there presidential candidates.Politicians think differently from ordinary people.The presidential system is very expensive and cannot throw up the best in Nigeria.The candidates will negotiate their way up and have to pay back with appointments or patronage after they win.And dont forget Nigeria is a strategic asset to some countries and multinationals,They will not allow you to do the right thing.
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by Clerverly: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2012
Why are people distancing themselves from Jonathan and his thieving gang Who knows how many that will leave him before 2015 grin grin grin
retardeen OYO for you tongue
Re: Pat Utomi In ACN: The Right Decision? by musiwa10: 12:11am On Dec 24, 2012
V

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That In China, You Can Hire Someone To Serve Your Prison Sentence? / Assassination Attempt On Emir Of Kano, Driver Feared Dead. / No Hiding Place For Beggars —fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.