Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 (7879 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / When Obasanjo Joined The Nigerian Army (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Bkl4real: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2012
From his Facebook Page:
It has been pointed out to me that many Nigerians who have supported the work I have done in politics and community service are unaware of the fact that I’m now a member of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN). I have been a member for more than a year. The reason I took this course of action is because the progressive opposition in Nigeria has been unable to bring itself under one umbrella though many, myself included, have tried to bring this about by encouraging the subsuming of ego for the common progressive good. This has proven very difficult and progressives cannot afford to dissipate their energies in various small armies while the enemies of the progressive struggle are disciplined enough to coalesce under the conservative/retrogressive Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). I would therefore encourage all opposition parties to join the ACN. As far as I’m concerned, Nigeria should run a PDP-ACN political party structure. PU

https://www.facebook.com/Utomi/posts/10151472611512525

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by toprealman: 3:06am On Dec 24, 2012
Makes no difference.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by dayokanu(m): 3:07am On Dec 24, 2012
Welcome Utomi to the ACN

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Pharoh: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2012
two party system is the best with independent candidates allowed.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by manny4life(m): 3:09am On Dec 24, 2012
ACN may be progressive in the SW, but they're no different than PDP - both parties are have same manifesto. ACN may indeed be perfect for SW platform, they can't go national and challenge PDP because of the simple fact of "Godfatherism" and other underlying ethnic differences.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 24, 2012
Interesting - I wish ACN could 'twerk' their manifesto a little bit and include sustainable social welfare programmes...

I need to read more about the man..
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 3:14am On Dec 24, 2012
manny4life:

ACN may be progressive in the SW, but they're no different than PDP - both parties are have same manifesto. ACN may indeed be perfect for SW platform, they can't go national and challenge PDP because of the simple fact of "Godfatherism" and other underlying ethnic differences.

Godfatherism is the bane of politics and democracy - and they're also like siamese twins because you can't separate one from the other...

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by egbetokuns(m): 4:17am On Dec 24, 2012
No party in this world that does not exist without God father. Its part of politics. As long as a c n make change out none we should accept the difference but we must also criticise them so that their mistake must well known to them. Welcome utomi

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by RoyalRoy(m): 4:20am On Dec 24, 2012
Way to go Pat . As it makes no sense struggling on platforms that have no real chances of pushing you to your goals. At least somewhere, somehow he will be put into better use of his intellect now than just wasting away!

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by 5much(m): 4:32am On Dec 24, 2012
ACN is a nice party, Pat Utomi, welcome on board.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by PeterKbaba: 4:54am On Dec 24, 2012
Pat welcome to ACN and lets all help sweet away this pdp
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by anonimi: 5:28am On Dec 24, 2012
Pharoh: two party system is the best with independent candidates allowed.

this is what can accelerate the deepening of our nascent democracy coupled with campaign FINANCE legislation to curb godfathers and corruption in the system.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by RichDad1(m): 5:46am On Dec 24, 2012
Welcome our future senate president.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by otss(m): 5:48am On Dec 24, 2012
Utomi is someone I have great respect for when it comes ruling this country. Welcome to acn lets c ao it goes now...
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by motobid(m): 6:13am On Dec 24, 2012
Why you no join bifo?
You go soon leave the party because you no go fit become wetin you wan become.
The party na yoruba get am.
Edo gov just dey follow dem too like M-U-M-U.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by rhymz(m): 6:23am On Dec 24, 2012
As far as opposition is concerned, the only edge the ACN has is its size but when it comes to substance, they are realy not any different from their enemy, the PDP.

I will continue to ask this question; why is it that the only thing one hears from Nigerian opposition parties is PDP and how to remove PDP. They are so obsessed with what PDP does that they forget to tell us what they can do through good examples. Seriously, opposition is not ready in this country, instead doing the real work of opposition they obsessed themselves with finding faults uneccessarily while overlooking the shenanigans in their own party.
ACN is a logical choice no doubt but the party needs some serious reforms even more than the PDP, if they truly want to be taken seriously by other political parties outside of the SW. It can't continue to be Tinubu enterprises or an extension of Afenifere. If it must oppose, it must be genuine opposition devoid of pettiness and a fault-finding mission. People like Utomi should be given a much bigger role to play in the reformation of the party if realy they want to make changes. All that Tinubu tiwa tiwa politics should be sholved aside, they can do that in Afenifere when Yoruba leaders meet but as a political party they must go beyond revolving everything around one man. Tinubu is a liability the ACN has to put in the background and not forward for negotiations and talks of coalitions. Well done Mr Utomi but if ACN continues to operate as presently formed, it wont be any different from the previous elections.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by takedat(m): 6:33am On Dec 24, 2012
Its a welcome development since there are no credible alternatives. The members of opposition parties need to come under an umbrella to wrestle the ruling party and if ACN is the alternative platform there is nothing one can do, atleast that will wane down Tinubu's influence and tribal politics!
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by sizzlers(m): 6:39am On Dec 24, 2012
I love u pat. Welcome aboard
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by folahann(m): 6:48am On Dec 24, 2012
If Buhari, ANPP, APGA and others join ACN, the impact Tinubu has will reduce drastically. Even if PDP is not defeated, they will be shaken and could be overthrown at the next election.
Two party system will surely make the incubent party sit-up 'cause they will be down at any slip-up.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by rhymz(m): 7:06am On Dec 24, 2012
folahann: If Buhari, ANPP, APGA and others join ACN, the impact Tinubu has will reduce drastically. Even if PDP is not defeated, they will be shaken and could be overthrown at the next election.
Two party system will surely make the incubent party sit-up 'cause they will be down at any slip-up.
And you think Tinubu with his party connection will sitdown and let himself lose influence in the party? The man would rather make it ungovernable for every ACN member.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by ba7man(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2012
I really hope his presence can put Tinubu's excesses in check. At least i can vouche for Pat Utomi's integrity to a good extent.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Demdem(m): 7:20am On Dec 24, 2012
Excellent development. Who in his right senses will like to allign with the killer party?
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by phoneport(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2012
HAVING A godfathers is not a problem, the problem is how Godly are these fathers?

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by ypzilanti: 7:58am On Dec 24, 2012
The opposition can only dislodge the criminal party in charge by uniting under a single umbrella. That is always the way ruling parties are dislodged in developing countries.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by dcitizen1: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2012
Pat utomi is a good and astute politician. He joined the acn party to shot for the governorship position in lagos. Hope tribalist and religious bigot will not thwat his ambition. Pat utomi is an individual that i hold with self esteem and he is the best leader that can change the governance in lagos with his wealth of experience and political sagacity. let us vote for merit at the acn primary come 2015 and entrench the democratic growth and development. Let us kill god fatherim in acn and give the political party a national outlook. God fatherism only exist in a region where majority of the pple are stack illetrate and have the minds set of a robot. There is a limit dat regional party can go and you truly need a national party to wrestle with pdp. There is a limit to which an individual or nation can fly in the face of providence without destroying itself. Pat utomi for governor in lagos come 2015.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by maclatunji: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2012
Pat Utomi has made a smart political move. 2015 promises to be interesting for those who will be lucky enough to see it.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by dridowu: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2012
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 24, 2012
Don't worry. By the time ACN & CPC coalition collapses, he will bail out in secret for sure. GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019. Southwest & all North would smell their ar5e by force. We in the Southeast & Southsouth will continue to support GEJ (even though we know he is a mediocre). Pepper must pepper the opposition in 2015 tongue
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Smooyis(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2012
Just thinking, Utomi should better have joined the Labour party rather than the one man led AC N party in which many there are groaning to be out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Oduduwa, Restructing, Resource Control Left With Nnamdi Kanu / Real Fulani By Photos / Abubakar Badaru: N1.57 Trillion Budget Not Enough To Fight Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.