Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,445 members, 7,954,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 (7924 Views)

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / When Obasanjo Joined The Nigerian Army (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by duality(m): 8:43am On Dec 24, 2012
It will only make sense if he is given the presidential ticket. any other thing makes his joining ACN inconsequential. after all I don't think Prof Pat can beat PDP to producing 1 million votes in his own home state (DELTA STATE).

ON the other hand, he should come home and contest for governorship.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2012
Pharoh: two party system is the best with independent candidates allowed.
I see that you have been in the U.S for too long hah? This is Nigeria my friend.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afolabs101: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2012
shymexx:

Godfatherism is the bane of politics and democracy - and they're also like siamese twins because you can't separate one from the other...

Really? But do Obama, Cameron, Merkel etc have Godfathers? I can't imagine Clinton telling Obama who to put in his cabinet. However I do concede that George Bush Snr was George Bush Jr's Godfather.

Until they remove Tinubu from ACN, the party has no chance. Why not make Utomi party Chairman and give the party a more national and less regional character
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2012
Pat Utomi is a man with credentials, but I am thrilled he joined ACN, I would have been happier if he joined the PDP where he has a real shot at the Presidency, as it is, his struggles continue cos I hardly see Tinubu allowing anyone to outshine him. I do not know the motive behind joining the ACN but Pat is a Nigerian Politician, he has right to criss-cross from party2party, afterall, its always their selfish aim and not party manifesto. ACN is crooky in the West and will go ballistic with her GodFatherism if given a chance at Aso. Most of Fashola projects are either PPP or Loan, I sincerely wonder where the IGR and Fed Alloc is spent. The speed at which they seize waterfronts from their native villagers are astronomical, Tinubu is yet to unveil his source of billions, Fashola has been sleeping in second term. Lagos was and is ACN case study, and I am handsomely appreciating the Abracabra.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by lavivifubs: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2012
Pls someone should advise me: what is the political ideology of the ACN that Utomi is identifying with?
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by PeterKbaba: 9:28am On Dec 24, 2012
Smooyis: Just thinking, Utomi should better have joined the Labour party rather than the one man led AC N party in which many there are groaning to be out

Didn't you watch Jonathan media chat, were he said Labor Party is another arm of PDP party....... please go and search for the video chat on youtube.com, and you will know that labor party in just an independent pdp (peoples destroyers party) arm of government.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Gbawe: 9:33am On Dec 24, 2012
Utomi is most welcomed. An absolute gentlemen and a man of ideas. ACN is not perfect but it is the best Political Party in Nigeria currently and the only platform capable of deposing the PDP and giving Nigerians a fairer deal in our evolutionary march towards progress. With the likes of Utomi joining up, and hopefully becoming prominent, then the indolence of the ruling Party can be challenged robustly.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by folahann(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2012
rhymz: And you think Tinubu with his party connection will sitdown and let himself lose influence in the party? The man would rather make it ungovernable for every ACN member.
I'm not saying he will lose inflence but the influence he currently has won't be the same
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by myola(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2012
Trust like a fox. Who is trustworthy amongst our politicians.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by OsunOriginal: 9:40am On Dec 24, 2012
folahann: If Buhari, ANPP, APGA and others join ACN, the impact Tinubu has will reduce drastically. Even if PDP is not defeated, they will be shaken and could be overthrown at the next election.
Two party system will surely make the incubent party sit-up 'cause they will be down at any slip-up.

Remove APGA from the list...
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Jerie(m): 9:40am On Dec 24, 2012
Tusky44: Don't worry. By the time ACN & CPC coalition collapses, he will bail out in secret for sure. GEJ FOR 2015 - 2019. Southwest & all North would smell their ar5e by force. We in the Southeast & Southsouth will continue to support GEJ (even though we know he is a mediocre). Pepper must pepper the opposition in 2015 tongue
My friend, can the combined number of the SS and SE (10 states) give Jona the required constitutional number? Are you a learner?

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2012
folahann: If Buhari, ANPP, APGA and others join ACN, the impact Tinubu has will reduce drastically. Even if PDP is not defeated, they will be shaken and could be overthrown at the next election.
Two party system will surely make the incubent party sit-up 'cause they will be down at any slip-up.
This is the point i was making in another thread. If these other opposition party come together, Tinubu's influence will be reduced drastically. I don't think he would want that.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Samxiulee: 10:45am On Dec 24, 2012
lavivifubs: Pls someone should advise me: what is the political ideology of the ACN that Utomi is identifying with?
progressives
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Gbawe: 11:11am On Dec 24, 2012
Afolabs101:

Really? But do Obama, Cameron, Merkel etc have Godfathers? I can't imagine Clinton telling Obama who to put in his cabinet. However I do concede that George Bush Snr was George Bush Jr's Godfather.

Until they remove Tinubu from ACN, the party has no chance. Why not make Utomi party Chairman and give the party a more national and less regional character

Why do people like you talk like this? I.e in a totally disgusting fashion that shows you are not fair-minded or even cognisant of how, fundamentally, usurpation of the efforts of others is one of the most disgusting thing in life? When Atiku, Ngige, Bafawara et al only ever viewed the ACN as a means to an end, who steadfastly and painfully stuck with the idea of developing the Party into a veritable opposition political platform?

I don't know how some of us view life in relation to human endeavour and the need for hard work, talent and innovation to always be rewarded. Is it fair you worked hard, while others you started off with never pulled their weight, only for you to then lose what you single-handedly developed into a successful entity because some folks never think pragmatically or fairly? This lack of fairness towards Tinubu , and what he has achieved, is nauseating.

The man made the ACN what it is today. For you to make the ridiculous suggestion he should be bounced for Utomi is simply an indication you are someone comfortable with gross unfairness. Have you ever worked hard to build anything? How about you lose that in minutes because a lazy thinker suggests you should be turfed out to make way for a stranger simply because they have issues with how you run something you single-handedly worked hard to develop? Tinubu should always be relevant in the ACN as long as he wants to be considering he persevered with and developed the Party while others, typical of Nigerian politicians, behaved like cheap prostitutes running from pillar to post in search of political office.

That Utomi is now joining ACN, when he did not have the sagacity to develop similar, is testimony to what Tinubu really is that many Nigerians, blinded by sentiments, can simply not appreciate. What is Tinubu doing so wrong that is galling some of you? Is he forcing illiterate and mediocre thieves on Nigerians everywhere as OBJ, Anenih et al are perpetually devoted to? The fact Utomi has even joined ACN speaks volume about how some of Nigeria's best brains pragmatically appreciate Tinubu for what he is.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Dec 24, 2012
Gbawe:

Why do people like you talk like this? I.e in a totally disgusting fashion that shows you are not fair-minded or even cognisant of how, fundamentally, usurpation of the efforts of others is one of the most disgusting thing in life? When Atiku, Ngige, Bafawara et al only ever viewed the ACN as a means to an end, who steadfastly and painfully stuck with the idea of developing the Party into a veritable opposition political platform?

I don't know how some of us view life in relation to human endeavour and the need for hard work, talent and innovation to always be rewarded. Is it fair you worked hard, while others you started off with never pulled their weight, only for you to then lose what you single-handedly developed into a successful entity because some folks never think pragmatically or fairly? This lack of fairness towards Tinubu , and what he has achieved, is nauseating.

The man made the ACN what it is today. For you to make the ridiculous suggestion he should be bounced for Utomi is simply an indication you are someone comfortable with gross unfairness. Have you ever worked hard to build anything? How about you lose that in minutes because a lazy thinker suggests you should be turfed out to make way for a stranger simply because they have issues with how you run something you single-handedly worked hard to develop? Tinubu should always be relevant in the ACN as long as he wants to be considering he persevered with and developed the Party while others, typical of Nigerian politicians, behaved like cheap prostitutes running from pillar to post in search of political office.

That Utomi is now joining ACN, when he did not have the sagacity to develop similar, is testimony to what Tinubu really is that many Nigerians, blinded by sentiments, can simply not appreciate. What is Tinubu doing so wrong that is galling some of you? Is he forcing illiterate and mediocre thieves on Nigerians everywhere as OBJ, Anenih et al are perpetually devoted to? The fact Utomi has even joined ACN speaks volume about how some of Nigeria's best brains pragmatically appreciate Tinubu for what he is.
This just shows that you believe that ACN is a one man party or a family business. If ACN is truly a progressive and democratic party like ya'll posit then what is wrong is someone else emerging the Chairman of the party as long as majority of the party members agree with him. If ACN were to follow your line of thought then they would remain a regional party and even relinquish some of the seats they currently wield in the SW.

And how has Pat Utomi joining ACN got to do with appreciating what Tinubu has done? Are you implying that ACN is Tinubu and Tinubu is ACN. It's unfortunate that someone like you would talk like this. So much for progressive party.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
Jerie:
My friend, can the combined number of the SS and SE (10 states) give Jona the required constitutional number? Are you a learner?
And what makes you think CPC controls the entire Northern region, or that ACN has the entire West or stands a chance up North. Though I'm not for PDP, I still believe they have a formidable force and standing, He's not a Learner, u r.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Gbawe: 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
This just shows that you believe that ACN is a one man party or a family business. If ACN is truly a progressive and democratic party like ya'll posit then what is wrong is someone else emerging the Chairman of the party as long as majority of the party members agree with him. If ACN were to follow your line of thought then they would remain a regional party and even relinquish some of the seats they currently wield in the SW.

And how has Pat Utomi joining ACN got to do with appreciating what Tinubu has done? Are you implying that ACN is Tinubu and Tinubu is ACN. It's unfortunate that someone like you would talk like this. So much for progressive party.

You are simply an unrepentant mischief-maker. Nothing I wrote indicate indicate what you suggest. If you are someone who is talented and a winner in life you will know where I am coming from. Like him or not, Tinubu is a very talented politician who built the ACN into what it is. Ngige, Atiku et al could have made the ACN strong in their regions but they showed myopia with wanting to use the Party solely to gain office and for nothing else. Like it or not, the ACN is a Private Political Party which means it is members who get to decide what goes.

Tinubu is not physically or mentally handicapped currently nor have ACN members, the stakeholders who matter , told you they want him out. Under him, the finest category of proven leaders are being given a chance to gain influential leadership positions. Why should he then be removed as a leader of the Party to make way for Utomi? Who told undemocratic people like you that you can comment on what others do when you are not a legitimate or legally recognised part of the process? How many times will it be repeated to intolerant Nigerians that the ACN members themselves all have absolute confidence in Tinubu's leadership?

The ACN is a Political Party. Fundamentally, it is its members who will decide the fate of Tinubu not you and others who just speak verbosely because you do not like the man. If Party members are happy with Tinubu what manner of arrogance leads someone to suggest Tinubu should be removed to pave way for Utomi? Can you come into my house to be telling me how to raise my children? Join the ACN and then move against Tinubu otherwise you and others just sound foolish with your constant and intolerant suggestion about what a private Political Party , that you are not a registered member of , should do regarding things that are totally subject to the discretion of registered members. People like you should learn to respect what others have built even if you don't like them. You should also learn to tolerantly respect the opinion of stakeholders.

5 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Standing5(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
So un-PDP-like.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by porka: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
And he joined secretly?

Why is he just telling/retelling his supporters?

We see politicians decamp to other parties with funfair in this country, it's not an issue.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by porka: 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
Sam xiu lee: progressives

Define progressive sir.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by GARRIx7(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
Utomi should focus on leading his state (Delta)....

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Utomi should focus on leading his state (Delta)....
I support that too. If we can have the likes of Utomi, Fashola, Rochas etc at the state level, Nigeria will be better for it.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 2:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
Gbawe:

You are simply an unrepentant mischief-maker. Nothing I wrote indicate indicate what you suggest. If you are someone who is talented and a winner in life you will know where I am coming from. Like him or not, Tinubu is a very talented politician who built the ACN into what it is. Ngige, Atiku et al could have made the ACN strong in their regions but they showed myopia with wanting to use the Party solely to gain office and for nothing else. Like it or not, [size=13pt]the ACN is a Private Political Party which means it is members who get to decide what goes.[/size]
Are we not saying the same thing? It's even a shame that you'll describe a party you support as a Private Political Party.

Gbawe:
Tinubu is not physically or mentally handicapped currently nor have ACN members, the stakeholders who matter , told you they want him out. Under him, the finest category of proven leaders are being given a chance to gain influential leadership positions. Why should he then be removed as a leader of the Party to make way for Utomi? Who told undemocratic people like you that you can comment on what others do when you are not a legitimate or legally recognised part of the process? How many times will it be repeated to intolerant Nigerians that the ACN members themselves all have absolute confidence in Tinubu's leadership?
When did i ever mention that Tinubu be removed as the head of the party. Are you confusing the Chairmanship of a party to the Leadership of a Party? Is Tinubu the Chairman of ACN or Bisi Akande?

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by anonimi: 4:00pm On Dec 24, 2012
rhymz: And you think Tinubu with his party connection will sitdown and let himself lose influence in the party? The man would rather make it ungovernable for every ACN member.

The same way he sent his dogs in the LASHA to hound Fashola with impeachment two/three years ago when his tax consultancy feeding bottle was about to be taken away?
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by horlatunde(m): 4:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
manny4life:

ACN may be progressive in the SW, but they're no different than PDP - both parties are have same manifesto. ACN may indeed be perfect for SW platform, they can't go national and challenge PDP because of the simple fact of "Godfatherism" and other underlying ethnic differences.
I don't know what you mean by god Fatherism bt if it is depending on one person or anoda to get electoral Vote I think it is the Bane of democracy as Obama depends on Clinton and other business Moguls to Win Election.... Bt if ur god fatherism is abt exploitation I think dey is non like dat in ACN. U can Ask Oshoimole. ACN can survive nationally as it is presently doing in Edo state aside SW.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by 7lives: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
rhymz: As far as opposition is concerned, the only edge the ACN has is its size but when it comes to substance, they are realy not any different from their enemy, the PDP.

I will continue to ask this question; why is it that the only thing one hears from Nigerian opposition parties is PDP and how to remove PDP. They are so obsessed with what PDP does that they forget to tell us what they can do through good examples. Seriously, opposition is not ready in this country, instead doing the real work of opposition they obsessed themselves with finding faults uneccessarily while overlooking the shenanigans in their own party.
ACN is a logical choice no doubt but the party needs some serious reforms even more than the PDP, if they truly want to be taken seriously by other political parties outside of the SW. It can't continue to be Tinubu enterprises or an extension of Afenifere. If it must oppose, it must be genuine opposition devoid of pettiness and a fault-finding mission. People like Utomi should be given a much bigger role to play in the reformation of the party if realy they want to make changes. All that Tinubu tiwa tiwa politics should be sholved aside, they can do that in Afenifere when Yoruba leaders meet but as a political party they must go beyond revolving everything around one man. Tinubu is a liability the ACN has to put in the background and not forward for negotiations and talks of coalitions. Well done Mr Utomi but if ACN continues to operate as presently formed, it wont be any different from the previous elections.
Start our own political party and lets see if you will allow yourself to be relegated to the background, Tinubu this, Tinubu that, give me a better opposition leader and I'll dump Tinubu.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by crossover(m): 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2012
This is the best news I ever read in the year 2012. I will pray fervently for a wining ticket of Ribadu/ Utomi Presidency comes 2015. In fact, for the first time, I am encouraged to become an active politician.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
Utomi's membership of the ACN could lead to a shot at the presidency in the future (not 2015). The ACN's best plan for 2015 would be to field a Northern Muslim as the Presidential candidate and a Southern Christian as his running mate. Pat Utomi would be the ideal person to be the running mate. The Hausa-Fulani may back this ticket IF GEJ emerges as the PDP's Presidential candidate. However, in that scenario, the ACN would likely carry the Northwest, Northeast and Southwest, while the PDP will carry the remaining 3 geo-political zones.
I'm basing my prediction, in part, to the voting history of the North-central zone, South-South and South-east. These three zones have always gone for the PDP in ALL Presidential elections since 1999.

Also, with the way things are going, I highly doubt that Fashola will be on ACN's 2015 Presidential ticket. At best, He is going to run for Senator, while Oluremi Tinubu might be drafted to run in the Lagos governorship election. Then if the ACN loses the 2015 Presidential election, the party may choose Fashola as their Presidential candidate in either 2019 or 2023.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by funshint(m): 12:52am On Dec 25, 2012
Prof. dis' a very cheering news; infact a long awaited move. Your focus now should be possibly contesting 4 governorship in Delta state and not d presidency. I believe U̶̲̥̅̊ are d change Delta people are looking 4. Once again Congratulations!!!
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
I'm surprised that Gbawe has not come to this thread to accept that he's wrong.
Re: Pat Utomi Joined The ACN Party In 2011 by Jerie(m): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Gabbysky:
And what makes you think CPC controls the entire Northern region, or that ACN has the entire West or stands a chance up North. Though I'm not for PDP, I still believe they have a formidable force and standing, He's not a Learner, u r.

Did you see me typing as per PDP or GEJ chances? That's how people fail exams. PDP will win gubernatorial and other elections, but with GEJ as its presidential candidate, it will be a hard sell. Once an Igbo man is a contender, the SE will show you the difference between Azikiwe and Ebele. Wait till u have an El-rufai/Okorocha or Shekarau/Fashola combo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vigilante Group Nabs 19 Boko-Haram Suspects In Borno. / Cramjones Threatened Via Email Over His Expose Of PDP Election Strategy / My Take On Nnamdi Kalu's Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.