Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines (8019 Views)

Construction Work Begins On 100km Road In Ogun / Work Begins On $3bn Lagos Light Rail / Work Begins On 10-lane Lagos-badagry Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb: See me thinking I would see pix of workmen clearing bushes

Feasibility studies equals begins work - only in the lala land of the gej administration and their muppets

Feasibilty studies are just that - to determine is a project is feasible/ practical - this addresses all sorts of challenges - funding, engineering, environmental, govt policies, social, security. Which is why some projects die at proposal stage

If they are favorable, design, review, vendor prequalification, bidding , contract award have to be done before mobilzation to site

Long and short of it "work" may not begin for another two years

Just another bizarre and typical attempt from team gej's gang of illiterates
Why didn't your clueful past govts do the feasibility studies? Even if they had done only the feasibility studies, GEJ would have been on step 2 now. But now that the 'clueful' ones did NOTHING, the 'clueless' one is DOING SOMETHING.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb:

stop being a simpleton - the 'development' is not even on paper. is it that none of you can comprehend simple written English?

a FEASIBILITY study is being conducted. that will determine if any of these puported railway lines is a viable project

going by our fgs previous record of perpetually shifting goalposts - there is nothing to celebrate here. just move along to the next great empty commitment
We know it serves your interest if the country remains stagnant so the the chances of your principal, in the opposition camp, winning come 2015 is brightened. We know you pray day and might that the country remains stagnated for this same purpose. We know you'r willing to deny your name, let alone any positive development, if that will discredit the incumbent.
However, in the end you'll be terribly disappointed. The country is moving forward on a speed lane. The Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed and is already in use. The construction of the Abuja-Kaduna fast rail line has crossed the 50% mark. Construction of the Lagos-Ibadan fast rail line began recently. This same feasibility studies you deride today will be completed next year and the govt will move to the next step. Transformation in the transport sector is also going side by side with that of other sectors- aviation, education, agriculture,electoral reforms,etc
By the way, how far with the Lagos metro rail that was started by Jakande in early 80's? The ACN govt is still on it 13yrs after? Fashola is still on it 6yrs after?
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by outcome12: 8:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
FG or whosever that takes this as Priority are insane.POWER is the KING, we NEED Power ,BULLSHIT
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by emmatok(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, only the feasibility studies will be done in full with govt money and it doesn't cost much. After the feasibility studies, all the projects will be advertised for construction under PPP. The private sector will select the routes they prefer and begin construction under the PPP arrangement. Therefore the real construction will not be done by govt alone, rather by the private sector in partnership with govt.
As far as I'm concerned, this is a FANTASTIC development. Even if it will take 20yrs to complete, like some mischief makers have said, the earlier we START, THE BETTER.

If GEJ government won't finish those projects then it is a White elephant project.
Another government will scrap it.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 25, 2012
latest by june, it would have collapsed totally. anybody want to bet.
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by toideve(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2012
May this project be fulfilled in my time. Amen!
Re: Work Begins On 10 New Rail Lines by ocelot2006(m): 3:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
oyb:

stop being a simpleton - the 'development' is not even on paper. is it that none of you can comprehend simple written English?

a FEASIBILITY study is being conducted. that will determine if any of these puported railway lines is a viable project

going by our fgs previous record of perpetually shifting goalposts - there is nothing to celebrate here. just move along to the next great empty commitment

@ oyb, will it hurt you and your kind to at least commend the current administration for the "little" strides made in our rail transport system? Will anything be taken from you if you provide constructive criticisms, not insults 'cos the project isn't spearheaded by ACN or co?

As a fellow engineer, I had assumed the govt plans would excite you due to opportunities this development will generate not only for the nation's economy, but our engineers (civil, structural, signals/telecommunications, power, mechanical, etc). But again, I guess I was wrong.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Affirms Jurisdiction To Try Rickey Tarfa, Trial Commences May 20 / Reps Probe Missing N14.8bn In Customs Service / See What Lord Lugard Said About Igbos, Yorubas And Hausas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.