Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians (7073 Views)

Yuletide: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays / CPC Condemns Jonathan Yuletide Message / Gov. T. A. Orji's Yuletide Message To The Good People Of Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by bizgynbala(m): 7:34am On Dec 25, 2012
Dear friends,

I want to seize this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a merry Christmas and a happy New Year in advance.

I feel the pains of Nigerians and that is why this yuletide period I have personally instructed that our roads should be worked on to enable you and your loved ones travel safely for the holidays knowing that this season brings with it the highest volume of traveler traffic of the year.

This administration also made sure that most of our airports received a facelift with the terminals rehabilitated and the runways upgraded.

Not done, we ensured that for the first time in decades, the cross country services (Lagos to Kano with stops in cities along the route) of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) were revived just prior to the holidays to provide Nigerian masses with an inexpensive alternative to road and air transportation.

Nigerians traveled on these coaches which took them from Lagos to Kano beginning on Friday the 21st of December, 2012 at a very affordable rate of 1,500 Naira, with stops at many cities along the route.

This administration also took steps to increase power generation by remaining true to the Timelines of the Roadmap to Power Sector Reforms which has seen history made on Friday the 21st of December 2012, when Nigeria’s power generation hit an all time high of just over 4,500 MW which I know is still not good enough, but which nevertheless is an improvement of what we met on ground to the end that as many Nigerians as possible can celebrate the holidays with power in our homes and communities.

I reaffirm to you that, God willing, Nigeria will witness a better year in the coming year.

Once again, on behalf of my family and I and the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, wishes every Nigerian a very Merry Christmas and a most prosperous and Happy New Year. GEJ

https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/489372214446491

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:58am On Dec 25, 2012
I don't give a damn. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by AbdulAdam56(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2012
Tank u mr president,but what our about fuel susbidy/scarcity or bh boyz?
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Paulipopor: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas Mr President.

3rd baby... grin
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by solamesin(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2012
Thank u mr president we hope for improvement.
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by k2039: 8:44am On Dec 25, 2012
As expected, you never seem to dissapoint me with your speech, complete and utter bulshit, nonesense.

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by 80million1: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2012
*speechless*

Top 7 baby!
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by holyvirgin: 10:16am On Dec 25, 2012
Nigerians stil expect more from your administration... Merry christmas

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by legalwealth(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for that and I say same to you Mr President

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by kehinde1588(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2012
we don hear mr president
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by SELFWORTH: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2012
As usual, many haters will abuse him and denounce his message.

I only need to remind you of what happened to all those who hated David and Daniel in the bible. All of them perished whilst God continue to strengthen the reign of David and Daniel.

God placed GEJ in the position to rule Nigeria . No one can remove him until God says its time for him to go. Instead of wasting your efforts abusing and insulting your president , please channel all that negative energy into praying for him that God will give him the wisdom of Solomon to rule this wicked, corrupt and selfish nation .

Without wisdom and help from God, NO ONE alive or yet to be born can rule Nigeria successfully . Not even all the haters of GEJ on NL.

7 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by denko(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2012
A merry christmas mr. President
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by SELFWORTH: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2012
holyvirgin: Nigerians stil expect more from your administration... Merry christmas

Then pray for him. He needs divine help to fix a nation that has been in shambles for over 40years. You cannot rebuild Nigeria overnight . This is something all those small brains on NL don't seem to understand .

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by ogochukwunasa1: 10:48am On Dec 25, 2012
i wish on u d way dis country is'''' if u av ruled dis country goodly' may good things follow u'''''if u av ruled dis country badly' may bad things follow u all the days of ur life and may ur children and childrens children reap d reward of d bad things u caused dis country''''merry xmas GEJ

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 25, 2012
lies
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Super1759: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2012
despite all that happened this year
Oil subsidy issue
Boho haram killings
Aluu4
Cynthia's case
Rapes and killing of students
Kidnaps
Constant bloodsheds
Dana crash
Helicopter and road accidents
Fire outbreaks and scavengings
Inflations,unsteady economy
Rich getting richer,poor getting poorer

NIGERIA is still standing and we are happy to witness today.
Great people...great nation
Happy xmas gej

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by tizblink: 11:01am On Dec 25, 2012
Jonathan's like barack obama..he's speeches are always wow..always knw how to sweet talk Nigerians..beginning to think he's the anti-christ sef..merry christmas sha...i still be your no1 supporter
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Pstbeloved: 11:07am On Dec 25, 2012
Thank you Mr. President. We hope more improvement in 2013. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Pstbeloved: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2012
Thank you Mr. President. We hope more improvement in 2013. God bless you and MERRY CHRISTMAS.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by sansom1(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2012
Nice word mr president,God wil change dis nation 4 better. But we stil need ur help on fuel scarcity.
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by gregg2: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2012
Double your effort Oga Presido. Naija is not there yet.
Merry Xmas too.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by PEREP: 11:22am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry Xmas sir. Even if you give ur head on a platter, some will still insult your lifeless body. Keep on keeping on and with steady improvements, it can only get better.
I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 25, 2012
GEJ,why don't you take that speech-written bullshiot and stick it up your arse.
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Opoki(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2012
SELFWORTH: As usual, many haters will abuse him and denounce his message.

I only need to remind you of what happened to all those who hated David and Daniel in the bible. All of them perished whilst God continue to strengthen the reign of David and Daniel.

God placed GEJ in the position to rule Nigeria . No one can remove him until God says its time for him to go. Instead of wasting your efforts abusing and insulting your president , please channel all that negative energy into praying for him that God will give him the wisdom of Solomon to rule this wicked, corrupt and selfish nation .

Without wisdom and help from God, NO ONE alive or yet to be born can rule Nigeria successfully . Not even all the haters of GEJ on NL.
Guy, this is democrazy, we rule ourselves to provide a better governance, don't relate scripture with this day life, when was the last time Manna came down, even in Isreal. We need better governance and thats it. If you're opportuned to go to places like SA, Swaziland and even small Scycelles you'll get my message.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by holyvirgin: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Then pray for him. He needs divine help to fix a nation that has been in shambles for over 40years. You cannot rebuild overnight . This is something all those small brains on NL don't seem to understand .
I aint no small brains and if you must know I am nt against jonathan, I voted him and I still believe he still has a lot to do... Dnt quote me next time if u have nothing reasonable to say

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by duni04(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2012

Pray for him? Wicked, selfish and corrupt nation? Are u ok?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Memphis357(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2012

You're just like your president...... Sick,demented and delusional!!!! Can you explain the rational in the way the country is being governed? The massive looting and stealing? Please,if you can't,I suggest you shut the Bleep up and stop this "destined to rule" talk. It's dumb muthafuckaz like U that made Nigeria be in this sorry state.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by duni04(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2012
tizblink: Jonathan's like barack obama..he's speeches are always wow..always knw how to sweet talk Nigerians..beginning to think he's the anti-christ sef..merry christmas sha...i still be your no1 supporter
Lol see joke. Is this sarcasm?
Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by ztar(m): 11:57am On Dec 25, 2012
hope he wont surprise us with his new year message....i am waiting..(in subsidy stylee)...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by MORNDEW(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
Whats this man telling me theres no power in my place since yesterday nd u give me crap. You appoint Anenih as NPA chairman and you say there is hope, its until you leave you dine nd wine with corrupt pple nd u tell us 2013 wud b better in your dreams.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by decoderdgenius(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Merry christmas also to you and your family mr president. But sir all the things you are bragging of doing are they not our right? Is it not the land of nigerians you got the resources to do them? So why does your speech suggest that you are dashing us something.
This message is going to all Jonathan supporters, mr president has not fulfilled any of his promises, whatever he is doing now is below par. Nigeria deserve better than this with all our resources so stop celebrating mediocrity with all that has been seen Jonathan regime is a mistake.
Merry christmas to all nairalanders and to all Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Yuletide Message To Nigerians by Homonide: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mr Jonathan feels our pain? That must be the biggest joke of the year; he had better tell that to the birds. Even the staunchest supporter of the President now knows that nothing is going to change in this administration. It is business as usual! The appointment of one time Mr Fix it, the epitome of corruption in Government, Tony Anenih as the Chairman of the NPA shows where Mr Jonathan's allegiance lies.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Debate: I The Devilhimself Challenges Berem To A Fair And Open Debate / Security, Economy: Statements From Yahaya Bello’s Declaration / Igbos terrorist throws party celebrate after beheading 4 soldiers PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.