Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. (10479 Views)

Air Force Corporal Slaps CSP Thrice At Lagos Airport / Lagos - Kano Train: 43 Hours Journey, Declining Passenger Interest / Boko Haram's `Accountant’ Arrested With N4.5m Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2012
Does the nigerian security force have d ability to trace cash to its source.i rily doubt that.so weda d guy is a genuine bizman or crook he is in deep shit.nigeria needs more forensic detectives and investigators than triga hapi ak 47 polcicemen and soldiers.cus it is beta to stop wrongs from its source dan to glorify minor arrests in d open.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 25, 2012
If I may advice, ask your relatives that live abroad to help. How? Wire bits and bits to there accounts, then travel to China. When u get there, they will send the money to u. I know it costs u money and time but this is safe. Let ur relative be trustworthy though. Sad if the money is legit! Well it's the law of the land not to carry large sums, u get to respect it. Abroad at the airports huge amounts are also confiscated

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by aribisala0(m): 11:37am On Dec 25, 2012
It is not true there is no limit to wire transfers but above a certain threshold the EFCC and CBN must be informed. This is not theory but reality so do not sit in front of a computer saying what you do not know. In fact some Nigerian banks offer Domiciliary accounts and Diaspora services too. Does Dangote do business with cash??
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 25, 2012
oluwa12002: If I may advice, ask your relatives that live abroad to help. How? Wire bits and bits to there accounts, then travel to China. When u get there, they will send the money to u. I know it costs u money and time but this is safe. Let ur relative be trustworthy though. Sad if the money is legit! Well it's the law of the land not to carry large sums, u get to respect it. Abroad at the airports huge amounts are also confiscated

The money is reduced to peanuts .The bank charges are more.calculate the ticket money,hotel bills,freight cost and then transport cost other expenses.How will you make profit.some Ibo traders land in lagos and start another journey to the east,no direct flight from china to eastern part of Nigeria.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by mosunade(f): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2012
Some people are plain dun.ce. Go to the UK and attempt to move any amount bigger than 10,000 Euro without declaration. There is a law, if you flout it, you get the repercussion. Only a dunc.e will start blaming the authorises for arresting them. If they are genuine, why dont they declare it?

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by mosunade(f): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
So na crime to get money again? Did they rob someone?

Nigerians must be dirt poor and corrupt for EFCC to arrest "innocent" ppl without any relevant source for large amount of money.

Let's keep in mind that "relevant" is subjective and disputable.

Na wa o. How do people think?
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2012
aribisala0: It is not true there is no limit to wire transfers but above a certain threshold the EFCC and CBN must be informed. This is not theory but reality so do not sit in front of a computer saying what you do not know. In fact some Nigerian banks offer Domiciliary accounts and Diaspora services too. Does Dangote do business with cash??

If you have no knowledge of something, pls shut up. What does domiciliary accounts have to do with this? Absolutely nothing as wire can also be done from Naira accounts...in fact banks like this as they will buy dollar or whatever currency you transferring in and make some money of off it. So your post is tangential and I'm afraid to say...misleading.

Now, Dangote owns a business, with a business of that size must have a business/commercial account approved for wire transfer more than $10,000 a day. But that is not the case for personal accounts, as $10,000 is the daily limit. Go to your bank and verify.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by YOUNGKAHUNA: 12:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Chai........With This Kind Money My Life Go Change For Better........
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2012
olas2u:

You are really ignorant,Text book business man
TextBook Business men are the greatest Businessmen. Thanks for such high compliment. Merry Xmas nematode.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Billyonaire: TextBook Busines
s men are the greatest Businessmen. Thanks for such high compliment. Merry Xmas nematode.

You own na theories,merry christmas

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
YOUNGKAHUNA: Chai........With This Kind Money My Life Go Change For Better........

Ask IBB, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo and many others if their money have changed them for better. Trust me...excess money is nothing in life. Buhari is a testament as he has a little and seem to enjoy life better and command more respect than the leader mentioned above. The spine of my comment is...money cannot and will never change you for better.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2012
Billyonaire: TextBook Business men are the greatest Businessmen. Thanks for such high compliment. Merry Xmas nematode.

Hope we can oneday inculcate the ibo business model into the textbook,its a good business model thats needs some changes that will include classroom.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by KayB: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
I don't see Nigeria growing if this country were to be left in the hands of these commentators in future

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Paulipopor: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
71 million naira is a lot of money, he should be able to account for the source. Businessman or no businessman everyone should be given d same treatment.
Merry christmas people!

Sent from my samsung tablet...grin
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2012
Some people here are talking a lot of nonsense, the law is the law, prove that the money is made legitimately, its normal thing in all airports, if the money is withdrawn from the bank then show your bank slip/bank statement,exchange bureau? Show them the slip.

The question is..why is he struggling to prove the source of the money? When the Govt failed to do the right thing we complain and when they do we still complain, we can't have it both ways.

Its even idiotic for any right thinking business man to carry such huge amount of money cash to another country, he will still be questioned at the POE to other countries even if he managed to pass through Nigeria airport unchecked.

1 Like

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
justwise: Some people here are talking a lot of nonsense, the law is the law, prove that the money is made legitimately, its normal thing in all airports, if the money is withdrawn from the bank then show your bank slip/bank statement,exchange bureau? Show them the slip.

The question is..why is he struggling to prove the source of the money? When the Govt failed to do the right thing we complain and when they do we still complain, we can't have it both ways.

Its even idiotic for any right thinking business man to carry such huge amount of money cash to another country, he will still be questioned at the POE to other countries even if he managed to pass through Nigeria airport unchecked.

I know you travel a lot,many Nigerians in Asia live there and send the goods to Nigeria expecting there money back through this method,an it has happened for years.Chinese visa is difficult for some business men,so people dont bother they pool money together and give one person to ship for them.
Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2012
olas2u:

I know you travel a lot,many Nigerians in Asia live there and send the goods to Nigeria expecting there money back through this method,an it has happened for years.Chinese visa is difficult for some business men,so people dont bother they pool money together and give one person to ship for them.

olas2u? There is no excuse for any businessman to carry such amount of money CASH dreaming of passing through any airport without proper documentation, its just moronic, even if the money was put together by his whole village he should have paper prove about the source of money.

2 Likes

Re: Passenger Arrested With N71m At Lagos Airport. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
justwise:

olas2u? There is no excuse for any businessman to carry such amount of money CASH dreaming of passing through any airport without proper documentation, its just moronic, even if the money was put together by his whole village he should have paper prove about the source of money.

The exchange is done through mallams,its difficult to access foreign exchange through the banks in Nigeria,mallams only stamp the money and issue the receipts.well i get you.The bank rations the amount of exchange you can get from them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of President Goodluck Jonathan's Child? / Court Declares Jarigbe As PDP Candidate For Cross River North Bye-Election / 426 FG Workers Risk Sanctions For Ignoring New Postings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.