Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period (8940 Views)

I Fried The Chicken And Also My Hand (photo) / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? / Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Davidolives(m): 10:18am On Dec 25, 2012
Why is fish inferior to chicken & Turkey during the yuletide period?

Why is Turkey/Chicken symbolic of the Yuletide period and why do peeps buy, cook and eat more of them instead of fish?

Even economically disadvantaged people would want to buy chicken/turkey when fish is cheaper and more nutritious?

Go to any market, cold room where fish & turkey/chicken are sold and you observe people buying more of the birds

Why is this? Contributions please. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by hrmkz: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2012
Na class now!
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Maybe only in Naija it's class..... sorry to burst your bubble... I've decided not to cook that huge turkey this Christmas ( we just had one in thanksgiving in october embarassed) .... I went to the farm and picked up a whole goat yesterday ( smoked with skin on tongue & all inside inclusive for pepper soup ) and that's what we are having this Christmas .... no poultry this Christmas ... sorry grin

And besides what's wrong with fish? It's good for you and rich in zinc and iron.... Naija and wrong focus , class ko class ni grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by tevinsolt: 2:47pm On Dec 25, 2012
what?.....everything is for me.....i don chop chicken, fish and turkey tire.....i'm craving for beef more
maybe in Nigeria tho?
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Bblaq17(f): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
It is cheap coz fish is a cheaper dan turkey n chicken.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Deivid10(m): 2:49pm On Dec 25, 2012
No b 4 where I dey o... Fish get size... 4here in Lekki... Fish dey oppress dem O + I even hear say for Akwa Ibom state na Dog dey top chat there self...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
We're not doing a huge turkey roast this Christmas, we opted for something very different.

And for reference, Fish is much more expensive than Meat, by a huge margin. I can't speak for Nigeria though.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Tmissy3000(m): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
Bblaq17: It is cheap coz fish is a cheaper dan turkey n chicken.

Lailau
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by iamswizz(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2012
Hello Op.. Please who is fish??.. Because i knw chicken

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by jhydebaba(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2012
Chicken is the reason for the season cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2012
who says people dont cook fish, its your choice

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by nel76(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
Al d way Fresh FISH till 31 Dec.....1 per day

Don't mind me...there r in ma compound
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by ayusco85(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
na goat things o. fish isnt symbolic to any festivity.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Francheezy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 25, 2012
na bk0z f!sh n0 dey sweet 4 xmas per!0d.
Na turkey nd ch!cken dey swEEt paSS.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by tevinsolt: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
hmm fish is actually more expensive than chicken over here
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by huninaija(f): 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2012
Shicken is the bestest. If you haven't had shicken/turkey this season you're just deceiving yourselves... All depends on your preference at the end of the day! cool
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
Old boy there is fish and there is fish.
No be every fish be mate.

At any point in time try to buy fresh fish anywhere in Nigeria and you will know what's up.

Not ice fish,geisha , "SAND DIN" grin or point and kill but

REAL fresh fish like obokun,kuta or oweere at least 3 times the cost of chicken
Anyway fresh fish is something that is "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" The unitiated will not even notice the difference

No be beans oo

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by 80million1: 3:04pm On Dec 25, 2012
*speechless*

...because
it
is
fish!
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by faporori24: 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2012
damm am last to comment god when will i make it to first here on NL
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by ipromise: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
Davidolives: Why is fish inferior to chicken & Turkey during the yuletide period?

Why is Turkey/Chicken symbolic of the Yuletide period and why do peeps buy, cook and eat more of them instead of fish?

Even economically disadvantaged people would want to buy chicken/turkey when fish is cheaper and more nutritious?

Go to any market, cold room where fish & turkey/chicken are sold and you observe people buying more of the birds

Why is this? Contributions please. . .

Maybe bcus u're not from riverine side, fish is our best..''Proudly ilaje guy''

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by sundaybam(m): 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2012
1.Some people only eat chicken and turkey during christmas period. *poverty tinz*
2. They taste delicious compare to fish.
3. Just to prove that they did the christmas in a big way. imagine after eating they pour the bones outside where every1 will see them or be using the bone for chewing stick just for their neigbour to see.*even if they borrow or collected them in dept. *poverty tinz*
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by alfredo4u(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2012
Fish and garri all d way
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by makinde3: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
I think is cultural to eat turkey or chicken during christmas period, people just get use to that and is not likely to change

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by ZeusI: 3:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
Blood of the lamb i reckon, and as a substitute; chicken/ turkey.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
I even prefer Obuko (He-goat)
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by olatosina(m): 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2012
Students lets share gists on www.facebook.com/naija brain [b]Students lets share gists on www.facebook.com/naija brain [/b]Students lets share gists on www.facebook.com/naija brain
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by Emmyk(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
Simple! Fish is a an every-day-thing.. Turkey and chicken is not. #grabs chicken with leg crossed gulping my can Amster Malt
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by manny4life(m): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
As for me, we're cooking the turkey in the oven as I speak. grin grin grin

BTW, the fish in my area is a lil more expensive than chicken or turkey. Chicken is about $0.60 - $0.75/lb as opposed to Fish that's about $1.30 to almost $4.00/lbs. I mean that depends on the type of fish. Salmons are VERY EXPENSIVE.
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Chicken no be every day thing? Poultry chicken is the cheapest animal protein. Chicken up and down every eatery abi those things na vulture?
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
manny4life: As for me, we're cooking the turkey in the oven as I speak. grin grin grin
Shut up! Ewu
Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by manny4life(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2012
aribisala0:
Shut up! Ewu

Keep trolling me from thread to thread, I don't do guys. Today is Christmas, a day of thanksgiving, and celebration and you will not ruin that for me...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period by aribisala0(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2012
manny4life:

I am very sorry sir please forgive me and my mummy. If i see you on any thread i will keep shtum embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Cook Delicious Achi And Okazi Soup / Daily Water Consumption In Nigeria Is N8bn / Homemade Buttermilk Recipe. How To Make Buttermilk From Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.