Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:30 AM

Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? (9309 Views)

How Can One Avoid Being Bombarded With Food During Festive Period / Why Is Fish Inferior To Chicken And Turkey During Christmas Period / Pictures Of Food You Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
I am sure we are all familiar with the tradition of people exchanging food during Christmas celebrations. You see neighbours sending plates of rice over. Some are still gonna send over tomorrow...lolz

*Is it really necessary? Especially when I didn't come to your house.
*Do you do it?
*When you receive do you eat it?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
Hmm...

My neighbours are already reminiscing on how the previous years has been: they gather together, eat together, drink together bla bla!..

I don't do it...

If they bring, I'll eat on one condition: If it's my landlady, That woman is a good chef and VERY NEAT!

It is not very necessary... it just fosters a little unity...kind of...

There are people that brings to me, Then it goes straight to the bin AND I'LL TELL THEM BIG THANK YOU WITH A WIDE GRIN...LOL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
What is Christmas to start with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by joseph1832(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
When I was a child I saw it as a waste of food (no disregard to the gesture) because what you give is the same thing we prepared so what tha hell!.

Now am an adult and I really appreciate the gesture, especially as a bachelor. grin

16 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by kingofpool: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Yea in my family we do it with our neighborz and even invite outsiderz, this time around i wanna share my self with kachisbarbie

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by joseph1832(m): 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
What is Christmas to start with.
Dude don't start because I may be forced to join you.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
joseph1832:
Dude don't start because I may be forced to join you.
I asked a question nd if u hv d answer u just answer.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by JoeCutie(m): 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
Gawd! I didn't do this. I didn't receive food from people before, during or after Christmas; not necessarily because I didn't want to, but because we were sternly warned NEVER to. I got the beating of my life one day I did it.

I remember when I was small, we travelled to the village for Christmas. I went to see one of my play mates at their place. On getting there, I saw my mum there discussing with his mum. The woman immediately offered me food. Omo if you see this Rice & plenty Chicken ehn... embarassed
Because mum had already warned us seriously against collecting food from outsiders, I was confused. I didn't know what to do. Mum was there shouting, "Collect na, Nna m, collect". If I hear. I looked at my mum, looked at the woman, then fixed my eyes on the sumptuous & delicious-looking meal being lowered to my table. Chai, I no know wetin I go do. I said NO! E pain me no be small, but if I had made the mistake of collecting & eating that food ehn, I would have received the highest igbati of my entire life when we get home. I knew this, I just had to avoid it. I then left that place...in frustration. cheesy

I know my mum. She go jez dey look you to know wetin you go do. Oya do rubbish na, you go hear am. grin

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by joseph1832(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
I asked a question nd if u hv d answer u just answer.
The answer you seek is embedded in the Oxford Advance Learners Dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by 100Cents: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
I no fit do am again..
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by 100Cents: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
JoeCutie:
Gawd! I didn't do this. I didn't receive food from people before, during or after Christmas; not necessarily because I didn't want to, but because we were sternly warned NEVER to. I got the beating of my life one day I did it.

I remember when I was small, we travelled to the village for Christmas. I went to see one of my play mates at their place. On getting there, I saw my mum there discussing with his mum. The woman immediately offered me food. Omo if you see this Rice & plenty Chicken ehn... embarassed
Because mum had already warned us seriously against collecting food from outsiders, I was confused. I didn't know what to do. Mum was there shouting, "Collect na, Nna m, collect". If I hear. I looked at my mum, looked at the woman, then fixed my eyes on the sumptuous & delicious-looking meal being lowered to my table. Chai, I no know wetin I go do. I said NO! E pain me no be small, but if I had made the mistake of collecting & eating that food ehn, I would have received the highest igbati of my entire life when we get home. I knew this, I just had to avoid it. I then left that place...in frustration. cheesy

I know my mum. She go jez dey look you to know wetin you go do. Oya do rubbish na, you go hear am. grin

You be Akpos ?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
100Cents:
I no fit do am again..

meaning, you been dey do am before? grin

kingofpool:
Yea in my family we do it with our neighborz and even invite outsiderz, this time around i wanna share my self with kachis.barbie

Uncle that word ehn...abeg explain

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Elkristo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2014
That was then. Tinz dn change, we no no who be who again.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
joseph1832:
The answer you seek is embedded in the Oxford Advance Learners Dictionary.
Who is Oxford by the way?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
If u live in the village u actually have no choice. Whether u like it or yes, u must like it
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
starlingleanets:
Who is Oxford by the way?

na biscuit....cabin biscuit tongue
AgapeCharis:
If u live in the village u actually have no choice. Whether u like it or yes, u must like it
but people still do it in town. U never see am?

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I never see dat kind biscuit b4 o
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

but people still do it in town. U never see am?
I never do Christmas for town o

All of dem na Villa tins grin
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Never done it before.

But I can see why people do.
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by englishmart(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
I Don't live in face me I face you apartment. I live in a place where the security guards won't even let you in
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
englishmart:
I Don't live in face me I face you apartment. I live in a place where the security guards won't even let you in

lolz.
U done see me wey dey live for face me I don't face you apartment. tongue
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by JoeCutie(m): 6:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
100Cents:

You be Akpos ?
Akpos? shocked

When? Where? Why? How? grin

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by yungchop: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
I can't even wait till 2mao.. #licks and smacks lips#
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by holatin(m): 8:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Do you Ve to be stingy even on Christmas ?
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Na part of d fun na. we belief is someone dat love u, dat we giv u food na.

1 Like

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by vizkiz: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
my compound is fenced...so how do you wanna bring "food" to us in the first place??

We only entertain our visitors and some other close friends
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
OK is that all? am still a loyal student of
ojuelegba senior high school Pakistan
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Bennyberry(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
We nigerians believe the best gift u can offer is 'stomach infrastructure'.so it all about LOVE...but on a sad note- this food sharing virtue is seriously fading off,which shows we r nt as loving nd united to eachoda as b4.
May Jesus visit us today nd forever.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by englishmart(m): 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
thread for people with long throats.. wink
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2014
Christmas is all about giving and receiving, and love-sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by greall1: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
[
Re: Exchanging Food During Christmas: You Like? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 25, 2014
what and who is xmas? Here in malaysia, noting like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blogger, Tatafonaija Feeds 1000 Kids In Abuja To Mark Christmas / How To Enjoy Alcohol Without Getting Drunk / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.